Sequels The Future of the "Cure"?

ToriL90

Reaction score
I've been thinking - the "cure" thing shouldn't just end with everybody getting their powers back. I mean, how much testing was done regarding that thing before they released it to the public? It's not like anybody really cared enough about mutants to make sure they had a safe product before making it available to them. All they wanted to do was get rid of mutants, whether it be by cure or death.

What if, maybe in the 5th movie or something, the "cure" begins to create some harmful side effects? It could initially appear in mutants who took the cure (not all of them, though), but eventually show itself to be contagious and infect those who didn't take the cure. At this point, it would take on the name of "The Legacy Virus".

Thoughts?

I agree, the leacy virus would be the perfect story line for future films, it would make perfect sense since we saw the cure isn't temporary after all, that it was a virus to get kill mutants.:word:

I think the legacy virus would work in a future film.

But I don't really want it coming from the cure, I could see some scientist maybe sinister combine it was some other chemical or blood type of some other mutant that when they combined they would create the virus.

I think it would be cool to show it be a side effect of sinisters genetic manipulation of maybe jean's dna and leaches.

X-Men: Legacy/X5
Narration by Professor X.- Evolution: a change or as scientists have theorized, a shift living organisms undergo over many generations to suite their environment. One might ask why mutants have evolved above their counter parts man; or even contemplate what we are evolving to? Either way the true answer only lies within our Legacy; our as we have come to know it, our evolution.
Synopsis
All over the news controversy raises as the emergence of a mutant epidemic spreads. A leading geneticist Dr. Nathaniel Essex has deemed the outbreak “The Legacy virus” one in which only mutants can inherit; but when it is revealed that this isn’t a new mutant epidemic, but “the cure” itself progressing to a deadlier state. The X-Men must make their move; to protect their Legacy; which will only end in losses.

I thought it would be a good idea if the cure wouldn't be permanent to mutants that are class 3 or higher and when these mutants start to get their powers back they become very ill some resulting in deaths. Rogue would become sick and be taken to to Muir Island where she is under the care of Dr. Moira Mactaggert and Dr. Carol Danvers. One night doing rounds a weak Rogue accidently grabs onto Carol they both pass out while still touching each other and buy the time everything is done Rogue has Carols powers as well as her Psyche. It changes things a bit but still similar to the comics.

I don't really think it would be a good idea for Rogue to take Ms. Marvel's powers in the movies. It just doesn't seem to fit that character. I think she does need to start being more aggressive with her own powers, but that's another topic alltogether. ;)

I'm still fiddling around with my X5 storyline (heck, I'm still fiddling around with X4, lol.). I'm thinking that about half of the people who took the cure should come down with the Legacy Virus. The other half - including Rogue, Magneto, and Mystique - will have a very mild version of it that goes away quickly and leaves the mutant immune to the virus. Cure patients who get the full-blown illness - called the "Legacy Effect", because it's not yet known to be a virus and instead thought to be a reaction to the Cure - will include a few unknown characters, Illyana Rasputin (Colossus' sister, who will die from it), and Nightcrawler (who will recover). Eventually, non-cured mutants will come down with the virus, and Hank and Moira will discover that it's a virus that can be spread. I haven't decided yet if it should be easy to spread, like a cold; or if it should be something more difficult to spread, like an STD or something. Anyway, the most important non-cured character to get the Legacy Virus would be Pyro (in keeping with the comics).

I'm also trying to figure out how Rogue and Bobby fit into the storyline, given their ties to Pyro in X1 and especially X2. I'm thinking that the virus should move a lot more quickly than in the comics, and quickly leave Pyro bedridden (sp?). Bobby and Rogue will visit him a lot, because they were so close.

In one scene when Pyro's alone with Rogue, he asks her to touch him and kill him, because he can't take the pain and discomfort of the Legacy Virus. She refuses, but he gets her to promise that when he dies, she'll take his powers so he "lives on" in some way. She figures she probably won't even be around when he dies, so she just promised to make him feel better.

Pyro dies a few days later, but is revived by Hank and Moira. When he wakes up, he tells Bobby that he doesn't want to be revived the next time he dies.

When Bobby and Rogue are visiting him together, he dies. Rogue, remembering her promise, grabs his arm. Bobby is about to get Hank, but Rogue convinces him not to. Bobby is appalled by her taking Pyro's powers while he's dying, but she tells him that it's what Pyro wanted. Bobby just stares in shock, until Rogue falls to the floor crying. Bobby runs over to her, takes her hand off of Pyro (it sort of sticks; and when he takes it off, both Pyro's arm and Rogue's hand are bloody), and they hold each other while they both cry.

