The Dark Knight So Has Anyone Here Read The Dark Knight Novel? (Huge Spoilers here)

Matches Malone? Goddamn that's awesome

So, you guys want to know every single aspect of the film BEFORE you see it?

I'm absolutely mystified by this mentality. It's as if some people are so incapable of experiencing something completely fresh, and new, and RAW, that they need to know exactly what they're getting into BEFORE they experience it, because... well, they simply cannot wait for surprises, and have no ability whatsoever to delay their gratification.

For those people who've read every single spoiler, and read the novel, and watched all the clips a million times, and want to "pre-experience" as much of the film before you actually see the damn thing... I'm wondering how many of you will end up being disappointed, because, well, there was nothing left to surprise you.

(And don't tell me you won't be; there were various people here three years ago who spoiled everything about "Batman Begins" for themselves -- including reading the leaked script -- and were sad that they didn't enjoy the film as much as others who'd had some semblance of self-control.)

-- Admiral Nelson

Hey Toxin, Quick question what happens to Joker I hear he is hung from a lamp post or something???? sounds a bit lame or a bit spiderman to just hang a dangerous lunatic....does it show him in Arkham?..... and What does Charlie Malone find out about Dents dad was he a nut case like in the comic books? I read a Gotham news paper during the Viral marketing that mention Dent running for D.A and it mentioned his dad dying when he was young...

I'm absolutely mystified by this mentality. It's as if some people are so incapable of experiencing something completely fresh, and new, and RAW, that they need to know exactly what they're getting into BEFORE they experience it, because... well, they simply cannot wait for surprises, and have no ability whatsoever to delay their gratification.

For those people who've read every single spoiler, and read the novel, and watched all the clips a million times, and want to "pre-experience" as much of the film before you actually see the damn thing... I'm wondering how many of you will end up being disappointed, because, well, there was nothing left to surprise you.

(And don't tell me you won't be; there were various people here three years ago who spoiled everything about "Batman Begins" for themselves -- including reading the leaked script -- and were sad that they didn't enjoy the film as much as others who'd had some semblance of self-control.)

-- Admiral Nelson

^^^^^^
hmm Boring....

So anyone know the script for 3 yet? :grin:

oh cool stuff. thanks for the response

It was answered.

He already said that Batman uses his night vision/sonar capabilites to find Joker at the end. I think it was one of his first spoilers. Said Joker had hostages looking like his goons and some of the goons to look like hostages to confuse Batman and the police.

-- Admiral Nelson
Actually I don't like surprises very much. I'm way more fascinated by process and how they construct the story rather than trying to find out what the story actually IS the first time I watch something. (Plus I'm too easily distracted by visuals and before I know it, I'm lost. :oldrazz: )

The funny thing is, I'm aware of lots of little plot points, but I have no idea what order they go in. So watching the movie will still be a surprise. :funny:

-- Admiral Nelson

And how people experience a film matters to you why?

-- Admiral Nelson

And yet you came inside a spoiler forum and posted this in one of the most spoilery threads. I would say you are poking around here for some spoilers yourself...

As for me and my personal experience, I have absorbed every morsel I could find over the last year and already have in hand tickets to see the film 5 times before the end of the first weekend. Trust me when I tell you I will not be disappointed.

-- Admiral Nelson

You dont have to understand.

Nope, didn't read the individual threads at all in here, except for the responses to my post -- and the responses were largely juvenile (with the exception of Anita18's comment on the filmmaking "process," which is a legitimate reason, but I prefer to wait to investigate the entire process behind a film AFTER I've seen it.)

It doesn't matter to me if people want to spoil themselves; I just think it's bizarre, frankly, and I'm still willing to bet that there are people who are going to be kicking themselves that they spoiled the film too much beforehand. (There were with "Batman Begins," and various people said, "we told you so.")

Personally, I'm glad that Warners kept this film under so much secrecy and that the script didn't leak; if the sides had also remained a secret, then the majority of the film's plot points would be a complete mystery to people until they saw the film.

