• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Superman Returns The general public discovers Lois' kid!

Catman

Avenger
Joined
Jul 14, 2002
Messages
29,046
Reaction score
1
Points
31
For months we've known about Lois Lane and her child with Richard White (or is it Superman). Yet, I'm guessing most of the general public didn't know about it because after a bunch of my non-comic book fans saw the trailer the first thing out of their mouth was, "Lois Lane has a kid?"
 
Yeah, I've gotten a couple of PM's from friends who were surprised by that.
 
My wife had the same reaction and it wasn't positive...
 
I personally don't have a problem with the kid (so far anyway) so I'm curious to see how the general public reacts. My friends just joked around about it. They said stuff like, "Lois needed some cock, Supes."
 
Most of us have read all the horror stories about the Superman project, and how much money has already been spent on past crap and horrible story concepts. Heck, we could have had Nick Cage as brooding Supes! :-)

With all that said and done, we FINALLY have a NEW Superman Movie...something very important to all of us fans. AND the success of this movie, is EXTREMELY important for the Superman Franchise...it could really hurt things if it is rejected by the fan base.

THAT BEING SAID...

Should LOIS have been a single mom, with a KID???

Should there have beena "little munchkin" in this movie???

Personally, given all that is on the line, I think the KID element is very distracting and NOT NEEDED...

We do not want this movie to turn into MUMMY RETURNS..., remember how we all cringed with the KID elements!!!

What do you think...

KID or NO KID???
 
Do we really need another thread where people can complain?!!!:confused:
 
I think it will be ok.the movie is not just for us fan-boys.I think the general public won't care,and may even like the idea of the kid.
 
DUDE. See the f^cking movie first before jumping to conclusions...

Theres no way to know how good or bad it will be till we see it....

Close this damn thread.
 
Kane said:
DUDE. See the f^cking movie first before jumping to conclusions...

Theres no way to know how good or bad it will be till we see it....

Close this damn thread.

x2.... people seriously need to loosen up and relax... its JUST A MOVIE!!!!!!! ok people take a deep breathe and hold it.... SO I DONT HAVE TO HERE YOU WHINE ANYMORE!!!!
 
I'd love it if the kid actually turned out to be Mr Myxlplik in disguise.
 
one word: hook
hook.jpg


Peter pan having kids was fine with me.

:p that's a better movie to compare it too.

I made this thread already but whatever, what's the harm.
 
Godzilla2000 said:
I'd love it if the kid actually turned out to be Mr Myxlplik in disguise.

HAHAHAHA!!! OMG, that would be the best twist ending ever!!! Man... that would rock.
 
Mentok said:


Actually, that thread is completely different. It insinuates that the kid is a SUPERKID, that it is SUPERMAN'S KID...when that has not been established as of yet.

What has been established and is very clear...is that LOIS is a mommy, and that the KID is hers.

That is what MY thread is based on...the fact that there is a KID...and whether or not that is good or bad.

It is BAD...in the sense, that it can hurt more than it can help.

Do we want another MUMMY RETURNS, LEGEND OF ZORRO, or THUNDERBIRDS???
 
Most people I've talked to are not positive about the kid.

Singer should've had Lois just engaged to White and not have some kid involved.
 
TheBlueWolf said:
Actually, that thread is completely different. It insinuates that the kid is a SUPERKID, that it is SUPERMAN'S KID...when that has not been established as of yet.

What has been established and is very clear...is that LOIS is a mommy, and that the KID is hers.

That is what MY thread is based on...the fact that there is a KID...and whether or not that is good or bad.

It is BAD...in the sense, that it can hurt more than it can help.

Do we want another MUMMY RETURNS, LEGEND OF ZORRO, or THUNDERBIRDS???

Can a thread insinuate?

Anyway, its for discussion about the kid... I dont think the kid deserves more than one thread ;)
 
Well in the current Superman comics Lois and Superman are married, so why can't Superman and Lois have a kid together in this movie?
 
The kid has jake lloyd, Mummy 2, Zorro 2, and Ice Age written all on it, come on he is gonna lift a freaken piano, unless after he does that lex turns him into hamburger helper.
 
I like the name Abraham better than Jason. Jason sounds too stupid. Jason Lane. wtf is that. It should be Abraham Lane.
 
CGHulk said:
Well in the current Superman comics Lois and Superman are married, so why can't Superman and Lois have a kid together in this movie?

Can an immortal being conceive a child with a mortal being?

??
 
I think so. He just has to ejaculate in a cup and pour it into lois or something like that, only if sex would be too risky though. He's perfectly capable of breeding with our kind indeed.
 
If the kid does indeed die saving superman, than I can swollow it... It all depends on how they play it out.
 
Hook is a great movie, everyone I know loves it too!! :D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
200,679
Messages
21,785,569
Members
45,620
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"