The Expendables 2 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Collider 01/14/2011:
Jason Statham on the Possibility of CRANK 3 and the Status of THE EXPENDABLES 2
Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub said:
Have you heard about a sequel to The Expendables?

Statham:
Yes I have heard about a sequel and I’d be the first to say yes to a phone call from Sly. I mean, we spoke about it as soon as the movie started to do really well and he says, you know, it would be great to do this again, and if there’s anyone who can do a good sequel it’s Sly Stallone! He’s done a fair amount. Yeah, we had a good time. It’s something I’d like to repeat.

How far out do you plan for your career? Are you thinking, I’ve got films lined up all in 2011, I’ve got four things, or are you sort of like, I take one project at a time and that’s as far as I’m going to look?

Statham:
Sometimes you can get kind of chopped up with it. This is the first period in several years now that for the next few months I’m not doing anything. Normally come January the last three years, I’ve always had something in front of me. The trouble is, once you sign on to do a movie, there’s always an aspect of that, that you might miss something else, so.. The most I’ve had is a couple of movies in front of me, but now I’m just waiting for Stallone’s next film, The Expendables 2.

There’s been a lot of conjecture that, ‘it’s definitely going, that it might be going’…

Statham:
It’s more than likely, yeah. I’m very positive that it will be going.

Oh, so this is what you’re waiting on.

Statham
: Yes. Right now.

From Screen Rant:
Jean-Claude Van Damme Wants In On ‘The Expendables 2′

From Cinemablend:
Bruce Willis Confirms Involvement In Expendables 2
We still don’t exactly know what he’ll be doing in it, but Bruce Willis has confirmed that he’ll show up in The Expendables 2. The Hudson Hawk star had a brief cameo in the first Expendables and a few months ago Sylvester Stallone told everyone he wanted Willis to take on a bigger role for the sequel, possibly as what he described as a “super villain”.

Tonight at the Golden Globes, when Access Hollywood asked Willis if he’ll show up in the film, Bruce responded: “As far as I know, barring any unforeseen circumstances.” He didn’t however confirm whether he’ll just do another cameo or have a bigger part, let alone let slip whether he’s actually be a super villain. I’m pretty sure that if he does end up as the movie’s bad guy, he won’t be wearing a cape.

EX2PG13.jpg

I wonder if there'll be any R-rated reshoots? The fan outrage has been huge and there's plenty of time before August for any additional shoots to be done to lock down an R rating.

Wait they are going PG-13 for the sequel? I mean the first one was a pretty big success and was still an R.

The news that it's PG-13 has been all over the internet for the past couple of days. Apparently it was made with the intent of being PG-13 from the start.

Now I have to demand even more for a R rated Arnold movie. True Lies 2....

Maybe his next couple of movies he's signed on to will be R-rated.

Now I have to demand even more for a R rated Arnold movie. True Lies 2....

I SWEAR I read this and almost posted...

Forget True Lies 2, I want Terminator 3!!!

damn it

I wonder if there'll be any R-rated reshoots? The fan outrage has been huge and there's plenty of time before August for any additional shoots to be done to lock down an R rating.

I would think the studio would back the R rating, especially with the first one doing so well, and normally sequels are bigger than the first-so its not like they need to fight hard for an audience.

Considering so many fans are boycotting the film already and threatening not to see it in theaters, maybe the studio will agree after all to do some R-rated reshoots to ensure the movie will get an R rating. Making it PG-13 to reach a wider audience will just prove counter-productive.

Considering so many fans are boycotting the film already and threatening not to see it in theaters, maybe the studio will agree after all to do some R-rated reshoots to ensure the movie will get an R rating. Making it PG-13 to reach a wider audience will just prove counter-productive.

It goes from catering to a largely ignored audience to trying to compete with TDKR, Total Recall and Bourne Legacy. Good luck to them with that.

No one is going to boycott the film. It is something like over half a year away. All those whining now will still see it and most already admit it.

Ok boycotting is a little extreme.

I wish we could get an Expendables game, like an arcade release to Live and PSN. It could be a fps like blacklight tango, or something like a retro 2d scroller like Contra.

No one is going to boycott the film. It is something like over half a year away. All those whining now will still see it and most already admit it.

Many fans already are boycotting it all over the internet and threatening not to see it, some even as far as saying they'll pirate it. All because of the PG-13. This would be a disaster for the studio to risk losing so much because of the rating.

Many fans already are boycotting it all over the internet and threatening not to see it, some even as far as saying they'll pirate it. All because of the PG-13. This would be a disaster for the studio to risk losing so much because of the rating.

And it is all hot air. Just like all those who said they weren't going to watch the Transformer sequels. I must have been the only one who didn't go and watch the sequels. I did actually wait to rent them. The vast majority didn't.

The additional audience will outweigh those actually not seeing the films in theaters 10 fold.

People that are actually going to boycott this film will at most be about 1% of the audience for this film. Basically all the people that saw the first film, like it and would like to see this one, would barely even register that this will be PG13.

People that are actually going to boycott this film will at most be about 1% of the audience for this film. Basically all the people that saw the first film, like it and would like to see this one, would barely even register that this will be PG13.

Exactly.

And it is all hot air. Just like all those who said they weren't going to watch the Transformer sequels. I must have been the only one who didn't go and watch the sequels. I did actually wait to rent them. The vast majority didn't.

The additional audience will outweigh those actually not seeing the films in theaters 10 fold.

I've been true to my word. I've refused to pay for films that have ostracized me from their audience. And the grosses of The Losers and The A-Team show there's no market for this kind of film in PG-13.

I've been true to my word. I've refused to pay for films that have ostracized me from their audience. And the grosses of The Losers and The A-Team show there's no market for this kind of film in PG-13.

It will be nothing like the A-Team or The Losers.

Also Die Hard 4 proved with the right draw, you can gross plenty with a film like this. More then the first Expendables was able to make.

The main draw of the first movie was the cast, this will hold true for this movie also. Expect the same type of marketing of "every action start in one movie" etc.

What will it be then?

Like the first Expendables film. The Expendables is a bunch of old guys sitting around trying to be deep before killing a bunch of people while failing to be gritty. The sequel will be no different.

Have you watched the A-Team or the Losers? I have and the tone is completely different from the Expendables. Heck the style and tone of is pretty different between the A-Team and the Losers.

Like the first Expendables film. The Expendables is a bunch of old guys sitting around trying to be deep before killing a bunch of people while failing to be gritty. The sequel will be no different.

Have you watched the A-Team or the Losers? I have and the tone is completely different from the Expendables. Heck the style and tone of is pretty different between the A-Team and the Losers.

Style and tone =/= genre. They where all hyped as fun men on a mission movies.

I love how everyone start yelling Die Hard 4 until they're blue in the face, but conveniently ignore Terminator Salvation. Fat load of good making a Terminator movie with no violence did for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"