The Flash The Flash season 3 episode 21 "Cause and Effect"

KillerMcQueen

Superhero
Reaction score
THE FLASH
S3-E21 "CAUSE AND EFFECT"

DRASTIC TIMES CALL FOR DRASTIC MEASURES – Barry takes drastic measures to stop Savitar. Meanwhile, H.R. continues to push Tracy Brand (guest star Anne Dudek) to design the trap for Savitar, and Killer Frost returns with an interesting proposal.

David McWhirter directed the episode written by Judalina Neira & Lauren Certo.
Original airdate 5/9/2017.

C-2kVvMXoAEs17k.jpg

TV PROMO
[YT]wAjuDPKi9so[/YT]

Last edited:
Instead of erasing his memory, or suppressing it, Team Flash should deliberately make plans without Barry's knowledge. That way, Barry would never be in on these plans and would therefore not be able to remember them to be one step ahead of everyone.

Future Flash couldn't, for example, be one step ahead of the events currently going on in Arrow or Supergirl, because he hasn't experienced them for himself. So if he doesn't experience or isn't present at any of Team Flash's plans, then he won't know and remember what happened and won't be able to use it to his advantage.

I have a theory on why Killer Frost might be proposing the team.

It looks like the team is trying to get into Barry's brain to find information about Savitar's origin story, and this causes Barry to lose his memories. Or maybe this also creates a paradox to mess with Future Barry/Savitar's mind. However, the team is gonna have trouble getting Barry's memories back and there's no solution for it. You know what I think Killer Frost's proposal is? Caitlin with her medical expertise is the only solution for Barry's memories to be restored, so Killer Frost makes an offer that "I'll do this for you, if you do this for me!" Maybe this is the only way Killer Frost earns Savitar's trust back or something. I think this will be the true test of the "one shall betray you" prophecy.

Why is your theory in spoilers? It's just a theory and not even what might necessarily happen.

Anyway, "one shall betray you" might refer just as easily to Barry himself as the traitor.

What if Savitar doesn't tell Barry how he came to be but decides to keep it a secret so that Barry can't try to take preventative measures to stop this happening in the future?

So he's a time remnant, to an extent. Barry created him everytime he went back in time dicking around.

Cisco saying he hates spin-offs.

Okay, I did like that line.

I hate it when they do these things, be consistent a little...like evil Barry wouldn't have been affected that quickly.

I know it wasn't intentional, but the idea of going into Barry's mind like that reminded me of that Justice League Unlimited episode "Great Brain Robbery" where Wally and Luthor switch minds.

[YT]qPefOfu2TIU[/YT]

Surprised it effected Savitar as well(as least this soon). Too bad Killer Frost is probably going to fix Savitar, or whenever Cisco fixes Barry first.

Why would they allow a laptop in a court room?

I wonder how Killer Frost is planning on remedying this whole situation.

And there goes Iris again ****ing up the plan. You're hot, but you be in the way, baby girl.

I think STAR Labs might have worse security than Arkham Asylum.

I know I have to keep my mind in check and not really think about things "realistically" but....shouldn't the entire present be changing now? It took a hot second for Wally to lose his powers due to Savitar never granting them to him, so what happened to the entire first half of the season?

That was a dumb statement even for Iris.

ff3ek0.jpg

It's like they couldn't come up with a way to keep this storyline going until the finale so they did a major side step and put the story on pause for a week.

Caitlin only doesn't love Julian because she hates anyone from House Slytherin.

I know I have to keep my mind in check and not really think about things "realistically" but....shouldn't the entire present be changing now? It took a hot second for Wally to lose his powers due to Savitar never granting them to him, so what happened to the entire first half of the season?

The whole idea of Wally even losing his powers in the first place if Barry loses his memories is just confusing and odd.

Wasn't a bad episode, but this season is really kinda starting to drag and it's probably my favorite show.

Really hope they change some things up next season.

Savitar has just been a weak big bad compared to Reverse Flash and even Zoom.

Liked the Bart Allen nod, the DBZ reference and things like that. Really thought Cisco was gonna use the memory thing on Caitlin and have that be the reason she reverts back.

Wasn't a bad episode, but this season is really kinda starting to drag and it's probably my favorite show.

Really hope they change some things up next season.

Savitar has just been a weak big bad compared to Reverse Flash and even Zoom.

Liked the Bart Allen nod, the DBZ reference and things like that. Really thought Cisco was gonna use the memory thing on Caitlin and have that be the reason she reverts back.

Agreed. I like the idea behind Savitar and Tobin Bell doing the voice and hell, even his design. He looks badass. But the execution has been lacking and he doesn't have the same presence that Reverse Flash and Zoom had. Both gave you no shortage of "oh ****" moments. Savitar hasn't really ever done that.

I think the writers ran out of ideas

Seems that way when they resort to cause and effect situations like tonight.

So how long before Wally revers to annoying again ?

When did he ever stop being annoying?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"