This creates for Rogue something similar to the comic book storyline where she absorbed Sunfire's powers. Obviously, Sunfire and Pyro have some differences in powers, but they also overlap in parts (such as shooting flames, and the movie version of Pyro could be immune to fire). The powers would eventually fade, though.

I don't really think it would be a good idea for Rogue to take Ms. Marvel's powers in the movies. It just doesn't seem to fit that character. I think she does need to start being more aggressive with her own powers, but that's another topic alltogether. ;)

I'm still fiddling around with my X5 storyline (heck, I'm still fiddling around with X4, lol.). I'm thinking that about half of the people who took the cure should come down with the Legacy Virus. The other half - including Rogue, Magneto, and Mystique - will have a very mild version of it that goes away quickly and leaves the mutant immune to the virus. Cure patients who get the full-blown illness - called the "Legacy Effect", because it's not yet known to be a virus and instead thought to be a reaction to the Cure - will include a few unknown characters, Illyana Rasputin (Colossus' sister, who will die from it), and Nightcrawler (who will recover). Eventually, non-cured mutants will come down with the virus, and Hank and Moira will discover that it's a virus that can be spread. I haven't decided yet if it should be easy to spread, like a cold; or if it should be something more difficult to spread, like an STD or something. Anyway, the most important non-cured character to get the Legacy Virus would be Pyro (in keeping with the comics).

I'm also trying to figure out how Rogue and Bobby fit into the storyline, given their ties to Pyro in X1 and especially X2. I'm thinking that the virus should move a lot more quickly than in the comics, and quickly leave Pyro bedridden (sp?). Bobby and Rogue will visit him a lot, because they were so close.

In one scene when Pyro's alone with Rogue, he asks her to touch him and kill him, because he can't take the pain and discomfort of the Legacy Virus. She refuses, but he gets her to promise that when he dies, she'll take his powers so he "lives on" in some way. She figures she probably won't even be around when he dies, so she just promised to make him feel better.

Pyro dies a few days later, but is revived by Hank and Moira. When he wakes up, he tells Bobby that he doesn't want to be revived the next time he dies.

When Bobby and Rogue are visiting him together, he dies. Rogue, remembering her promise, grabs his arm. Bobby is about to get Hank, but Rogue convinces him not to. Bobby is appalled by her taking Pyro's powers while he's dying, but she tells him that it's what Pyro wanted. Bobby just stares in shock, until Rogue falls to the floor crying. Bobby runs over to her, takes her hand off of Pyro (it sort of sticks; and when he takes it off, both Pyro's arm and Rogue's hand are bloody), and they hold each other while they both cry.

This creates for Rogue something similar to the comic book storyline where she absorbed Sunfire's powers. Obviously, Sunfire and Pyro have some differences in powers, but they also overlap in parts (such as shooting flames, and the movie version of Pyro could be immune to fire). The powers would eventually fade, though.

I had an idea where I thought they should bring in quicksilver and the scarlet witch and go a little out of character and bring in their mother, I know she died in the comics, and was human, but my idea consisted of her having the strength and flight, as a side effect of the birth of twin mutants, and have her running another branch of the brotherhood out of louisanna. And mystique trick rogue into stealing her abilities so she can shapechange into her. eventually leading to her handing over leadership to herself, so mystique could drop the disguise, then could claim their mother was killed by humans to make the twins hate humans even more.

I had an idea where I thought they should bring in quicksilver and the scarlet witch and go a little out of character and bring in their mother, I know she died in the comics, and was human, but my idea consisted of her having the strength and flight, as a side effect of the birth of twin mutants, and have her running another branch of the brotherhood out of louisanna. And mystique trick rogue into stealing her abilities so she can shapechange into her. eventually leading to her handing over leadership to herself, so mystique could drop the disguise, then could claim their mother was killed by humans to make the twins hate humans even more.
I definitely think they should bring Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch into X4. I've been writing mine with mostly the traditional storyline: their mother got killed, they have no idea Magneto's their father and he also has no clue. He saves them from an angry mob who attacked them when Scarlet lost control of her powers. They, indebted to him, join the Brotherhood, although they are disgusted with the Brotherhood's purpose. Magneto exercises some physical and a lot of emotional abuse to keep Scarlet and Quicksilver from leaving (making them feel inadequate to survive on their own).

