The Dark Knight The Dark Knight Fan Review Thread

hahaha

Besides, even batman and joker's last scene was just between the two of them, having a conversation. Perfectly intimate.

You mean the one with the slow-mo shootout between them? :hehe:

I think Nolan and co. were thinking about that long vacation when they shot the third act of TDK. The direction in that third act was piss poor.

:D This guy just loves "rattling the cages" doesn't he?! At least give a genuine reason to why you think the direction in the third act was "piss poor". Why was it piss poor?

:D This guy just loves "rattling the cages" doesn't he?! At least give a genuine reason to why you think the direction in the third act was "piss poor". Why was it piss poor?

At least he doesn't seem to be having any more "intimacy issues" now. :D

I think Nolan and co. were thinking about that long vacation when they shot the third act of TDK. The direction in that third act was piss poor.

What third act? Be clear.

:hehe: funny.

Why do you people keep falling into this trap he puts out at every post? As for a review, I'd give it a 9.

I ain't falling for it, it's pretty clear that he is just here to wind people up. I don't think he has come out with one genuine reason for all this bashing yet. If people intelligently criticize something I haven't got a problem, but when someone comes out with crap he comes out with its just silly. And pointless.

Are you guys still at this? :o

Apparently yes. :oldrazz:

I ain't falling for it, it's pretty clear that he is just here to wind people up. I don't think he has come out with one genuine reason for all this bashing yet. If people intelligently criticize something I haven't got a problem, but when someone comes out with crap he comes out with its just silly. And pointless.
He claimed that he was a better director than Nolan. It's just that nobody's heard of him yet. :oldrazz:

Guys, remember, TDK had a fairytale ending!!!

Yep. The valiant Jim Gordon was re-united with his family and that troublemaker Batman got chased out of Gotham once and for all. :)

Seriously though, "You and me...we could do this forever" seemed pretty intimate to me--chilling, even.

Applying the three act structure to all cinematic works is lazy and immature.

You're placing this three act template over a movie it doesn't really fit.

If you have issue with elements of the film, it's best to specifically site them, and argue how they impact the overall effectiveness of the film. Saying nothing about a "third act" you're assuming we all agree exists isn't getting you anywhere.

I was expecting something similar with TDK...and was severely disappointed. I love TDK...just thought the third act could have been better.

Pretty much sums it up for me.

The thing is that the relationship between batman and joker is almost mythical (the bright, smiling, evil trickster and the dark intimidating noble hero) has a large amount of subtext. However, the whole "release the hostages" thing is, to be fair a fairly shallow Ton Clancy-ish type thing.

The clash of styles undermine each other - the hostage situation makes the batman vs joker fight seem unrealstic, whilst the batman joker face off makes the hostage stuff seem overly fussy.

It would have been better if the joker was hidden (the skyscraper could still work as a hideout - i like the contrast between Bruce's penthouse and the joker's bare, nihilisticly empty, in-construction tower) and had a face off, whilst the cops freed the hostages held elsewhere, in quick, montage flashes.

Anyone agree?

I'm not sure if I agree with everything you said, but yea I do find the final hostage situation a little bit, I dunno, rushed?

I also really dig your comparison of Batman and Jokers "bases". Batman/Bruce in a luxurious high-rise apartment. Joker in a unfinished, construction site high rise. Very interesting.

Having batman not present at the hostage situation makes the cops distrust him, possibly

However, only batman knows the joker is going to blow up both the ferries (though everyone has to know about the game to make it work...), hence he goes after him instead; batman takes out the joker, the cops find the hostages, gordon goes after dent

i dunno, i think it would be neater - plus, would the joker choose to have that much attention (hostages, clowns) in his hideout? he;s only there to watch the "fireworks" so would want to stay hidden

Last edited:
Na, I don't think he's that bothered about getting caught. As we know he can escape if he wants anyway. I think he wanted Batman to find him because he wants Batman to kill him "Oh you made it! We're so thrilled!" as he puts it. I think all of this was a test for Batman. Joker has put him in such a desperate situation that he hopes he will kill him, but Batman is too noble to do that.

Na, I don't think he's that bothered about getting caught. As we know he can escape if he wants anyway. I think he wanted Batman to find him because he wants Batman to kill him "Oh you made it! We're so thrilled!" as he puts it. I think all of this was a test for Batman. Joker has put him in such a desperate situation that he hopes he will kill him, but Batman is too noble to do that.
Well said. I like when Batman used to kill people in the comics, does that make me a bad person ?:woot: More seriously, I like that Batman doesn't kill anymore, it feels like he was not always an angel but learned to be a better person.

