The "Detective Skills" thread

The Batman

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but they need better detective scenes in the next movie, scenes that really show off Bruce's analytical genius

Yeah, I'd really like Batman to have to follow some sort of trail, work out puzzles, etc. to get to whoever the villain is in the next movie. Riddler would be a good way of doing this.

If it only makes sense with the film. I don't want them to hit the detective skills of Batman over my head.

Beat me to it Anno. All depends on if it suits the story to me. If they did more mystery type of film (with The Riddler as a for instance), then some longer, more in-depth detective scenes would enhance the story.

I'd rather see something like that then just shoe-horned in elaborate detective scenes that only exist to show us what a great detective Batman is, rather than advance the story.

But I do hope we see a more detective/mystery focused Batman film at some point.

That would be nice.

As a fellow Indiana Jones fan - I salute your deviantART gallery.
:awesome: :indy:

On topic - I think the new series needs to be more 'Batman' centered and less on Bruce Wayne. That includes making Batman more of a detective and I want a full fledged Batcave to showcase this.

It's an element sorely missing from every Batman film, except maybe Batman (1989).

It's the deductive skills we haven't really seen much of yet. Bruce as an analytical fellow, able to use forensics is all well and good, but that's not what sets him apart, it's his steel trap of a mind.

It's the deductive skills we haven't really seen much of yet. Bruce as an analytical fellow, able to use forensics is all well and good, but that's not what sets him apart, it's his steel trap of a mind.

This is why the Kevin Conroy Batman is still my favorite.

I just hope they don't try to do something similar to the scenes in the new Sherlock Holmes films.

they tried this in the dark knight.

hell , even the "puzzle solving " scenes in batman forever or bats researching joker/penguin and figuring out the smilex formula in the burton films counted as them trying to do this.

i don't think fans will ever get satisfied . lol

however, i do agree that they could work on this aspect a bit more.

In my opinion a shape-shifting or master of disguise criminal Clayface is just as good of a choice as the Riddler in displaying Batman's detective skills. Discovering and exposing Roman Sionis' illegal dealings as Black Mask or finding where Killer Croc has held a kidnapped victim ranson could,to a lesser extent, serve that purpose as well.

While I'd love to see more deductive skills incorporated in future films,I still believe a weekly live action series would serve that purpose best.

But it's a cartoon!!!!

You're right - well that seals it. The fact that this form of Batman is drawn by hand rather than live action dismisses the idea that it is the definitive version of Batman or possibly could be.

Oh wait....

.............the comics of which all Batman lore originate from and the live action films spawn from are drawn by hand too and are not live action!!!
:wow:

Mind = Blown.

Yes, we definitely need the next Batman franchise to fully utilize the aspect of detective skills. We've seen it to some degree in all of the Burton films as well as every Nolan film, but not enough to make Batman seem like his comics counterpart.

You know, it just occurred to me that there exists a movie that does have, to a large extent, the detective and tactical aspects of Batman portrayed pretty well. The hero both investigates on several levels, discerns motivations and weaknesses, and creates plans to target such.

Its called "The Punisher" starring Thomas Jane.

People want to see "deduction".

They don't want detective skills or forensics or machines that anyone with a modicum of training can possess. They want to see the type of Holmsian observation and deduction, and photographic memory that sets Batman apart from other detectives.

They want to see the Sherlock Holmes/The Mentalist/Psych kind of Batman? Ehh, that's reaching. I don't really see that when I play Asylum/City or watch Batman:TAS.

Don't watch The Mentalist or Psych, so I have no idea.

Sherlock Holmes, yes.

TAS and Arkham Asylum have yet to present that Batman for the most part. Those were more puzzle-oriented.

I'm talking about the guy who can do what Sherlock does on SHERLOCK.

Not someone who uses forensics to trace trajectories, find matches, etc.

I'm not known of that kind of Batman that deduces then if it's something new that isn't on B:TAS as I'm not much of a comic reader.

I would add the talents on "Criminal Minds".

Actually, I think Guard is absolutely right about the type of deduction people want to see. One of Bill Finger's inspirations in helping to create Batman was sherlock holmes. Batman is essentially the superhero version of Sherlock Holmes. Yeah, Batman did detective work, but that work could've been done by any cop.

I'm not known of that kind of Batman that deduces then if it's something new that isn't on B:TAS as I'm not much of a comic reader.

That explains it. In the comics he makes all these brilliant observations and connections, and has an encyclopedia of knowledge in his brain to tie it all together. The more they've used the Batcomputer over the years, the less common this has become, because he looks stuff up more (which is realistic), but he still does it fairly often.

If only Jennifer Love Huge **** is cast as Bruce Wayne.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zelzela
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"