The "Heroes vs. Villains: Marvel" RPG Season VII

logovc1.gif
INDEPENDENCE DAY: PART XIII

"That is so cliche."

“You got that right, webhead,” Junta suddenly called from the other end of the roof. He looked calmly and Justice and Spider-Man, a small grin already playing on his lips. Flying beside him was his servo-tech, who started beeping appreciatively at the sight of Spider-Man.

“So, what is this, Josiah, your first real superhero team-up?” the ex-spy sarcastically noted as he started to walk towards them. Spider-Man stood ready to web him up, but Junta raised his hand dismissively.

“Save the webbing, Arachnid-Man.”

He looked at both superheroes.

“You want to know who is playing you, Spidey?” Junta continued.

“Try thinking about your friends rather than your enemies.”

"Friends?" I sarcastically say, my mask sifts slightly as I arch my eyebrow from underneath the mask.

"Wow, you must be new at this....very new. I don't have any friends, or don't you read the papers? Not only did Jameson make a killing off those photos, but so did that Bennett man I supposedly robbed."

I scratch my head and look from Justice to Junta and back.

"Look, enough of this riddle crap. Just tell me!....If I were the Hulk, you would so dead right about now."

You know those days when you're fighting a monster, that's possessing the woman your friend loves, on the spiritual plane? Yeah, I'm having one of those days.

The beast inside Echo roars furiously as it tries to plant a kick to my chest. I bend my knees and drop to my back, performing a backwards roll. This has been going on for a while, once in a while one of us gets a hit in. But this has to end. I don't know how much more of this I can take. Besides, it looks like Daredevil is having some trouble with Echo herself. He's holding back.

This has to end. I don't know if this is going to work, seeing as I'm slightly incorporeal right now, but it's worth a show.

I suddenly stop moving, put my palms together, and close my eyes. Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out.
I can feel everything in become harmonized.

WhaT DO yOU THiNk YoU'RE DOING?!

The creature screams.

I breathe in. I breathe out.

I am my hands. I am my legs. I am their targets. I am the air around us.

RWWWAAARRRRKIIILL YOU!

I am Iron Fist.

The beast dashes towards me, furious. Raising it's fist high in the air, it brings it slamming down into my chest. It makes contact, a massive hit that would most definitely kill me. But it doesn't. It's as if the beast hit an invisible barrier.
My eyes still closed, I move back. Grab it's hand. Twist it, and flatte my own palm. With a powerful thrust, I slam my open hand into the beast's chest.

WRRAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

It howls and spasms in pain as I grab ahold of everything it is. This thing is centuries old. Well, so is Iron Fist.

Suddenly a blinding light bursts forth, enveloping us. I can't see a thing, but I feel an invisible force slam into me, throwing my body across the room. I hit the floor hard, and when I open my eyes.

"You still with us, Iron Fist?!" White Tiger screams down at me.

logovc1.gif
INDEPENDENCE DAY: PART XIII

“You got that right, webhead,” Junta suddenly called from the other end of the roof. He looked calmly and Justice and Spider-Man, a small grin already playing on his lips. Flying beside him was his servo-tech, who started beeping appreciatively at the sight of Spider-Man.

“So, what is this, Josiah, your first real superhero team-up?” the ex-spy sarcastically noted as he started to walk towards them. Spider-Man stood ready to web him up, but Junta raised his hand dismissively.

“Save the webbing, Arachnid-Man.”

He looked at both superheroes.

IC: Justice

"Junta. Cut the ****. I'm getting sick of your cons and I am not going to get into the habit of cleaning up after them."

MKCAE4.jpg

It's like ripping your own arm off.

Better yet, more like puncturing your own heart with a knife, thinking it will take all the pain away. Even though every logic tells you otherwise. But still you get irrational, holding onto some hope that it will help you more than it hurts you.

ddlosingtoecho1.jpg

That's what it is like when you fight someone you love.

You see yourself in a situation you don't want to be in, but that you cannot control. In doing so, you hurt yourself and the person you care about. You do your best to avoid it, but one person can only do so much; I've learned that the hard way. Each time I strike at Maya, each time I have to block one of her blows...it hurts.