Enjoy your spoilers; I can wait until Friday.

-- Admiral Nelson

Nope, didn't read the individual threads at all in here, except for the responses to my post -- and the responses were largely juvenile (with the exception of Anita18's comment on the filmmaking "process," which is a legitimate reason, but I prefer to wait to investigate the entire process behind a film AFTER I've seen it.)

It doesn't matter to me if people want to spoil themselves; I just think it's bizarre, frankly, and I'm still willing to bet that there are people who are going to be kicking themselves that they spoiled the film too much beforehand. (There were with "Batman Begins," and various people said, "we told you so.")

Personally, I'm glad that Warners kept this film under so much secrecy and that the script didn't leak; if the sides had also remained a secret, then the majority of the film's plot points would be a complete mystery to people until they saw the film.

-- Admiral Nelson
I agree with you on that part, I was guilty, particularly with the ending.

And like they said earlier, what differnece is it to you if we spoil ourselves. Its our choice and decision to read spoilers, just like its your choice to not read anything til Friday. Everyone is different.

Actually I don't like surprises very much. I'm way more fascinated by process and how they construct the story rather than trying to find out what the story actually IS the first time I watch something. (Plus I'm too easily distracted by visuals and before I know it, I'm lost. :oldrazz: )

The funny thing is, I'm aware of lots of little plot points, but I have no idea what order they go in. So watching the movie will still be a surprise. :funny:

I'm the same way i've been interested to see how all these details piece together and where that'll be the most fun part of friday morning

-- Admiral Nelson

Way I see it I knew LOTR front to back before I ever saw the film. Didn't hurt my experience at all. Films shouldn't be effective because of little plot twist. Films are about how they develop in front of yours eyes on the screen. If you need to go in unspoiled to enjoy a film, then I doubt it has much replay value.

I really don't understand why people come on a spoiler thread, and yell at other people for wanting to read them. Having heard and read just about every spoiler out there, I can safely say that I am even more excited then when i knew nothing, because even though i know whats going to happen, I still dont have the visuals and dont know how everything is going to play out. Nothing can take away from the expirience of this and im sure 90
% of the people on the SPOILER forum would agree. So long story short, hush and go back to non spoiler forums and stop whining.

I really don't understand why people come on a spoiler thread, and yell at other people for wanting to read them. Having heard and read just about every spoiler out there, I can safely say that I am even more excited then when i knew nothing, because even though i know whats going to happen, I still dont have the visuals and dont know how everything is going to play out. Nothing can take away from the expirience of this and im sure 90
% of the people on the SPOILER forum would agree. So long story short, hush and go back to non spoiler forums and stop whining.

QFFT, Bro.

Spoiling the eff outta this is the only reason I made a SHH account.

yeah seriously, I"m sorry Admiral, but you have to be the biggest tool in the world to go try to go complain about people finding out spoilers in a spoiler forum, do you go to baseball games and talk about how dumb baseball is, do you go to a strip club and complain that you don't get why guys like boobs. Jeeze, I like spoilers because it's fun knowing stuff stuff, gets me mor epsyched to see how it actually unfolds. God, who goes onto a message board literally picking fights with people over something so lame.

-- Admiral Nelson

You seem awfully preachy for a guy who says "it doesn't matter to me if people want to spoil themselves". If it doesn't matter to you, why interject yourself into this thread with your opinion on the matter of spoilers, especially when no one asked you for that opinion in the first place?

Oh, and someone posting a thread containing spoilers from a novelization of a film isn't a new thing here at the Hype. It's been done for years. Why are you getting bent out of shape about this one?

Guys, he's just baiting. Don't give him the satisfaction.

Ah, but that's what's interesting - someone here asked Jonah Nolan about the sides and they were written to be leaked. They wanted us to find them, for some reason or another.

Think of it as the BB script leak, except more controlled. :oldrazz:

-- Admiral Nelson

Sigh....I expect posts like this from idiot newbs....youve been here five years...you really should know better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"