The "Heroes vs. Villains: Marvel" RPG Season VII

thorlogosb6.gif

Suddenly out powered and out gunned, Doctor Pym can do nothing but back up slowly as his brilliant mind tries to find a way out of his predicament.

He has barely begun the process when the threatening Ultron robot's head explodes into a million pieces and mystical Mjolnir crashes through it.

The Ultron collapses in a heap while the sacred mallet continues along its path and strikes Kurse in the chest and literally carries him away.

Where Kurse had just been standing, Balder works his way shakily to his feet, his face bruised and his lips ruined and Pym quickly turns his attention to Thor as the thunder god shouts his name.

"Go into the mountain with Balder Henry! The Enchantress awaits you!"

"But what about all of you?" The founding Avenger asks desperately while gesturing to the Asgardian warriors mustered here and now fighting for their lives.

"Go Pym!" Thor commands just before Gladiator closes on him again and unleashes a series of ultra fast punches to his face, denting his helmet, shaking his teeth, and slamming his head again and again into the tree behind him.

Pym grits his teeth as he watches the terrifying exchange but quickly goes into action as Balder approaches him.

"Quickly Doctor, the enemy is upon us!" The Golden one declares while Pym stoops over and touches the fallen Ultron before him.

The ruined robotic husk suddenly shrinks to no more than an inch in size as Pym retrieves a small adamantium capsule from his belt and uses a pair of tweazers to deposit his catch inside.

"I need to study it if we're going to have any chance." he explains to Balder before joining him in running back towards the stronghold.

Two fearsome looking warriors quickly open the heavy gate as the pair approach and let them pass through before sealing it behind them, while in the courtyard and beyond the battles intensify as more and more of Ultron's forces appear on the scene.

And all the while Gladiator continues to pummel Thor, who appears to have been timing Gladiator's blows up to this point because he suddenly throws out his hand and and catches Gladiator's fist in mid blow and delivers a fierce head butt to his opponent.

The blow seems to stagger Gladiator but he recovers quickly only to have Thor slam a fist into his nose followed by a kick to the gut.

"Futile Thor." The Gladiator says in Ultron's voice "You can not hope to defeat me. This unit will be your end."
Gladiator's eyes then light up and he is about to fire at his opponent when the rapidly returning Mjolnir, having built up incredible speed over distance at Thor's behest, slammed into the back of his head with terrible fury and a deafening thunder clap.

There was a wet crunch as the hammer cracked the Guardsmen's nigh invulnerable skull and caused him to drop to all fours before finding its way into Thor's waiting hands.

Without hesitation the Thunderer hoisted his mallet above his head and brought it crashing down on the top of Gladiator's head.

Gladiator collapsed to the ground, barely alive, with blood seeping from the terrible wounds to his head and Thor breathed deeply before removing his ruined helmet and tossing it into the snow then spitting on the ground to empty of his mouth of his own blood.

"Forgive me Gladiator, for this is war and I have not the time for mercy." he has time to say to his fallen foe before a sound not unlike that of a whistling bomb drop heralds the return of Kurse.

The enormous warrior raises his fists and charges the Lord of Asgard who grips his magical weapon tightly and rushes forward to meet the charge.​

568052-thor_odinson_38_super.jpg

A giant metallic tendril rained down from the sky crashing down in the sky knocking Kurse and Thor down. The tendril grabbed Thor and threw him into the air. Thor quickly regain his composure before being bombard with a multitude of adamantium arms springs from the tendril.

"THOR!"
The voice boomed across from the sky. A giant massive structure could be seen through the clouds. A thousand red eyes cut through the clouds, all staring at Thor. Steel structures shot out from the main structure at Thor, surrounding him. All of them opened with Ultron hanging down on steel wires like marionettes. They buzzed to left and went straight for Thor attacking him.

"You have the power of a god but your brother always said you never had the brains."
A row of Ultron said.

"You can not defeat/overcome/beat Ultron/us." Another row spoke as they pummeled Thor.

Another few rows went in for the kill, "Chances of defeat for Thor/Asgardians/Aesir.....ERROR....." They looked at each other for a moment and went back to beating up Thor.

"WEAPONS SYSTEM ACTIVATING. NEGATIVE ZONE PROJECTOR WILL BE ONLINE-99% REMAINING" An Ultron grabbed Thor and tried to restrain him.

"If we can not beat you. We will damn you."

Whatever Happened to the Ironed Avenger?

Warning!

Life Support-Offline

Power Supply-0%

Suit's power function will go offline

I see the light. The sun broke into my office around 8 AM. I close my eyes for a few seconds and reopen them. Floating holographic screens fly around and plans for new suits are scattered around the room.

"Good morning, sir." Jarvis walks into the office carrying a tray of breakfast.

"It is a good morning."
I say as I sit behind my desk and push some papers aside. Jarvis places the tray down.

"I see you got plenty of sleep last night."

"Jarvis, I can't sleep. I've spent too much time in a prison. I need to make up for lost time."

"And what of this, sir." He holds up the blueprints of the new and improved Iron Man suit. "Are you going to continue to fly around in your ridiculous suit."

"I wished you wouldn't call it ridiculous."

"You look like a tin can...with all due respect."

"Well the short answer is yes. Iron Man will live on."

It is all black. I'm not in my normal armor but my first one. I can hear a faint voice coming from somewhere.

"tony....can you hear...me" I crawl toward it. A strong force pulls upon me. It begins to strip pieces of armor over and I can fell the pain stinging my skin.

A giant green fist knocks the Golden Avenger into the air. The golden plated Iron Man falls into a mountain side.

"HULK HATE TIN CAN MAN! HULK SMASH TIN CAN MAN!" The green goliath leaps into the air and lands next to Iron Man, picking him up, and smashing him into the ground.

"Look maybe we can talk this over?"

"NO TALKING! HULK WANT TO SMASH!"

"Ok, sorry Hulk but you leave me no choice."
The Hulk picks Iron Man back up. "Uni-beam activated." A large beam of energy erupts from Iron Man into Hulk's face.

In the shadows again. I'm on my hands on knees crawling toward the voice. Something in my in my gut tells me to head for it no matter what. Fight through the pain.

I'm in my office again. Its night now, not a star in the sky. I think pile of puke over there. Bottle of alcohols litter the room and all over my desk. I slump over in a chair and grab a bottle.

"Sir." Jarvis calls emotionless from the door.

"What?!" I yell back.

"I'm going to take my leave."

"Do whatever the hell you want! I...I don't care." Jarvis had left and two figures are floating over my head now. One is the headless body of Obadiah Stane and the other is person who attacked me early. They are laughing.

"You have failed yourself as a hero....Stark." They speak in unison. "You have failed everyone, Starkkkkkkkkk."

"no"

"Admit it Stark. You are a failure."

"NO!"
I throw the bottle across the room. Shattering everything in the office. It turns once again to black.

"Tony, man. Wake up!"

I continue to crawl. I notice that skin is flying off of me. I can see bone. The armor is completely gone.

A legion of Iron Men marched down the street. Bones and bodies litter the path. Nothing will be the Iron Man. Giant suits of armor fly through the air scanning the ground.

"I am Iron Man." I raise Thor's hammer into the air. They we're never friends. They are the enemy. A bony arm grabs my leg.

"Tonnnyy?"

"S...steve?" The corpse of my fellow Avengers stand up from the rubble.

"
H
ave you come to join use, Tony? Here in hell with us?"

"No....I will never become this."
I say, dropping the hammer.

"You will control everything! You rule everything under your iron hand. Anything you want, you will get. No more having to be some stupid hero, you will be a ruler."

"Never. I am an Avenger."

"Hah!" He readies his shield. No longer stands the zombie Captain America but the man who attacked me eariler.

"Here, let me show you." I activate my boosters, flying straight toward him. I tackle him and crash through some rubble.

Once again I'm crawling. I am nothing more than muscle and bones but I reach out.

Back up System online

The light comes back and standing over me is an old friend. He is fully draped in his armor.

"Rhodey?"

"Don't just lay there! We have work to do."

WAR JOURNAL VOL 3 ENTRY 1: I was always curious what it would look like if a man had a live grenade jammed in his mouth. And with a bang and splatter, I now know.
Tonight’s raid was just too thin forces, a standard maneuver on my part.
I ware them thin, cut off the arms and legs so when I go for the head I’ll see little to no resistance… And if the mood strikes me I can take my time. Maim, torture, brake, not just massacre.
That’s what tonight was. A slaughter.
Privet residence in the Bronx, not far from the butcher shop my father would by chops at when I was kid… It’s a meth lab now... I’ll get to them.
The apartment building is more like a barracks, filled with saggy pants street thugs. Guys who like to walk and talk like they’re invincible with there “gats” tucked in their pants, murder’s and rapes tattooed on their arms. An notch on the shoulder for each act of violence, modern day head hunters.
During my recon I spotted two things that were a point of interest, two things I had to take into account before I cleaned house.