She's even harder than before. It doesn't even matter how many matches she was in, or played audience to. In the flash of an instant she has an uncanny ability to perfeclty remember any set of motion her body allows her to mimic. She is nearly flawless in the battlefield.

But a few peculiar events take place. I do enough, just to keep her off of me without causing any injury, yet sometimes when I strike her it is as if she is put through excruciating pain. Just a moment ago, all I did was sweep her at her feet, yet for a short while she cradled on the floor as if she was suffering a bullet wound.

ddlosingtoecho2.jpg

Something is happening to Maya's mind, soul, and body.

I am Iron Fist.

The beast dashes towards me, furious. Raising it's fist high in the air, it brings it slamming down into my chest. It makes contact, a massive hit that would most definitely kill me. But it doesn't. It's as if the beast hit an invisible barrier.
My eyes still closed, I move back. Grab it's hand. Twist it, and flatte my own palm. With a powerful thrust, I slam my open hand into the beast's chest.

WRRAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

It howls and spasms in pain as I grab ahold of everything it is. This thing is centuries old. Well, so is Iron Fist.

Suddenly a blinding light bursts forth, enveloping us. I can't see a thing, but I feel an invisible force slam into me, throwing my body across the room. I hit the floor hard, and when I open my eyes.

Maya holds onto her belly, as if I had just sliced it with a katana blade. She winces, collapsing onto the floor. My natural reaction of course is dashing over to her, and holding her. She's silent for a moment, and I do my best to hold back tears. I run my fingers through her hair.

"Maya...MAYA...NO, MAYA!"

And then...her eyes open wide, and she seems to come back to reality. She looks at me, wiping at the blood on my cheek. I just do the same, caressing her cheek as well.

She's back.

mayacomesto2.jpg

...I finally have her back.

The Captain ran down the White House lawn with ease. Blocking each bullet he made it to the windows of the Oval Office within a minute. He barrels through the window and is quickly back on his feet, facing the Invisible Woman and the president. He raised his shield ready to attack.

"Susan, stand down. I'm taking the president with me."

Helicopters flew over the warzone that was now Washington DC. The Red Skull occupied one of them waiting to initiate the next step.

"Herr Skull, we are getting reports that the Avengers have arrived."

"No matter. They are too late to stop me and our agents will keep them occupy long enough." Soon the helicopters had arrived at their destination, the Pentagon. Agents repelled down and begun to clean out their area. The helicopter lands with Red Skull and Zola heading toward the Pentagon. In the other helicopter a man chained to the chair is shaking. He has a flag painted on his face and is mumbling something.

"He no longer needs his pills. Nuke now receives injections with a push of the button." Zola holds up a remote and presses a red button. Nuke rips himself from the chair and swats an agent who goes flying. "He will protect me as I look for the information I require. And what will you do, Johann?" The Red Skull smiles under his mask.

"Being the director of the world's largest spy network I have has access to certain secrets. Like how the information you were looking for was in the Pentagon. Remember, the incident at Mount Rushmore? The United States government loved what they found and took it in as there own. They tired develop their own version of it and that is what is stored in the Pentagon, the president doesn't even know about but I do. I'm going to use the United States' special blend on every major city in the country. I'm going to cripple this country."

The Captain ran down the White House lawn with ease. Blocking each bullet he made it to the windows of the Oval Office within a minute. He barrels through the window and is quickly back on his feet, facing the Invisible Woman and the president. He raised his shield ready to attack.

Helicopters flew over the warzone that was now Washington DC. The Red Skull occupied one of them waiting to initiate the next step.

"Herr Skull, we are getting reports that the Avengers have arrived."

"No matter. They are too late to stop me and our agents will keep them occupy long enough." Soon the helicopters had arrived at their destination, the Pentagon. Agents repelled down and begun to clean out their area. The helicopter lands with Red Skull and Zola heading toward the Pentagon. In the other helicopter a man chained to the chair is shaking. He has a flag painted on his face and is mumbling something.

"He no longer needs his pills. Nuke now receives injections with a push of the button." Zola holds up a remote and presses a red button. Nuke rips himself from the chair and swats an agent who goes flying. "He will protect me as I look for the information I require. And what will you do, Johann?" The Red Skull smiles under his mask.

