The Flash The Flash Season 5 episode 14: Cause and XS

The scene right after Cecile dies, she is running you see it. Those scenes are not her past failures it is a montage that makes it the 52.

Ok I thought she was just remembering everything and how everyone died because of her. But why didn't she just bring Cecile to Star Labs too and keep her there? Who else would Cicada get?

Because then it's like teachers being ill during their school break and ruining their vacation instead of during term time. :o

You're comparing getting married to being sick.

It would be a better comparison for marriage than getting married. :D

I'm sure cicada's dagger gives him above normal strength and abilities, the dagger is very much a part of him so the way i see it is whenever he has it in his possession or within his vicinity it enables his abilities/powers.

also whenever a meta gets close by the dagger dampens there powers, everyone keeps bringing up speedsters can't move fast enough to avoid the dagger....well NO, basically it's about how close you are to cicada/dagger so no matter how fast you go if you get too close your powers are dampened and no good, the only way the metas have had any luck is by catching him off guard, or hand 2 hand combat. Like when barry fought cicada in the warehouse but prior cicada had thrown his dagger at frost which was a fair distance from where him and barry were battling it out, frost at that point froze the dagger in mid air dampening its powers allowing barry to regain his and use his speed to easily beat up cicada...but once that dagger isn't affected anymore no more powers for the metas and therefore cicada will always have the advatange as long as he has the dagger.

wells from the future that nora keeps visiting, obviously has a plan, he's manipulated nora by using her emotions to convince her that if she helps him that he will make sure she grows up having a father and her dad doesn't vanish during her childhood.

my guess is if he keeps bringing up the dagger that it plays a role in how he executes his master plan. to me it seems he's trapped inside that glass cell, we haven't see wells outside of it or display and speedster powers...my guess he has none and somehow he's going to use the dagger to escape or regain his powers maybe? possibly figured out a way to use the daggers abilities/powers for his master plans.

The dagger dampens meta powers, so I wonder how Thrawn would be able to use it? He's just a meta like everyone else, and so is just as susceptible.

Ollie should be able to beat Cicada in hand to hand combat. I can understand Barry not being as capable, but don't tell me Ollie can't beat him in a non-powered fight.

And the dagger shouldn't be able to dampen Supergirl's powers at all. So how can he possibly beat or escape from her? She should also be able to move at super speed.

The dagger dampens meta powers, so I wonder how Thrawn would be able to use it? He's just a meta like everyone else, and so is just as susceptible.
Zoom was a meta, so the dagger might be able to stop his speed force wraith. Future Wells is paying close attention to a countdown timer, like Thawne did in Legends.

Ollie should be able to beat Cicada in hand to hand combat. I can understand Barry not being as capable, but don't tell me Ollie can't beat him in a non-powered fight.

And the dagger shouldn't be able to dampen Supergirl's powers at all. So how can he possibly beat or escape from her? She should also be able to move at super speed.

If we ever saw that I'm sure we would marvel at the inanity...

Why would employed actors get married during their seasons forcing limited storylines for their characters? They get much of April through July off. Have June weddings.
I would imagine actors and actresses (especially those associated with a show) get a salary for the year, depending on their contracted hours. Assuming those hours are filled, and they don't take advantage, I wouldn't think it out of order. Melissa has had time off from Supergirl to do her theatre stuff. Grant took some time off to get married. People hare real lives too.

also whenever a meta gets close by the dagger dampens there powers, everyone keeps bringing up speedsters can't move fast enough to avoid the dagger....well NO, basically it's about how close you are to cicada/dagger so no matter how fast you go if you get too close your powers are dampened and no good, the only way the metas have had any luck is by catching him off guard, or hand 2 hand combat. Like when barry fought cicada in the warehouse but prior cicada had thrown his dagger at frost which was a fair distance from where him and barry were battling it out, frost at that point froze the dagger in mid air dampening its powers allowing barry to regain his and use his speed to easily beat up cicada...but once that dagger isn't affected anymore no more powers for the metas and therefore cicada will always have the advatange as long as he has the dagger.
I do wonder how the dagger would react to a ranged meta. I know he's not about anymore, but lets say someone like Firestorm; he's a meta, and his powers are meta powers, but they don't require close contact. Firestorm can practically shoot fireballs and flames, but would those flames … extinguish upon coming into contact with Cicada?

Thawne is a smart one. If it is his intention to indeed use the dagger, I'm sure he'll have a means of doing so. There's more tech in the future, so he'd probably know of a way to siphon the daggers power or something.

