The Dark Knight Will TDK Show Off Batman's Detective Skills?

I think he will....if you look at the set visit uploaded on SHH! then you'll see that Batman has a more active involvement in the enforcement, and also seems to be getting smarter.

I think batman will try to uncover joker's identity and fail.

*captain obvious to the rescue*

thats probably whats going to happen imo. just cause it would be a great twist.

thats probably whats going to happen imo. just cause it would be a great twist.

I can picture it now...

Batman spends 1/2 the film trying to follow every shallow lead to figure out where this guy came from, and in the end ... nothing. He's a ghost. A mystery. A pure monster....

I like it :woot:

It's funny that a thread was made about this so long ago... and also shown in pics and other stuff that Mr. Wayne will indeed get a lot more into the whole detective thing:)

Can't wait for this movie!!! There's no comparrison!

I have faith that more of his detective skills will be shown for the simple fact that he is working so much more with Gordon and Dent in this. The SHH set visit to the bank vault was really giving the vibe that we'll see a lot more of his detective skills at work.

Well in the shh visit it says batman hooked up gordan with marked bills to catch the mob in there dirty work then im fairly certain something was said about him doing some D-work at hong kong then im sure its going to be some big cat chassing mouse with Bat's and Joker so yes there will be detective work in this movie

BB did a better job than any other batman movie or TV series showing Batman's detective work.

AHEM...Adam West would like to have a word with you...the TV show shows, to insane degree, how Bats could take a lame clue and figure out where the villains would strike next

I think the bank vault sequence is a good indication that we're going to see some good detective work from Batman in this film.

However...I have no idea how Nolan's going to make it look. Batman just standing there in a vault amidst cops? That and Batman standing and walking around in a brightly-lit room is a bit questionable in my opinion, but we'll see.

I hope there is a scene in TDK where Batman is sitting in front of video monitors with the Joker face on them, pondering who this creepy clown really is.

yeah it looks like Nolan has completely ditched the "only works in the dark" idea. Which is surprising but what the hell, lets see how it plays. Maybe it's a deliberate move to present Batman as more of a public figure or defacto cop and not so much of a bogeyman anymore.

yeah it looks like Nolan has completely ditched the "only works in the dark" idea. Which is surprising but what the hell, lets see how it plays. Maybe it's a deliberate move to present Batman as more of a public figure or defacto cop and not so much of a bogeyman anymore.

I don't know about you, but I absolutely LOATHE that idea.

^^^I don't. I think it's a very original approach to the character and can't wait to see how Nolan and Pfister pull it off.

I don't prefer it either. but considering how Batman's been presented in the GCN clips and the vault scene (working alongside Gordon in full view of other cops) it seems that's the route they've taken for him. So I'll prepare myself for being open to enjoy it. It's not like it's an invalid take either, in fact it's the most long-established version of Batman as opposed to the mythical bogeyman so we can't totally discredit it. I want to enjoy this movie even if there's a hundred things I would have done differently.

I don't prefer it either. but considering how Batman's been presented in the GCN clips and the vault scene (working alongside Gordon in full view of other cops) it seems that's the route they've taken for him. So I'll prepare myself for being open to enjoy it. It's not like it's an invalid take either, in fact it's the most long-established version of Batman as opposed to the mythical bogeyman so we can't totally discredit it. I want to enjoy this movie even if there's a hundred things I would have done differently.

that deserves a giant AMEN right there

In my opinion for as flawed as the film is, I do believe Batman Forever had a healthy display of Batman's detective skills. I really enjoyed the scenes with him figuring out Riddler's puzzles and of course him coming to the conclusion that Nygma was the Riddler.

As for The Dark Knight? It was already confirmed by Nolan and Bale that this film will showcase his detective skills as well. We already got a taste of it in Batman Begins when he was listening in on Crane's conversation with Rachel, him showing evidence of corrupt officials to Rachel, investigating the abandoned apartment complex with the drugs in the bears, and doing research on Gordon when he came back from his training.

I hope there is a scene in TDK where Batman is sitting in front of video monitors with the Joker face on them, pondering who this creepy clown really is.

Picture4-5.png

"I never lie" -- Superman, Superman: The Movie

Lois: "Hey, Clark, who's Superman?"

Clark: [shrugs]"Ah-u-ogh."

Off topic, but I had to do that.

I like batman being the "bogeyman." Wait I dont remember the SHH report saying that batman walks in the bank in broad daylight

I like batman being the "bogeyman."

Me too. Most of the time, but not all the time. If it works in this movie then that can only be a good thing. And I don't see how the plots with Dent, Joker or Engel could work if Batman wasn't acknowledged as a high-profile figure in Gotham City. Basically the whole movie hinges on it. It even breaks severely from comics canon by showing a clear picture of him in the newspaper where as up until very recently Batman in the comics (post IC) would never let himself be photographed.

Not sure if the bank scene is in broad daylight it's definitely going to be brightly lit inside. Batman walks into the vault and the female cops says to the other cops "can we get some privacy please" and they all walk out. that's what I'm talking about, you read that right?

The comics and the animated series basically forced Bats to be in the dark because everything just "happened" to take place at night. If this is a more realistic approach, if Joker does some **** in the morning, I would hope Bats would be there, you know?

I can picture it now...

Batman spends 1/2 the film trying to follow every shallow lead to figure out where this guy came from, and in the end ... nothing. He's a ghost. A mystery. A pure monster....

I like it :woot:

This sounds like an awesome idea. I hope it's in the film.

^^^I don't. I think it's a very original approach to the character and can't wait to see how Nolan and Pfister pull it off.

that's not avery original approach that's exactly how the character was portrayed for the most time of his fictional existence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"