"Being the director of the world's largest spy network I have has access to certain secrets. Like how the information you were looking for was in the Pentagon. Remember, the incident at Mount Rushmore? The United States government loved what they found and took it in as there own. They tired develop their own version of it and that is what is stored in the Pentagon, the president doesn't even know about but I do. I'm going to use the United States' special blend on every major city in the country. I'm going to cripple this country."
"So the pentagon?"
"Yeah they're headed there now."

Some agents had been talking on the roof of the White House which was taken over by them. All of a sudden, a foot slams one of the agents off the roof and into a tree, his gun hitting a branch and breaking. Rogue grabs the other agent and flies him high up and far from the area as bullets shoot up at them.

"So how 'bout you tell me what's goin' on at the Pentagon before I decide my hands are getting tired."

"I ain't tellin' you spit!"

"Suit yourself."

Rogue lets the agent fall to his death as she races down beside him.

"OOKKK!!!! I'LL TALK!"

Rogue catches him before he hits the ground.

"They're headed for the Pentagon to issue a capture. That's all I know, I swear!"

"Who?"

"..."

"WHO!"

"The leader, please don't kill me!"

The agent covering his face begins to shiver. Rogue drops him a few feet in the air and the man's feet break as he lands. Cops arrive almost instantly as Rogue starts to fly away.

"Hey you! Hold it right there!"

The Police are crying to the X-Woman as they come out of their squad cars.

"I'll see y'all at the Pentagon."

"The Pentagon?"

Gambit, Deadpool and Bucky burst in through the White House doors and take out more agents and once the lobby's clear.

"So... who know where d'e Oval Office is?"

logovc1.gif
INDEPENDENCE DAY: PART XIV

Junta sighed as Spider-Man and Justice each tried to scold him. He was indifferent to the plight of both, really, since he was getting paid and there was little more in life that the former spy wanted.

“Are you two mooks done yet with the whining?” the mercenary asked as he turned to Spider-Man. “They never teach you big picture thinking in superhero school?”

“Are you two mooks done yet with the whining?” the mercenary asked as he turned to Spider-Man. “They never teach you big picture thinking in superhero school?”

"Superhero school?" I shake my head at the thought of me getting hit in the head by a dodgeball thrown by Captain America.

"But anyways...my first guess would be you're working for one of the many enemies I have, maybe someone in the mob like Kingpin or Hammerhead even Don Fortunato, maybe even a freak like Green Goblin considering it wasn't that long ago I whooped him."

I rub my masked chin and stare off into space.

"But you said think about my friends....who would want to discredit me, ya know, other than Jameson and half the media in New York and the country?"

Let's see...Felicia? Naah....Kaine? He's a possible choice, but he's been getting better.

Ben?

Nahh...wait a minute.....

Ben...Don Fortunato....The Maggia...Hammerhead.

"My god!" I say loudly as it all clicks into place.

"So this is what it feels like to be Mr. Fantastic? Coolio."

IC:Justice

Josiah looked at each of them, trying very hard to keep up with what was going on?

"What the hell is this?" he asked. "Junta, stop pulling the cryptic Secret Agent man crap. What kind of con are you pulling?"

echobanner2.jpg

Matthew holds me tight as he embraces me, but I'm still taken aback by it all. The last thing I can recall is this bright, blue, burning light. It consumed me, put me through excruciating pain, and then it all goes blank.

As Matthew holds me, it feels as though we are in our own little fairytale world. But I can see around us all the chaos. Chaos and fairytales do not coincide with one another. I see a man I'm not familiar with clad in green and yellow garments, and then I see the peculiar white clad man that aided me when I was attacked in NYC.

Maya is nearly in a state of panic right now as her minds takes everything in. She frantically continues to look at all areas of the room as if looking for something. All the while, Daredevil just keeps hugging her and tries to get her to look at him as he sees her dazed expression.

Wait a second. Matthew is here in Japan. Matthew? I'm speechless. All I can say in response is--

"Matt?!"

mayacomesto1.jpg

"Yes, Maya. I'm here."

I haven't seen Matthew in so long; I would have never expected this. To see him here swells my heart with joy. I finally start to hug him back.

