The Flash The Flash Season 5, Episode 6 - “The Icicle Cometh”

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
CAITLIN LEARNS SOMETHING NEW ABOUT HER FATHER — Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker), Barry (Grant Gustin) and Cisco (Carlos Valdes) learn something new about Caitlin’s father (guest star Kyle Secor). Meanwhile, Iris (Candice Patton) and Sherloque (Tom Cavanagh) follow a clue about Cicada (Chris Klein). Chris Peppe directed the episode written by Kristen Kim & Joshua V. Gilbert (#506). Original airdate 11/20/2018.

They're really ramping up the Batman and Gotham City references. I wonder if that always would've been in the cards as these shows progressed or if it's more so to build up anticipation for seeing Gotham City in the Arrowverse. Though looks like we've now got a Victor Fries out there at the same time we have one currently on Gotham.

I must say, seeing Barry, Cisco, and Caitlin head into that snowstorm makes me wish that Snart was still around. He probably would've loved this mission.

after 3 seasons the Killer Frost mystery has been solved! So she isnt a regular meta human like everybody else

Well damn now I want Icicle Jr. to show up from another Earth and be Caitlins brother. She finally also got a decent wig aswell.

This almost felt like an episode of Smallvile

Cicada has been lackluster as hell. They really need to step up their game with him.

Frost is back baby!! And looking cold as ever! (as opposed to hot...)

Also caught the Freeze name drop! Pretty cool, and hopefully some foreshadowing is going on. I really wish they would pace their shows better though, so the climax doesn't come off so rushed. I would have liked Caitlyn to struggle a little more to get Frost back out again, but I am still happy.

I really hope they incorporate Frost deeper into Caitlyn, such as her having conversations with Frost that don't include anyone else. Her suddenly laughing at something or responding to someone who apparently is not 'there' could be humorous. I would also like Frost to interact with the others through Cailtyn without having to do the whole make-up change. Just her eyes and voice changing to show that Frost is constantly there.

Up until this episode her origin was a mystery in terms of how she got her powers if she wasn’t affected by the particle accelerator.

We don’t get too many scenes with Ralph and Cecilia.

They’re getting ready for the Elseworlds crossover with Mr Freeze reference.

Yeah, Devoe was always better when he was in his original body. That was a good actor.

Wow a Victor Fries namedrop! which is a nice little foreshadowing to the Elseworld crossover and I'm actually glad to see Killer Frost. I like that everyone got something to do by splitting up and they're actually getting results because of it. I actually like Icicle and it's clear that he's going to be Killer Frost "arch nemesis". I do wonder if we will get a Icicle Jr on the show as he could be from another Earth or Icicle's secret child. It's interesting that Eobard Thawne knew about Caitlin's father and I wonder if he was aware that Caitlin potentially had powers. Nice to to Iris and Nora bonding which was sweet to watch. Anyway good episode

Looks like they hired someone with some IG-level skills to help with that Killer Frost wig.

I was not expecting Icicle to just fly away. :funny:

I was kinda hoping for some more ice puns with this episode.

Makes me wonder when Frost is going to be able to fly.

Well good to see Killer Frost back. But if they don't want to keep calling her that if she's not a villain anymore, then how about calling her something that sounds phonetically similar?

Maybe Chiller Frost.

And Sherloque is as annoying as ever. He barely even seems a real character now.

Are Icicle and Killer Frost related in the comics?

Will admit not the best episode of the series but I liked how everyone had there own little mission that converged at the end.

Starting off with Cicada actually getting hurt was a smart touch, finally a meta who wasn't scared of him and was willing to throw down that t-1000 chick was sick. Plus we understand why this doc keeps wanting to help him.

Ralph and Cecile doing the detective work to finding Cicada's daughter was actually pretty funny if Cecile becomes more or a player this season I hope they keep pairing her with Ralph they seem to have good chemistry.

Flash, Barry and Caitlin finding her dad was fun although you knew something was off pretty much from the get go and I liked that Cisco called Barry on having his head in the clouds and not looking at things from a CSI point of view.

Sherloque Iris and Nora tracking leads probably the weakest of the three stories but I still liked how Wells helps to make them closer.

Finale of the episode was great getting Frost back, Danielle is a beautiful woman anyway but with that hair I was like

Overall 7/10 Jumps to a 8.5/10 for the Killer Frost return

Well good to see Killer Frost back. But if they don't want to keep calling her that if she's not a villain anymore, then how about calling her something that sounds phonetically similar?
Frosty?

I had a few issues with this weeks Flash. I thought the actor who played Caitlin’s father was awful and I’ve enjoyed Chris Klein’s take as Cicada so far but he was far too over the top in his delivery this week. I blame the director for that though.

Other than those I enjoyed the episode enough I guess. Looking forward to Cicada’s origin next week.

I had a few issues with this weeks Flash. I thought the actor who played Caitlin’s father was awful and I’ve enjoyed Chris Klein’s take as Cicada so far but he was far too over the top in his delivery this week. I blame the director for that though.

Other than those I enjoyed the episode enough I guess. Looking forward to Cicada’s origin next week.

What did you not like about Kyle Secor? He normally plays these statesmen type figures in various dramas. He was the First Gentleman (do you call it that?) to Gina Davis's POTUS in the ABC series "Commander in Chief." He's been in other things as well playing similar types of roles. I admit it's a bit odd to see him play a super villain now, but still, he's okay to me.

What did you not like about Kyle Secor? He normally plays these statesmen type figures in various dramas. He was the First Gentleman (do you call it that?) to Gina Davis's POTUS in the ABC series "Commander in Chief." He's been in other things as well playing similar types of roles. I admit it's a bit odd to see him play a super villain now, but still, he's okay to me.

He was fine as her Dad in the more human scenes but when he was Icicle it just didn’t work. His delivery just seemed really off, almost like he was reading.

He was fine as her Dad in the more human scenes but when he was Icicle it just didn’t work. His delivery just seemed really off, almost like he was reading.
I felt the same in a lot of it. I also didn't really connect with their relationship much. I was thinking and said to my brother and mom that it could've generated more hype if they got someone like James Marsters for her dad. Or someone who had a more pointed face.

I felt the same in a lot of it. I also didn't really connect with their relationship much. I was thinking and said to my brother and mom that it could've generated more hype if they got someone like James Marsters for her dad. Or someone who had a more pointed face.

Getting James Marsters would've given the game away as soon as they met him. You'd immediately think he was a villain. Kyle Secor is normally known for playing good guys.

If they didn't call it "The Icicle Cometh" and hadn't revealed he was Icicle in this episode but let them have their happy reunion for a few episodes, then they would've seemed to have connected more.

Perhaps he could have only had his incident where he passed out in a later episode. Did he fake that btw? Why would he really pass out and be overcome with this ice disease if it was really Icicle all along? I'm guessing he did fake that attack?

The fake attack was a good way to get Caitlyn onto the path of creating a 'cure' for him, without him broaching the subject. It also further engendered her sympathy and protectiveness, which would be one of the reasons why she reacted so strongly against someone (Cisco) claiming her father wasn't telling them the truth.

My biggest takeaway... Now I want to see Frost fly!

Kinda cool they introduced Razorsharp to the Arrowverse. Sucks that they killed her almost immediately.

Kinda cool they introduced Razorsharp to the Arrowverse. Sucks that they killed her almost immediately.

I was digging her! She looked like she would have been a real quirky character. However, there was too much of a T-1000 vibe from her, as well as that scene in the Battle Angel trailer, with the cyborg and the razor arms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"