Superman Returns The general public discovers Lois' kid!

relax everybody. the kid will be funny and you'll love him.

not me. And don't call him a bastard.

Sub-Zero said:
that's why this movie is PG-13!!:eek:

Even if its PG-13, man. Have the guy put on a condom. Superman must endorse protection.

ruhanv said:
My wife had the same reaction and it wasn't positive...
wait till they got know about the kid is superman's. the reaction should be really fun to see.

TheBlueWolf said:
I showed the new trailer to some of my co workers during lunch, and THEY ALL hated the KID thing. Some were like oh, another kiddie flick, I'll just go see the Pirate movie. Man, I was afriad of that!!! I knew this KID thing would turn off alot of people, and do more harm than good...I just knew it!

Some of my other friends, that were trying their best to keep SPOILER free...saw the trailer last night. And they called me a few minutes ago and were like Holy Crap! They just killed SUPERMAN. Or something like, damn, Lois didn't waste much time, or some other crap like Lois didn't use protection? I agreed with them, that Lois being a single mom was completely out of character for her.

I told my dad about this and he was like. Yes, Lois has a baby with Superman, it has been in the comics before, she had to wear a special kryptonite necklace. I did not know that, so I said, well...this Lois is a SINGLE MOM, and the kid is probably NOT Superman's...he was stunned, and said that he will not see the movie now, because he does not spend his money on crap!

These are just some reactions of the great majority!!!
Your dad and your friends are the great majority??!

dude, seriously what are you smoking?
they trailer GOES OUT OF ITS WAY to show the audience that the kid is lois'
picture
jimmy's comment
luthor saying cute kid when he's with lois
kid sitting her lap
clark being introduced to him
clark breaking the picture when he finds out she's a mom

jesus man

picture: If you were engaged to someone with a child, you wouldn't allow the child to be in a family photo with you.

jimmy's comment: "Lois Lane is a mommy" It sounds like he is saying it is a more recent development, like she started caring for Richards child. If she had the kid for five or so years, would he say it in that tone?

luthor saying cute kid when he's with lois: Yes, because if it isn't Lois's child he would never have said 'cute kid'...

kid sitting her lap: when you were the kids age you wouldn't have sat in the lap of someone who was nice and cared for you when a scary guy was screaming 'WRONG!' at you?

clark being introduced to him: Oh this one proves it. If it weren't Lois she'd have just said 'Oh ignore him Clark, I'm not going to introduce him, he tehcnically isn't mine..."

clark breaking the picture when he finds out she's a mom: Or is he breaking it because he thinks shes a mum or because she has moved on to Richard?

I'm not saying that I think the kid is actually Richards, I'm just saying that there is no evidence in the trailer to say that isnt true and it seems the kind of thing that Singer would do to us, pretend the kid is Lois' when it actually isn't.

Pickle-El said:
I'm not gonna be the one to say most of what you posted sounds made up or anything.....:o

It sound like he made them up. I know he hate the "Lois has a kid" from the beginning & wouldn't be surprise some of his rambling are lies. Some will make up lies & claim some of their friends & family members hate it & that it make up the great majority as he call it. :p

Well according to DC Comics Dan DiDio has confirmed

- The 'Up up and Away' series is apparently a tie-in with the Superman Returns movie.

And if what I've been saying all along is true.

Lois will become Pregnant {As MXy Forseen} with a super baby In "Action Comics #839". Which will tie in with SUPERMAN RETURNS as Dan says. proving that Jason is in fact Clark's kid .

Kal-El 8 said:
Well according to DC Comics Dan DiDio has confirmed

- The 'Up up and Away' series is apparently a tie-in with the Superman Returns movie.

And if what I've been saying all along is true.

Lois will become Pregnant {As MXy Forseen} with a super baby In "Action Comics #839". Which will tie in with SUPERMAN RETURNS as Dan says. proving that Jason is in fact Clark's kid .

Nice try, but no. Up up and away is a lead in to SR. It is completely unrelated to the events in Action #839, where Mxy forsaw their child, a girl btw.

Lois' clock is ticking, after an assassination attempt last year. She has voiced a desire to have a child, with her Husband of 10 years. This will be a very planned pregnancy, not some dead beat bull****.

See how the two things are completely unrelated?

