The Expendables 2 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first one was simply awful. This one looks fun in a "so bad, it's good" sort of way.

And we already had a joyful action hero flick this summer: The Avengers. It wasn't bloody or packed with 1980s has-beens, but I digress.

The Avengers isn't old school mindless action movie though. That's new school mindless action movie.

So the 3rd movie has already cast Nic Cage then? Well the 3rd one should also cast Mel Gibson for some more Bat**** crazy. I never saw Mels How I Spent My Summer Vacation, how was that film?

It was an amazing film. Definitely check it out.

Imagine if they could get

Snipes
TheRock
Cage
Travolta
Eastwood
Ford
Seagal
Connery (I can dream)

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiyit!

15avcl.jpg

My exact reaction. :woot:

I just found out about Cage. :awesome:

Just ordered my tickets today off fandango for the Saturday noon showing. Can't wait!!

My wife is a big Van Damme fan and myself a Arnie/Sly/Norris fan. We were hoping to see a Norris vs. Van Damme fight (We have an ongoing debate going on for a while now who is the better fighter lol), but looking at the previews I doubt it.

And someone earlier mentioned the idea of having Eastwood in Exp3 with Harrison Ford? That would be AWESOME!! :word: Wesley Snipes and Cage? Eh I can do without those two. Give me Gibson, Rock, Eastwood and Ford and we got ourselves an awesome action trilogy.

You need Snipes in there. He screams Expendables, just because of all the "direct to" **** he's done.

Not to mention his one of his best roles was in Demolition Man.

I want the rock in this so bad, especially since hes become a movie badass again. His faster character was awesome and so was hobbs. If austin can be in this so can rocky! what about michael jai white?

I'll take these has-beens over 90% of the garbage hollywood spews out today. I know you're just licking your chops for a Magic Mike sequel!!

I was one of the few who hate Magic Mike, so you're way off target. And just because I hate the first Expendables doesn't mean I won't give the second one a chance.

But thanks to you, I might skip this entirely. :whatever:

I want the rock in this so bad, especially since hes become a movie badass again. His faster character was awesome and so was hobbs. If austin can be in this so can rocky! what about michael jai white?

I think they just need to do a movie where Hobbs is actually going after Driver from Faster, with some other third party ending up being the true bad guy they have to team up against in the end. Jet Li and JCVD have done the dual roles before, so there's my justification.

I still think Faster is Rock's best movie so far.

And we already had a joyful action hero flick this summer: The Avengers. It wasn't bloody or packed with 1980s has-beens, but I digress.

Aww. Look at today's generation. Too cool for 80s legends who actually sweat for their muscles and status as action stars, but idolizing the CGI and strap-on muscle superheroes of today. Stellar.

Look, I'm a huge nerd (wouldn't be here if not), and The Avengers was incredible, perhaps one of my all time favorite movies, but that ensemble isn't even in the same league as this dream-team. For starters, the majority of average-joes who loved the movie had zero interest in Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Thor, and even Iron-Man, (with the exception of maybe the Hulk) before a string of average Marvel movies manufactured this interest. Meanwhile, the rest of us have always wanted to see these superhero characters together, but it's not like 10 years ago we were like: I need to see a movie with Chris Evans, Scarlett Johanson, Jeremy Renner, Liam Hemsworth, Robert Downey Jr and Mark Ruffalo. That list may look legendary now, but only because of the characters they play.

Meanwhile, the expendables is all about star power. Bruce, Arnie, and Sly in action together alone has been a dream for over two decades, not to mention JCVD, Norris, and the rest added to the fray.

For all the hoopla about The Avengers being a dream come true, this movie truly is an unbelievable ensemble of amazing action stars, not fictional characters, and a realization of a dream that seemed impossible.

I think you guys need to cool your jets. Just because a ton of action stars team up in one film, it doesn't make it awesome by default. It's a wet dream to be sure -- but let the final product speak for itself.

And for the record, I like 1980s action films. So don't call me out on that either.

I think you guys need to cool your jets. Just because a ton of action stars team up in one film, it doesn't make it awesome by default. It's a wet dream to be sure -- but let the final product speak for itself.

And for the record, I like 1980s action films. So don't call me out on that either.

No, it really does make it awesome by default.

Wait..3 is going to have Cage? YES!!!!!! Include Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel and it's a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"