1. Big f***er: The guy was the residential boogeyman. He wasn’t the head of the house, but he was the guy that I need to worry about. He had notch’s up and down his whole arm, but that wasn’t the worst of it. Ex Marine Core. Said so on his arm “USMC, Semper fi.” Neatly written around a rotting skull.

2. Meat Shields: Street gangs started to get wise. They know I won’t kill innocents. They know I wont even risk it. They’ve started to move their drop out girlfriends and kids into their operations. Deal out of their living rooms, well there kids watch Seasme Street.

Taking those two things into account, I plan my operation meticulously. I learn the layout of the place by braking a coke heads fingers… Separating his jaw was to keep him quite…
I knew where the kids rooms were, I knew who was sucking whose dick, I new where they kept the coke and who would be awake when things went to hell.
It starts with the Big ****er. I came in through his bedroom window on the third floor, using the fire escape as my access point. I have my knife drawn before I even reach his bed side.
I knew if I sliced open his throat he’d have a death rattle that would end up with me wrestling a blood soaked silver back, and half the place woken by the screams of his 17 year old girlfriend. So I opted to just drive my knife through his temple as quick as possible.
I then proceeded into the living room, passed out in front of the static of the TV is kid who likes to play adult. Powder still on his nose, Mac 10 on the table in front of him… I’m bad at guessing ages, I’d label him in his mid teens though.
I bet he had hopes and dreams… Delusions of who and what he was going to become. I think they all do. They all see themselves being bigger and better, something worth while, wearing a fur coat two body guards in suits at their side. They lay in front of the snowy TV at night thinking, “I’m a good guy, I deserve better.” But they don’t. They deserve what they get, they deserve what I give them.
The silenced pistol works as good as my knife at keeping things quiet.

To be continued...:unishr:

Whatever Happened to the Ironed Avenger?

Warning!

Life Support-Offline

Power Supply-0%

Suit's power function will go offline

I see the light. The sun broke into my office around 8 AM. I close my eyes for a few seconds and reopen them. Floating holographic screens fly around and plans for new suits are scattered around the room.

"Good morning, sir." Jarvis walks into the office carrying a tray of breakfast.

"It is a good morning."
I say as I sit behind my desk and push some papers aside. Jarvis places the tray down.

"I see you got plenty of sleep last night."

"Jarvis, I can't sleep. I've spent too much time in a prison. I need to make up for lost time."

"And what of this, sir." He holds up the blueprints of the new and improved Iron Man suit. "Are you going to continue to fly around in your ridiculous suit."

"I wished you wouldn't call it ridiculous."

"You look like a tin can...with all due respect."

"Well the short answer is yes. Iron Man will live on."

It is all black. I'm not in my normal armor but my first one. I can hear a faint voice coming from somewhere.

"tony....can you hear...me" I crawl toward it. A strong force pulls upon me. It begins to strip pieces of armor over and I can fell the pain stinging my skin.

A giant green fist knocks the Golden Avenger into the air. The golden plated Iron Man falls into a mountain side.

"HULK HATE TIN CAN MAN! HULK SMASH TIN CAN MAN!" The green goliath leaps into the air and lands next to Iron Man, picking him up, and smashing him into the ground.

"Look maybe we can talk this over?"

"NO TALKING! HULK WANT TO SMASH!"

"Ok, sorry Hulk but you leave me no choice."
The Hulk picks Iron Man back up. "Uni-beam activated." A large beam of energy erupts from Iron Man into Hulk's face.

In the shadows again. I'm on my hands on knees crawling toward the voice. Something in my in my gut tells me to head for it no matter what. Fight through the pain.

I'm in my office again. Its night now, not a star in the sky. I think pile of puke over there. Bottle of alcohols litter the room and all over my desk. I slump over in a chair and grab a bottle.

"Sir." Jarvis calls emotionless from the door.

"What?!" I yell back.

"I'm going to take my leave."

"Do whatever the hell you want! I...I don't care." Jarvis had left and two figures are floating over my head now. One is the headless body of Obadiah Stane and the other is person who attacked me early. They are laughing.

"You have failed yourself as a hero....Stark." They speak in unison. "You have failed everyone, Starkkkkkkkkk."

"no"

"Admit it Stark. You are a failure."

"NO!"
I throw the bottle across the room. Shattering everything in the office. It turns once again to black.

"Tony, man. Wake up!"

I continue to crawl. I notice that skin is flying off of me. I can see bone. The armor is completely gone.

A legion of Iron Men marched down the street. Bones and bodies litter the path. Nothing will be the Iron Man. Giant suits of armor fly through the air scanning the ground.

"I am Iron Man." I raise Thor's hammer into the air. They we're never friends. They are the enemy. A bony arm grabs my leg.

"Tonnnyy?"

"S...steve?" The corpse of my fellow Avengers stand up from the rubble.

"
H
ave you come to join use, Tony? Here in hell with us?"

"No....I will never become this."
I say, dropping the hammer.

"You will control everything! You rule everything under your iron hand. Anything you want, you will get. No more having to be some stupid hero, you will be a ruler."

"Never. I am an Avenger."

"Hah!" He readies his shield. No longer stands the zombie Captain America but the man who attacked me eariler.

"Here, let me show you." I activate my boosters, flying straight toward him. I tackle him and crash through some rubble.

Once again I'm crawling. I am nothing more than muscle and bones but I reach out.

Back up System online

The light comes back and standing over me is an old friend. He is fully draped in his armor.

"Rhodey?"

"Don't just lay there! We have work to do."

I struggled back to my feet. How long have I've been out? The sun was now out. Last time I was awake it was pitch black. The last I seen Rhodey he was dead. He had attacked me in the White House.

"Rhodey....last time I saw you..." He raises his hand into the air.

"Long story for another time."

"What's the situation? It's that little creep that attacked me?"

"A squad of your D-List scumbags have holed themselves up Midtown. But that isn't the worst part. It's Stark Tower,its being held hostage by someone we can't identify." I knew right away that it was the person who tried to kill me. "He's got a 4th grade class and a senator."

"What is S.H.I.E.L.D doing?"

"S.H.I.E.L.D's gone, Tony. Fury was able to round a few of us. Whatever is left is nothing more than a fringe group."

"We need to do something."

"Damn straight we do."

"Do you think you can take Midtown?"

"Your D-listers? No problem. What about you?"

"I'm going to get my company back. This suit's power is almost done. I'm going to have to built a new one."

"Just like old times.'

"Just like old times." I repeat before we both blast off into the air. Rhodey heads toward Midtown while I'm off to one of secret safe houses.Part of the roof opens up and I land inside. The lights turn on and I get to work.

WAR JOURNAL VOL 3 ENTRY 1: I was always curious what it would look like if a man had a live grenade jammed in his mouth. And with a bang and splatter, I now know.
Tonight’s raid was just too thin forces, a standard maneuver on my part.
I ware them thin, cut off the arms and legs so when I go for the head I’ll see little to no resistance… And if the mood strikes me I can take my time. Maim, torture, brake, not just massacre.
That’s what tonight was. A slaughter.
Privet residence in the Bronx, not far from the butcher shop my father would by chops at when I was kid… It’s a meth lab now... I’ll get to them.
The apartment building is more like a barracks, filled with saggy pants street thugs. Guys who like to walk and talk like they’re invincible with there “gats” tucked in their pants, murder’s and rapes tattooed on their arms. An notch on the shoulder for each act of violence, modern day head hunters.
During my recon I spotted two things that were a point of interest, two things I had to take into account before I cleaned house.

1. Big f***er: The guy was the residential boogeyman. He wasn’t the head of the house, but he was the guy that I need to worry about. He had notch’s up and down his whole arm, but that wasn’t the worst of it. Ex Marine Core. Said so on his arm “USMC, Semper fi.” Neatly written around a rotting skull.

2. Meat Shields: Street gangs started to get wise. They know I won’t kill innocents. They know I wont even risk it. They’ve started to move their drop out girlfriends and kids into their operations. Deal out of their living rooms, well there kids watch Seasme Street.