Like in the comics, Scarlet has to put up with the romantic interest of a guy she's not interested. Since there's no Mastmind in my script, I've given that job to Pyro, only there's one difference: he's really serious about her.

Pyro looks to Magneto for some girl advice, and learns about a time when Magneto was married. He married Magda, a human, immediately upon escaping Auschwitz. Of course, Magda's parents "raised her better" than to marry a mutant, but she was a rebellious teen and they were in love. They had a little girl, Anya, who was the subject of much scorn because of her "mixed" parents. In fact, Anya had to be privately tutored because she couldn't be out of supervision. Shortly after Anya was born, Magneto and his Brotherhood began engaging in the villianous activities we know them for. Things he couldn't discuss with anybody - not even his wife. Soon, they grew distant in every way. Well, except in the bedroom. :cwink: Magneto makes an off-hand comment about that, adding that they made love the night before she left (which is when Magda became pregnant, unbeknownst to him). One day, little Anya snuck out of the house because she was sick of being kept inside, and wound up being beaten to death by a gang of humans (a slight deviation from the comic storyline). Magneto, in a rage, swore he'd kill every human on earth, then proceeded to kill every human in the vicinity. Magda, afraid for her life, fled from Magneto, never seeing him again.

Pyro also learns in an earlier conversation with Scarlet that her mother was a human and her father was a powerful mutant, though Scarlet's step-parents died before telling her anything more.

Tori, I really love those ideas as well as the ones you posted in the X-Men 4 possibilities thread. :up:

Wish it would happen that way. :sigh:

I definitely think they should bring Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch into X4. I've been writing mine with mostly the traditional storyline: their mother got killed, they have no idea Magneto's their father and he also has no clue. He saves them from an angry mob who attacked them when Scarlet lost control of her powers. They, indebted to him, join the Brotherhood, although they are disgusted with the Brotherhood's purpose. Magneto exercises some physical and a lot of emotional abuse to keep Scarlet and Quicksilver from leaving (making them feel inadequate to survive on their own).

Like in the comics, Scarlet has to put up with the romantic interest of a guy she's not interested. Since there's no Mastmind in my script, I've given that job to Pyro, only there's one difference: he's really serious about her.

Pyro looks to Magneto for some girl advice, and learns about a time when Magneto was married. He married Magda, a human, immediately upon escaping Auschwitz. Of course, Magda's parents "raised her better" than to marry a mutant, but she was a rebellious teen and they were in love. They had a little girl, Anya, who was the subject of much scorn because of her "mixed" parents. In fact, Anya had to be privately tutored because she couldn't be out of supervision. Shortly after Anya was born, Magneto and his Brotherhood began engaging in the villianous activities we know them for. Things he couldn't discuss with anybody - not even his wife. Soon, they grew distant in every way. Well, except in the bedroom. :cwink: Magneto makes an off-hand comment about that, adding that they made love the night before she left (which is when Magda became pregnant, unbeknownst to him). One day, little Anya snuck out of the house because she was sick of being kept inside, and wound up being beaten to death by a gang of humans (a slight deviation from the comic storyline). Magneto, in a rage, swore he'd kill every human on earth, then proceeded to kill every human in the vicinity. Magda, afraid for her life, fled from Magneto, never seeing him again.

Pyro also learns in an earlier conversation with Scarlet that her mother was a human and her father was a powerful mutant, though Scarlet's step-parents died before telling her anything more.

Why do I have a feeling that if Fox had Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in an X-Men movie they wouldn't even have them be related to each other or to Magneto.

I agree. I don't think they would be Mags' children, if they were related to him at all. :/

I can't imagine that, if they gave Scarlet and/or Quicksilver any level of character development, they wouldn't have them be related. The question is, would either of their characters be developed, or would they just be thrown in for a little extra mutant muscle? In my script, Quicksilver has some character development, but Scarlet has a high level of character development.

Just watched last stand again, and have to say much more enjoyable the second go round (hated the first time, but don't know why now?). Anyway, afterwards i thought the same thing, the cure becomes the Legacy virus. I agree with the above poster that mentions Sinister as someone that may tamper with it.

i think the cure should turn out to ware of after a while and let that be the end of that. But it would still be cool if they keep the cure plot going. No matter what happens though rogue and magneto have to get their powers back.