Ollie should be able to beat Cicada in hand to hand combat. I can understand Barry not being as capable, but don't tell me Ollie can't beat him in a non-powered fight. And the dagger shouldn't be able to dampen Supergirl's powers at all. So how can he possibly beat or escape from her? She should also be able to move at super speed.
Both the Green Arrow and Supergirl should be able to defeat Cicada with ease, and if this was a small screen Justice League event, Cicada would be the worst villain for that reason alone. It does baffle me how it's clearly been stated that both Ollie & Kara tried to defeat Cicada, but couldn't - how on earth not? He's your average guy with a dagger and the ability to fly. He's not overly skilled in martial arts. Both Kara and Ollie should be able to run rings around him. Heck, even Killer Frost had the opportunity to take him down - and continues not too.

In short, Cicada is a poorly written villain by writers that probably know they've screwed up but need to meet network demands. There must've been a point during the writing of the season that the writers stopped writing, looked up at each other and one of them just said "guys, this antagonist is a joke, he's not even a threat" to which everyone agreed, only for them to realise that they were that far into the story that they couldn't backtrack.

The Flash show has had stronger and more troublesome single-episode villains than Cicada. I'm only watching at the moment because I want to see the Thawne payoff. Cicada does nothing for me as a character, threat or anything.

I would imagine actors and actresses (especially those associated with a show) get a salary for the year, depending on their contracted hours. Assuming those hours are filled, and they don't take advantage, I wouldn't think it out of order. Melissa has had time off from Supergirl to do her theatre stuff. Grant took some time off to get married. People hare real lives too.

I do wonder how the dagger would react to a ranged meta. I know he's not about anymore, but lets say someone like Firestorm; he's a meta, and his powers are meta powers, but they don't require close contact. Firestorm can practically shoot fireballs and flames, but would those flames … extinguish upon coming into contact with Cicada?

Thawne is a smart one. If it is his intention to indeed use the dagger, I'm sure he'll have a means of doing so. There's more tech in the future, so he'd probably know of a way to siphon the daggers power or something.

Both the Green Arrow and Supergirl should be able to defeat Cicada with ease, and if this was a small screen Justice League event, Cicada would be the worst villain for that reason alone. It does baffle me how it's clearly been stated that both Ollie & Kara tried to defeat Cicada, but couldn't - how on earth not? He's your average guy with a dagger and the ability to fly. He's not overly skilled in martial arts. Both Kara and Ollie should be able to run rings around him. Heck, even Killer Frost had the opportunity to take him down - and continues not too.

In short, Cicada is a poorly written villain by writers that probably know they've screwed up but need to meet network demands. There must've been a point during the writing of the season that the writers stopped writing, looked up at each other and one of them just said "guys, this antagonist is a joke, he's not even a threat" to which everyone agreed, only for them to realise that they were that far into the story that they couldn't backtrack.

The Flash show has had stronger and more troublesome single-episode villains than Cicada. I'm only watching at the moment because I want to see the Thawne payoff. Cicada does nothing for me as a character, threat or anything.

They could always say that Nora changing the timeline so much has resulted in Cicada not being much of a threat anymore. Why they never caught him is because they let him go out of mercy, not because they couldn't catch him.

They could always say that Nora changing the timeline so much has resulted in Cicada not being much of a threat anymore. Why they never caught him is because they let him go out of carelessness, not because they couldn't catch him.
Fixed. :D:

Well it looks like we get a 3 week break like every season. Its funny they draw the season out so long but leave in these god awful filler episodes. Theres no other way to add to the story? Or do the writers also know HOW BORING cicada is as a 'villain'

Well it looks like we get a 3 week break like every season. Its funny they draw the season out so long but leave in these god awful filler episodes. Theres no other way to add to the story? Or do the writers also know HOW BORING cicada is as a 'villain'
They probably realise, but it's too late now. They've invested too much into the character that they've needed to see it through. I'm sure they've had enough feedback to know that they've gone wrong here. It certainly says something about the main seasonal villain though when episode-centric villains pose more of a threat to the team, and to the city alike.

Is Flash not on this week or next?

Supergirl has fought villain of the week aliens who were bigger threats than Cicada. Heck, J'onn or even Alex would be able to take him down.

They really should have made him a half season big bad

Supergirl has fought villain of the week aliens who were bigger threats than Cicada. Heck, J'onn or even Alex would be able to take him down.

Or just a villain of the week. :o

I bet even Jimmy Olsen could take him down as Guardian.

