Symbol change

I'm sorry, but I think the oval is awesome.
I mean, just for the fact that its so bright and out there.
Its almost like Batman is daring his enemies, "Yeah, here I am, here's my symbol, and you still can't hit me!"
Think back to the Keaton suit.
That yellow just stood out, its so friggen cool.
89bat891cd4om.jpg

I mean seriously, you cannot say that oval looks bad.
The oval is an essential part of Batman, and I still think it kicks ass.

trustyside-kick said:
Well I tried a lot of colors besides yellow but none worked except for this:

dyellowbatman.jpg

The original picture has a black bat logo instead of the oval. I made the oval a very dark yellow or at least more like the color of his utility belt and I think it looks cool; not too bright but still ionic and looks great. Also I tried different sizes and a big oval is what looked best IMO. If you have a small emblem it looks just plain old ******ed.

Can you please post the original picture with just the Bat on so we can compare??

Dark Guardian said:
89bat891cd4om.jpg

I mean seriously, you cannot say that oval looks bad.
The oval is an essential part of Batman, and I still think it kicks ass.
That oval looks bad. There, I said it. Now, the oval doesn't always look bad, but to say it's "essential" is simply false. He got along fine for many years before anyone thought it up, and does fine without it now... at least when he's drawn without it.

In my opinion, I think the oval works better on an entirely black bat-suit as opposed to a black bat, cause, well, you see it better (sorry, Begins), cause if you´re going to have a symbol, what´s the point if you´re not showing it? Don´t get me wrong, I like the black bat much better than the oval, but just not on the black suit...

The Englishman said:
Can you please post the original picture with just the Bat on so we can compare??

Sure. But I will post both of them so you can compare better. :up:

Original Picture:
New_Batman_color_by_JPR04.jpg

Editted Picture:
dyellowbatman.jpg

IMO both pictures look great. I was just simply pointing out when first making that edit that the oval can look great if the right color and size.

Yeah....the oval kinda ruins the drawing. The other one just works better, not just design wise....but color wise too.

But, your right.....if the right size, and right color...it CAN work.

Problem is, it'd have to be near perfect. With the solid Black Bat...it doesn't have to be perfect or near perfect all the time. It can be kinda fine, and it'll still be good.

Kaizer said:
In my opinion, I think the oval works better on an entirely black bat-suit as opposed to a black bat, cause, well, you see it better (sorry, Begins), cause if you´re going to have a symbol, what´s the point if you´re not showing it? Don´t get me wrong, I like the black bat much better than the oval, but just not on the black suit...
I agree.

Shame the all-black costume sorta sucks in the comics. IMO.

Well, problem is ON PAPER....it doesn't work. Too hard for lighting, and angles and **** for EVERY artist to get right.

On film, I think the all black out fit.....and balck bat....works, b/c of the different shades of balck and real life lighting effects.

But, hey.....they COULD try it in the comics....if they weren't such puss'es

wouldn't it just be good if the oval didn't have the yellow fill in it? It kinda sticks out like those orange highway construction worker vests if you ask me

ChrisBaleBatman said:
Well, problem is ON PAPER....it doesn't work. Too hard for lighting, and angles and **** for EVERY artist to get right.

On film, I think the all black out fit.....and balck bat....works, b/c of the different shades of balck and real life lighting effects.

But, hey.....they COULD try it in the comics....if they weren't such puss'es
They did try it in the mid 90s...

92693blackbats.jpg

That's not totally black there, but it gives you an idea. Give me black and gray anyday over that.

I always thought Batman's costume in Morrisons JLA was the best.

I mean....could have been blacker. That looks like purple to me.

Meh, I think I just want the Batman Begins costume to be everywhere. It's just part of who I am now, I guess.

The yellow oval really cant work anymore since artists are starting to find a good way to color batman his real colors and enhance the color highlights with the environment and not have the suit like in the pictures all blue with black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"