...The cure should probably ware off depending on how powerful a mutant was or whatever...

I wanted the story to be set pretty soon after the events of X-Men The Last Stand...days maybe weeks...

IDK...I still wanna see Haven as a potential villain in a film. I think she was interesting in the comics...or the fetus inside her gave her interesting powers. (healing to telepathy to dimensional portals)...On film...don't mention the fetus thing and make her a mutant...I would have her healing mutants of the "cure"...and recruiting them and normal humans to her cause...the theory of a new humanity that would be the result of humans and mutants evolving into a single race. I would also keep her true intentions similar to the comics...she would bring about this change by destroying three-quarters of the world in a Mahapralaya, or Great Destruction, as foretold in her Hindu teachings...

Her team of followers would include:
-Wolfsbane (Keeping with a storyline in X-Factor...she did "heal" Wolfsbane in the comic...altering her powers...she'd be with the Dark Riders)
-Monsoon (Her Brother...who would be like her bodyguard)
-Mesmero (He would use his powers to hypnotize people into believing in Haven's cause)
-Gamemaster (He would use his powers to find and connect to others for Haven's cause)
-Destiny (She would use her powers to foresee any problems with their plans...etc.)
-Scribe (I'm not sure if her powers were ever revealed...but I would put them along the lines of what mutanthigh.com thought they might be...(She may have been able to mentally record the proceedings of the Hellfire Club onto some device that she kept with her.)...except in wouldn't be for the Hellfire Club it would be for Haven and her plans.)
-The Dark Riders-(Barrage, Deadbolt, Foxbat, Gauntlet, Harddrive, Lifeforce, Psynapse, Spyne, Tusk)...they would be the muscle...the henchman...I would not use the entire group...I'm trying to decide which Dark Riders would work better...

Thats sorta the a part...

....the b story would introduce Vulcan...Jean would be dead...so I would have Moira MacTaggert reveal who Vulcan is and that he escaped from her Muir Island Facility and his abilities are very powerful and uncontrollable...(I'm still trying to find a way to explain how they found him)...I would have him sense Cyclops death, he would know Cyclops was his brother...but nobody except the Professor and Moira knew of him and what he may be capable of. I would have him trying to find the mansion to pay respects to the brother he never knew...but get captured by Haven and co. along the way. This portion is sorta where Gamemaster comes in...his powers have him connected to all beings on the planet...Vulcan's emotions, rage, and power would call to Gamemaster...Haven promises to heal him of his pain his uncontrollable power...Mesmero manipulates him using Scribe as a fake love interest to control him to there side...Haven would use Vulcan to trigger her Great Destruction upon the World.

...A few other key things...
-Haven finds and heals/resurrects Cyclops...he becomes a member (because of Mesmero) of the Dark Riders and is a key to further manipulate Vulcan (he becomes a member too)...
-I don't know about a cameo size part but...I have two versions...one where Magneto and Mystique go to Haven and are healed and join her and one where they have a small role just waiting to be healed by her...(in the larger role...because of Mesmero they would also become her followers...)
-Goddess VS Goddess (Haven vs. Storm)
-A new X-Men team would be introduced...there would be the field team then the new team which would be like a team in training...members would include Jubilee, Siryn, Hellion, The Stepford Cuckoos, Northstar, and Gambit (w/ Banshee as a mentor). Since they were chosen to be the training squad, they all would be the "cool" kids at the school. Banshee of course would be older, but the others would be around Iceman and Rogue's age. Banshee would also be a former student returning to help the school out after the Professor's death...plus he can help train his daughter.

I'm still working on it...

If their is a X4 Apocalypse should be in it, while bein a asleep for a 1000 yrs he has been keepin tabs on the world and is outrage by the cure, which he turns in2 the Legacy Virus with the help of Siniser...he recruits the help of former mutants Magneto n Mystique n he offers them a chance 2 b wut they were..unknown the power he gives them brainwashes them n makes then stronger and has his 1st 2 horsemen...

X-team would be Storm, Colossus, Kitty, Rogue(cure def. not permanent), Iceman, Gambit(past wit Siniser revealed), Angel(4th horsemen)

Allies would be Moira, and the return of Prof. Xavier...i would make cycke a horsemen but death is a part of life

...The cure should probably ware off depending on how powerful a mutant was or whatever...

I wanted the story to be set pretty soon after the events of X-Men The Last Stand...days maybe weeks...