Taking those two things into account, I plan my operation meticulously. I learn the layout of the place by braking a coke heads fingers… Separating his jaw was to keep him quite…
I knew where the kids rooms were, I knew who was sucking whose dick, I new where they kept the coke and who would be awake when things went to hell.
It starts with the Big ****er. I came in through his bedroom window on the third floor, using the fire escape as my access point. I have my knife drawn before I even reach his bed side.
I knew if I sliced open his throat he’d have a death rattle that would end up with me wrestling a blood soaked silver back, and half the place woken by the screams of his 17 year old girlfriend. So I opted to just drive my knife through his temple as quick as possible.
I then proceeded into the living room, passed out in front of the static of the TV is kid who likes to play adult. Powder still on his nose, Mac 10 on the table in front of him… I’m bad at guessing ages, I’d label him in his mid teens though.
I bet he had hopes and dreams… Delusions of who and what he was going to become. I think they all do. They all see themselves being bigger and better, something worth while, wearing a fur coat two body guards in suits at their side. They lay in front of the snowy TV at night thinking, “I’m a good guy, I deserve better.” But they don’t. They deserve what they get, they deserve what I give them.
The silenced pistol works as good as my knife at keeping things quiet.

To be continued...:unishr:

[FONT=&quot] I give a single tap to the “sentry” sleeping up right in a chair in hall, and commandeer his weapon.
He was so out of it I get close enough to press the tip of my silencer against his head. I splattered his dreams against the wall, creating a Jackson Pollock like image on the dulled wall paper.
The next apartment door is wide open. One foot over the other I enter, treading softly.
Kids room is on the left, I shut the door and jam a chair from the kitchen under the door knob to secure them in the room.
The mother and father are still very much awake... She’d have a hard time sleeping considering what he was doing to her.
She looses it when she realizes that warm thing he splattered all over her back was blood and not...
That’s when the alarm goes off. She screams a list of profanities, that I choose to ignore.
This was planed.
I was a father, I know that despite what these men think and do, they will protect these kids first and foremost. They’ll tell them to run, hide, search for cover. And they will. Because they know from what they hear from they’re fathers, from all the stories that go around this neighborhood that I am the scariest thing out there.
I positioned myself off to the side of the door across the hall. The Thug comes barreling out not looking, not thinking, just awoken, his mouth wide open, inviting me to be creative.
I quick drew a grenade and stuffed it down his cullet, once you get so far in you aren’t getting it out.
I grabbed him by his scruff and dragged him to the stairs. I could hear the soldiers rushing up them just one landing away.
The punk with the mouth full of ordinance is feebly fighting to get loose. Its doing him no good though. I pull the pin and toss him down the stairs.
Everyone froze at the landing, looking at me, that way they all do. That look that says a million things, all of them bad... for them.
They see their friend clawing at his throat, choking.
With a boom and a splatter, I finally know what it looks like if a man has a live grenade jammed in his mouth.
Using the Uzi I picked up off the sentry I take care of the wounded.
I step on the cloth covered parts so as not to leave tracks of blood down the stairs.
I do a clean sweep of each apartment on the second floor, I take care of one small pocket of resistance, two guys, one gun. It wasn’t much of a fight.
I bag the drugs and weapons I find. And Secure the kids in their rooms, with their mothers.
I only have one notable occurrence during my sweep of the first floor.
A mother and child huddled in a bedroom closet. I opened the door in time to see her draw back the hammer of a 9mm.
Her son was crying, she was crying. They were both filled with fear and tears and I was calm as hell.
She got off two shots before I returned fire, just one squeeze. I got her in the chest, the kid screamed trying to plug the hole with the palm of his hand.
He had to learn the harsh reality of the life he was heading into.
In the basement I get pot shots taken at me from behind an over turned table. People need to learn not everything is bullet resistant.
Slivers of wood mix in with his bullet wounds. He collapses forward and I finish him with one to the back of the head.
I clean out the last of the drugs and head out the front door. The police show up later and take care of the kids.
I dispose of the drugs, keep the weaponry I collect and add it to the armoury.

RAID INVENTORY

- 600 9mm rounds.
- 30 shotgun shells.
- 7 bricks of uncut cocaine (destroyed)
- Several Kilo’s of crack Cocaine (destroyed)

ENEMY COMBATANTS K.I.A: 12

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] “That’s the last thing he wrote, it just ends there.”
“I know Mitchell I have a photo copy of the whole thing in my desk doer and one next to my toilet at home. What’s your point?”
Detective Mitchell closes the leather bound war journal on his desk and begins to pack it back into its evidence box, wrapping it in bubble wrap and sticking it between four stereophony blocks.
“The guy goes forty some odd years turning [/FONT][FONT=&quot]New York[/FONT][FONT=&quot] into a war zone and he just stops one day? Goes MIA?”
Detective Pauze is annoyed, they’ve gone over this before.
“Who cares?! The guy was a [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Nam[/FONT][FONT=&quot]’ nut job. I bet he blew himself away, to many bad memories involving “gooks” and agent Orange.”
“My dad fought in [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Nam[/FONT][FONT=&quot].”
“Good, so you know what I mean.”
Mitchell chuckles softly.
“You’re an ass hole.”
“Better an ass hole then a *****.”
Mitchell shakes his head at Pauze.
“Why are you obsessing over this anyway Mitchell? Its been what four years?”
Mitchell is offended, “Who said I’m Obsessing?”
“Well I checked the Punisher evidence locker log, you’ve been in there every night this week. That seems slightly obsessive.”
The Punisher Evidence Locker is actually a 36’ by 24’ foot room, stacked full of weaponry, documents and equipment ranging from surveillance to rock climbing. The most notable articles are the three volumes of War Journals, hand written by one Frank Castle, AKA: The Punisher.
“I was re-reading some of the war journal entries. I was hoping to find something that would lead us to where he is a hint or something.”
“Like I said, the guy is probably dead.”
“Pauze, there is no way this guy killed himself. He was perfectly content with blowing away criminals.”
Pauze leans against the wall of Mitchell’s office, next to the door. He crosses his arm’s and raises an eyebrow.
“Well smart guy how do you know some one just didn’t finally snap Castles neck? Or shoot him in the head?”
Mitchell picks up the box and heads to the door, stopping before reaching for the nob.
“Because if someone killed the Punisher they would be screaming it from the roof tops, they’d have the biggest baddest rep in town.”
“Your really thinking to hard about this.”
Mitchell smiles cockishly at Detective Pauze and opens the door.
“Walking to Evidence with me?”
“Sure am. I need to see Osborne anyway.”
Mitchell’s curiosity goes from the whereabouts of the Punisher to office goings on’s.
“What for?”
“Aw, you know.” Pauze does something surprising to Mitchell, he blushes.
Mitchell smiles diabolically, “No I don’t know.”
“I’ll just say I heard about your frequent visits to evidence over dinner, and then again in more detail in bed.”
“I was the subject of pillow talk?”
Pauze laughs and puts his arm around Mitchell and pulls him in for a knuggy, “Not pillow talk, cunnilingus talk.”
Mitchell pulls away, disgusted.
“What the hell?!”
“Hey don’t look at me. Some odd reason Amanda likes to talk well a guy... You know...”
“Or maybe you’re just bad at it.”
Pauze decides to change the subject “... So I sure wonder where that Punisher is.”
Mitchell laughs at him, “Seriously, if he’s not dead, and he’s not killing, then I assure you, he’s off planning on killing. This time next year, I bet the streets a filled with scum blood, just you wait.
“... She says I’m good at it.”
“They all say that Pauze. They all say that.”
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
“What’s your name?”

My world comes in and out of focus. Lacking sharpness.

“What is your name?”

The voice is stern and static filled. Its coming through a small speaker above the steel door of this... Cell.

“What is your name?!”

An IV hangs at my side, tubes run into my veins, filling them up with something cold.

“What is your name!?”

Leather straps, thick steel frame and titanium hand cuffs make me apart of the chair. All of that tells me something very important-

“What is your NAME!?”

-Who ever is yelling at me through the microphone, knows damn well who I am.

“What is your NAME!!?”

“Lt. Frank Castle, Unit Number 181239, Date of Birth: February 16. 1950

I’m still delirious, my vision blurred, mind in the wrong place. I’m not in a concrete room, I’m in a bamboo cage.
Its my second tour, caught on a recon mission.
My skin is beet red from the beating I took, my eye is black and swollen, so swollen it feels like its going to pop out of my skull.
Charlie is outside the bars, spitting and pissing on me, laughing... I hear a distant KRACK! And Charlie’s head falls apart in front of me, staining me in his blood and brains... And I laugh...

“No. What is your real name.”

I get my head back in the game. I look to the Camera that hangs in the corner. My world finds focus, and I answer.

