The Golden Globes: Pick the Winners

Tom Hooper must be directing the show tonight too. :o

Ok first shot of the night we see Mel Gibson sitting next to RDJ. Dunno why, but that made me laugh lol.

From wiki:

Downey was able to return to the big screen only after Mel Gibson, who had been a close friend to Downey since both had co-starred in Air America, paid Downey's insurance bond for the 2003 film The Singing Detective.[40] Gibson's gamble paved the way for Downey's comeback and Downey returned to mainstream films in the mid-2000s with Gothika, for which producer Joel Silver withheld 40 percent of his salary until after production wrapped as insurance against his addictive behavior. Similar clauses have become standard in his contracts since then

I don't like Gibson, and still don't, but that's a standup move there.

Who knew that we'd have Mel Gibson to thank for the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

OMG, Teleprompter!Fail at these awards shows is like fights at a hockey game - what I'm always secretly hoping for as I watch. It kills me that they apparently didn't even recall what category they were presenting, lol.

From wiki:

Downey was able to return to the big screen only after Mel Gibson, who had been a close friend to Downey since both had co-starred in Air America, paid Downey's insurance bond for the 2003 film The Singing Detective.[40] Gibson's gamble paved the way for Downey's comeback and Downey returned to mainstream films in the mid-2000s with Gothika, for which producer Joel Silver withheld 40 percent of his salary until after production wrapped as insurance against his addictive behavior. Similar clauses have become standard in his contracts since then
Oh wow, that was veyr cool of Mel :up:

Yeah major props to Mel Gibson for that, even if I don't like him as a person.

Yes! Life of Pi!

That bodes well for the movie.

Thank god for that treacherous gay lech who stole Adele's long-term boyfriend. :up:

YES! Skyfall for the mother****in' win!

No surprise there, Adele :woot:

I was honestly very glad she won for that, the Skyfall was a great theme song good for her!

I'm sure Taylor Swift will write a song about how the Hollywood Foreign Press let her down like all of her ex-boyfriends. :o

If the song is called I'm Never, Ever Writing Another Song I will fully support that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"