I honestly think the majority of their interpretation of Batman himself was kind of poor.

Pssstt.....They actually don't shoot scenes in chronological order...

:o

You have to elaborate otherwise statements like this on their own are basically meaningless...
He didn't have the same commanding presence as he did in Batman Begins. That almost "supernatural" element was taken away from him in this film and it just worked against the character.
Like with other Batman films, they relied too much on gadgets and not enough on his fearful visage.

He didn't have the same commanding presence as he did in Batman Begins. That almost "supernatural" element was taken away from him in this film and it just worked against the character.
Like with other Batman films, they relied too much on gadgets and not enough on his fearful visage.

That was sort of the point though - as Maroni said, Batman was no longer as feared by the underworld as it became apparent he had 'rules'. I have a feeling the focus will go back onto it in the 3rd film however after the ending of TDK.

Fair points, but I think what they were trying to get across was that he is no longer feared, that he isn't the only "freak" out there and he has rules. Basically it's showing that he has lost his supernatural edge and people fear him less because the Joker is worse. As Maroni said "We're wise to your act, you got rules. The Joker? He's got no rules"

Well THE DARK KNIGHT will soon be on DVD, and I just had to write one more review. More like a gushing of my love for this movie.
And every time I say how much I love this movie I also have to include my love for Batman Begins which got us started.

I love Nolan, and Goyer and Nolan's brother for the great job they did on both films.

Batman has truly been brought to life for the first time on film. The old movies are obsolete.

I was so happy when I saw Ironman and was like wow, this is a comic book faithfully brought to life it's very cool, then I saw The Dark Knight and was like whoa! this is the next step, this is a milestone, not only is it a faithful comic book movie it is so much more. It is the best Batman movie ever made and, a great film in its own right.

That's what's so cool about the new Batman movies, they're awesome movies. Not just an excellent Batman movie but an excellent movie all its own.

Nolan and goyer did something special with these films.

Batman has been done justice finally, he has been prtrayed as dark before but, now he's dark, and taken seriously and done with a high class take on it.

This movie gets five stars.

I remember being worried about how The Joker would be portrayed in TDK, and here he was done the best he's ever been. Heath truly got him, and the writers. They truly captured his character, the mystery, the mayhem, everything that is The Joker.

I cannot wait to buy this movie!!!:brucebat::hoboj::2face::batty:

I can't believe I am going to own this movie soon!

The one thing I loved about this film is the great comic Book feel to it, the amalgam of things from the comics.

You have the Joker on tv warning Batman and Gotham of his plan to kill if Batman doesn't reveal his identity, and that's one thing Joker's always done and other villians, is take over the air waves to send a message or warning of their evil plan, in this case a tape sent into the cops.

But even early on Joker was doing this, like sending his message out over the radio.

Then there's Bruce living in the Wane Enterprises penthouse, like in the comics in the 70's, with the full round view of Gotham. In the comics it was so Bruce could be closer to the city, in the film 'cause of what happened to Wayne Manor.

I loved that they used that. It's little touches like that that lets you know the writer's read the comics and knows his stuff.

I love the faithfulness to the comic Books and respect for the fans, that is what makes a good comic book movie. and a successful one. If you spit on the source and spit in the eye of the fan just to use a name and try to make a quick buck then you end up with a flop.
That's why Marvel studios took control and made Ironman, and the incredible Hulk, or they'd have kept on making garbage.

And now DC/WB's hopefully learned from Batman, and Marvel Studios what to do that is right.
You have to respect the fans and make them faithful to the comic books.
It doesn't matter what joe everyman thinks, it's what the fans think. They're what brought success to it in the first place who got it to where people want to see a movie of it, those who read it. And if it looks good and is good the rest of the public will go to see it too.

Not every one knows Ironman, but since it looked cool and was cool alot went to see it.

Now DC/WB have to fix Superman. And they need to silence those dumb Beyonce rumors as WonderWoman.
WonderWoman is white, that's what her character is, get a white actress to play her, that is all. Otherwise it's not that character who fan want to see, they'll be like who's the black girl, where's Wonderwoman?, You have a character of a certain race then they are that race, that's it. don't change that. You wanna' make a movie about a black Superhero then make one about one out there, there are alot.

Like Joel Hale said on The Soup, maybe he should play Blackula then.

I am just happy they finally did Batman justice with BB and now TDK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"