“I am the Punisher."

...That’s how the first year started.

I struggled back to my feet. How long have I've been out? The sun was now out. Last time I was awake it was pitch black. The last I seen Rhodey he was dead. He had attacked me in the White House.

"Rhodey....last time I saw you..." He raises his hand into the air.

"Long story for another time."

"What's the situation? It's that little creep that attacked me?"

"A squad of your D-List scumbags have holed themselves up Midtown. But that isn't the worst part. It's Stark Tower,its being held hostage by someone we can't identify." I knew right away that it was the person who tried to kill me. "He's got a 4th grade class and a senator."

"What is S.H.I.E.L.D doing?"

"S.H.I.E.L.D's gone, Tony. Fury was able to round a few of us. Whatever is left is nothing more than a fringe group."

"We need to do something."

"Damn straight we do."

"Do you think you can take Midtown?"

"Your D-listers? No problem. What about you?"

"I'm going to get my company back. This suit's power is almost done. I'm going to have to built a new one."

"Just like old times.'

"Just like old times." I repeat before we both blast off into the air. Rhodey heads toward Midtown while I'm off to one of secret safe houses.Part of the roof opens up and I land inside. The lights turn on and I get to work.

There is where I keep the things that would make Reed's eyes light up. Technology covered from all over the universe: technology from A.I.M, aliens from galaxies away, and beings from other dimensions. All of this technology was going to be in my new suit. One last thing that was needed.

"Jarvis system activate, password: Ubik." Sometime ago Ultron had copy the brainwaves of certain members of the superhero community one being Jarvis. I kept the brainwaves and had been building a special program ever since his death. There will always be a Jarvis with the Avengers. A hologram of the butler appeared in the center of the safe house.

"Good evening, sir. I feel a bit transparent." I press a few buttons on holographic floating computer screen as machines put parts together.

"It's good to hear your voice again, old friend. I need you read a scan of a picture. I need you to find anything about him." The picture of the guy from the party. The one who is holding my company hostage.

"Understood." I grab some tools and toss them onto my workbench. Attaching pieces together, taking them apart, the new suit would be the most powerful one yet.

"He's named Ezekiel Stane." I know that accent. Russian. I quickly turn around.

"Natasha?"

"Sir, I have....I see. I'll return later."

"I....I thought you were dead. It was all over the news you killing the old man...laying there with..." We embrace under the glow of the machines. "What are you going to do now?" An alarm sounds and steam settles. The suit is ready.

"I'm going to take my life back." I get inside the suit. Information downloads into my helmet. "Think you can keep up?" She smirks

"I 'borrowed' Nick's wheels." My sensors show a SHIELD's hovercar outside. The two of use take flight heading for Stark Industries.

"Good luck, sir. I'll be the little voice in your ear making sure you don't do anything stupid."

Ezekiel Stane, the son of one of my worst enemies ever. Like father, like son.

A giant metallic tendril rained down from the sky crashing down in the sky knocking Kurse and Thor down. The tendril grabbed Thor and threw him into the air. Thor quickly regain his composure before being bombard with a multitude of adamantium arms springs from the tendril.

"THOR!" The voice boomed across from the sky. A giant massive structure could be seen through the clouds. A thousand red eyes cut through the clouds, all staring at Thor. Steel structures shot out from the main structure at Thor, surrounding him. All of them opened with Ultron hanging down on steel wires like marionettes. They buzzed to left and went straight for Thor attacking him.

"You have the power of a god but your brother always said you never had the brains."
A row of Ultron said.

"You can not defeat/overcome/beat Ultron/us."Another row spoke as they pummeled Thor.

Another few rows went in for the kill, "Chances of defeat for Thor/Asgardians/Aesir.....ERROR....." They looked at each other for a moment and went back to beating up Thor.

"WEAPONS SYSTEM ACTIVATING. NEGATIVE ZONE PROJECTOR WILL BE ONLINE-99% REMAINING" An Ultron grabbed Thor and tried to restrain him.

"If we can not beat you. We will damn you."

thorlogosb6.gif

Adamantium fists, tendrils, and spikes rained down on the Lord of Asgard without cease and still he struggled to his feet. Whenever the chance presented itself he struck back at his foes but every strike left him exposed and every moment of exposure was used to devastating effect by his metallic foes.

Before long he began to bruise and bleed but still he would not fall, pride, honor, and the Odinpower would not let him, and so long as he stood then Ultron would be occupied with him.

Meanwhile deep in the stronghold Thor and his army fought to protect, Doctor Henry Pym works frantically while trying to ignore the thunder outside the blows that shake the ground underfoot and sporadically shower him in dust.

He also tries to ignore the increasingly frantic demands of Amora the Enchantress as she reminds him yet again that time is running out and that she will make him suffer if Thor is hurt.

You're not helping lady he sighes inwardly even as he wonders if she can hear his thoughts.

He grits his teeth in frustration as a few quick calculations proved another of his solutions to be inviable but quickly wipes the sweat from his brow and redoubles his efforts. He knows the Aesir are running short on time and he was not about to let his own creation kill an entire race of gods.

Again he begins the theoritcal calculations while the immortal Enchnatress grows more frantic.​

Last edited:
Up ahead I see Stark Industries. Scanners show Stane, of course in my main office, armor head to toe, while his goons patrol the area.

"Natasha, think you can handle Stane's men?"

"It would be my pleasure, Tony. I needed something fun to do, today." Her car heads for land while I fly straight into my office. The glass shatters and some of the hostages scream. Stane breaks the desk in half that he is sitting in front of him.

"Looks like I missed one. Sir, you're going to have to take that off. It's property of Stark Industries......that makes it mine."

"Not this one. I'm taking my company back, Stane." Blue energy surround his hands and he fires a blast which barely does anything.

"What?" I fire a blast that knocks him into the other room.

"That right, Ezekiel. You may have the technology, you may have the money, and slightly clever but you're still below me." He gets up from the rubble. "You lack the experience," I land a punch to his midsection, "I've fought gods and the Hulk. Did you really think you could beat me?" "You lack the skill," Another punch right across his smug face. I connect with another punch, "God knows how long I've been in this suit." I picked him back up again and stare him right into his eyes.

"It's over, Stane. What to know something? Your father did a better job at it. You're just some raving psycho." Crap, that woke him up.

"My f-f-father?" The little psycho seems to have gotten a second wind. "Don't you dare speak his name!" He tackles me at the two of us go flying to the outside, landing on a school bus below. We both stumble out of the fire where I'm greeted with a fist to my face.

"FASCIST! War monger! Nazi!" He makes a hit with each word. "I'll kill you! Then I'll kill the rest of your friends that you didn't kill. Then I'll kill all these stupid superheroes!"

"Hey Stane?" A yellow glow emitted from my chest, "Shut up!" The blast knocks him across the parking lot tossing him into a few cars. I fly over to find him lying there with his helmet off.

"You think...," he coughs off blood, "this is not over...." He passes out. The nightmare is finally over. Something deep down inside of me though feels much differently.

calogo21fz4.png

The plane's sharp plunge throws both combatants off balance, but it is Steve who recovers first, and uses the sudden momentum to rush towards the Skull and send a powerful haymaker to the side of his face.​

The blow topples the Skull and Steve pushes passed him to open the cock pit door, wrenching it open despite its being locked. He curses under his breath when he sees the dead pilot with a bullet wound in the back of his head and quickly spins on his heel when a quick glance at the gauges show that the plane is beyond saving.​

Without a word the Sentinel of Liberty grabs the Skull roughly by the collar and unceremoniosly drags him towards the emergency exit near the back of the plane.​

Kicking the door open and bracing himself against its frame, Steve lifts the now semi conscious Skull and prepares to leap from the plane when he hears the faint click of a round being chambered over the wind followed by the bang of the gun and the smell of the gun powder.​

The pain, sharp, and in his side, comes a moment later. A flesh wound below his fourth rib, the Skull was still trying to kill him!​

The mad man grins weakly and triies to fire another round but Steve moves quickly and grabs his wrist, forcing him to drop the weapon.​

"You're coming with me Skull!" Steve shouts over the howling wind but the Skull responds with all of the considerable hate he can muster and slams his fist into Steve's wound.

