Superman Returns The general public discovers Lois' kid!

this is difficult; its really not black and white. it depends WHERE they go with the Kid.

musclesforsupes said:
The kid has jake lloyd, Mummy 2, Zorro 2, and Ice Age written all on it, come on he is gonna lift a freaken piano, unless after he does that lex turns him into hamburger helper.

We don't know this. I'm sketpical Mori read the shooting script. Would singer be dumb enough to pull something like a kid throwing a piano? I hope not. <crosses fingers> I'm actually okay with the kid being supes, as long as lois knows clark is actually superman, b/c the kid will save supes' life. But I really don't want him around for the sequels . . . it messes everything up.

Knives122 said:
Don't you ever Compare the kids in Hook with this kid :down :spidey:

Hook was a masterpiece of the highest caliber. :p

Now, the kid in this movie will probably be annoying, and will act as Luthors "annoying thing that he wants to kill, but he can't b/c it will mess with the movie plot" and I hope I'm wrong on this too, he'll be that fat guy from Supes 1 & 2 that was with Luthor until he broke out of jail.
There's nothing wrong with the kid in this movie besides your lack of intrest of him being in this movie!

jokeSR.jpg

explode7 said:
Superman is IMMORTAL!!!!

He can't be immortal, because his home planet and all the inhabitants are DEAD!!!1

I just concile the fact that Lois has a child with Superman yet doesn't know his secret identity (the way she spoke to Clark in the trailer clearly indicated that she didn't know he is Superman).

Naite22 said:
If the kid does indeed die saving superman, than I can swollow it... It all depends on how they play it out.

:up::up:

I had something else to say, but I forgot. Oh, right: if lex finds out that the kid is supes' the kid is TOAST!! :)

Il_Siciliano said:
I just concile the fact that Lois has a child with Superman yet doesn't know his secret identity (the way she spoke to Clark in the trailer clearly indicated that she didn't know he is Superman).

That's the key, isnt it? How could it be Supermans kid is she doesnt know who Clark is? She can't, unless she was incredibly talented at acting. If the love of her life returned from nowhere (Clark), she would probably be jumping into his arms (b/c she knows its Superman), instead of "Welcome back."

But then, its been six years, so she may have just put it all behind her. God, I'm so confused.

explode7 said:
Superman is IMMORTAL!!!!

He can be killed, and he will most likely eventually die of old age (even if it takes longer than with a human).

I'm not THAT worried about the kind thing, but . . . I told my mom about it and she wasn't pleased. Seems to be the general consensus. :(

Just have to see how it plays out . . .

afan said:
The trailer does nothing to solidify the kid's parentage. In fact perhaps it contains a hint that it is not Lois' son after all.

As another poster(so many posts recently I am not able to find and give credit to them) pointed out Jimmy's remark that Lois is a "mommy now" sounded a bit off hand and somewhat out of place. However if he is referring to her adoptive position in the life of Richard White's son it becomes a bit more explainable.
I agree

CGHulk said:
Well in the current Superman comics Lois and Superman are married, so why can't Superman and Lois have a kid together in this movie?

Seriously? You see the concsious decision to have a child between a couple that has been married for about a decade as being the same scenario as a Superman who knocks up Lois Lane and buggers off faster than her first missed period?

O'Haire said:
I don't want the kid to die. It would be interesting for future films with Clark walking around knowing it his son but can't say anything because of his secret.

Dead-beat dads rejoice, a new hero for a new generation!

Oldguy said:
Seriously? You see the concsious decision to have a child between a couple that has been married for about a decade as being the same scenario as a Superman who knocks up Lois Lane and buggers off faster than her first missed period?
What if he doesn't know..that makes Lois the bad person for not telling him..not Superman....besides..the kid won't be Lois's Or Superman's. :p

Venom71 said:
What if he doesn't know..that makes Lois the bad person for not telling him..not Superman....besides..the kid won't be Lois's Or Superman's. :p

So if Lois didn't tell him, that means he had to have left before she was late, before he could hear the fetus' heart beat. That gives him a 5 week window. So right after he apologizes to the president for letting him down, and assuring him it won't happen again.

What parts of SII am I supposed to remember and what am I supposed to forget?

Venom71 said:
What if he doesn't know..that makes Lois the bad person for not telling him..:p

I just realized something, Lois didn't tell him because he used amnesia to make her forget. That's statatory rape after the fact, the kryptonian equivalent of a ruffy.

Where's your messiah now, Venom?

TheBlueWolf said:
I showed the new trailer to some of my co workers during lunch, and THEY ALL hated the KID thing. Some were like oh, another kiddie flick, I'll just go see the Pirate movie. Man, I was afriad of that!!! I knew this KID thing would turn off alot of people, and do more harm than good...I just knew it!

Some of my other friends, that were trying their best to keep SPOILER free...saw the trailer last night. And they called me a few minutes ago and were like Holy Crap! They just killed SUPERMAN. Or something like, damn, Lois didn't waste much time, or some other crap like Lois didn't use protection? I agreed with them, that Lois being a single mom was completely out of character for her.

I told my dad about this and he was like. Yes, Lois has a baby with Superman, it has been in the comics before, she had to wear a special kryptonite necklace. I did not know that, so I said, well...this Lois is a SINGLE MOM, and the kid is probably NOT Superman's...he was stunned, and said that he will not see the movie now, because he does not spend his money on crap!

These are just some reactions of the great majority!!!

Relax, man, people will go see this movie. They may complain about the kid or whatever but they'll still go see the movie. It's the first Superman movie in 19 years. It's an event not to miss.

I don't get why people think it could be Clark's kid. Doesn't his SUPER member make it impossible for him to have sex with a human female?

Asr said:
I don't get why people think it could be Clark's kid. Doesn't his SUPER member make it impossible for him to have sex with a human female?
Not in the comics.

Oldguy said:
I just realized something, Lois didn't tell him because he used amnesia to make her forget. That's statatory rape after the fact, the kryptonian equivalent of a ruffy.

Where's your messiah now, Venom?
Well most likely "the kiss" and the scene between Lois and Superman in the FOS won't be in continuity.......guess that fixes the whole problem now doesn't :p
And before you say then the kid is Richard's so Superman is a homewrecker..we still really don't know if the kid is Lois's...do we...no I don't think so.

So much Family Values here on the board, sheesh, hate to be divorced or have a child outside of marriage here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"