The Defenders The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that official Marvel artwork?

If so, I see that they had to take DD out of his costume or he'd look out of place next to the others.

Is that official Marvel artwork?

If so, I see that they had to take DD out of his costume or he'd look out of place next to the others.
It is. It's done by Joe Quesada as a wrap poster. As for the costume thing, I t's celebrating the actors and it'd also be to balance the use of color per character. You and your costume talk is getting so tiring.

Besides magic superpowers, another thing the Hand might use against Luke is poison. It may be impractical to inject him, but inhaled or contact poison could mess him up. Even injected poison is an option, if you assume the hand can pull out some kind of magically sharp weapons. . . maybe only preternatural enough to barely scratch his flesh, but a scratch is enough.

Or get it in his eyes, and isn't all his internal tissue normal? I seem to recall that being an important thing in JJ

Yeah, there are lots of ways the Hand could plausibly threaten Luke. Its not a big deal.

Yeah, there are lots of ways the Hand could plausibly threaten Luke. Its not a big deal.

I still hope that Cage gets to really show what happens when he's up against sword-wielding ninjas early on. His superpower is being almost completely unkillable. I want to see swords break on him in the first episode before The Hand start getting creative.

I still hope that Cage gets to really show what happens when he's up against sword-wielding ninjas early on. His superpower is being almost completely unkillable. I want to see swords break on him in the first episode before The Hand start getting creative.

We will probably get something like this.

tumblr_onemy0DZAp1uxv4oqo1_1280.png

Here's the real question for this series. How will they make Daredevil, Colleen Wing not seem weak in comparison to the other Defenders? Super senses and swordfighting skills come across as useless when Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist are all incredibly powerful and Misty Knight is a great shot.

Iron Fist isn't powerfull at all in the show. Daredevil has major fighting skills and is probably the smartest of the four. He'll be fine, Colleen as well. The Hand's ninja's aren't supernatural, right? Except for Nobu and Elektra.

Colleen Wing doesn't need to come off as powerful, because she's a secondary character.

Matt? He may not have super strength or magic fists, but he's still a highly skilled ninja who has considerable superhuman senses. He's fine.

Here's the real question for this series. How will they make Daredevil, Colleen Wing not seem weak in comparison to the other Defenders? Super senses and swordfighting skills come across as useless when Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist are all incredibly powerful and Misty Knight is a great shot.

The only advantage that Iron Fist has over DD is his super-punch, and it's been shown that he can't keep using it over and over again without restoring his chi. He's also easily manipulated, which can cause him to lose focus of his chi.

Matt? He may not have super strength or magic fists, but he's still a highly skilled ninja who has considerable superhuman senses. He's fine.

Luke and Jessica are pretty much tanks, so I would assume that Matt will be the detective part of the gang, since he can "see" what the others can't.

The only advantage that Iron Fist has over DD is his super-punch, and it's been shown that he can't keep using it over and over again without restoring his chi. He's also easily manipulated, which can cause him to lose focus of his chi.

Well, that and he's a superior fighter.

Eh, he has crap choreography, but if you go by the actual story effects? He's a better martial artist. He fights better foes and wins, with less effort and fewer injuries. It just doesn't show as well because, again, crap choreography.

Scott Buck had nothing to do with this, right?

Please say he didn't

Scott Buck had nothing to do with this, right?

Please say he didn't

He's been promoted to the position of Kevin Feige's right hand man and protege. :o

matt is a brawler. very skilled and as you point out super senses but at his hart he is a lay everything on the line type of fighter. Thats his character and thats what will stand out i suggest.

Matts introduction was him beating the **** out of people, we learned that this was an itch he needed to scratch for a long time. Compare with the rest of them.

Defenders is not being handled by the same showrunners/writers as Iron Fist, it's the showrunner from DDs2 (who was also a writer on DDs1). Also, Drew Goddard is said to be actively involved as Exec Producer.

Charlie Cox said both DD & IF have costumes last year. Apparently that doesn't mean anything to you though.

Thats not what he said.. he said out of all the 4 daredevil and iron fist have iconic costumes.. he was presuming danny rand would wear a costume.but finnjones said he wont wear it for a while

Colleen Wing doesn't need to come off as powerful because she's a secondary character.

colleen wing does need to come off as powerful if u have watched IF season 1 out of all the secondary characters she is the most powerful and will have the most to do fighting wise. Im thinkinging she will be more above all the secondary characters from other show screentime-wise as she is listed as being in all 8 episodes, also they would have known she is bad-ass from seeing ifon fist before it aired I think here role would be elevated. shes better than claire and misty my a LONG LONG LONG shot in terms fo fighting wise for actions scenes.. i think she will be in the most of them with other 4.. plus danny and her are a couple so they come as a pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"