Pain lances through Steve's body and makes him see stars. A second punch sends him toppling forward and though he reaches out for the Skull as he falls he does not quite get a grip on his opponent and falls from the plane alone with the Skull's mocking face shrinking in the distance above him.​

Frustration and anger wash over him as his quary quickly becomes out of reach but survival quickly becomes his priorty as he turns his body in the air and spreads out to slow his descent. Blood trickles upward from his wound leaving a fine trail of red in his wake and the g-forces further ignite the pain.​

He controls his breathing and keeps his hands out in front of him, keeping his descent as controlled as possible while the ground gets closer.​

Then he smells the scent of sweat and faint perfume just before the soft but powerful arms wrap around his torso and he feels the warmth of the lithe body above and behind him.​

"Ah've got you Cap." Rogue reassures him as they come to a stop a few hundred feet above the ground.​

In the distance they both see the still descending plane in which the Skull had hoped to escape, and they watch as the doomed air craft smashes into the side of an overpass and explodes in a ball of flame.​

The crash is distant but Steve can see it clearly and he fixes his eyes upon it and holds his breath for several moments before finally exhaling. No one left the burning vehicle.​

"So that's it then?" Rogue asks, having chosen not to say anything while Steve was focused on the accident site.​

Steve nods, suddenly overwhelmed by relief, then points towards the thinning battle ground around the Pentagon.​

"Let's go wrap this up."

calogo21fz4.png

The ensuing combat is brief and relatively tame as all around the country the Skull's leaderless forces realize their defeat and begin to surrender in droves.

In Washington DC Captain America and his team stormed several SHIELD safe houses, breaking up the terrorist cells holded up within and freeing any captives they still held. To Steve's relief one of the first of those freed was Sharon Carter.

It is not long after that before Steve and his team find themselves back in the White House and face to face with President Edward Hope.

Hope stands behind a ruined and splintered desk and the wall behind him has a prominent hole in it hastily covered up in Tarpaulin. Despite a hasty clean up job debris and wreckage can still be seen near the edges of the room. The presidential seal underfoot is partly worn away, and partly covered by dust.

Even Hope himself shows the marks of the brief war that erupted across America. The President's suit is dusty and he has a gash on his forehead that has been neatly stitched shut.

It is a poignant setting. One that makes Steve, who has been in this room so many times before, uneasy and anxious. He knows the fight is over, the battle won, but feels the need to lash out against this reality, to put it all back the way it was.

That's when he feels Sharon's hand on his arm and he realizes that he had balled his hands into tight fists. Its also when he notices that he had been holding his breath.

He looks at her and relaxes. The exchange is brief and goes unnoticed by anyone else in the room save the Winter Soldier, who, if he has anything to say, chooses not to say it then.

The President says nothing at first, as his eyes scan the heroes in front of him, taking them all in as if he were trying to see past them, or perhaps into their souls, before speaking to them.

When he does speak his words are delivered sincerely enough and his eyes are locked on Steve.

"Well Captain, it seems that America is once again in your debt." he says

"Thank you Mr President" Steve replies crisply "My colleagues and I were happy to come to our country's aid in its time of need, and we recognize that there's alot that still needs to be done."

Steve hadn't talked it his teammates yet, but he knew them all well and felt confident speaking for the group.

Hope nodded "Yes. The nation has been wounded and there is much to do."

The President walked around the front of his desk so he was now face to face with the heroes and put his hands before his back before speaking.

"That's why I have decided to reinstate the Avengers. Its a dangerous time for America and we need you people more than ever." he says while scanning the heroes again.

Steve notices as Hope locks eyes with Sue Storm for a lingering moment and wonders just what she had been doing alone in the White House when the Skull's attack had come. He would have to talk to her.

"Captain. I am authorizing you to assemble a full team as you see fit and I have no doubt that these fine men and women will stand beside you in our hour of need."

"I salute you all and thank you." Hope concludes as his security detail move forward to express their gratitude to the heroes and Sue Storm feels Steve's eyes upon her and shies away from his view in spite of herself.

thorlogosb6.gif

Adamantium fists, tendrils, and spikes rained down on the Lord of Asgard without cease and still he struggled to his feet. Whenever the chance presented itself he struck back at his foes but every strike left him exposed and every moment of exposure was used to devastating effect by his metallic foes.

Before long he began to bruise and bleed but still he would not fall, pride, honor, and the Odinpower would not let him, and so long as he stood then Ultron would be occupied with him.

Meanwhile deep in the stronghold Thor and his army fought to protect, Doctor Henry Pym works frantically while trying to ignore the thunder outside the blows that shake the ground underfoot and sporadically shower him in dust.

He also tries to ignore the increasingly frantic demands of Amora the Enchantress as she reminds him yet again that time is running out and that she will make him suffer if Thor is hurt.

You're not helping lady he sighes inwardly even as he wonders if she can hear his thoughts.

He grits his teeth in frustration as a few quick calculations proved another of his solutions to be inviable but quickly wipes the sweat from his brow and redoubles his efforts. He knows the Aesir are running short on time and he was not about to let his own creation kill an entire race of gods.

Again he begins the theoritcal calculations while the immortal Enchnatress grows more frantic.​

Pym and the Enchantress could hear the sound of metal against rock. The two turn their heads and notice the mechanical nightmares coming at them. Spider-like Ultrons shuffled toward them at a frantic speed. They were quickly joined by more ordinary Ultrons.

"Embrace Ultron." They said in cold mechanic unity. A figure stood between the Enchantress, Dr. Pym, and the android army. Balder the Brave raised his sword against the armies of Ultron.

"Lady Amora, Dr. Pym, you have my word that not one of these vile creatures shall reach you."

"Perhaps. Friend Balder, you would like some assistance." A voice came from behind the group. They turned their heads to see the new help, The Warriors Three, Fandral the Dashing, Hogun the Grim, and Volstagg the Valient.
"Negative Zone Projector....79% Remaining," the voice of Ultron boomed through out the sky. A massive steel arm came crashing down knocking Thor onto the surface of the giant Ultron structure. The surface looked like it was moving. It was actually swarms of nanobots.

"The ancient texts of your people note the end times as Ragnarok. The end times are here Thor can you feel it?" The swarms of nanobots begun to take form. "I will shape a new Asgard in my image. Midgard will be wiped out." The nanobots stopped moving a formed a shape. It looked like a person but completely silver. A sword flowed out of his arm and into his hand.

"Do you recognize us, Thor?" Ultron's nanobots had taken the form of Loki. His red eyes stared at his fallen "brother". He raised his sword and swung down at Thor's neck.

Pym and the Enchantress could hear the sound of metal against rock. The two turn their heads and notice the mechanical nightmares coming at them. Spider-like Ultrons shuffled toward them at a frantic speed. They were quickly joined by more ordinary Ultrons.

"Embrace Ultron." They said in cold mechanic unity. A figure stood between the Enchantress, Dr. Pym, and the android army. Balder the Brave raised his sword against the armies of Ultron.

"Lady Amora, Dr. Pym, you have my word that not one of these vile creatures shall reach you."

"Perhaps. Friend Balder, you would like some assistance." A voice came from behind the group. They turned their heads to see the new help, The Warriors Three, Fandral the Dashing, Hogun the Grim, and Volstagg the Valient.
"Negative Zone Projector....79% Remaining," the voice of Ultron boomed through out the sky. A massive steel arm came crashing down knocking Thor onto the surface of the giant Ultron structure. The surface looked like it was moving. It was actually swarms of nanobots.

"The ancient texts of your people note the end times as Ragnarok. The end times are here Thor can you feel it?" The swarms of nanobots begun to take form. "I will shape a new Asgard in my image. Midgard will be wiped out." The nanobots stopped moving a formed a shape. It looked like a person but completely silver. A sword flowed out of his arm and into his hand.

"Do you recognize us, Thor?" Ultron's nanobots had taken the form of Loki. His red eyes stared at his fallen "brother". He raised his sword and swung down at Thor's neck.

thorlogosb6.gif

As the blade fell the Lord of Asgard raised his enchanted hammer to block the blow. The nano sword slammed hard into Mjolnir's leather bound handle and recoiled violently, showering the face of "Loki" in sparks that only served to make him seem more menacing.

With a powerful shrug of his shoulders and push of his mighty legs, the Thunderer vaulted to his feet and sent his foe staggering a few steps back.

"Take whatever form you wish Ultron!" he growled as he swung at "Loki's" head and missed "You will not win this day!"

But even as he said the words, Thor could feel himself tiring, slowing. He knew then that he was expending too much energy, that his foe was winning. And that was before he felt the horrible stabbing pain in his stomach and looked down to see the nanite lance that began as an extension of "Loki's" finger and ended about two inches inside his body. The lance gashed his insides as if it was alive and sadistic, and he yelped out in pain despite himself.

Gritting his teeth he took hold of the lance and snapped it, freeing himself and covering his wound with his palm even as he leaped forward and crushed the Loki's head with Mjolnir in one fluid motion.

