The Flash season 3 episode 21 "Cause and Effect"

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by KillerMcQueen, Apr 22, 2017.

?

Rate "Cause and Effect"

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Why didn't Team Flash just ask Killer Frost to freeze the building that was on fire? That would've stopped it. She wanted to restore Barry's memories, so her main priority wasn't him trying to save people. If she just helped, they could've gotten back to the task more quickly.

I hope that Caitlin and Killer Frost's personalities merge next season so that she can be both while remaining a hero. Cisco even mentioned the Star Trek episode "The Enemy Within", although that was in relation to Barry and his evil twin. But what if something similar could be done with Caitlin so that they aren't effectively split personalities? Then she could become Frost whenever she needs to, and maybe she becomes more sexy and sassy when she transforms (like She-Hulk) but she is still good.

2. mqg96 Registered

Killer Frost only wanted to restore Barry's memories so Savitar could get his memories back. Killer Frost's expertise in bio-chem/engineering was the only solution to getting Barry's memories back. The team knew that. That's how big of a loss Caitlin is. Also, Killer Frost is a villain, she is no hero. She'd totally refuse to help the team do heroic stuff. We could see in 3x21 how Caitlin is still deep down inside beneath that cold heart of her's (which is why I've stated many times that Killer Frost is just Caitlin's negative emotions she's suppressed, eliminating all her positive emotions)

3. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

Now if they went this way I could definitely see some fun stuff going down.

4. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Well that would be the best of both worlds, and the best solution. Danielle says that she's been having so much fun as Killer Frost, but I'm sure she'd miss playing Caitlin. But if she could be both and still a hero, but when she turns into Frost she's more forward and sassy, then she could get to keep both and not lose either character. I would miss kind-hearted Caitlin if she just became a villain. But if she could be both, she could potentially be the most fun character in the show.

5. zenith16 Registered

it's what the animated writers would do and the good ( know how craft a better story and explanation) have of the writers still in the comic's that have shown her with firestorm/ Ronnie (who's in the role of professor stein) that she's in a relation ship with which she found he's her cure (for her just needing a certain type for her heat vampirism ).

So yeah this can work

6. Thome216 Registered

That would be awesome!! I like KF, but I would LOVE Cait Frost!!

#81 Thome216, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
  7. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Not only would I be fine with that, its what they damn well should have done in the first place.

8. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

Right, even more than she already is. People will have a reason to watch the show and enjoy it again. This is what I call, "good drama." Not soapy, saccharine-like tropes the writers have forced on us with the damsel in distress standing around waiting for her fate. Not many care, more will respond to saving a selfless person like Caitlin's soul than saving a selfish woman who wanted Barry not to be The Flash and has lied to his feeble, amnesiac mind in a time of distress.

I'm also anxious to see a suit-less Savitar have a scene with Killer Frost. They barely teased that moment in the sizzle trailer. That could be fun and exciting.

#83 Avenging Angel, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
  9. Mike Murdock Registered

Julian could. Certainly, attorneys can and I'd imagine police officers would be able to considering other things they can bring in.

I was livid when I thought this was the second to last episode of the season. There are some good moments, but it feels like a waste.

10. Eni Registered

Hm, was finally able to catch up on the episode and I actually liked Barry without his memories, it was a nice chafe to see him just as a nice, friendly fellow who isn't brooding and depressed for once. Unfortunately, that is also the reason why I ended up really not liking this episode. It reminds me all too glaringly of how Barry usually is behaving these days, a sad guy who thinks he needs tragedy to help others. It's such a stark contrast to who the Flash actually is, and how the writers go for the easy broody Bruce Wayne version like with Oliver because depressed heroes with tragic pasts who carry the weight of the world on their shoulders are cool.
    The cast is till too crowded, the thing with Barry having to be a witness in court comes out of the blue without built up and was extremely convenient and silly.
    I actually sympathized with Iris here, I can see why she wanted Barry to be happy and not be brought down by all the Caro the writers throw at him - pity the writers can't do so too. I miss first season Flash, this episode really reminded me of how much I prefer that Barry over the depressed version we got now.
    Also, this episode made it glaringly obvious that the rules of time travelling are horrid in this show, they really don't give a fxxx about making sense there.
    All in all an meh episode.

11. Thome216 Registered

This!

12. CLARKY Registered

I had this feeling too. Yeah.