The Expendables 2 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
mwv1g9.gif

:woot::woot::woot: CAGE AND FORD!!!!!!!????

I like the idea of seeing Eastwood in an action movie again. The dude's about to turn 100, but still seems like a badass to me.

If they get Ford, I want him to wear an old dusted fedora. These movies may be dumb, but the ensemble gets me. :up:

What's the beef?

Seagal literally started pulling cameo's in his "own" movies. So Lerner doesn't want to work with the guy anymore and Seagal doesn't want to put money in Lerner's pocket.

But, if Sly wanted Seagal for the 3rd film and he offers a role to Seagal which appears to be the case... money/ego still talk in this town.

You just won't catch Lerner/Seagal at the same buffet table between scenes.

I agree with most of that but there no way I have Norris who is easily one of the worst actors ever and Lundgren at the same level as Statham, Li, and JCVD

I think that's being a bit ridiculous... you have JCVD/Li as better "actors" than Lundgren?? Lundgren isn't Daniel Day Lewis, but he's had some decent efforts in roles like Men of War, Universal Soldier and Showdown in Little Tokyo... miles better than anything Norris has done.

I'm also seeing a lot of stuff mentioning Dolph has scene stealing stuff in EX2.

At some point, I'd also love to see Gibson in one of these. I know he's had his ... um ... issues in recent years, but he was always one of my favorite action stars.

At some point, I'd also love to see Gibson in one of these. I know he's had his ... um ... issues in recent years, but he was always one of my favorite action stars.

Same here. He's going to be in the next Machete which is cool.

Man...people nowadays have forgotten the joys of the action hero flick

The first one was simply awful. This one looks fun in a "so bad, it's good" sort of way.

And we already had a joyful action hero flick this summer: The Avengers. It wasn't bloody or packed with 1980s has-beens, but I digress.

Good movie washed the bad taste of Bourne Legacy out of my mouth.

Am I the only person more interested in Wesley Snipes being in EX3 than Clint and Ford? I totally have the scenario in my head, where Church recruits the team to break into a Serbian Gulag and rescue the mysterious PRISONER 57. I do hope Rourke comes back too. People forget the human element he added to the first, he was the only 'normal' guy in a sea of oddballs and wierdos.

Yeah I really loved Rourke&Sly's emotional scene and the"Tool"character itself seemed cool,I want his return in the third film and in action even IF the same amount as Willis&Arnold!!

I wonder IF they explain where he is in this film!?Like does Ross mention Tool went on a pvt solo mission or something?

I liked the 1st one but I didn't love it. This one seems like the movie that Expendables 1 should've been.

Not a problem for me; just have him play the characters secret twin brother in the 3rd film (hey, if there's any actor who they can get away with having a twin brother, it's Van Damme. :woot: - how many films did they do that for - about 5?). In fact, given that the Expendables kind of riffs on the actors known traits/past movies, I'd actually expect Jean Villain to have a twin brother.

As long as they call the character Luc-Alike Villain or something.

fine, he can die so long as he somehow comes back in the next one.

Is Simon West returning to direct part 3?

It is better than the first one because Van Damme is the villain. Van Damme > Eric freaking Roberts, sorry. I was amused his name was Jean Vilain.

Wasn't perfect but my nitpicks are minor at best. Nice old fashioned action movie with lots of awesome, classic moments.

I don't think Van Damme needs to come back. Just have another classic action movie guy get to do it.

Last edited:
Meh, keep Rock in the Fast movies. Don't want him in this.

Having Mr. Miley Cyrus in here was bad enough.

Having the Rock around would kill everyone else toughness factor. He actually looks and acts like a badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"