• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Expendables 2 - Part 2

Just saw it....

15avcl.jpg

So much better than the first film (which I also really liked). The cheekiness in 2 was much needed and it f***** delivered. I'd give it a 9/10.

Spoilers: So... Am I the only one who did't like it? I did't hate it. Something just did't connect with me. I thought the first one was better.
Some cool scenes but the whole "Did you get it...? It's from a movie someone did back in the 80s!" was too much for me.
Hemsworth was shoehorned in there... "Like me. Why? Because I'll die soon. I'm dying" No, s**t. Hope the third one's better.

and what the hell was with the opening sequence? Desert-Jungle-Mountain-River-We're on a plane.

Does anyone else thing Expendables 3 should be the last? I want to see some of the main characters die.

As every 80's pop culture action film...There are no trilogies...These films result in a Expendables 6

Next film should have Kurt Russell, Steven Segal if possible, Wesley Snipes, Mel Gibson, Christopher Lambert, Nick Nolte, Eddie Murphy

Just saw it....

15avcl.jpg

So much better than the first film (which I also really liked). The cheekiness in 2 was much needed and it f***** delivered. I'd give it a 9/10.

Seriously that was my reaction...My crowd had also alot of loud black teens in front of us who didnt bother me one bit for this film.

It deserves the howling, laughter and clapping throughout

Any idea why the lower debut? Most people seem to be agreement that this film is better i believe the reviews were better and the fan favorites got beefed up roles.

It also opened older as well. Did the word of mouth of the 1st one not do it any favors?

word of mouth will help this...Its August, everyone is away

This one is fun. The difference between this one and the first one is that this time around, the cast are totally in on the joke and pretty much embrace the 'cheesiness' of it all.

Not to say its a comedy or anything but...it's clear that they made it a point to have a helluva lot more fun this time around.

There are so many winks and nods to the fanbase by the cast that I couldn't help but smile through most of the film.
Easily. I didn't like the first at all. This is what the first movie should have been.
Thanks guys!! Looking at all these reviews, I guess I'll have to check it out after all.

what the hell was with the opening sequence? Desert-Jungle-Mountain-River-We're on a plane.

I think that was upsmanship on the part of Simon West. Expendables 2 starts better than some action movies end.

Any idea why the lower debut? Most people seem to be agreement that this film is better i believe the reviews were better and the fan favorites got beefed up roles.

It also opened older as well. Did the word of mouth of the 1st one not do it any favors?
The same reason Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban had the lowest opening of any HP movie despite being one of the most acclaimed - because it was tainted by lack of enthusiasm for the one that came before, and because Azkaban's own favorable reception gave its successor a boost.

So if this movie's as big an improvement as you all are saying, then the results will really show with the opening weekend of Expendables 3.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, #1 opening weekend for a rated R film doesn't sound too bad. On the plus side it helps that it garnered some great reviews.

As every 80's pop culture action film...There are no trilogies...These films result in a Expendables 6

Next film should have Kurt Russell, Steven Segal if possible, Wesley Snipes, Mel Gibson, Christopher Lambert, Nick Nolte, Eddie Murphy

I'd skip Lambert, Nolte and Murphy. Eh. I'd rather have Mr. T, Carl Weathers, Jackie Chan, Michael Biehn ... and Paul Hogan (Crocodile Dundee needs a cameo).

KBZ

How bloody was it? Any where near Rambo (4)?

Last edited:
People are geting blown to hell *all throughout* this film, and it isn't clean.

There was plenty of (cgi) blood and people getting blown to bits. There's even one point where the whole team riddles the same guy with bullets. I think Rambo 4 felt a bit more graphic/personal but there's plenty of bloodshed here to compete. Also the fights are brutal.

Actually I couldn't even imagine what the body count for this film would be.

Last edited:
Does anyone else thing Expendables 3 should be the last? I want to see some of the main characters die.

Heroes aren't supposed to die:csad:, they are supposed to sacrifice themselves for the greater good.:cwink:

I was surprised to find this one enjoyable since I thought the first one was boring mainly because of the talkie scenes with Stallone and Rourke.

I didn't think the fake CGI blood spurting out of the dead soldiers was necessary after all this is supposed to be comic book violence not Saving Private Ryan violence.
You kind of know that Liam Hemsworth's character is the red shirt of the team and the first to die since he told his backstory to make the audience [blackout]feel sympathy when he got killed[/blackout]

And I love all the inside jokes and Chuck Norris just randomly popping in every scene to save the teams butts.

One gripe only is what kind of a macho name is Barney for Stallone's character?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you can either:

a.) black-out the entire Liam Hemsworth line
or
b.) un-spoiler tag the entire post since you've already ruined part of the film for people who work all weekend and haven't had a chance to see it yet.

thanks.

And Barney is a fairly popular name and also form of Barnabas, which roots back thousands of years before the bloody dinosaur.

Saw it today. Would have liked to see Lundgren do more hand to hand. Helmsworth held his own and you felt for his character. Li was more of a cameo, wonder why.

The scene with Maggie and Barney was heartfelt in light of Stallone losing his son.

Trench should have had some of his own team.

In the next one, Couture and Crews should get their own showdowns with two bad guys. Bring in Eastwood, who maybe taught Barney how to shoot.

The overall action was better but i thought the fight scenes in the 1st one were actually better. Aside from jet's brief fight at the beginning the other fights weren't really much.

There are a bunch of lesser action stars who imo should die in the opening sequence of E3. Mostly DTV actors, Hulk Hogan as you mentioned, etc. Then you can focus on the bigger newer cast additions.

The boys are back in town...well...Albania to romp and stomp some baddies lead by Jean Vilain(short for villain ...get it? (Jean-Claude Van Damme)
who want to sell some old Cold War plutonium.With a cast this big some actors get very limited screen time,and sure some scenes and dialogue
are down right corny,and ugh some of the green screen work looks beyond cheap,but what got me into the theatre is the team up of Sylvester Stallone
Jason Statham,Jet Li,Dolph Lundgren,Chuck Norris,Terry Crews,Randy Couture,Liam Hemsworth,Jean-Claude Van Damme,Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger and
the bone crunchy, explosive action,laced with big doses of humor and i exited the theatre satisfied.
Scale of 1-10 an 8½

I think Hulk Hogan should be in the third film...That would be hilarious.

I thought EX2 was amazing and even better than the first. I have some minor quips kinda like I did with EX1 but overall it was awesome.

I wanted more JCVD, dammit!

Every scene with JCVD was pure awesomeness, no offense to Eric Roberts and the others (because it's mostly the story's fault) but this is a villain you can actually hate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"