The Flash The Flash Season 1 Episode 19: Who is Harrison Wells

I think it'd be easier to air Arrow first in the week, then this. They seem to lean that route in the storytelling aspects...

Sometimes it gets messy and weird with these shows back-to-back.

This episode was okay. I geeked out, when Barry found well's secret room. Next week episode looks great. I wanna see wells wearing the reverse flash costume a lot more now. Cisco reminds me of Michelangelo from the ninja turtles

He's always naming things.

Grant's comedy has uncreased greatly, the moment he sits on the knitting needles, him being slapped awake, and his gag about 'a morphing human' was great of him.

I think it'd be easier to air Arrow first in the week, then this. They seem to lean that route in the storytelling aspects...

For the 8th episodes of Flash and season 3 of Arrow the current airing schedule fits well.
I think they did good scheduling.

The only one that seemed out of place was that Ray/Cisco scene on Arrow should have aired before Ray's Flash appearance.

How come Cisco seemed to have stopped having his flashbacks to the other timeline this week?

You'd think Wells would have a silent alarm if anyone accessed his secret room to alert him, even if he is at home.

I wonder if they'll encounter a meta human who could bring the real Harrison Wells back to life and reintegrate him with the memories and experiences Thawne stole.

Grant's comedy has uncreased greatly, the moment he sits on the knitting needles, him being slapped awake, and his gag about 'a morphing human' was great of him.

He's a pretty good actor, honestly.

The only two things that didn't make sense was:

1. How that woman on the street didn't even react to being touched by the Meta-Human.

2. I know that the show has to downplay Barry's powers at times due to how strong a human speedster would be in real life, but I think they went overboard with Barry's fight against the Everyman. In no way should the Everyman have been able to dodge or even counter against Barry's punches when he was in his "Flash" form.

How come Cisco seemed to have stopped having his flashbacks to the other timeline this week?

You'd think Wells would have a silent alarm if anyone accessed his secret room to alert him, even if he is at home.

I wonder if they'll encounter a meta human who could bring the real Harrison Wells back to life and reintegrate him with the memories and experiences Thawne stole.

It appears that everyone on the show has taken stupid pills.

The only other thing I can think of is that Wells left the access to the room open. Maybe he wants them to find the room.

I am still confused about the true end game here for Reverse Flash. I mean, I get it, he eventually wants a dead Barry Allen, but I still don't quite understand the why of it.

Why did Caitlin flinch when the real Barry touched her on the shoulder after he had returned to Starlabs? It's like she was reacting to Everyman, as if either she thought Barry was still him, or that Caitlin was Everyman. It was an odd reaction.

Why did Caitlin flinch when the real Barry touched her on the shoulder after he had returned to Starlabs? It's like she was reacting to Everyman, as if either she thought Barry was still him, or that Caitlin was Everyman. It was an odd reaction.

Because she kissed "Barry" back. She's jumpy because she is feeling an unwelcome attraction to him.

Plus, she was kind of forced into that kiss...even though it's Barry, and not Everyman-Barry, she might still be wary.

Not one of the best episodes, Wells is smarter than that, they found his secret room too easily, hopefully this is not the start of dumbing down Wells so Team Flash can beat him, but I won't be surprised if it is the case. At least the episode moved the story forward and Laurel finally has the Canary Cry, about time!

I just put Barry's mistakes down to him being a naive rookie mostly on this show. Barry isn't trained in combat or tactics. Barry is a science nerd who sees the best in everyone which can make him a bit too trusting.

That excuse is not going to work next season, they have to be more creative instead of dumbing down Barry every time is convenient to the plot. If he can beat the Weather Wizard in two seconds, then he should be able to do the same with anyone, specially non-powered villains.

I was a little confused about why Iris went to STAR labs though. Is it publicly known that STAR labs has now assumed responsibility for locating/fighting meta-humans? Or is that something that only Iris knows because of her connection to Barry. I'm surprised that a private company undertaking law enforcement hasn't been publicly debated or at least questioned by Captain Singh.

The producers have done a very poor job on how Star Labs treats its prisoners and the ethical issues it raises, but apparently they will at least show how they're being tended to before the season is over:

If you’ve been wondering who in S.T.A.R. Labs takes care of the metahumans stuck in the prison, you’ll get your answer! It’s been a running joke on set with the cast, who mentioned an unseen and unmentioned character named Gunther, who may not be the best at his job. It’s a question Martin also had, who said he’s been wondering, “Who cleans this place up?!” “An answer is coming,” Gustin assured. Added Kreisberg, “You actually see a scene of how they’re being tended to.”

http://www.etonline.com/tv/161154_the_flash_18_big_teases_for_the_rest_of_season_1/

They should've done it already, but better late than never I guess.

