The Dark Knight The Evolving Map Thread

I'm floored too, but someone else said the Art of Batman Begins evidently had the whole map, but it was so small you couldn't read it. I'm just amazed at the detail. Plus the fact they saw fit to give us a hi-res digital version of it. Still looking for Wayne Manor and Gotham PD Headquarters. :)

AzBat

well Wayne Manor i would think is located somewhat outside Gotham isnt it?

I do love how they've mapped out the whole of Gotham - that's gotta take some effort - more than you'd find on most movies. You think they mapped out the entirety of Metropolis? Or Mega City One? Or even Los Angeles, 2019?

You can see from this shot of Begins that it exactly matches up, as well.

Gotham_City_Batman_Begins.jpg

That's what I love about Nolan - attention to detail.

I want to edit the gray parts with color so it is 100 percent perfect using the small version of the map in the ultimate guide... whats smarter... photoshop or ????????

Newest version of my map (still a work in progress).
thunderclap8 found this site, so I decided to host them there
I don’t know why I can’t get my higher rez pics on the site. I’ve e-mailed them and they should post the high rez pics at some point.
http://www.maplib.net/map.php?id=2093#
http://www.maplib.net/map.php?id=2094

The free account is limited to 4MB files(with 1000 daily page views) and the image can have a maximum size of 6,000x6,000. You'll probably need to upgrade to the Pro account for $35 a year. It ups the file size to 8mb(with 10,000 daily page views) and a 10,000x10,000 max picture size.

BTW, due to these limitations and the upload problems that Thunderclap8 has been having today, he had said he wanted to make his own Google Map API version. Haven't talked to him recently so I'm not sure what the status is though.

AzBat

My file is only 2.5MB, because the server "errors" won't allow me to upload more. I can get much better resolution with a full 4MB 6000x6000

Ahhh, that must be the problem that Thunderclap8 was talking about.

Hey, I saw the new color version you did. Freaking sweet! Great job! Can't wait for another chance to use the map in the viral campaign. :)

AzBat

I e-mailed maplib and they very nicely uploaded the full image for me:

http://maplib.net/map.php?id=2096

I added a grid label system of letters and numbers on the sides so we can refer to locations that way.

I'd still like to make my own version of this at some point due to the 1000 page view limit per day, but at least this'll do the job for now.

SilentType, yours looks must cooler than mine, with the color and custom icons. I'll gladly hand off responsibility for this to you if you like.

I want to make a poster of this some how

You can create your own marker icons. Go to you "My Pictures" and click "Upload Icons". You can choose whether or not to share with the rest of the site. Then when you add a marker just "Change Icon" then click on "My Icons" or "Shared Icons". BTW, SilentType's bat icon is shared with the whole site.

AzBat

I want to make a poster of this some how

I can do it. ;) I have access to a color plotter at work. It's a 42" HP 500. We use 36" roll of bond paper. I've been printing them at 36"x48". They look great! When the maps get to be final printing quality I'll be making another one for myself. I'll see if I can make some of these for other people, but I'm not sure what kind of charge. I know we charge $4 for 24"x36" B&W copies on our large format copier.

AzBat

I can do it. ;) I have access to a color plotter at work. It's a 42" HP 500. We use 36" roll of bond paper. I've been printing them at 36"x48". They look great! When the maps get to be final printing quality I'll be making another one for myself. I'll see if I can make some of these for other people, but I'm not sure what kind of charge. I know we charge $4 for 24"x36" B&W copies on our large format copier.

AzBat

i'd pay $4 for a Gotham map

i'd pay $4 for a Gotham map

I'm sure you would, but I don't think they will take that. ;) It's up to them, but $4 is what a 24"x36" B&W _copy_ would cost. It costs more to use a color plotter because of the more expensive ink. I'll find out what they'll charge, but I'll probably end up putting them on eBay for the seller protection when using PayPal. I'll post a reply when I find out.

AzBat

I don't care how much... ever since I saw the map at GCPD in Begins when bruce is little I've wanted one for my wall... hit me up with a price AzBat

can you hit me up with that hi-res file?

A quick question, are Sheal and Pettsburg supposed to be sections of Gotham itself or neighboring cities?

And thanks to everyone who has worked on putting these maps together, they are awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"