The Dark Knight Rises The Greatest Quotes of the Trilogy

Bruce Malone

Superhero
Reaction score
This trilogy has been notable for having some some very memorable and all around great quotes what are some of your favorites?

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight."

"You know... You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan". But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!"

"No one cared who i was until i put on the mask"

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

"It's not just your name, sir! It's your father's name! And it's all that's left of him. Don't destroy it."

Captain Jones: I'll die before I talk.
Bane: I'm on your schedule, captain.

NECK-SNAP

Why Do We Fall? So We Can Learn to Pick Ourselves Up.
It's Not Who I Am Underneath, But What I Do That Defines Me.
Why So Serious?
If You Make Yourself More Than Just a Man, You Become Something Else Entirely... A Legend.
Some Men Can't Be Bought, Bullied, Bargained or Reasoned With... Some Men Just Want to Watch the World Burn.
The Only Morality In a Cruel World is Chance.

There are more...

Last edited:
'Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push'

"Man fear most what they cannot see" - Ra's

"You always fear, what you can't understand" - Falcone

"A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know the world hadn't ended."

"People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy and I can't do that as Bruce Wayne. As a man, I'm flesh and blood, I can be ignored, I can be destroyed but as a symbol? I can be incorruptible. I can be everlasting".

The defining quote, along with the Ra's one, of the trilogy IMO.

"Ah, so you think darkness is your ally. You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man and by then it was nothing to me but blinding."

Ra's- "You were my greatest student. It should be you standing by my side, saving the world."
Bruce- "I'll be standing where I belong. Between you and the people of Gotham."

"Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

"We thought we could be decent men in an indecent time. We were wrong. The world is cruel, and in the only morality in a cruel world is chance. Unbiased. Unprejudiced. Fair."

I could go on and on.

Last edited:
It's not about what I want, its about what's fair!

I believe what doesn't kill you, simply makes you stranger.

Last edited:
It's Not Who I Am Underneath, But What I Do That Defines Me.

"A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know the world hadn't ended."

I like to call these 'Bruce having his cake and eating it' quotes. :oldrazz:

"You have nothing, nothing to threaten me with. Nothing to do with all your strength."

Perfectly sums up why The Joker is Batman's ultimate nemesis, and Ledger's delivery was so rapturously euphoric that in that moment he epitomised everything I love about the character. I've got goosebumps just thinking of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"