The Flash The Flash Costume Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said this in another thread, but I honestly think this is one of the best live action superhero suits ever made. I don't have a single complaint about it. It is as perfectly modern and refreshing as it can get.

Yup, it looks like a modern costume a younger Barry who just got his powers would make.

For some reason, people except him to have the same old familiar costume right from the start. If purists made these shows, they would be boring and repetitive because they just want their ideal image over and over.

I rather have something new that has room for development. Better story that way.

Like I said before, I'm fine with it for the most part. Only wish it weren't so loose. I perfectly accept it as his first rough costume. But over time, it should evolve into the classic costume.

No it shouldn't. The classic costume is outdated and also needs to be reworked for live action.

The only things that need to be updated are the materials and textures. MOS's suit still looked 90% like the classic Superman suit, minus the trunks and added bits on his sleeve.

His classic costume is still perfectly acceptable and nowhere near outdated. It simply needs the MOS and ASM2 treatment. That is all.

Last edited:
90%? Mathematical!

If only they had a movie budget like MOS and ASM2...

Yeah, ok. I'm not gonna bother anymore.

wow, I found this other pic from the same artist, looks awesome!

4_by_patokali-d79x8lc.jpg
3_by_patokali-d79x8ik.jpg

More art from this artist here: http://patokali.deviantart.com/

These look awesome. If the biggest problem with it is the little designy stupid stuff going across the crotch I can live with that, small potatoes to the issues with the suit we got. These designs are very solid and look great compared to what we got, and they look pretty good in general. I'd want them to make the gold lightning trim on the waist/belt area connect (same for the forearm trim) and give him the proper ear pieces, but other than that you wouldn't hear a peep out of me if this is the suit we got.

Even as is I'd prefer it 100 times over to what we got.

These look awesome. If the biggest problem with it is the little designy stupid stuff going across the crotch I can live with that, small potatoes to the issues with the suit we got. These designs are very solid and look great compared to what we got, and they look pretty good in general. I'd want them to make the gold lightning trim on the waist/belt area connect (same for the forearm trim) and give him the proper ear pieces, but other than that you wouldn't hear a peep out of me if this is the suit we got.

Even as is I'd prefer it 100 times over to what we got.

BS, we all know you'd want the boots to be yellow.

It looks like they carved lines into his skin.

It's a horrible horrible suit, the carved crotch area, the bolts pointing to it like look at this.

BS, we all know you'd want the boots to be yellow.

Nope. Sure I'd prefer that but I've said over and over if they can't do them I'm okay with that....I just suggest adding lightning trim to the top of his boots like what he has on his forearms/waist if they're adamant about them not being gold. But even just red when the rest of the suit looks that good I could live with.

Last edited:
It's a horrible horrible suit, the carved crotch area, the bolts pointing to it like look at this.

He has the same lightning on the new suit just with a humongous belt buckle, and since the TV show and the mid 90s they gave him lightning trim that dip a down at the waist and looks like it's pointing to the crotch so what we have there isn't that far off.

On the whole that suit is a better design and it looks more solid and less busy than what we got which is why I prefer it. I don't see any zipper, jacket, belt buckle, stuff all over the legs and arms, it's got gold trim...looks more like The Flash to me. Oh yeah and the logo is right. :up:

THIS is the one to aspire to, though:

grant_gustin_the_flash_03_by_christopher_nico_by_orangeasgard-d6zua14.jpg

Now THAT'S a FLASH costume.

Last edited:
No it shouldn't. The classic costume is outdated and also needs to be reworked for live action.

images

The classic costume is perfect and just needs to be made out of cool materials like TASM2 suit is the classic Spidey suit but made out of cool materials. In fact the suit is so perfect it's barely went through any changes since its inception nearly 60 years ago. It's simplistic yet sleek and cool, a rarity from a design standpoint - you take away something and it looks to simple, you add something and it looks too busy, it's one of the few suits that is truly perfect the way it is.

The colors, the overall design - it's really great. And a lot of people who have worked on comics and cartoons and seen almost every costume design imaginable (many more than most of us will ever see) agree.

Last edited:
No such thing as perfect costumes. There are many viable looks.

The classic one is too simplistic for live action. It will have texture and more design if made for a movie.

Yup, it looks like a modern costume a younger Barry who just got his powers would make.

For some reason, people except him to have the same old familiar costume right from the start. If purists made these shows, they would be boring and repetitive because they just want their ideal image over and over.

I rather have something new that has room for development. Better story that way.

Well contrary to what your assumption might be, he didn't just wake up with the suit in the comics, he had to create it on his own so of course they should explore that. We shouldn't have to wait 10 seasons before he designs and puts on a simple yet sleek red and gold suit which we only get 20 seconds of in the series finale.

The classic one is too simplistic for live action. It will have texture and more design if made for a movie.

There are such things as perfect adaptations, such as the Spider-Man movie suits from Raimi and TASM2 (Silver Surfer, Incredible Hulk in Avengers, Iron Man's mark 3 and mark 1, Thor in the first film and Avengers). It's the comic book suit but just made out of cool materials/textures. Same could and should be done for Flash.

The only things that needs to be updated are the materials and textures. MOS's suit still looked 90% like the classic Superman suit, minus the trunks and added bits on his sleeve.

His classic costume is still perfectly acceptable and nowhere near outdated. It simply needs the MOS and ASM2 treatment. That is all.

:up: :up:

There are such things as perfect adaptations, such as the Spider-Man movie suits from Raimi and TASM2 (Silver Surfer, Incredible Hulk in Avengers, Iron Man's mark 3 and mark 1, Thor in the first film and Avengers). It's the comic book suit but just made out of cool materials/textures. Same could and should be done for Flash.

Nope. Those are merely costumes you like.

Since there are differences between the Raimi and TASM2 and you like both, neither is perfect. "Perfect" suggests a singular pinnacle.

The new version is too simplistic.:oldrazz:

Nope. Those are merely costumes you like.

Since there are differences between the Raimi and TASM2 and you like both, neither is perfect. "Perfect" suggests a singular pinnacle.

No, they're pretty much perfect as in identical to the comic book looks and made out of cool materials. Same costumes, both are made out of different materials, yet both have the perfect look from the comics and look cool and contemporary.

Oh, there's a documentary coming on that WB should watch:

[YT]o7MtfYoRvxo[/YT]

(FOX should watch it too for that matter)

I hope they're tuning in that night with a pad of paper and pen in hand.

"There are no 'secondtier', B and C list characters, our job is to make them all A-list characters" my God Kevin Feige has got it so right. This needs to be the motto/creed of DC/WB.

I'd support Disney/Marvel Studios buying DC if it meant we'd get faithful versions of all the characters in good movies. (The Winter Soldier is shaping up to be excellent, btw)

No, they're pretty much perfect as in identical to the comic book looks and made out of cool materials. Same costumes, both are made out of different materials, yet both have the perfect look from the comics and look cool and contemporary.

Oh, there's a documentary coming on that WB should watch:

[YT]o7MtfYoRvxo[/YT]

(FOX should watch it too for that matter)

I hope they're tuning in that night with a pad of paper and pen in hand.

Sure, you can personally define "perfect" as closely resembling the mainstream look.

But, that's not what perfect means because perfect is an abstract concept.

That is why people disagree with you. Your idea of perfect is not an absolute truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"