I really thought they said Cicada wouldn't last the whole season. But at this point it seems they either changed their minds, they were lying, or they'll be wrapping his story up in the next few episodes.

And yet, Nora said Supergirl tried, and somehow failed. I don't understand that either. It's been said before, but I'll say it again. Oliver should be able to deal with Cicada all by himself. Heck, Renee (Wilddog) would probably manage to take him down given half the chance.

I really thought they said Cicada wouldn't last the whole season. But at this point it seems they either changed their minds, they were lying, or they'll be wrapping his story up in the next few episodes.
Cicada isn't going to be dealt with by episode 15, we at least know that much, and there's only 23 episodes per season. We're already well over half way.

Either [the writers] meant that Cicada wouldn't be the only main villain this season (the other being Thawne) or they got their tongue tied. It's possible that they'll wrap Cicada up around episode 18/19, and then have four episodes on Thawne, and somehow that's their distinction when they say "not a season-long villain". Somehow though, I suspect both Thawne and Cicada are going to feature (heavily) in that last episode.

I learnt a long time ago to take what the show producers say with a pinch of salt.

Because......this show is called The Flash? What's the point of naming it that and not have the Flash defeat the main villain. I didn't sign up for the Killer Frost, the vibe, the Elongated Man, the XS, or Team Flash show. I signed up for The Flash. This needs to be about Barry again. Its time to let the other metas go. Get a new formula

I DISAGREE, I DON'T THINK THE OTHER METAS NEED TO GO. JUST LIKE THE OTHER DC SHOW THEY ALL HAVE TEAMS.
ARROW, THE FLASH, DC LEGENDS OF TOMORROW, AND BLACK LIGHTING ALL HAVE TEAMS, THATS WHAT MAKES THE CROSSOVER EPISODE SO GREAT!!!

Even with the team, it's still the Flash's show. All these characters (or most of) exist in one form or another in the comics, and they help Barry here just as they do there. I don't mind if every now and then one of the others makes a take-down, cause to have Barry doing it all the time would get pretty boring.

Even with the team, it's still the Flash's show. All these characters (or most of) exist in one form or another in the comics, and they help Barry here just as they do there. I don't mind if every now and then one of the others makes a take-down, cause to have Barry doing it all the time would get pretty boring.

Except only Elongated Man is associated with Barry in the comics. Vibe and Killer Frost have nothing to do with Barry in the comics. I'm not even sure he knows them or met them in the comics.

Comic Barry doesn't have a team help him. He can hande things on his own. Having a team full of metas takes away from Barry being the main hero. I didn't sign up to see a Barry get constantly nerf. I didn't sign up to see the fastest man alive not being able to stop slow moving metas of the week. I didn't sign up to see Barry constantly ask what to do. I didn't sign up for non speedsters to know more about the speedforce than Barry himself. I didn't sign up for any of this.

I know tv shows based on comics, will not do it word from word. However, I'm not a fan of changing so many things. I'll always keep saying it, but the addition of a team was the worst decision.

ARROW, THE FLASH, DC LEGENDS OF TOMORROW, AND BLACK LIGHTING ALL HAVE TEAMS, THATS WHAT MAKES THE CROSSOVER EPISODE SO GREAT!!!
These ginormous teams are what makes crossovers so bad. Only good ones were the initial Flash/Arrow ones and Elseworlds. Rest were bloated fillers. The whole using-teams-to-pad-23-seasons isn't working. Get rid of the teams and have 10-12 ep seasons. Because it's pathetically obvious they don't have the writing for more than that.

Except only Elongated Man is associated with Barry in the comics. Vibe and Killer Frost have nothing to do with Barry in the comics. I'm not even sure he knows them or met them in the comics.

Comic Barry doesn't have a team help him. He can hande things on his own. Having a team full of metas takes away from Barry being the main hero. I didn't sign up to see a Barry get constantly nerf. I didn't sign up to see the fastest man alive not being able to stop slow moving metas of the week. I didn't sign up to see Barry constantly ask what to do. I didn't sign up for non speedsters to know more about the speedforce than Barry himself. I didn't sign up for any of this.

I know tv shows based on comics, will not do it word from word. However, I'm not a fan of changing so many things. I'll always keep saying it, but the addition of a team was the worst decision.

Okay.

Does anyone know how fast Barry can go as of now? Mach 1? Mach 2? Some of you brought up good points how they water Barry down. The flash shouldnt be so easily beaten all the time by non speedsters

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"