The Gifted The Gifted ratings thread

well that is good news.

Fortunately I think the mid season holding pattern for The Gifted is over. The last two eps were risky as teen romance arcs are typically not exactly popular with rare exceptions with adult viewers.

It didn’t go fractional and if next week doesn’t as well it has a strong argument on its hiatus for the Fall to be reupped when one takes into account as well it’s C + 3 and C + 7 numbers which also bring in ad cash well over preforms other shows with similar live ratings.

http://adage.com/article/media/c7-c3-tv-ratings-good-doctor/311280/

Last edited:
The need to drop the family drama and focus more on the young adult *****. I think the audience will respond better to that.

I'm personally sick of the Struckers as a family. I'm hoping they break up some how. Reed getting killed off, Andy joining an extremist group. Kate and Lauren getting stuck in the middle.

And I think they need to up the name value of some of the mutants. I'm all for creating new characters, but there's plenty of C list mutants they can use. Starting with the whole of GenX. Monet, Skin, Penance, Chamber etc.

They could bring them into the show as a rival underground group with ties to the xmen that are in hiding or something.

It doesn't matter. The Gifted should be performing above average in my opinion. While the Bachelor and Lucifer aren't new shows.

Post renewal a good example of the difference between the prediction sites. Each were after episode 11 and immediately prior to the renewal announcement. The first one is based on live TV ratings alone.

final%20predictions%20fox%20ratings.png~original

The second based on Live plus 7 which uses delayed DVR watching where the show tends to about double its live viewership.

end.jpg~original

What we didn't know was other platforms viewership like Hulu and on that it was up another 50% from live.

Clearly for it to matter, it would have to be an 8.4 million average!

But still, joking aside, those are good numbers and right now, there's a lot more factored into viewership outside of the live, Day 1 views.

Eh, you're thinkin' too traditionally, too old school.

How's an average of 8.3 million viewers across all platforms, and the #3 new drama of the 2017-2018 season grab ya?

tumblr_laaaehza9a1qd9jlto1_500.jpg

#3 new drama and it earned 0.7... X-Files got 1.2 this week and that's a very old show. I don't see what's the reason to celebrate.

And I was obviously referring to live viewing numbers. Not delayed viewing.

Fast National TV ratings for The Gifted last night.

The Season finale was up a whopping 42.9% in the core 18-49 year old demographic and 33.9% among all viewers live. It was on the very highest end of my realistic hopes for what the season finale could have done as in get back to around episode 3-6 ratings live.

I am sure there are smiles at Fox this afternoon looking at the numbers which most certainly justifies their decision to give the show a second season as it tells Fox that live audiences who felt part of the season dragged were willing to give the show another chance and at least that many and likely more will be willing to for the season 2 start.

ae_1.jpg~original

Even without its usual around 100% added DVR numbers and an additional 50% extra other platforms viewership a 1.0 season average live on its own is for Fox more then enough to justify renewal for a show as long as its not vastly under preforming its lead in.

If the show hadn't got renewal early the live numbers for the finale would have sealed the deal.

This is going to be spun to be bad somehow by a certain member...

Well, despite being 4th in the 8pm timeslot, the finale had okay numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"