The head shattered into a flowing mass of nanites that spread outward like a miniature explosion only to suddenly reverse their flow and reform as if they had not been harmed at all.

The God of Thunder, tasted blood in his mouth and felt his head spin and his legs deaden but he raised Mjolnir again and was about to bring it crashing down on his foe when a powerful force beam shot out of "Loki's" eyes and washed over him, burning away most of what remained of his armor and searing his flesh.

Thor screamed in agony and that scream echoed across the battlefield, drowning out the sounds of battle and the cries of the other wounded and dying. Then, finally, he toppled to his hands and knees while Mjolnir fell in the snow beside him.

Before him the Loki grinned wickedly and the booming metallic voice in the sky declared "Negative Zone Projector....94% Remaining. Activation Imminent"
Meanwhile, far to the West, at the Stronghold of Bor, another desperate battle was being fought as one third of the Aesir, under the command of The Battlequeen Sif, fought to hold back that had been steadily advancing for hours now and would soon have them overrun.

At what was left of the front the Battlequeen herself valiantly led her weary and outnumbered troops with sword and shield in hand. Together they fought for honor, for victory, for the lives of those who they protected, those who could not fight for themselves, and above all, for a glorious death worthy of the gods.

But far within the bowels of the besieged fortress is one who does not share the Aesir's sentimentalities. She has the form and feel of Aya the maiden and her expression mimicks the one of grim acceptance and bravery worn by the young boy who sits besider her in this secure room but in truth she feels neither acceptance nor bravery for Aya is in fact Malekith the dark elf and Malekith would not see himself dead along side the hated Asgardians.

For the past hour he has racked his mind for a spell or a trick or an illusion. Some means of escape. Some way to be gone from this place and the war taking place around him. At one point he cursed himself for his own scheming nature. Afterall, had he not eliminated the girl Aya and taken her place as the prince's, as Loki's son's, maid, he would not be here now. He/She looked then into the eye's of the boy Modi and saw the total lack of fear, the disregard for the foe, and more, he saw the potential for heartless ambition, the willingness to do whatever needed to be done, that was all of Prince of Lies.

You are Loki's son Malekith thought bitterly Had our doom not come on this day you would have brought me my long awaited triumph. Of that I am sure.

He sighed then and the Prince looked at him and patted his/her golden blonde hair.

"Are you afraid Aya?" the boy asked matter of factly.

Malekith wanted to reply in the negatice, to maintain the charade of Asgardian stoicness, but the truth was that his throat was dry with fear and all he managed was a timid and unconvincing shake of his head.

"You should not be." The prince said easily "We are gods afterall, ours is the glory and might and the right. Was it not you who taught me that? Did you not say that all my enemies would die by my hand and languish in Hela's realm?"

He again stroked her hair not unlike how one would stroke a favorite pet.

"Be easy Aya, we can not die here, for it is my destiny to rule all that is." he said with total conviction and sureness.

Malekith might have felt pride then, to know that his lessons were taking root in the boy's mind but the next instant saw the door to their chamber splinter and break inwards as a trio of Ultron robots who had slipped past the exterior defenders marched in with weapons brandished, as if mocking the young Prince's just recently made declaration.

The chamber's two guards lay lifeless in puddles of their own blood, now helpless in this life as their are in Hela's realm and Malekith felt the panic rise in his chest and called for help as he held the boy out before him.

The prince stared at his foes coldly, with eyes full of hate and disdain. As if his lack of fear made them any less dangerous.

Perhaps the machines would have killed them both then, but a wall collapsed suddenly and crushed one of the attackers underneath its weight.
501048-hercules_clayton_henry123_cov.jpg

The machine let out a sqwaurk that might have been surprise or pain as it dissapeared beneath the rubble and its two fellows turned in the direction of the threat only for one of them to have its head pulverized by an adamantine mace while the other had its leg kicked off, sending it crashing to the ground, only to have the sole of an olympian boot crash down on its face and put it out of commision.

The Prince of Power kicked the lifeless husk in contempt before turning to Aya and Modi.

"Did they hurt you?" he asked quickly, and with genuine concern. He was bathed in sweat and had countless small cuts and gashes on his hands, forearms, and legs, as well as a nasty wound on his left shoulder that might have been made by a sword. His boisterous spirit seemed unmarred by the battle and he exhuded confidence and self assuredness.

The boy, Modi, looked upon the Prince of Power with something slightly akin to jealously before replying in the positive, smiling, and taking his nursemaid's hand.

"And what of you fair Aya?" Hercules asked before Malekith could act. Looking the maiden's body over with his eyes and and touching her cheek with his large hand.

The hand was calloused yet smooth, rough, yet silky, and those eyes betrayed an interest and a hunger beyond the innocent question.

The womanizing dolt has eyes for this maiden's form even as we battle for our very survival. Malekith suddenly realized as he/she looked at Hercules

You are a fool, a drunkard, and no doubt as easily seduced as a pock marked adolescent, Olympian. If we survive this day, I must be sure to profit from thy nature.

Doing his/her best to blush as if overwhelmed by his attention/affection Malekith replied that he/she was well thanks in no small part to the Mighty and Courageous Hercules.

He must have been convincing enough for the Olympian smiles mischeivously and gives her a peck on the cheek before ordering the pair to the back of the room and vowing that no harm would befall them before he turned and re-entered the fray unknowing that he was leaving the Boy Prince with his deadly vanity and the Accursed one with his/her schemes.
Far beyond the fields of Bor, back at the Stronghold of Odin, the Gods continue their battle for survival unaware of the dealings of Malekith and Hercules, and oblivious to the consequences those dealings would have for them alll.

Within the stronghold's deepest chamber Balder the Brave and the Warriors Three battle valiantly to keep the invaders away from Doctor Henry Pym and Amora the enchantress as they race to find some means of defeating what Ultron has become.

The Aesir warriors' weapons flash like deadly bolts of lightning and they fell scores of foes but the battle goes poorly and it is not long before Fandral the Dashing finds himself having to lunge forward and parry a thrust meant for Hogun's heart. So occupied with his multiple foes is the Grim One that he does not notice and cannot return the favor when Fandral has his legs taken out from under him and a deadly blade is sent lancing towards his unprotected throat.

Fandral's grits his teeth and prepares himself for Hela's embrace when he feels a cooling, almost soothing gust of wind and sees the ethreal lines of magic at work. He immediately understands what has happened, understands that they have done it, that they have held out long enough, and releived, looks to his left to see Amora the Enchantress aglow with power, her hands at work on the incantation that will be the end of their foes while behind her, the mortal Pym stands bravely, his charts and calculations tightly clutched in one hand.

The machines must have recognized the threat for thery turned their attention to her and growled and clicked and massed towards her but it was already far too late. Amora whispered an ancient word of power and casually gestured in the direction of her foes.
134026-148420-enchantress.gif

The Ultron robots might have screamed then, but they never got the chance. The magical force, ancient power beyond their kin, washed over them in an instant, shutting down their processors, depriving their nanite bodies of their cohesion, their unity, and suddenly, incredibley, perhaps those more perceptive of such things would say, magically, their bodies dissolved into naught but wisps of vapor and droplets of water upon the stone floor.

"HA! Take that you vile invader!" shouted Volstagg the Valiant to the foe who had just recently had him pinned against a wall as it dissapeared into nothingness and left him grappling with the air.

"It worked!" Doctor Pym declared with obvious relief and took hold of Amora's arm. He had done all he could, believed he had shown Amora what she needed to see, but he didn't understand magic, had no way of knowing how or if the spell would succeed.

"Quickly get the spell to Thor!" he said to the Enchantress as she looked upon him with visible irritation and a hint of scorn.

"I already have mortal. Once again Asgard is victorious."
Moments earlier, in the courtyard outside the Stronghold, Ultron the Infinite revelled in his impending victory over the archaic and offensive powers of Godhood and faith.

The Loki Ultron held Thor's head up by the hair and looked at him hatefully as the massive tendrils smashed the Aesir's defences and blacked out the sky.

The power up was nearly complete. Soon he would have his final, ultimate triumph.

Or so he would have if not for the sudden jagged wrenching pain in his head/mind/consciousness. Something was wrong, something he could not quantify or calcultate. Something had happened.

Too late he realized that his calculations were pointless, that magic could not be quantified. Too late the infinite consciousness looked at its all but defeated foe and saw the glow of power in his eyes.

"Thor, wait! I...." The Loki Ultron had time to say before Thor let out a terrfying roar and let loose the spell Amora had crafted with all the power and potency of the Odinforce itself.

