Superman Returns The general public discovers Lois' kid!

The Game said:
LOL, CLASSIC

I guess I have found my avi

I don't see you have it on yet. You're mad! :mad: ;)

And funny pic, SolidSnake. Good one. :D :D

Hello, all.

This is my first post here, but I've decided to skip the training wheels and go straight for the big bike.

I really don't get the outrage over the kid. When it was announced over a year ago that Lois had a kid, there was no way the kid WASN'T going to be Superman's. The character arc of the movie (for Superman) seems to be pretty simple - he's trying to find out who he is and where he belongs. In the beginning of the movie he takes off for Krypton to try and find others like him, so for once in his life he's not all alone. The bitter irony is that there was someone like him all along, his son, who was being raised by another man. It's a kick in the nuts at the end of the movie to Superman and that's not bad. He's not alone, he has a son, another Kryptonian. How is it people can buy Supergirl or Superboy or Krypto or any other of the half-assed attempts to breathe life into Superman, (I'm looking at you, Doomsday) yet they're vitriolic in their hatred of a son for Superman? Has anyone has given a solid, well thoughtout reason for their hatred of the kid?

Now what I really don't understand is how when explaining the basis for the negativity for the kid all I hear is, "That's stupid, Superman's a homewrecker, it's against his nature." First off, how is he a homewrecker? IT'S HIS KID! HE DIDN'T KNOW!! From what I've heard, Lois and Supes aren't together at the end of this movie. So how is he a homewrecker? Also, show me the scene where he asks Lois to leave her fiance, to abandon the person she thinks (I could be wrong here, I don't know what Lois knows regarding the "Spawn of Satan") is her kid's father.

Another thing that gets tossed around is the fact that heroes children suck in movies, examples being The Legend of Zorro and the Mummy Returns. It's not the kids who suck in these movies, it's the movies themselves. They were written horribly with little attention paid to character or story. If I was making a list of what was wrong about the second Mummy, the kid wouldn't be near the top of the list.

Now obviously, if you still feel this way after seeing the film, that's your point of view, I won't begrudge you it. But until you see how it plays out, why not have an open mind. Superman means many different things to many differeny people. This movie isn't going to appeal to everybody, especially those who have a certain ideal of what it should be in their head.
:supes:

Strickland said:
Hello, all.

This is my first post here, but I've decided to skip the training wheels and go straight for the big bike.

I really don't get the outrage over the kid. When it was announced over a year ago that Lois had a kid, there was no way the kid WASN'T going to be Superman's. The character arc of the movie (for Superman) seems to be pretty simple - he's trying to find out who he is and where he belongs. In the beginning of the movie he takes off for Krypton to try and find others like him, so for once in his life he's not all alone. The bitter irony is that there was someone like him all along, his son, who was being raised by another man. It's a kick in the nuts at the end of the movie to Superman and that's not bad. He's not alone, he has a son, another Kryptonian. How is it people can buy Supergirl or Superboy or Krypto or any other of the half-assed attempts to breathe life into Superman, (I'm looking at you, Doomsday) yet they're vitriolic in their hatred of a son for Superman? Has anyone has given a solid, well thoughtout reason for their hatred of the kid?

Now what I really don't understand is how when explaining the basis for the negativity for the kid all I hear is, "That's stupid, Superman's a homewrecker, it's against his nature." First off, how is he a homewrecker? IT'S HIS KID! HE DIDN'T KNOW!! From what I've heard, Lois and Supes aren't together at the end of this movie. So how is he a homewrecker? Also, show me the scene where he asks Lois to leave her fiance, to abandon the person she thinks (I could be wrong here, I don't know what Lois knows regarding the "Spawn of Satan") is her kid's father.

Another thing that gets tossed around is the fact that heroes children suck in movies, examples being The Legend of Zorro and the Mummy Returns. It's not the kids who suck in these movies, it's the movies themselves. They were written horribly with little attention paid to character or story. If I was making a list of what was wrong about the second Mummy, the kid wouldn't be near the top of the list.

Now obviously, if you still feel this way after seeing the film, that's your point of view, I won't begrudge you it. But until you see how it plays out, why not have an open mind. Superman means many different things to many differeny people. This movie isn't going to appeal to everybody, especially those who have a certain ideal of what it should be in their head.
:supes:
you mean like this??? that's the whole story about???
005_TheKid5.jpg

because kid stinks. seriously they are thousands better way to revive the superman franscise than bringing in a super kid and making it the key plot. :down: a very bad bad idea.

welcome onboard anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"