Oldguy said:
Nice try, but no. Up up and away is a lead in to SR. It is completely unrelated to the events in Action #839, where Mxy forsaw their child, a girl btw.

Lois' clock is ticking, after an assassination attempt last year. She has voiced a desire to have a child, with her Husband of 10 years. This will be a very planned pregnancy, not some dead beat bull****.

See how the two things are completely unrelated?

Ugh...I'm all for letting the character evolve but damn...the worst thing they did was marry those two and now a kid? I'd hate another reboot but I almost wish we could. Just so the tension is there again.

Michael Corleone said:
Ugh...I'm all for letting the character evolve but damn...the worst thing they did was marry those two and now a kid? I'd hate another reboot but I almost wish we could. Just so the tension is there again.

40+years wasn't enough for you?;)

Elseworld stories are a good source of the classic tension, at times.

Super78 said:
Can an immortal being conceive a child with a mortal being?

??

It's not immortality that's the issue! It's invincibility and nigh omnipotence for a mortal.

Superman's hair is as hard as steel. He can't grow his hair out or else nothing on earth could cut it aside from his heat vision.

If Superman did it with Lois, it'd be like a bullet hole going through her. But as long as we're tying it into Superman II, Superman was stripped of his powers and became mortal for a period indicating it might be his son.

Lois of course, has no memory at all since Superman employed his magical powers from those wacky movies (the same ones who brought you the cellophane S) to hypnotize her into amnesia. So she probably must've thought the kid had another dad - White. (or maybe it really is White's son).

Or the kid could be Superboy and his powers haven't matured...or going pre-crisis, he was exposed to gold kryptonite somehow so he doesn't have any powers.

TheBlueWolf said:
I told my dad about this and he was like. Yes, Lois has a baby with Superman, it has been in the comics before, she had to wear a special kryptonite necklace. I did not know that, so I said, well...this Lois is a SINGLE MOM, and the kid is probably NOT Superman's...he was stunned, and said that he will not see the movie now, because he does not spend his money on crap!

On a side note, it's funny how your dad remembers things like that from the really old comics.

Lois had to wear a necklace that was either Kryptonite or emulated a red sun to stop the baby from developing super powers and punch her way out of Lois while she was pregnant.

Spare-Flair said:
stop the baby from developing super powers and punch her way out of Lois while she was pregnant.

WOW! That's just disturbing.

Sub-Zero said:
why would lex
have a piano on his yacht
?

I think he love things like this. I can see something from V in Lex.

They both likes old things.

Don't you remember his library.

Lex is very clever man, like V was also.

Spare-Flair said:
On a side note, it's funny how your dad remembers things like that from the really old comics.

Lois had to wear a necklace that was either Kryptonite or emulated a red sun to stop the baby from developing super powers and punch her way out of Lois while she was pregnant.

LOL. That's funny.

This is hillarious.

A bunch of grown adults hoping a kid dies.

My mom just automatically assumed it was superman's from the trailer o_O I was surprized...

Eteric said:
This is hillarious.

A bunch of grown adults hoping a kid dies.

Yeah. They're probably never going to have kids with that kind of behavior they been saying. I think they need psycholoical help. :yellow:

Strange said:
Here's my thoughts about the kid. Since this is sort of a sequal to the first two Superman films, then maybe Superman got lois pregnant when he did not have powers and that would then translate to the kid not having powers. But since Superman may need the kid to save him with a blood transfusion or whatever then his blood would still work since he is his kid but just does not have powers.

An interesting idea. I decided to look up the meaning of "Jason" - it means "healer." Think it has any significance at all?

SolidSnakeMGS said:
jokeSR.jpg

LMFAO!

Can we be friends?:up:

As far as the poll goes, I'm ok with a KID, as long as he isn't Kryptonian. I don't mind Lois moving on, or even having one. I'm not irresponsible enough to have an unplanned pregnancy with my GF, I don't think Superman should be either. Most people aren't irresponsible in this regard, so don't try and tell me it humanizes the character. It's a cop-out.

Lois' clock is indeed ticking in the comic books, and they will probably attempt to have a child soon, but it will be a conscious decision from a married couple of 10 years.

Call me old-fashioned, but I want Superman to be someone I can look up to, who sets an good example in everything he does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"