• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Gunga Diner

Thought I'd post this in here...

I have an endorsement-deal with the japanese guitarcompany Caparison and YES!!! they just agreed to make me my very own Manhattan-guitar.
I'll call it the Manhattan Blue I think, hehe.

It'll be a quite simple design, though. Simple and to the point, so I dont think there'll be any legal issues either. Yes, those are clock-inlays on the fretboard which happens to be their standard look. Very fitting... :yay:

dellinger220problack.jpg

I have an endorsement-deal with the japanese guitarcompany Caparison and YES!!! they just agreed to make me my very own Manhattan-guitar.

It'll be a quite simple design, though. Simple and to the point, so I dont think there'll be any legal issues either. Yes, those are clock-inlays on the fretboard which happens to be their standard look. Very fitting... :yay:

dellinger220problack.jpg

Throw in a blue penis strap and I will buy 3. :wow:

I'll tell'em...:oldrazz:

That guitar is a thing of beauty.

and on the subject of Rorschacs mask;

That Gnarls video makes it seamless.

and I'm not sure why, but I always imagined us never actually SEEING how it moves, never really seeing it in motion, just knowing that it does
like cutting from scene to scene with a certain look on the face.

Another idea I had is to maybe have actual images in some of rorschacs face.
Just some more creepy symbolization thrown in there for good measure. hah

I think it'll have to move in order for it to work on camera. I think part of what makes him freaky is that, even when his face is still, the blots still sort of squirm and wiggly around a bit in an "idle" state.

They do some actual images in the comic. When he's being beaten by the SWAT team, and he's asking "who's done this to me?!" his mask has two question marks on it. And at the end, right after Laurie and Dan are about to make love at Karnak, we cut to a shot of the silhouetted bodies of two people kissing.

I've also read that when he says "Joking, of course," at the end his face is supposed to resemble that of a laughing/smiling clown.

The ink in the mask largely moves as he changes his facial expression if I understand correctly, so I guess having the ink move constantly would ruin the purpose of the fabric and the "translation" of the mask. And it would just look plain silly in the long run.

So like mentioned above it would be cool if the mask changed in between cuts and only certain key-scenes or close-ups we would see the ink actually changing. That would work far more creepy, I think.

dellinger220problack.jpg

Really, is something like this for sale?

Really, is something like this for sale?

I'm not sure, but I guess they'll put it up in the catalogue (a snazzy pic of me with it:)) when it's done. I'm not one of their bigger artists, so maybe they're just gonna do this one guitar. But maybe if there are potential buyers they can do a couple more.
It wont go into production until november though.

Rust, you gotta let me know...I usually rock my Les Pauls on stage, my personal style...other guitars seem to 'sporty' for me, but I would rock that thing wherever I'd go...

Please PM me the details or contact info so I can pick one up!!!!

So, what would be your ultimate "fetish" scene that you would like to see in the movie?
I would love to see how the scene is handled in the film where Jon drops the photograph on Mars and has the whole flashback thing. Really gets into how he percieves time and space. It'll be great on film.

But to me, the whole thing is moot if Veidt dies...

I would love to see how the scene is handled in the film where Jon drops the photograph on Mars and has the whole flashback thing. Really gets into how he percieves time and space. It'll be great on film.

But to me, the whole thing is moot if Veidt dies...
that seems to be how everyone feels, me included

The ink in the mask largely moves as he changes his facial expression if I understand correctly, so I guess having the ink move constantly would ruin the purpose of the fabric and the "translation" of the mask. And it would just look plain silly in the long run.

So like mentioned above it would be cool if the mask changed in between cuts and only certain key-scenes or close-ups we would see the ink actually changing. That would work far more creepy, I think.

i never thought of rorschach as creepy. i thought of him more as frightening, which are two different things. i figured he's like a noir detective, or even like batman. he's the guy who will do whatever it takes to get his answers. but i don't think he's supposed to be creepy. i could be wrong though.

Who watches the Watchmen?

Is it Jimbo, Officer Barbrady, Mr. Garrison...

i doubt it.
What makes you so sure? The studio trusts him and he seems to want to get it right. He wanted the Black Freighter story in the film. If he wants even that, i'm sure he'd also want the ending.

What makes you so sure? The studio trusts him and he seems to want to get it right. He wanted the Black Freighter story in the film. If he wants even that, i'm sure he'd also want the ending.

i agree. i think if he is enthusiastic enough, the studio will understand the importance of an open ending. leaves people thinking. veidt alive and the portly kid left with the option of using rorschach's journal as a front page story. i think snyder will fight for the real ending. and i think he will win that fight. and that will be one more step to making the original fans happy, and keeping the spirit alive.

i agree. i think if he is enthusiastic enough, the studio will understand the importance of an open ending. leaves people thinking. veidt alive and the portly kid left with the option of using rorschach's journal as a front page story. i think snyder will fight for the real ending. and i think he will win that fight. and that will be one more step to making the original fans happy, and keeping the spirit alive.

He has to. All WB-execs have to do is read the damn thing...

dude jackie earle haley is so hideous. that makes me SO happy :yay:

dude jackie earle haley is so hideous. that makes me SO happy :yay:

he is indeed hideous. i'll give him that. it would be hard to find an uglier actor. he was hideous 30 years ago in breaking away. but now, fuhgettabottit.

He's the perfect height as well. I can't think of better casting. What's especially creepy is here you have this smelly little guy, who's basically fearless, and everyone is afraid of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"