The Fantastic Four 2 - July 14, 2017

Rumour has it the working title is Fantastic Four 2: Electric Boogaloo

I don't think that would be the title but I hope the title is shorter compare to what they came up with for 2007's FF2. I thought the title was too long.

Fantastic Four: Annihilation
Fantastic Four: Subterrania
Fantastic Four: Galactus

Nice and short.

Rumour has it the working title is Fantastic Four 2: Electric Boogaloo

:lmao:

I wonder how many people around here are old enough and familiar enough with terrible movies to get that one.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this movie isn't going to happen.

Still think a sequel isn't in the cards. Moving up to June isn't a move of confidence, it's going to be eaten alive by the trifecta punch of The Lego Movie 2, Toy Story 4 and Despicable Me 3.

Now Disney can change the Toy Story 4 release date from June 16, 2017 - 2 - June 14, 2017 & murder The Faketastic Four. Even if the sequel never happens. it will still be a marvelous occasion murderous imagination

Last edited:
The sequel will never ever be made. This is a one-off rights grab; it'll get the job done and either make a slight profit (best case scenario) or be a slight let down (worst case scenario, since their budget was nothing). Either way, Fox gets to walk away with the FF still in their back pocket safe away from Marvel, that's all they really care about.

I think a lot of the comments here are funny since they're pre-trailer.

Post-trailer, FF1 will make money. There's interest. It's there. And from the sounds of it, it wasn't a hugely budgeted film, so it will make a decent profit.

Sequel is most likely happening. Just because 300 purists on an Internet site don't like it, that doesn't mean that millions of regular movie goers won't trump that opinion and flock to it. The X-Men franchise is living proof of that. That series is going on its 8th and 9th installments with the same continuity for 15 years, and it had little to do with most of the source material.

Fox knows what they're doing, and I like it. :word:

I think a lot of the comments here are funny since they're pre-trailer.

Post-trailer, FF1 will make money. There's interest. It's there. And from the sounds of it, it wasn't a hugely budgeted film, so it will make a decent profit.

Sequel is most likely happening. Just because 300 purists on an Internet site don't like it, that doesn't mean that millions of regular movie goers won't trump that opinion and flock to it. The X-Men franchise is living proof of that. That series is going on its 8th and 9th installments with the same continuity for 15 years, and it had little to do with most of the source material.

Fox knows what they're doing, and I like it. :word:

As do I :yay:

Fox is smart when it comes to business, sure they still make stinkers as of today (Taken 3, Lets Be Cops, Alvin and the Chipmunks) but I don't think they had a big box-office flop like John Carter, Green Lantern, 47 Ronin in the past 5 years. And with the critical acclaim that X-Men movies are getting and the success that the MCU films are getting at the box-office. I think they want their Fantastic Four to get some of those too. Even if the 1st movie doesn't perform that well, the sequel would still happen... I don't think they would want their effort for the reboot to be over with just 1 movie. They would at least try to make a sequel.

Even if they make the sequel there's no way they'll release it a week after Episode VIII hits theaters (and Guardians 2 will also still be playing in cinemas).

I'm not sure what other spot would be ideal. April up to July is already packed. August comes after Spidey. FF doesn't really strike me as a holiday season movie, and even if it was November is filled up, and Fox already has Croods 2 in December. And Fox doesn't really strike me as the kind of proactive out of the box thinker to try the more unorthodox months like January, February, October, and September.

June 9th now instead of June 2nd. Won't make much of a difference though.

Good move by Fox. I think them moving the date so fast to avoid Star Wars is an evidence that they really to release a sequel for the reboot.

swnRdgI.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"