Sequels The Gambit/Remy LeBeau Casting Thread

I found this board from just being bored, but anyways, I remember reading in an issue of Entertainment Weekly when X-3 came out and in the article about the movie, seems Halle Berry did not sign on to a fourth movie and there has not been any talk about a fourth movie. In my opinion a fourth X-Men movie right now would be iffy to me seeing they killed off key characters. But I did notice on imdb.com Hugh Jackman is signed onto a Wolverine movie which could maybe contain Gambit. I wouldn't know how they could use him at this point though unless they do what they did with Beast in the third movie, make it look like they knew him all along instead of making it seem like he's news to the X-Men.

But sometimes, things don't work out as planned and maybe the only Gambit we'll ever get is seeing "Remy LeBeau" on a computer screen in the second movie.

As far as casting goes if there ever WAS a Gambit in the Wolverine movie, I would say a new face would probably be picked. It's simple and easy and cheaper than picking someone like Johnny Depp.

I don't hope he shows up in the Wolverine movie. Gambit doesn't have anything with Wolvie's past. And it sucks that this might be the last X-men movie (spinoffs not included) Because i wasn't happ with the last stand. It could have been so much better.

there will be an x4... i just feel that there will be but a different arc of story maybe diffrent characters.... but still considered x4

More of wishful thinking than anything else. He's 41 now, kinda old. Unless Gambit is only gonna be used for a few films.
Vincent Ventresca:
invisible_ventresca2.jpg

darien8.jpg

First time I saw him on Invisible Man tv series I thought he'd make a great Gambit. He's 6' 2", on IMan he played a thief. He's worked with cgi, and eye effects before.

Outside of him, out of those suggested so far Hayden Christensen would be my favourite for a younger actor(based on the darker scenes in Eps3).:up:

I really don't like him I truly thought he ruined the character of Anakin Skywalker.

Besides that, he doesn't look like Gambit at all.

Also he just can't be gambit I would burn all of my gambit issues if he was cast.

This guy reminds me somehow of Gambit. His name is Morten Harket and he's the lead singer of the band A-ha and supposedly originated the ripped jeans look in the mid-80's, lol. He's too old now, but I believe he would have made a good Remy back in the day.

Oh, and here's what he looks like in comic book form, though the resemblance is stronger towards the end: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NxTCk-o0U0 (A-ha's infamous "Take on Me" music video)

For comparison purposes, here's Morten...

mortenleanks6.jpg

mhprofilny28219lq3.gif

aha01vn0.jpg

ahamorten1ih2.jpg
(recent, circa 2005)

...and here's Gambit.

gambitcardsavatarkx7.jpg

071justremypp8.jpg

038cropbm3.jpg

In the recent pic of Morten from 05' his face looks just like Gambit's in the small pic right under it. The smile, nose, bangs, good find.

Actually no one is Gambit. But I think that the Zen Gesner manip on page one looks good, and also Oliver Martinez has my vote.

Remy LeBeau X3 said:
Actually no one is Gambit. But I think that the Zen Gesner manip on page one looks good, and also Oliver Martinez has my vote.

You know what I mean.I wouldn't mind Zen Gesner or Oliver Martinez if they went for an older Gambit but I don't want Gambit to be old.

I don't either. I want him to be young. Around 23,24,25.

GAmbit has been in the movie but his scenes have been cut and he was going to be young if they were going to cast him, go to wikipedia and put in X-men2 or gambit comics, something like that .

kapea said:
Marvel has promised us that X4 will center on Gambit...so who should it be? I vote for Zen Gesner (he starred in a tv series called "The Adventures of Sinbad", as well as showing up in films like "Shallow Hal" and "There's Something About Mary")...he looks so much like Gambit from the comics, it's scary!

To illustrate my point, may I present Zen Gesner as Remy LeBeau
aka "Le Diable Blanc"...

zengambit7.jpg

zengesner1gambit8ai.th.jpg

zengambit31ih.jpg

Zen Gesner in real life...

zengesner26cn.th.jpg

zengesner39dq.jpg

zengesner59ib.jpg

More acting info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zen_Gesner
Is this the same guy from Transformers?

Okay - you heard it here first, folks. Here is someone who is VERY promising to get the young Remy LeBeau role in the next X-Men movie. From the look to the attitude to the industry connections - this boy is potentially in the right place and time to play Gambit with a few years' seasoning.

He's 23 years old now, 6 feet tall, well-built, good-looking, sexy as all get out in the right role. His name's Michael Cassidy, and he's a relative unknown (which is almost a requirement if studios are gonna fork over the cash to feature Gambit in an X-film, I think) - he entered Hollywood with a role as "Zach", an attractive comic book creator on "The O.C.".

He's also played a bisexual bad boy in an indy film called Dare, and this is what people had to say about his performance: "Cassidy is spectacularly charismatic - with a megawatt smile that could light up L.A. (It's no surprise that he auditioned for Superman, and it's a wonder that Bryan Singer let him get away.)"

That's right - he auditioned for Brandon Routh's role as Clark Kent in "Superman Returns." Didn't get the part, but he was apparently so charismatic and promising that Bryan Singer and co. noticed him and set him up with an audition for another movie called "Zoom" to be released in August 2006. It's a Tim Allen comedy about a school for gifted youngsters (Marvel actually sued the filmmakers at some point for copyright infringement of the X-Men, lol), and he plays a shy boy who can turn himself invisible.

Looks-wise, I think he resembles a younger version of Larocca's Gambit, and he looks very much like Jeanty's version. Pretty-boy, yes, but he has to be near Rogue's age in the movies. And it's okay that he looks "too clean/nice" in the photos below - they can easily dirty him up some, grow out stubble, grow out the hair, make him look more gritty and badass.

For comparison purposes:

Salvador Larroca's Gambit:
10gy00icubegz3.jpg

Younger, more naive Remy:
michealcassidy1if3.jpg
(notice striking eye, mouth, facial similarities)

oc2093sc6.jpg

oc2081yp0.jpg

Georges Jeanty's Gambit:
gambit10v204ga2.jpg

jeantyflipgambitcy6.jpg

I will always prefer an older Gambit, but if we HAVE to have a younger version, I bet this guy could actually pull it off.

channingtavespa7129162400av8.jpg

I read somewhere that he was up for the role of Gambit, this is no lie.

Hmmm i don't know. I've seen him in the o.c. He played a wuss. I'd have to see him act like Gambit. The face is meh. He looks like Jeanty's Gambit but i'd rather have a guy that looks like Jim lee's Gambit.

this is even'y my choice Fox was going to have him play gambit, he was cool in Coach carter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"