The Expanse

It's available to everyone really... if you know where to look! :cool:

Are you guys watching this? It's frelling amazing I tell ya :D

Oh **** I can’t believe I didn’t realize this was out today. There goes the rest of my night!

It's been amazing so far, I love the new intro for it.

"Don't stick your d*** in it; it's f****ed enough."
Seems like it will be such a useful phrase. :funny:

They have done a remarkable job of adapting and improving possibly my least favorite book from the series.especially Elvie's character who annoyed me in the books with her 'teenage crush' on Holden. Also loving that Amazon has finally given us a closer version of Chrisjen from the books with her cussing

So far the MVP of this season has been Amos,dude just has a way with words.

Knowing what's coming makes this season ****ing tragic to watch. Earth, Mars, and the OPA all had the clues to realize what Marcos was planning, but because they werent working closely together under the truce they couldnt put the clues together.

I’m on episode 3 and enjoying it again. I’m not sure whether I’d rather binge this, or watch an episode per week (currently binging).

I still stand by the outlook that this is one of the best modern (and possibly all time) six-fi shows to make it to the small screen.

Really wondering what the hell is going on with Mille though, and whether he’ll ever return.

loved that they finally introduced Marcos Inaros to the series, and actor who is playing him is doing a fantastic job of it

I found this season extremely bingeable as I basically watched it all in one sitting, lol. I’m not sure if the others were like that since I initially watched them week-to-week, but yeah, I certainly preferred this format and being able to watch it this way.

Only part I didn’t love was Bobbie’s subplot, but it got better towards the end and felt like this was necessary to set up something interesting for her next season, so I’m very much looking forward to that.

There were several moments that got me a bit unexpectedly emotional, and I enjoyed all the new characters, too, which is rare for me. So yeah, great season, imo, and as someone who hasn’t read the books, Marv’s spoiler has me scared (and excited!) for next season, lol.

On a random note, I loved uncensored Avasarala, and it seems like Shohreh did too. :funny:

It went too fast...I watched it all on the week end.
I know I should not binge watch but I do.
Edit : Roci rail gun upgrade :up: , it could have been useful in S02/3.

Last edited:
On a random note, I loved uncensored Avasarala, and it seems like Shohreh did too. :funny:

As I re-watched previous seasons, I can tell she cursed too in S01/2 and used the F word in S02/03, not often but she did.

Random thoughts, I like the character, the actress is fine but I find her voice grating as she over smoked or got a throat injury.
The trio Avasarala, Bobbie and Spy Guy was funny, great characters dynamic.

Did you noticed that her husband was upgraded ? The man playing him in S04 is more handsome.

I've got three episodes left which will be watched over the weekend before I turn my attention to the Witcher.

Edit: Anyone else sense that Naomi’s accent/voice fluctuates? Sometimes she seems to sound like a belter, and other times she sounds as though she’s from Earth or Mars.

Last edited:
I've got three episodes left which will be watched over the weekend before I turn my attention to the Witcher.

Edit: Anyone else sense that Naomi’s accent/voice fluctuates? Sometimes she seems to sound like a belter, and other times she sounds as though she’s from Earth or Mars.
I did not notice it myself but I have seen it mentioned that when she's talking to another belter she speaks a lot more like them.

As I re-watched previous seasons, I can tell she cursed too in S01/2 and used the F word in S02/03, not often but she did.
The official podcast for this show (The CHurn) mentioned this from time to time, and apparently it comes down to at what time the show was on air. If it was early evening that meant lesser/no swearing. I'm assuming the show has moved around a lot time-wise in the airing schedule.

I have two questions for you guys:
First off, the landing pad. I'm guessing it was just meant for safer/efficient landing/takeoff for the shuttles? Cuz it seems the living pods for RCE was delievered after the crashed shuttle right? They also attempted to land a shuttle afterwards so it would seem that the landing pad was not essential for bringing a shuttle down on the ground?

The protomolecule left on the ship. Did it serve as the connection between Holden and Proto-Miller? I'm guessing so since it did not seem to serve any other kind of purpose while being on the ship.

As a last note, how tense was that final moment between Amos and Wei? I can't believe he shot her and my heart seriously skipped a beat when he got shot by Murtry.

I have two questions for you guys:
First off, the landing pad. I'm guessing it was just meant for safer/efficient landing/takeoff for the shuttles? Cuz it seems the living pods for RCE was delievered after the crashed shuttle right? They also attempted to land a shuttle afterwards so it would seem that the landing pad was not essential for bringing a shuttle down on the ground?

The protomolecule left on the ship. Did it serve as the connection between Holden and Proto-Miller? I'm guessing so since it did not seem to serve any other kind of purpose while being on the ship.

As a last note, how tense was that final moment between Amos and Wei? I can't believe he shot her and my heart seriously skipped a beat when he got shot by Murtry.

Holden was talking to Miller on Earth so I think there was no real purpose for the Proto on the ship (a small cliffhanger that wasn't exploited) but what is nice about it, no loose end.
Amos is Amos.

Another solid season for the Expanse. Chrisjen's true colours are seemingly coming out now; just another partially corrupt politician. I really had hoped that Miller would somehow be restored by the end of this season too, and join the Rosi - along with Bobbie, but I guess that isn't to be, at least for the moment as Miller (or at least his consciousness) may still be alive somewhere.

The official podcast for this show (The CHurn) mentioned this from time to time, and apparently it comes down to at what time the show was on air. If it was early evening that meant lesser/no swearing. I'm assuming the show has moved around a lot time-wise in the airing schedule.

With the earlier seasons it depended on which version was being watched. The aired version was censored, but the version on streaming platforms was uncensored.

Holden was talking to Miller on Earth so I think there was no real purpose for the Proto on the ship (a small cliffhanger that wasn't exploited) but what is nice about it, no loose end.
Amos is Amos.

Thinking again about it (because rewatch)... @gohei_ you were right, it was a relay beacon or a small part of the whole where Proto-Miller can "hide"...when Holden was on Earth, the Roci was in orbite yes ? After removing the proto on the ship Holden does give Miller a farewell when he launches the rocket to destroy it.

Last edited:
With the earlier seasons it depended on which version was being watched. The aired version was censored, but the version on streaming platforms was uncensored.

I see :up:

Thinking again about it (because rewatch)... @gohei_ you were right, it was a relay beacon or a small part of the whole where Proto-Miller can "hide"...when Holden was on Earth, the Roci was in orbite yes ? After removing the proto on the ship Holden does give Miller a farewell when he launches the rocket to destroy it.

Yeah that's what I figured,that the PM on the ship served as a router, connecting to Holden.

By the way. The Nauvoo/Behemoth is now called Medina Station. I seem to remember there was an area on Ceres also called Medina (station). Do you figure there's a reason they share names or am I thinking about it too much?

I see :up:

Yeah that's what I figured,that the PM on the ship served as a router, connecting to Holden.

By the way. The Nauvoo/Behemoth is now called Medina Station. I seem to remember there was an area on Ceres also called Medina (station). Do you figure there's a reason they share names or am I thinking about it too much?

Yeah they rebranded the Behemoth in honor of the belters death in Medina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"