The loosed power washed across the field of battle and beyond, reaching across the nine worlds, across the gulf of space, through dimensions and across time. And everywhere it went it encountered Ultron and nullified him. This was a Skyfather wiping his foe from existence and it was a sight both beautiful, and terrifying, to behold.

As the wave passed so too did the storms overhead as they heeded Thor's call, and all across the countless battlefields were Ultron had fought, Ultron was now gone, leaving behind only his victims and his former slaves.

The prime Ultron stood before Thor, trapped in Loki's form, frozen, transformed into a block of solid ice. Rising to his feet the Thunderer blew gently on the ice and as his breath touched it, the figure turned to snow and was blown away as if it never existed.

Thor then raised Mjolnir high and let a cry of victory that echoed across the land and was reissued by all who heard it. Ultron the Infinite was no more.
222850-171613-thor.jpg

Last edited:
calogo21fz4.png

The ensuing combat is brief and relatively tame as all around the country the Skull's leaderless forces realize their defeat and begin to surrender in droves.

In Washington DC Captain America and his team stormed several SHIELD safe houses, breaking up the terrorist cells holded up within and freeing any captives they still held. To Steve's relief one of the first of those freed was Sharon Carter.

It is not long after that before Steve and his team find themselves back in the White House and face to face with President Edward Hope.

Hope stands behind a ruined and splintered desk and the wall behind him has a prominent hole in it hastily covered up in Tarpaulin. Despite a hasty clean up job debris and wreckage can still be seen near the edges of the room. The presidential seal underfoot is partly worn away, and partly covered by dust.

Even Hope himself shows the marks of the brief war that erupted across America. The President's suit is dusty and he has a gash on his forehead that has been neatly stitched shut.

It is a poignant setting. One that makes Steve, who has been in this room so many times before, uneasy and anxious. He knows the fight is over, the battle won, but feels the need to lash out against this reality, to put it all back the way it was.

That's when he feels Sharon's hand on his arm and he realizes that he had balled his hands into tight fists. Its also when he notices that he had been holding his breath.

He looks at her and relaxes. The exchange is brief and goes unnoticed by anyone else in the room save the Winter Soldier, who, if he has anything to say, chooses not to say it then.

The President says nothing at first, as his eyes scan the heroes in front of him, taking them all in as if he were trying to see past them, or perhaps into their souls, before speaking to them.

When he does speak his words are delivered sincerely enough and his eyes are locked on Steve.

"Well Captain, it seems that America is once again in your debt." he says

"Thank you Mr President" Steve replies crisply "My colleagues and I were happy to come to our country's aid in its time of need, and we recognize that there's alot that still needs to be done."

Steve hadn't talked it his teammates yet, but he knew them all well and felt confident speaking for the group.

Hope nodded "Yes. The nation has been wounded and there is much to do."

The President walked around the front of his desk so he was now face to face with the heroes and put his hands before his back before speaking.

"That's why I have decided to reinstate the Avengers. Its a dangerous time for America and we need you people more than ever." he says while scanning the heroes again.

Steve notices as Hope locks eyes with Sue Storm for a lingering moment and wonders just what she had been doing alone in the White House when the Skull's attack had come. He would have to talk to her.

"Captain. I am authorizing you to assemble a full team as you see fit and I have no doubt that these fine men and women will stand beside you in our hour of need."

"I salute you all and thank you." Hope concludes as his security detail move forward to express their gratitude to the heroes and Sue Storm feels Steve's eyes upon her and shies away from his view in spite of herself.

calogo21fz4.png

"So what now Steve?" asks The Winter Soldier incredulously as he drops into a old steel chair and folds his arms. "Do we just sit here having a secret meeting and pretending President Hope doesn't still hate us and really isn't out to get us?"

Steve shook his head "Just sitting here is the one thing we can't do."

He, Bucky, Sharon, Rogue, Gambit, Deadpool and Sue Storm were temporarily using what was left of the Pegasus Facility in Washington DC as a headquarters. The place had taken a beating during the Thanos invasion and had never been reopened. Steve had hoped the facility would be in better shape than it was, that it could serve as a base of operations, but a few minutes inspection quickly proved that to be inviable. There was simply too much damage.

Bucky's attitude was another matter entirely. One Steve would have to deal with in time.

"So we move on" Sue Storm said matter of factly "The mansion is gone, the baxter building is months away from being safe to inhabit, let alone use as a base of operations, and that's even if we had the funding for the repairs, so what does that leave?"

"More imporantly what are our goals here?" Bucky says "I mean, am I the only one who doesn't understand what we hope to achieve by stopping a few muggings and hitting Doctor Doom on the head? The country's in shambles, it needs good government, not us."

"Well dats de spirit" Gambit says sarcastically as he lights a smoke. He is leaning against a support beam and he eagerly returns the Winter Soldier's annoyed glare.

"At ease you two." Steve says in a fatherly tone as he steps between them.

For a moment both men continue to stare before Gambit shrugs and takes a long drag while Bucky smiles without humor.

Bucky was a millitary man with a dark past and a darker world view. Steve really couldn't blame him, he'd been through more than any of them, but he needed heroes right now, not assassins.

"The country is in dire straits, the world is, that's true, and I know there are alot of people, who might see us as a novelty, as distracting from the problems." he scanned the room as he spoke, making eye contact with every member of his team "But we can help, we have to help. We'll make a difference the way we always have by protecting them, by inspiring them, by showing them that they don't have to be afraid."

"An' if Hope does a 180 an decides he's like to lock us all up?" Rogue asks with legitimate concern

"Then we'll have to deal with that problem as well." Steve says without hesitation.

Times had changed. He had learned about the Wisemen, learned that dropping the bomb on Hiroshima was their idea, that every shady politician and corrupt action had its origins back in their collective conspiracy, and he hadput a stop to them. In the process he had learned that sometimes you had to challenge your superiors' assertions. Sometimes the President of the United States did not have the nation's best interests at heart.

"Well we're still going to need a place to call home." Sharon Carter chimed in. "I suppose we could ask Nick for a hand but he's got even more problems than we do right now."

"Last I heard Fury was sleeping in his hover car." Bucky quipped, hammering the point home.

"Leave the HQ problem to me, this place may be no good, but we have other options." Steve said.

"And then what?"

"Then we go hit Doctor Doom on the head."

New York City
24 hours later

"Sir I'm sorry but Mr Stark is in a very important meeting at the moment and I can't just interrupt him no matter who happens to randomly stop by." The secretary protested, her green eyes betrayed no hint of recognition. She was new on the job and did not know who he was.

Not her fault I guess. She couldn't be older than 25

"Miss I appreciate your position but Mr. Stark and I have an understanding, security did let me up afterall." he said, trying to relax her.

"In any case I'm sorry but I'm afraid I can't wait." he added as he stepped past her and she raced to cut him off.

"No! You Can't!" She protested as he let himself in, all the while failing to notice, or totally unaware, that the palm reader in the office door handle aknowledged him and allowed him entry.

"Mr. Stark I''m so sorry he just-" she blurted out but Steve put a hand on her shoulder, a comforting gesture, that effectively silenced her.

"Good to see you Tony. We need to talk."
335912-198752-captain-america_super.JPG

Last edited:
New York City
24 hours later​

"Sir I'm sorry but Mr Stark is in a very important meeting at the moment and I can't just interrupt him no matter who happens to randomly stop by." The secretary protested, her green eyes betrayed no hint of recognition. She was new on the job and did not know who he was.​

Not her fault I guess. She couldn't be older than 25

"Miss I appreciate your position but Mr. Stark and I have an understanding, security did let me up afterall." he said, trying to relax her.​

"In any case I'm sorry but I'm afraid I can't wait." he added as he stepped past her and she raced to cut him off.​

"No! You Can't!" She protested as he let himself in, all the while failing to notice, or totally unaware, that the palm reader in the office door handle aknowledged him and allowed him entry.​

"Mr. Stark I''m so sorry he just-" she blurted out but Steve put a hand on her shoulder, a comforting gesture, that effectively silenced her.​

"Good to see you Tony. We need to talk."
335912-198752-captain-america_super.JPG

I shouldn't be here. I should be resting. I should be at home sleeping for a week. Then take another week of just lying on a beach on some island far from the rest of society. Instead, I'm here going over an endless supply of forms, graphs, and power points.

For about a year my life has been hell. I've been used as a puppet by a shadow government then my company stripped from me by some manic terrorist.