IDK...I still wanna see Haven as a potential villain in a film. I think she was interesting in the comics...or the fetus inside her gave her interesting powers. (healing to telepathy to dimensional portals)...On film...don't mention the fetus thing and make her a mutant...I would have her healing mutants of the "cure"...and recruiting them and normal humans to her cause...the theory of a new humanity that would be the result of humans and mutants evolving into a single race. I would also keep her true intentions similar to the comics...she would bring about this change by destroying three-quarters of the world in a Mahapralaya, or Great Destruction, as foretold in her Hindu teachings...

Her team of followers would include:
-Wolfsbane (Keeping with a storyline in X-Factor...she did "heal" Wolfsbane in the comic...altering her powers...she'd be with the Dark Riders)
-Monsoon (Her Brother...who would be like her bodyguard)
-Mesmero (He would use his powers to hypnotize people into believing in Haven's cause)
-Gamemaster (He would use his powers to find and connect to others for Haven's cause)
-Destiny (She would use her powers to foresee any problems with their plans...etc.)
-Scribe (I'm not sure if her powers were ever revealed...but I would put them along the lines of what mutanthigh.com thought they might be...(She may have been able to mentally record the proceedings of the Hellfire Club onto some device that she kept with her.)...except in wouldn't be for the Hellfire Club it would be for Haven and her plans.)
-The Dark Riders-(Barrage, Deadbolt, Foxbat, Gauntlet, Harddrive, Lifeforce, Psynapse, Spyne, Tusk)...they would be the muscle...the henchman...I would not use the entire group...I'm trying to decide which Dark Riders would work better...

Thats sorta the a part...

....the b story would introduce Vulcan...Jean would be dead...so I would have Moira MacTaggert reveal who Vulcan is and that he escaped from her Muir Island Facility and his abilities are very powerful and uncontrollable...(I'm still trying to find a way to explain how they found him)...I would have him sense Cyclops death, he would know Cyclops was his brother...but nobody except the Professor and Moira knew of him and what he may be capable of. I would have him trying to find the mansion to pay respects to the brother he never knew...but get captured by Haven and co. along the way. This portion is sorta where Gamemaster comes in...his powers have him connected to all beings on the planet...Vulcan's emotions, rage, and power would call to Gamemaster...Haven promises to heal him of his pain his uncontrollable power...Mesmero manipulates him using Scribe as a fake love interest to control him to there side...Haven would use Vulcan to trigger her Great Destruction upon the World.

...A few other key things...
-Haven finds and heals/resurrects Cyclops...he becomes a member (because of Mesmero) of the Dark Riders and is a key to further manipulate Vulcan (he becomes a member too)...
-I don't know about a cameo size part but...I have two versions...one where Magneto and Mystique go to Haven and are healed and join her and one where they have a small role just waiting to be healed by her...(in the larger role...because of Mesmero they would also become her followers...)
-Goddess VS Goddess (Haven vs. Storm)
-A new X-Men team would be introduced...there would be the field team then the new team which would be like a team in training...members would include Jubilee, Siryn, Hellion, The Stepford Cuckoos, Northstar, and Gambit (w/ Banshee as a mentor). Since they were chosen to be the training squad, they all would be the "cool" kids at the school. Banshee of course would be older, but the others would be around Iceman and Rogue's age. Banshee would also be a former student returning to help the school out after the Professor's death...plus he can help train his daughter.

I'm still working on it...

One other note...I forgot about Multiple Man...after being captured in X-Men: The Last Stand, he would be released to the X-Men...and placed on the training squad...

I also have X5 and X6 sorta planned out...

X5 would introduce the Friends of Humanity trying to introduce the Sentinels after Haven's plans for Her Great Destruction...They would be the main villains...For the story I was thinking something along the lines of the mutant Massacre but with the FOH instead of Sinister and the Marauders.

X6...would see the Return of Magneto and Mystique in mutant glory...joined by Magneto's Acolytes, Mystique's Brotherhood, and Mutant Liberation Front led by Reignfire, with Haven, Mesmero, Gamemaster, and Destiny also returning. This would be the final showdown b/w the FOH and the Sentinels...the diff villain mutant groups...with the X-Men stuck in the middle. It would be a big conflict...a war in the streets of New York...Something sorta alone the lines of Operation: Zero Tolerance.

I'm still trying to fix/finish my X4...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hames
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"