• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Danger Room: The X-Lounge

Honestly though, unless you're loaded with money. Keeping up with the X-Men comics is really quite eXpensive and imo not really practical. I feel like with videogames, movie tickets, streaming services and music concerts, I don't feel like I'm being drowned out with monthly eXpenses. With comics though, there's like 12 X-Men comics being released every month. My retail store - when I was buying, didn't really have a lot of stock, so when I missed an issue, the only way to buy a physical copy is get the TPB which is more eXpensive. It also takes like 20 minutes to finish reading 1 issue. Even if I cherry picked what to buy monthly, its not easy to just narrow it down to 1 to 2 titles because the other titles feature the other big X-Men. The content is another issue, if they aren't recycling ideas, they will quickly move on to the neXt event which includes a more eXpensive one shot issue.

So yeah just subscribe to Marvel Unlimited if its really hurting your wallet. It saves you a lot of money and physical space. If I didn't stop buying comics several years ago, I don't know where else would I put all of my comics.

Last edited:
After seeing the reviews for spiderverse, I kind of want an animated x-men film now. Could you imagine how good a big screen cartoon with Nimrod would be? What would you like to see for an animated x-film?

After seeing the reviews for spiderverse, I kind of want an animated x-men film now. Could you imagine how good a big screen cartoon with Nimrod would be? What would you like to see for an animated x-film?
Imagine a creative team of this quality taking on X-Men. Would be a dream.

As long as the animated film doesn't make the wait for Marvel Studios' X-Men longer. Okay. Crazy we got five Spider-Man movies from 2017 to 2023, five movies in siX years... okay. And there's 3 Spider-Man games as well from 2018 to 2023.

I'm calling PiXar right now to make X-Men: Into the X-Mansion.

As long as the animated film doesn't make the wait for Marvel Studios' X-Men longer. Okay. Crazy we got five Spider-Man movies from 2017 to 2023, five movies in siX years... okay. And there's 3 Spider-Man games as well from 2018 to 2023.

As long as it has Gambit. :p

Once X-Men finally starts there’s likely to be spin-offs boosting the regularity of X-content, hopefully to something like that frequency.

Once X-Men finally starts there’s likely to be spin-offs boosting the regularity of X-content, hopefully to something like that frequency.

Based on current financial reality at Disney, I would hold off on your dreams of an expansive X universe.

Based on current financial reality at Disney, I would hold off on your dreams of an expansive X universe.
The dreaming and speculating is a massive part of the fun for me, even if not realistic and if it never happens. Even though X3 disappointed for eg, I had a blast dreaming about it for 3 years and talking with fans when the X-forums were were very active.

At the moment the lack of discussion for many upcoming Marvel films is as much a fun-killer as anything for me.

2024: X-Men '97
2024: Marvel Studios' Deadpool and Wolverine
2026: Marvel's Wolverine
2027: Marvel Studios' Avengers: Secret Wars
2030: Marvel's X-Men

I'm unsure when are wegoing to get a feature film for the X-Men. But we should get a yearly dose of X-Men content (outside of the comics) from now on, even if they aren't headlining their own film.

I bet there will be more Kelsey Grammer cameo kind of role sprinkled in other MCU films before Secret Wars (maybe in both Fantastic 4 and Avengers 5).

Favorite X-Men moments?
All the Liberty Island scenes in "X1"
The mansion raid and church visit in "X2"
Beast and the Iceman/Pyro fight in "X3"
Magneto vs. Sebastian Shaw in "First Class"
Quicksilver's first run, and Rogue's rescue in "Days of Future Past"
The Danger Room ending in "Apocalypse"

I don't think I've seen "Dark Phoenix" all the way through. If I have, its been a while.

I don't think I've seen "Dark Phoenix" all the way through. If I have, its been a while.
X1 - the X-Men introduction with those codenames
X2 - mansion raid especially Colossus' cameo
X3 - Angel's opening scene
FC - Moira infiltrating the Hellfire Club, seeing those mutants
DOFP - present day ending
A - Psylocke's action scenes
DP - space mission

Best part of Dark Phoenix was when the credits rolled.

nightcrawler's introduction will always be pretty top tier for me for character intros, or superhero movie beginnings

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"