Because she kissed "Barry" back. She's jumpy because she is feeling an unwelcome attraction to him.

Plus, she was kind of forced into that kiss...even though it's Barry, and not Everyman-Barry, she might still be wary.

She was nervous when real Barry touched her shoulder, that's a normal reaction.

How was she forced? She seemed to be kissing him (fake Barry) back so I don't see that as being forced. She thought it was really Barry and then did the face palm when Wells revealed he wasn't left handed. Things are awkward for her but I wouldn't say she was forced to do anything.

That excuse is not going to work next season, they have to be more creative instead of dumbing down Barry every time is convenient to the plot. If he can beat the Weather Wizard in two seconds, then he should be able to do the same with anyone, specially non-powered villains.

Then each episode will be over in 3 minutes.

If it weren't for Caitlin's destiny in becoming Killer Frost someday, along with being currently engaged to Ronnie, I would have assumed that they were prepping Caitlin to have some sort of future romance with Barry because there have been hints throughout the season that she is attracted to him, without a doubt, in my honest opinion.

Well, it is the CW. a Barry/ Caitlin hookup is probably coming after they deal with where Ronnie is going to be. Flash guest star or team show.

Anyone think, now that Barry has seen that newspaper from the future, that he will confess to the team that he actually went back into the past and is living in an altered timeline? Or will he obey Wells's warning from before not to give any information away that might tamper with history?

But why should he listen to Wells when he might not even have been telling Barry for the good of mankind but only in his own self interest?

Since they might figure out that Wells is a person from the future and has already tampered with the timeline, Barry should just reveal to the team (minus Eddie) what happened with Weather Wizard and Iris.

Detective Eddie Thawne

Eobard Thawne

Yeah I didn't make this connection until this episode... And I'm usually better than this...

It appears that everyone on the show has taken stupid pills.

The only other thing I can think of is that Wells left the access to the room open. Maybe he wants them to find the room.

I am still confused about the true end game here for Reverse Flash. I mean, I get it, he eventually wants a dead Barry Allen, but I still don't quite understand the why of it.

I'm not actually sure that that's the case. His initial goal was a dead Barry, but while that failed, he did learn something that I don't think he already knew: No Flash equals no Speed Force equals no Reverse Flash.

I actually think that now that he knows that a dead Barry means no speed for Eobard he's looking into alternative solutions, such as stealing the speed for himself (which seemed to be the implication in the early episode with the power leecher when he took his blood). My assumption is that Wells/Thawne's goal is no longer to kill Barry, but simply to get his powers back. Barry's safe until Wells/Thawne figures out a way to kill Barry without severing his own connection to the Speed Force.

Oh, I know that much. But I still think the eventual end game is to kill Barry. I'll be interested to see if they give RF an actual reason to kill Barry, or if he's just a creepy stalker guy who loves and yet loathes The Flash all at once.

And I don't get why the RF would go into the past to kill Barry in the first place. Wouldn't that completely change the future? Whatever. I guess it's better not to think too much about it. :p

This was my favorite Flash episode so far I think. No forced comedy, the villain wasn't cheesy like many that came before, the storyline was interesting and none of the characters really got short changed. Iris was actually bearable and Cisco was slightly less annoying than he usually is. He's still one of the most annoying characters in the history of Television for me but he was almost tolerable in this episode.

Caitlin should be the female lead, I know she's supposed to become a villain and she's probably never going to be with Barry but she's just the best actress on the show by far. Her and Barry are great together. I'm not big into the romance thing, I normally couldn't care less but they just work together and I find their scenes more interesting. Probably because Cisco and Iris suck so the less of them the better for me, but also because Barry and Caitlin just feel more natural on screen together, they work well off each other and seem like real characters instead of scripted ones.

Really good episode, hope to see more like it. The comedy was more organic, the tension was more organic, the character interaction was more organic, the storyline was interesting. It was just a very balanced episode that felt more natural than alot of the previous episodes.

Detective Eddie Thawne

Eobard Thawne

Yeah I didn't make this connection until this episode... And I'm usually better than this...

Actually I thought Eobard and Eddie were the same person, though it makes me wonder was Eobard the first Reverse-Flash?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"