"Now, Mr. Stark, as we can see here profits should stabilize...." One of my assiociates was pointing a laser pointer at a graph until someone came into the room.

"Mr. Stark I''m so sorry he just-"

"Good to see you Tony. We need to talk." For a moment I thought I was going to pass out from Carl's droning. I begin to scribble something down on a piece of paper, quickly.

"Carl, I'm afraid we are going to have to break."

"But, Mr. Stark, we still have to work out next year's budget." I shove the piece of paper into his hands.

"This should answer any of your problems. Now take the rest of the day off." The rest of the suits leave, leaving Me and Steve.

"It's great to see you, Steve. Now what's on your mind?"

I shouldn't be here. I should be resting. I should be at home sleeping for a week. Then take another week of just lying on a beach on some island far from the rest of society. Instead, I'm here going over an endless supply of forms, graphs, and power points.

For about a year my life has been hell. I've been used as a puppet by a shadow government then my company stripped from me by some manic terrorist.

"Now, Mr. Stark, as we can see here profits should stabilize...." One of my assiociates was pointing a laser pointer at a graph until someone came into the room.

"Mr. Stark I''m so sorry he just-"

"Good to see you Tony. We need to talk." For a moment I thought I was going to pass out from Carl's droning. I begin to scribble something down on a piece of paper, quickly.

"Carl, I'm afraid we are going to have to break."

"But, Mr. Stark, we still have to work out next year's budget." I shove the piece of paper into his hands.

"This should answer any of your problems. Now take the rest of the day off." The rest of the suits leave, leaving Me and Steve.

"It's great to see you, Steve. Now what's on your mind?"

calogo21fz4.png

"Everything" said Steve as he walked towards one of the glass walls and looked out upon the city.

Stark tower might have been fully repaired but much of New York, like much of America, was still in a dire state.

In this room and others like it people were working on billion dollar deals, and powering through the crisis the Red Skull had made, but out there people were losing their jobs, their homes, their life savings, and more.

America was globaly isolated, short on cash, and unable to even begin the urgently needed repairs on infrastructure on the like.

"You've heard about the team I assembled." he said.

"Yes." Stark hesitated "The Avengers. Not exactly Earth's Mightiest Steve." he said without malice.

"I know its make shift but they're good people, heroes, and they got the job done when no one else could." Steve replied then added "But I see your point, and that's why I'm here."

He sighed a sigh of resignation

"President Hope has reinstated the Avengers right to operate legally and given me his blessings but I don't trust him, I know he doesn't trust us, and he's stopped short of acctually giving us back our security clearance, our charter, or our funding."

"Sounds like he's setting you up to fail Steve."

"That's what it looks like, but I'm not about to let this chance go by without taking it. The world needs the Avengers and no matter what I may think of Hope or his motivations this is not the time to publicaly challenge the President. The country can't take any more turmoil, we have to let things settle down now that the Wisemen are out of the picture. Once they do, once we've gotten America back on her feet, and if he forces out hand, we'll deal with Hope."

Stark looked genuinely surprised, but pleasantly so

"You'll deal with the President? That doesn't sound like you at all Steve." he said

"Things change Tony, and I'm hoping that I can count on your help. We need funding, a base of operations, support staff, and Fury's resources are gone."

Stark listened intently and was about to speak before Steve cut him

"I also need Iron Man. That zombie attack that Doom orchestrated? Fury confirms that in the aftermath Clint took a team into Latveria to take Doom into custody and retrieve the Infinity Guantlet."

"They didn't come back" Stark said with a glassy eyed expression, as if he wished the words weren't true but already knowing what Steve' answer would be.

Steve nodded

"We're going after them and I don't think we can do it without you," he said before turning his attention back to the ruined city outside and adding "to be honest I don't think I can get any of this done without you."

calogo21fz4.png

"Everything" said Steve as he walked towards one of the glass walls and looked out upon the city.

Stark tower might have been fully repaired but much of New York, like much of America, was still in a dire state.

In this room and others like it people were working on billion dollar deals, and powering through the crisis the Red Skull had made, but out there people were losing their jobs, their homes, their life savings, and more.

America was globaly isolated, short on cash, and unable to even begin the urgently needed repairs on infrastructure on the like.

"You've heard about the team I assembled." he said.

"Yes." Stark hesitated "The Avengers. Not exactly Earth's Mightiest Steve." he said without malice.

"I know its make shift but they're good people, heroes, and they got the job done when no one else could." Steve replied then added "But I see your point, and that's why I'm here."

He sighed a sigh of resignation

"President Hope has reinstated the Avengers right to operate legally and given me his blessings but I don't trust him, I know he doesn't trust us, and he's stopped short of acctually giving us back our security clearance, our charter, or our funding."

"Sounds like he's setting you up to fail Steve."

"That's what it looks like, but I'm not about to let this chance go by without taking it. The world needs the Avengers and no matter what I may think of Hope or his motivations this is not the time to publicaly challenge the President. The country can't take any more turmoil, we have to let things settle down now that the Wisemen are out of the picture. Once they do, once we've gotten America back on her feet, and if he forces out hand, we'll deal with Hope."

Stark looked genuinely surprised, but pleasantly so

"You'll deal with the President? That doesn't sound like you at all Steve." he said

"Things change Tony, and I'm hoping that I can count on your help. We need funding, a base of operations, support staff, and Fury's resources are gone."

Stark listened intently and was about to speak before Steve cut him

"I also need Iron Man. That zombie attack that Doom orchestrated? Fury confirms that in the aftermath Clint took a team into Latveria to take Doom into custody and retrieve the Infinity Guantlet."

"They didn't come back" Stark said with a glassy eyed expression, as if he wished the words weren't true but already knowing what Steve' answer would be.

Steve nodded

"We're going after them and I don't think we can do it without you," he said before turning his attention back to the ruined city outside and adding "to be honest I don't think I can get any of this done without you."

The Avengers, our once great time. We were known as the Earth's Mightiest Heroes are know a rag tag group who got together to beat back a Nazi who had gain control of the world's largest spy agency. To put it bluntly the world had went to hell and now is trying to recovery.

Now, though, his allies, his friends were being kept captive by a madman. It was time to get up and do something about it.

"Steve, this is a lot to take in at the moment. I've just got my company back from a terrorist and I'm trying to rebuild it from the ashes." Steve turns around.

"Tony...I..." I press the button on my intercom.

"Amanda? Yes It's Tony I want you to suspend the rest of my meetings, indefinitely."

"But, Mr. Stark."

"This isn't up for discussion." I release the button on the intercom and press a few buttons on a panel at the head of the table.

"My friends come first. Whatever the Avengers need of me I'll be there. I'll provide whatever the team needs and I want you to know that Stark Industries will fully provide whatever this team needs." The table in the room seperates and a pod comes up from the middle and ceiling opens up. Inside the pod is a Iron Man suit. "No matter what happens I'm in until the end."

Last edited:
WolverineLogoClear.gif

"Logan. Don't leave." Charles Xavier said, rolling along the carpet lining the mansion. "You have a place here, we can help you."

"You're a good guy, Chuck." Logan muttered as he pushed open the doors to the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters, walking steadily towards his bike. He paused when he reached the Harley and looked over his shoulder. "But I've got to find my own answers."

He mounted the bike as Xavier looked at him silently, rubbing his temples.

"You'll be over my shoulder the whole time, anyway."

The engine roared to life as Logan looked at the open duffle bag thrown over his shoulder. His worn, brown costume lay inside, the lenses of the mask staring up at him vacantly.

"Where will you go?" Charles asked.

"Dunno. I'll find someone, anyone from Weapon X. See if I can put the pieces together."

"We'll be here when you get back." Xavier said, wheeling backwards into the mansion.

"I know you will be, Chuck." Logan said as the doors slammed shut. "I know you will be."

The bike's engine roars to a start and Logan throws his legs over the seat. He gives the engine some gas, and lurches forward into the winding country roads of upstate New York.

“So this is how it’s going to be?”

“I will not be a pawn in anyone’s game. Never again. And I’ve seen the way you’ve looked at her since she’s been back.”

Clint walked along the edge of the cliff overlooking Castle Doom. He pulled his mask off and looked up at the floating Wanda Maximoff. He opened his mouth, but no response was forthcoming.

“One small moment, one decision reversed, is all it will take. I will be free from my bonds and you get your own life back to be with who you want, and any memory of ou time together will be erased.”

Clint looked down on the hulking gothic structure below him, nodding slightly.

“One last thing though. It wasn’t all bad, was it?”

This time it was Wanda who offered no response. Instead, before another word could be spoken, the two were engulfed in a white hot light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"