The Gifted The Gifted General Discussion

Jesus did they get new cameras or something. Season 2 looks cinematic as hell. It looks like an actual movie. I'm actually blown away.
Yeah, I was pretty shocked as well. New cameras and amped up set design.

Just finished watching season 1.

Really good show. Looking forward to season 2.

Jesus did they get new cameras or something. Season 2 looks cinematic as hell. It looks like an actual movie. I'm actually blown away.
When you say cinematic, do you mean by 1970s, B-movie standards? Because Blade Runner 2049 or Fury Road this is not.

I mean cinematic-style editing, but the production values don't look that much better.

Costumes, hair and makeup work all look really on the cheap side.

So...Polaris is pregnant now? The dad has superpowers? Is the dad a mutant?

Sorta interesting. I tuned out before I got that far.

Watching Amy Acker on this makes me sad. They give her nothing.

This Newsarama article could be concerning:

Ownership is also something Fox mentioned - and ownership is becoming a bigger issue at Fox with the upcoming Disney acquisition of portions of 21st Century Fox. The Fox network, which is not part of the Disney acquisition, will be going forward under the tentative business name 'New Fox' with the intention to have partial ownership of any new series it airs, and will continue to be a deciding factor in renewing pre-existing shows (as mentioned above regarding Lucifer).

“Fox will have co-ownership stake in the shows we order,” Walden said (according to Deadline). “Space on the network schedule is incredibly valuable. That is the condition pretty much across the board.”

For comic book TV fans, what does that mean? Well, Fox already said Gotham (which, like Lucifer, is produced/owned by Warner Bros. Television) will be ending following the fall season. The Gifted is scheduled to begin a second season on September 26, but that show - both its rights and ownership - are part of the Disney/21st Century Fox acquisition.

I honestly thought Fox's broadcast station was acquired by Disney. It's probably best that it wasn't, but this could be a concern for The Gifted beyond Season Two. I've said before that I think the co-production from Marvel Television/Jeph Loeb is going to help it because I don't think Disney will cut it at least until Marvel movies starts to include mutants. But, unless ABC wants to pick up the show or the Disney streaming network starts sooner than I'm expecting, that might be a problem for the show.

Watching Amy Acker on this makes me sad. They give her nothing.
I disagree actually I think they gave her much to do even though she isn't a character from the comics or has superpowers. Also when i said the show looked cinematic I'm talking about how much better its lighting is and it's wider angles not because it's on the same level as Blade runner LOL. One is a dying network TV show while the other is big budget indie movie. Either way I don't think you can deny that the show got a budget increase. can't wait for this season :ilv:

Good news on the Amy Acker front:
With the new season of The Gifted on the way, I know you have something to get me excited! What will make my jaw drop? –Keith
Caitlin channeling a chiseled Sarah Connor sends my jaw south, and it sounds like we’ll get a bit of that. As Amy Acker told me the other day, “We got the script for the first episode [of Season 2], and it said ‘Six months later, Caitlin’s face is hardened by grief, her body is hardened by six months of intense training’ — and I was like, ‘Uhhhh… someone could have mentioned that to me!,” seeing as she only had five days to get pumping some iron. As for the now-infamous rumor of Caitlin swinging some steel, “That has yet to come to fruition,” Acker clarified. “But I paid for sword-fighting lessons, so I feel like we’ve got to do something, right?” (via TVLine)

Did not expect the mystery lady from last season to have those powers.

Emma Dumont shared the Season 2 banner on Twitter.

DlYZt0fXoAABzx5.jpg

Only a week left, more like 6 days until Tuesday. So glad it's premiering earlier than everyone else. :D

They are airing the 2 hr season 1 finale tonight starting at 8 PM Eastern time

Season 2 Episode 1 is available as an exclusive premiere on playstation plus until Sept 23rd. Just watched it and it was awesome! Season 2 is off to a great start!

Binged season 1 in prep for season 2. I am ready.

I have seen a lot of the producers talk about how they are going to go into Lorna's origins. I wonder if the Acolytes will be introduced. A Magneto cult sounds quite interesting to add.

Hey, since Erik isn't around, if there's a Magneto cult and no king around, maybe Lorna becomes the queen and that's how she gets the head piece.

Baseless speculation, I know.

Who is the women leading the Cuckoos supposed to be? That had better not be their interpretation of Emma Frost!!

Whew. Scared me for a minute! I had a fear Emma was going the way of Nick Fury :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"