The Dark Knight Rises What should the final scene of the trilogy be?

I'd hope that it wouldn't leave a thread open for a sequel if indeed it will be their last. I would love it if the joker could make an apperance in unused footage like helloiamben suggested.

Bruce supervises the construction of two poles being built joining the mansion to the bat-cave.
The idea to have him at his parents grave is the best one I've read on here though, don't want something so similar to Batman 89.
Maybe have him at the grave and then cut to him coming out of teh shadows and stopping a mugging, letting us go away with teh feeling that even though he has been at the lofty heights of stopping the microwave transmitters, clown faced terrorists and stopping Catwoman dropping the crown jewels down a chimney, he will always be out there dealing with the everyday crimes and criminals preventing the kind of tragedies that made him.
I don't think the Nolan-Batman will be out there dealing with the everyday crimes though...I don't even think he's trying to prevent common criminals from inflicting the kind of tragedies that made him, but rather he's trying to fix the city that turn people into common criminals in the first place.

Bruce stole, too, before he became Batman; he know what it's like to be so desperate that one can only turn to crimes. So I don't think he would be pissed off if he saw someone robs a convenient store or something. (Jewelry store? That's another story.)

That's why I have so much more respect for Nolan's Batman; he's not being intolerant, he's trying to fix the real problem.

I don't know what the perfect symbolic scene would be to end the trilogy but The Dark Knight Rises should definitely end with a display that Batman has truly inspired the people of Gotham to fight for change. Maybe the appearance of a certain sidekick?

iwpv1z.jpg

Last edited:
What if the Batcave isn't fully set up until the end of the film, or maybe gets damaged. Then the end of the film should be Alfred and Bruce talking about Batman's crusade, deciding that Gotham is worth fighting for, turning on the Cave's lights, Bruce sittting down at the computer, as the camera pulls back to see the Batcave in all its glory, before the theme mucic swells and a storm of bats fly past. Cut to black.

LOVE the idea of Batman thanking Gordon at the end. I'm 100% in the camp of wanting it to end with Gordon and Batman. Gary Oldman is the only actor who has been told the ending, or so I've read, so I really think it will.

Hmm. Why would he be the only one? Why shouldn't Bale also know it than? Just thinking out loud.

Caine said Nolan told him the ending there are only 4 that were told the ending. My guess is Bale, Caine, Oldman and another one who might be at the last scene (Hathaway maybe?).

I think it'd be just an awesome shot for Batman to be standing in front of the Batsignal as it's relit, and we just see his silhouette amidst this bright shaft of light. Then the camera pans up and we see the Symbol in the Gotham skyline and here throngs of people roaring and cheering the return of their savior as the music builds. Then it cuts to black.

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

It should be Batman standing on the edge of the same building he was first night as Batman in BB

as pointed out before it could very well be that Batman thanks Gordon for his help, and Gordon replies that he doesn't have to thank him.

Then Gordon jumps off the building. Bam, the trilogy comes full circle.

as pointed out before it could very well be that Batman thanks Gordon for his help, and Gordon replies that he doesn't have to thank him.

My favorite.

The only thing I'd add is after the redisplayed title card it's followed with "Christopher Nolan sleeps" :)

I'm conflicted as there are too many things I want to see in the final scene.

Bruce should see the Bat signal shining from Wayne Mansion and get suited to meet Gordon somewhere in Gotham. Simple ending showing he will always be needed by his hometown.

If it's a highly top secret ending that only 4 people in the world know about, I highly doubt it's just Batman standing on a ledge.

Probably some kind of Bruce/batman internal monolague with him accepting his role as batman.

After Bane is apprehended, killed or whatever it's revealed that during Gotham's destruction (or whatever has happened) that the Joker escaped Arkham.

Cut to this,

0:20 - 0:32 (disregard the Penthouse/Rachel/Batman bits)

[YT]QghzJRDLzbo[/YT]

Basically set the scene up as The Joker and a few henchmen back in Gotham. Change some dialogue around a bit (make the thug say something else).

Main idea here is, any unused footage or dialogue you have of the Joker that would make sense to use, USE.

joker2_fox.jpg

Joker-in-Police-Car-the-joker-23804122-400-600.jpg

Then, to tie everything up, you gotta have a final interaction between Gordon and Batman. Something reminiscent of Begins and TDK, but still different enough. A member suggested Batman saying "thank you" to Gordon and if Gordon does indeed inspire Bruce to get his Batman mojo back ("we were in this together, the Batman must come back, he must") I think that would be great.

