The Expanse

Oh wow, it's that sinking feeling in chart form.

Well as long as Amazon keeps renewing, I will happily go along for the ride.

Seems like they will have some kind of livestream next week, most likely a trailer and release date.

Finally managed to get through this. I actually had to take two runs at this, I originally watched I think the first 2 episodes but I do not think I actually payed attention and so I did not get into it and moved onto something else.

Picked it up again and enjoyed it, well except for the 4th season. That season just felt off.. Sort of like when they run out of material and try to go in a new direction or when the show goes under new creative control. (Reminded me of Travelers in that aspect)

Found myself more interested in Bobbie's story arc than anything else. Even though it felt like they did not know what to do so they gave her a plot that had really nothing much to do with the rest of the story. Almost like watching two different shows.

Did not like Naomi much in this season, maybe it had to do with the hair change lol (got back to my comment about season 4 feeling off ..)

Love Camina as always. Can do no harm in my eyes :)

Will watch season 5 to see if it gets better again.

So teaser/trailer next week. Can't wait, this is my favorite ongoing series. And it will only get better from hereon.

This season will be epic. Seriously got goosebumpswatching that.

Well this just ruined my Day. I would love to hear the reason for it, it makes no sense.

Why not if it ends decently. How many remaining books does the show has to cover ?
6 seasons is a fair run.

Well there goes one of the best science fiction shows of this generation.

I'm not surprised about Anvar; wasn't he in some hot water not so long ago? There's bound to be a bit of tension on set.

Well this just ruined my Day. I would love to hear the reason for it, it makes no sense.
It doesn't make any sense does it? Good ratings, plenty of story left to tell, and a solid fan base (of books and series). Now we're not going to get that visual ending, and I'm really not a reader.

Honestly I'm a bit bummed by this revelation.

6 seasons is a good run. Remember, this is an expensive show.
Funded by the richest man in the world. I thought the only reason it got saved was because Bezoz was a fan of the show so I'm surprised it won't go all the way.
Why not if it ends decently. How many remaining books does the show has to cover ?
6 seasons is a fair run.
There will be a total of 9 books, with several short stories (that have been sprinkled in with the main story in the show), and season 4 covered the fourth book I believe.

Well there goes one of the best science fiction shows of this generation.

I'm not surprised about Anvar; wasn't he in some hot water not so long ago? There's bound to be a bit of tension on set.

It doesn't make any sense does it? Good ratings, plenty of story left to tell, and a solid fan base (of books and series). Now we're not going to get that visual ending, and I'm really not a reader.

Honestly I'm a bit bummed by this revelation.
Yeah I think most people had a feeling that Cas wasn't gonna be around for much longer.

I was planning on reading the books once the show was over, so I guess I'm gonna get started on them sooner than expected.

You can all blame me. I started thinking about watching this for a while, so I guess I got it cancelled. From what I read there is a natural break at the end of the 6th book, so I am guessing that is why they are jumping off before dedicating themselves to 3 more seasons. Not great to hear one of the major actors on the show is a total creep.

If someone had to sum of the feel of this show from other sci-fi, what would you say this show is like? I am on the fence with getting invested and I am curious what it most feels like, so I can decide whether to just jump on in.

:csad::csad::csad:

I really thought they'd get to do the whole saga. I really hope they're somehow able to capture the spirit of the planned ending.

If someone had to sum of the feel of this show from other sci-fi, what would you say this show is like? I am on the fence with getting invested and I am curious what it most feels like, so I can decide whether to just jump on in.
For me it fills the BSG-shaped hole in my heart. One comparison I will make is that it's kinda like Game of Thrones in the way its story unfolds - introduces you to all these completely separate storylines on various different corners of the universe, and a large part of the joy is seeing those disparate parts start to collide and weave together in unexpected ways.

It's probably my 2nd favorite space show ever, so I'd say it's definitely worth jumping in.

I was wondering if it had some BSG to it. Especially as it seems to have a fanbase that fits the age group who would have watched that as it aired pretty well. The GoT part intrigues me.

What's your favorite space show FC?

I was wondering if it had some BSG to it. Especially as it seems to have a fanbase that fits the age group who would have watched that as it aired pretty well. The GoT part intrigues me.

What's your favorite space show FC?
BSG remains tops for me. Firefly and Farscape regularly battle it out for the 3rd place spot, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"