The Gambit/Remy Lebeau Thread

Ahh give him a chance squeeks
It's Deadpool so comedy is fine and he was great in Jump Street, and more relevantly Free Guy
He's also southern so he should get the accent better than Canadian Taylor Kitsch, and he loves the character
And lastly, he's probably not making it to the MCU so it'll be a one-and-done anyway
I'm glad about the one and done. I've despised him in everything I've seen him in. Kitsch was my first choice for Gambit since The Covenant and I wasn't disappointed.

It will also take a long time before a new Gambit appears after Deadpool 3. So I don't mind Channing Tatum in the role.

hlh120123feacover-004-654c0a2f016dc.jpg

Idk he could pull it off.

i used to like Theo James for the role (don't ask me why) but i doubt he'd be interested in it now.

i used to like Theo James for the role (don't ask me why) but i doubt he'd be interested in it now.
Sorry honey.

The biggest question is can any of these people do the accent and speak Cajun. If they can't pull it off, then they ain't Gambit.

Sorry honey.

The biggest question is can any of these people do the accent and speak Cajun. If they can't pull it off, then they ain't Gambit.

i dunno if he can or not. but i did read recently that he's going to do a voice on the animated '97 cartoon?

i dunno if he can or not. but i did read recently that he's going to do a voice on the animated '97 cartoon?
I'm still Team Keke Rogue, so Gambit can be a fine white boy or black man and I'm happy either way.

i'm not against Keke Rogue either. i just want a strong Rogue performance

it still irritates me that Paquin as Sookie Stackhouse was more Rogue than when she played Rogue :argh:

i'm not against Keke Rogue either. i just want a strong Rogue performance

it still irritates me that Paquin as Sookie Stackhouse was more Rogue than when she played Rogue :argh:
They paired her with Bobby! Bobby!!! Still better than Magneto. I don't think Lord Ian McKellan would approve.

Sorry honey.

Exactly. It will take more than a pretty face. Channing Tatum is a prime example of how it doesn't work. :( The man can't act for beans.

They kind of dropped Rogue's importance after the first movie so she didn't even get chance to develop from who she started as to being the Rogue that fans know and love. Paquin did a good job with what she was given, but she wasn't given much after the first movie.

They paired her with Bobby! Bobby!!! Still better than Magneto. I don't think Lord Ian McKellan would approve.
Bobby then cheated on her with Kitty, Ellen Page's (as they were known at the time) portrayal of Kitty Pryde was kind of lacklustre, however that could be because the narrative role as basically the other woman was in direct contrast to how they tried to play Kitty as innocent. At worst it makes the character look manipulative.

They kind of dropped Rogue's importance after the first movie so she didn't even get chance to develop from who she started as to being the Rogue that fans know and love. Paquin did a good job with what she was given, but she wasn't given much after the first movie.

Bobby then cheated on her with Kitty, Ellen Page's (as they were known at the time) portrayal of Kitty Pryde was kind of lacklustre, however that could be because the narrative role as basically the other woman was in direct contrast to how they tried to play Kitty as innocent. At worst it makes the character look manipulative.

I’d recommend just referring to Kitty’s actor as Elliot Page, regardless of what his name was in the past.
Yeah the golden rule with trans actors is to use their preferred name over the former name.

"My name is Remy Lebeau and I play for keeps!" Loved Taylor Kitsch as Gambit back in the day but now who can be Gambit? I would have to say Austin Butler

I'd like to think the X-Men have more fans in the GA than other characters. In the sense that I can see a lot of actors in a few years time mentioning how they watched TAS growing up and stuff like that.

That being said Gambit, being one of the most popular characters should attract a lot of talent to the role.

I'd like to think the X-Men have more fans in the GA than other characters. In the sense that I can see a lot of actors in a few years time mentioning how they watched TAS growing up and stuff like that.

That being said Gambit, being one of the most popular characters should attract a lot of talent to the role.
The X-Men used to be most popular Marvel ip after Spider-Man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"