These two scenes would establish three things, by the end of the film Bruce finds that he needs both the charity, philanthropy side of "Bruce Wayne", the side his father would be "proud of" and also, the Batman persona. The silent guardian, the avenger of the night that fights the criminal element of Gotham City. It would also play with the Rachel/Selina aspect of Bruce's personality. Rachel/Catwoman, Bruce/Batman, Ying/Yang. The second thing it would establish is the relationship between Gordon and Batman, the unrelenting heroes and defenders of Gotham city. The third and final establishment would be that Batman has transcended from the character that we saw in Batman Begins, a whole character arc. This Batman understands what it is to be Batman (he's gotten wise to it all) and that he will need to do this for the rest of his life (especially now with the Joker element back into the picture and the fact that Gotham will always be a target by future enemies).

Have a couple of iconic, epic lines from either of the two that makes sense for the title of the film (Batman's rise to character) then cut to,

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

I love this idea. The Gordon/Bats stuff is interchangeable with whatever Chris comes up with, but the Joker idea is definitely interesting. I'm sure both Heath and fans would appreciate some sort of tribute like that! Plus it basically establishes Batman's status quo from the comics.

Apparently the final scene will be all visual FX...

Here is my hopeless wish that would make me explode with joy

Movie Ends. Credits roll. After the credits we see a title that says "40 years later"
We see old man Bruce Wayne played by Christian Bale sitting in a rather dark but high tech looking Bat-cave. He monologues about how Batman went from being a symbol, to a force to a universal truth. Gotham will always need Batman and vice versa.

It cuts to a warehouse where a bunch of scared looking thugs are shooting wildly while being brutally taken out one by one. The scene is completely silent except for the monologue. He speaks about how time has caught up with him, his body is giving out and that a new generation must take up the mantle and the responsibilities.

A figure emerges from the shadows. Solid black head to toe except for ghostly white lenses and a blood red Bat symbol on the chest. The figure spreads his wings, short, black outside and red inside. He takes off, smashing through the glass panels in the roof. We follow him for a while as he glides and we see a Blade Runner inspired Gotham.

CUT TO...

A red title that reads "COMING SOON"

I'm sorry I just loved Batman Beyond

Batman makes Bane cry like a baby and tortures him until he gets answers outta him.
It is revealed that Rachel Dawes is not only still alive, but she was behind it all.

Apparently the final scene will be all visual FX...
That has been on my mind. For some reason when I hear that, I envision a rebuilt Gotham City flashforward ala Lex Luthors's rebuild after No Man's Land. Bane could've used his earthquake machine to level some or most of the buildings? The end theme of Gotham picking itself up?

bruce rips his mask off thrrows the cape on the floor opens the fridge in the newly done up bat cave pulls out a bottle of like 200 year old champagne he turns round and smiles "lets get it oooonnnnn! cut to a cat suit being unzipped then bang end credits role or bang alfred is trying to get in the bat cave to watch but bruce has locked the door

"I think i prefered the penthouse now, much more open plan"

or failing that id like to see an empty cell with identity unknown above the door that is wide open and the maybe a couple of dead gaurds slumped outside and the sound of manic laughter ringing out with a siren starting and then bang dark knight rises credits

or even simpler

bruce in a dressing gown sat with his feet up, a can in his hand after a long few years work done with his bunny slippers on some empty cans on the table. Then with out warning a loud explosion is seen on the horizon and machine gun fire rings out out side. Bruce rolls his eyes and look s a the bat suit all in a pile on the floor.

"sod it I've had a drink now!"

he turns his head over the couch

"Alfred if the phone rings I'm not in ok?"

then he turns the x box on and starts playing arkam city and drunkedly grumbles to him self

"I wish my suit was like that in real life"

then roll credits

Even though this would never happen...

I'd love something to set up a Batman Beyond movie in a few years, as opposed to a Batman reboot. :D

OMG i literally laughed out loud at my desk. My editor asked me what was so funny LOL

i thought my endings were quite good above but everyone has ignored them obviously its the british humour thing :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"