The Gunga Diner

Hey, we're all rootin' fer you over here at SHH Jackie, ya shortassed fugly freak, ya!

I wonder if that's how Snyder-Man sold the part to him?:
Y' know, you're so awesomely short and creepy lookin' and just plain f uckin' ugly, dude... you'd be, y'know, f uckin' cool for Rorschach, man.

Can't wait to see the ginger wig 'n' freckles look. Hey - c'mon, you Photoshop manip maestros, you!

I just bought the comic con poster on E-Bay.

It will look great on my new college wall.

You guys should check out www.watchmencomicmovie.com, if you haven't already that is. They have a message board there that's just starting up (not saying we should abandon ship here), and they get the latest news on all things Watchmen pretty darn quick. Now get your butts over there!:cmad:

Nice! :yay: Very extensive site. They have all sorts of news on the movie... Thanx...

Cool :up:

Also, I'm watching Little Children, I have complete faith in these actors right now. This movie is a complete work of genius.

Cool :up:

Also, I'm watching Little Children, I have complete faith in these actors right now. This movie is a complete work of genius.

Yeah, both Wilson and Haley were good, especially Wilson as the hunky and boyish Brad. Damn, he's gonna be really sweet as Dan. Cant imagine him all pudgy and worn looking though. Pudgy, glasses, mullet, non-hunky and depressed. Hehe, that's hilarious.

And Haley is just so fragile looking. I really cant imagine him as intimidating. He has to twist his voice somewhat to be creepy enough.

But :up: to their casting...

IDK I thought Jackie was creepy. Just the way he looks and his body language.

i'm not big into dressing up in costumes in public, cosplay, as they call it, but for TDK i want to dress like the joker since the joker is pretty much my favorite character of all time, but rorschach is another character i wouldn't mind dressing up as. anyone out there plan on going as rorschach to see the watchmen movie?

I really, really, really want to build up my muscle definition enough to go as Doctor Manhattan.

If not I am going as Rorschach.

I want to go as some obscure Batman character, like Vernon or Maxie Zeus for TDK, but if I can find a purple suit, the Joker would be easy...now that Nolan has made him just a man in makeup anyway :( :down

My friend is doing makeup/fx on this movie. I asked him a few days ago if he knew anything about what Watchmen is and he said "it's a comic". I was like "Dude, it's like THE comic".

My friend is doing makeup/fx on this movie. I asked him a few days ago if he knew anything about what Watchmen is and he said "it's a comic". I was like "Dude, it's like THE comic".
heh. you should make him read it before shooting gets underway.

I really, really, really want to build up my muscle definition enough to go as Doctor Manhattan.

The general public is going to think you're a lost member of the Blue Man Group.

Screw your muscle definition, you can pull off Dr. Manhattan wearing a suit and not have to paint as much. That's better than having to walk around in just nuthuggers and body paint for hours.

IT BEGINS!!!!! They filmed a scene. A christmas party. I don't have the book right now. Wasn't there a christmas party where manhattan met the comedian for the first time? or i wonder if this is the minutemen christmas party.

The general public is going to think you're a lost member of the Blue Man Group.

Screw your muscle definition, you can pull off Dr. Manhattan wearing a suit and not have to paint as much. That's better than having to walk around in just nuthuggers and body paint for hours.
that's true. you get one of those zentai suits and paint your head, and it would actually look pretty decent for a fansuit.

IT BEGINS!!!!! They filmed a scene. A christmas party. I don't have the book right now. Wasn't there a christmas party where manhattan met the comedian for the first time? or i wonder if this is the minutemen christmas party.

I don't think its a scene from the book, but rather a scene of one of Andy Warhol's famous (or infamous) parties at "The Factory". It'll most likely be a part of the opening credits montage.

I don't think its a scene from the book, but rather a scene of one of Andy Warhol's famous (or infamous) parties at "The Factory". It'll most likely be a part of the opening credits montage.
hmm. that makes it a lot more lame then...

i could see these montages, or this one montage, i dont know how many they have planned, being kinda stupid. i hope it serves a legitimate purpose.

i just want opening credits that show panels of the comic and then the first scene being the comedian in his apartment, someone breaking in and throwing him out the window. is that too much to ask?

there's no way to judge at all. If Snyder is as safe as he was with 300, he won't be directing the movie at all. He'll just be tracing.

But...whats the point of Dr. Manhattan if he is not naked?

Glowing Blue Super Penis!

Speaking of the Gunga Diner... has anybody actually seen Gunga Din? It's kind of cool but really dated. Tons of stuff in it was ripped for Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

Speaking of Glowing Blue Super Penis...has anybody seen the old "Manhattan Penis" thread? It was the most popular topic. Now it seems to have disappeared, perhaps facing its Doom.

I don't know why I felt like emulating larryfilmmaker's post most previous to this one, but it made typing this more enjoyable in that oh so currious way.

Doesn't principal photography start today? :yay:

those guys over at the watchmencomicmovie website totally stole my gunga diner idea. basically. i mean pretty much. they totally did. a-sholes.

those guys over at the watchmencomicmovie website totally stole my gunga diner idea. basically. i mean pretty much. they totally did. a-sholes.

any you stole the idea from what? The Batusi Lounge.

Who started that Batusi Lounge?

His name rhymes with ForminMorman :ninja:

Though to be fair I stole the idea from the Hype Lounge, and stole the idea that it was okay to post in a topic room from Smallville. But since none of those original creators are here, I will take (naturally) full credit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"