The End of Dragon Ball the movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheVileOne

Eternal
Reaction score
http://www.filmjunk.com/2008/08/21/fox-considering-scrapping-dragonball-movie/

When it was first announced that a Dragonball movie was actually happening, a lot of people couldn’t comprehend how such an over-the-top, stylized animated series would possibly work in a live action setting. Then Stephen Chow came on board as a producer and suddenly it seemed like there might be hope. Of course, the movie was originally supposed to be ready for this summer, but Fox ended up pushing it back to April 2009. No official explanation was given, but some wondered if it might be the first sign of trouble. The fact that the movie also had no presence at the San Diego Comic Con only deepened suspicions.

This week we received word from an anonymous source that there may be some truth to this speculation after all. According to our tipster, the higher-ups at Fox are not too impressed the footage that has been shot thus far, and are seriously debating shutting the whole thing down. Now I have no idea if this is a real possibility or if the studio is just putting pressure on director James Wong to deliver, but the movie supposedly has a budget of over $100 million and I can understand them wanting to cut some losses while they still can. The thing is, if this is all true, it only makes me that much more interested to see the movie. If it it’s strange enough to scare the suits, it’s gotta be good, right? Are you looking forward to Dragonball?

None of this would surprise me if its true.

James Wong is a hack of a director. He's a terrible director. All of his movies are ****e. It does not surprise me at all that Fox hired an easily duped guy like him for this flick.

It has already been posted. LOCK this thread.

I see no reason not to have a separate thread to talk about this. Since we have a thread about Fox not hiring good directors.

This should be a lesson to Fox to no longer cheap out on movies, and to hire the right people. Maybe this movie will just break Fox, well that and if every movie they make next year bombs.

and this is why they're trying to do the same to Watchmen.

But really, either way, I'd like to see the finished product in a torrent or something.

Vile One, I thought you were smarter than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"