The Gunga Diner

Luchastyle

is awesome
Reaction score
Ignore the other Gunga Diner. This is THE Gunga Diner. This is a place for general Watchmen discussion. Comparisons of book to film and just a place to hang out and converse while the news is slow.

Tandoori to go.

Ya know what I'm *really* looking forward to? Rorschach's mask animating. That and the detailing of his costume. If they can manage to pull of that filthy-smelly-hasn't-bathed-in-a-month-musty look complete with stains and grime all over his jacket, along with the perfectly animating "squishy face," I'll be one happy camper.:D

yeah, that mask will be really cool. but as far as i know, it's not continuously moving, but only changes with his expression. it should be cool to see. and his trenchcoat should be dirty and look like it smells. i hope they don't make him too crisp looking. this is a dirty, grimy individual, and i hope the film reflects that. i am anxiously awaiting the first official shot of rorschach, even if my number one choice didn't get the role.

yeah, that mask will be really cool. but as far as i know, it's not continuously moving, but only changes with his expression. it should be cool to see. and his trenchcoat should be dirty and look like it smells. i hope they don't make him too crisp looking. this is a dirty, grimy individual, and i hope the film reflects that. i am anxiously awaiting the first official shot of rorschach, even if my number one choice didn't get the role.

I wonder if they'll actually make it look like ink between two sheets.

Who was your choice for Rorschach, btw?

well i wanted to see Doug Hutchison, i know there were plenty of others who were rooting for him. And my other choice was Brad Dourif.

Brad Dourif... that would've been good; I'm surprised that never occurred to me.

I have to admit I had to look up who Hutchison was.

yeah nobody ever mentioned him. but then one night i saw the episode of x-files he was in again, and then one flew over the cuckoo's nest was on. and i was thinking, he's a good rorschach. right age, right intensity, right look. he had it all.

So what is this, just a random Watchmen related discussion thread?

Anyways, I want to see this image on the big screen:
baker.jpg

I am currently working on a painting of a Rorschach panel from Watchmen - if I can find the specific panel, I will show which one.

Should be cool to see Norman, hope you can get a picture online when you are finish.

I watched those Comic-Con videos and i like the way snyder talks about watchmen. i was with most other people in thinking he doesn't have the sense to do a watchmen movie. but one thing i especially liked that he said was about rorschach's scene climbing up to comedian's apartment and how he was going to shoot it. he said he just shoot it as it is. if you look at that scene and you don't shoot it like that, then you're just full of sh-t. that's so true, no matter how much moore denies it, the majority of watchmen can transfer directly to film. as far as the shots go anyway. so i don't know, it's looking more and more like snyder has very good intentions for this movie. and we all know it won't be "perfect" but i said somewhere else before. it might be the kind of movie that would have been good if the book didn't exist. so if it's just a good film, maybe it will convince the uninitiated to actually read the book. so i'm starting to have more faith. just starting though.

Tandoori to go.

Ya know what I'm *really* looking forward to? Rorschach's mask animating. That and the detailing of his costume. If they can manage to pull of that filthy-smelly-hasn't-bathed-in-a-month-musty look complete with stains and grime all over his jacket, along with the perfectly animating "squishy face," I'll be one happy camper.:D

yeah, i'm really curious how they're gonna go about Rorshach's mask, are they actually gonna create it the way it was described in the comic or are they gonna use CG to animate it, using that as a canvass to emphasize emotions going on in the scene? cant wait :up:

yeah, i'm really curious how they're gonna go about Rorshach's mask, are they actually gonna create it the way it was described in the comic or are they gonna use CG to animate it, using that as a canvass to emphasize emotions going on in the scene? cant wait :up:

well there is no material that can do that in real life obviously. what they could do is create a mask for each emotion. and then use cg to animate inbetween.

i imagine the fluidity of a lava lamp, but if he goes from no expression quickly to being intrigued or angry, i could see it going quite fast, as fast as the actual expression. no matter what, the mask moving will be one of the coolest things to see in live action. that's gotta be in a trailer

So, what would be your ultimate "fetish" scene that you would like to see in the movie?

So, what would be your ultimate "fetish" scene that you would like to see in the movie?

hmm...having just lent out the book today, i wish i could flip through it looking for a frivolously cool scene, but offhand, personally, i don't know, it's hard to say which scenes aren't technically "necessary" but a scene i always thought was funny was when rorschach first goes to see laurie and manhattan and manhattan sends him outside. it was somethin like "i'm not leaving until--" and then he's suddenly outside. i always thought that was funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"