The Gambit/Remy Lebeau Thread

I think out of the lead male X-Men, he could be like the Thor equivalent, with Cyclops and the Wolverine as Steve and Tony of the team. The Professor is the Nick Fury. Beast is obviously the Hulk, while Iceman is the Spider-Man equivalent of the team.

I think out of the lead male X-Men, he could be like the Thor equivalent, with Cyclops and the Wolverine as Steve and Tony of the team. The Professor is the Nick Fury. Beast is obviously the Hulk, while Iceman is the Spider-Man equivalent of the team.
Personality-wise, I think Gambit has way more in common with Tony Stark than Wolverine does (rich, ladies' man, loveable d-bag, etc.). But I think the X-Men are a completely different team with a completely different dynamic. I don't think the formula that worked for the Avengers will necessarily work for them.

Isn't Gambit a thief? I don't think he's like Tony who was born rich.

Personality wise, Remy is more loosen up like Thor (in the mcu). Don't know if Thor is similar to Remy in the comics, personality wise.

Isn't Gambit a thief? I don't think he's like Tony who was born rich.

Personality wise, Remy is more loosen up like Thor (in the mcu). Don't know if Thor is similar to Remy in the comics, personality wise.
Gambit is a master thief who steals priceless jewels and artwork. There's no way that he isn't rich if he's being hired by the type of people who can afford those kinds of things. He lives in a huge penthouse on the Upper West Side. He was also adopted by the head of a crime syndicate that specializes in stealing priceless items. He might not flaunt his money, but I think it makes sense that he is rich given what we know.

I don't see Wolverine as the loveable d-bag. He's more of a gruff, lone wolf type.

Hmm.

I compared Logan/Scott to Tony/Steve (in mcu films) as Logan and Scott always butt heads in the comics especially when it came to team decision making, whereas Remy isn't the one to bark orders to the team, kinda like Thor.

I really like the idea of Fabien Frankel from House of the Dragon as Gambit. Austin Butler would also be a great pick for the role.

I don't see it.

I hope he always has tons of cards and that stick/cane with him. What I noticed in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, he really didn't have weapons, it just happened there were cards and stick around him.

I hope he's there from the start. I cannot wait for whats in the cards for him in the MCU.
I'd expect him by the second film. He's a bit of a wild card and could be interesting to see part of his background in a show before he gatecrashes the sequel.
I see what we did there. :D Maybe not at the time but I do now. :funny:

Deadpool 3 Will Reportedly Feature Gambit Cameo

Anyone here wants Channing Tatum as a long term actor for Gambit in the MCU X-Men?

:gambit:
I do feel like Channing as a cameo will be a bit confusing for the average viewer... I don't think its that well known that he almost played him

this feels similar to using Krasinski as the "fan-cast" cameo in Doctor strange

especially when mixed in with cameos from actors/actress from the Fox-verse

most people will just assume he is the MCU Gambit...

so when it comes to actually cast the MCU X-men if it's not him as Gambit, this cameo will be kind of a waste

I hope it stays as a cameo myself. Tatum is my LAST choice for Gambit. :(

A Gambit cameo won't be confusing at all. I doubt the general public still remembers the Taylor Kitsch version.

Also, multiverse is in play and we know in multiverse, certain characters have different faces.

Like Wolverine, looking forward to seeing it!
I'm way more eXcited to see the TAS inspired outfits of Famke, Marsden and Halle. Surely they would also wear those, if Hugh/Channing are in these colorful 90s inspired costumes.

:xmen:

I'm way more eXcited to see the TAS inspired outfits of Famke, Marsden and Halle. Surely they would also wear those, if Hugh/Channing are in these colorful 90s inspired costumes.

:xmen:
Yeah, those could be amazing. If everyone does wear TAS inspired costumes I wonder if that means the eventual MCU X-Men won’t.

Yeah, those could be amazing. If everyone does wear TAS inspired costumes I wonder if that means the eventual MCU X-Men won’t.
The MCU X-Men would probably wear a MCU-sized version of those. It could be somewhat identical but its never gonna be that close to the most classic costume from the comics. See Spider-Man in the Home trilogy minus that final scene in No Way Home.

Also there's plenty of other costumes from different eras in the comics. I could see the costume MCU Storm being inspired by Storm's giant size X-Men costume with the headpiece, the Wolverine with a brown and yellow ensemble, Cyclops with a covered head and Jean wearing her Marvel Girl outfit.

The MCU X-Men would probably wear a MCU-sized version of those. It could be somewhat identical but its never gonna be that close to the most classic costume from the comics. See Spider-Man in the Home trilogy minus that final scene in No Way Home.

Also there's plenty of other costumes from different eras in the comics. I could see the costume MCU Storm being inspired by Storm's giant size X-Men costume with the headpiece, the Wolverine with a brown and yellow ensemble, Cyclops with a covered head and Jean wearing her Marvel Girl outfit.
I like Wolverine’s brown and yellow costume and Storm’s giant size look so there are plenty of possibilities yeah. I’d rather get Cyclops’ uncovered face for MCU X-Men and covered in the multiverse.

Cyke and Storm as Steve and Tony of the team
Wolvy is the badass and the lonely soldier of the team
Gambit is the romantic guy, lover. He loves Rogue and stays in the team because of her. He likes making jokes and pranks
Jubilee and Kitty are the teens
Iceman is the comic relief of the team
Angel is the richman, financial contributor and defender of the team against politicals attacks
Psylocke is the badass woman, lethal and skilled in martial arts
Colossus is the nice guy, good-hearted

definitely no
Must find a younger actor, around 30

Guess I will just have to endure it. :(

Guess I will just have to endure it. :(
Ahh give him a chance squeeks
It's Deadpool so comedy is fine and he was great in Jump Street, and more relevantly Free Guy
He's also southern so he should get the accent better than Canadian Taylor Kitsch, and he loves the character
And lastly, he's probably not making it to the MCU so it'll be a one-and-done anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"