"Hate to break up this little reunion." I say as White Tiger, Shang-Chi and I come in on Matt, Danny, and Echo.

"I think we should jet. Elektra's out of the picture, but these damn ninjas are crawling all over."

One leaps out of the shadows, I move quickly and punch him in the face.

"See what I mean? Let's get out while the gettings good."

sueheader1.jpg

"That is not Captain America, Mrs. Richards. Of that I am sure."

Who is it then?

"Let's find out."

With a simple thought I can turn his mask invisible. I've seen Steve before. But should I do it in front of the President? No choice really.

"That is not Captain America."

"Yes. I believe this is Mr. Jack Monroe. Formerly Nomad."

This president knows his stuff. Time to calm things down a bit.

"I'm not letting you take the President. Whoever you are. You know who I am. You know what I can do. So just put your shield down."

Let's get a better look at the area. I'll make the White House invisible. I'll remove every bush. Every tree. Every pillar. Then we'll see who else is here.

"I see you've brought friends. Looks like I have some friends of my own. You've met the real Captain America, haven't you?"

sueheader2.jpg

invisiblewoman.gif
invisiblewoman.gif
invisiblewoman.gif

sueheader1.jpg

"That is not Captain America, Mrs. Richards. Of that I am sure."

Who is it then?

"Let's find out."

With a simple thought I can turn his mask invisible. I've seen Steve before. But should I do it in front of the President? No choice really.

"That is not Captain America."

"Yes. I believe this is Mr. Jack Monroe. Formerly Nomad."

This president knows his stuff. Time to calm things down a bit.

"I'm not letting you take the President. Whoever you are. You know who I am. You know what I can do. So just put your shield down."

Let's get a better look at the area. I'll make the White House invisible. I'll remove every bush. Every tree. Every pillar. Then we'll see who else is here.

"I see you've brought friends. Looks like I have some friends of my own. You've met the real Captain America, haven't you?"

sueheader2.jpg

invisiblewoman.gif
invisiblewoman.gif
invisiblewoman.gif

calogo21fz4.png

Captain America crashed through one of the oval office windows just as Sue finished speaking. Without stopping, he rolled to his feet and tackled the Captain.

"Sue!" Steve called to the Invisible Woman as he and the Captain traded blows "Get President Hope out of here, I've got a team outside, Deadpool can get him to safety. MOVE!"

He was glad to see Sue, had not seen her since the end of the Civil War, and would have liked not to be so short with her, but war left little time for niceties, and things were not going well outside. The Skulls forces were everywhere and the Mastermen, now having much more room to operate than they did inside the confines of the Hellicarrier, were taking full advantage of their combination of strength and flight. They were not making things easy.

Sue's powers and experience will go a long way towards evening the odds a bit, but right now I've got to focus on Jack Steve throught as he felt himself being driven backwards

He's stronger than he was on the Hellicarrier. Stronger than he's ever been, and worse, he doesn't seem to be feeling any of my punches. More of the Skull's handiwo--uhh Steve grunted as he took blow to the midsection.

"You're going down imposter!" Jack declared as his lep whipped out and barely missed Steve's head.

The Sentinel of Liberty ducked low and put everything into a powerful uppercut that connected cleanly on Jack's chin. Blood exploded from nomad's suddenly ruined mouth and Steve felt his jaw crack beneath his fist but the Captain seemed totally oblivious to the pain and did not even flinch.

Instead he hammered Cap in the chest with his shield then quickly followed up with a punch to the temple. Steve tried to roll with the blows but he was pinned against the wall and both shots connected cleanly. Diziness and nausea hit him like a wall and the room began to spin but Steve braced himself against the wall behind him and raised his shield to defend against further attacks.

I'm in trouble here, that last shot was supposed to finish this fight but Jack seems totally numb. If I lay into him and put him down I could kill him. I won't do that, no way, but Jack doesn't seem to have a problem with killing me.

"Jack listen to me!" Steve shouted over the sounds of battle and the cacophany off shield on shield blows

"No more lies imposter!" Jack responded angrily "I know you're here to assasintate the President and I am not about to let that happen!"

Steve was going to keep trying to reason with his old friend but the next instant saw the sudden and deadly arrival of the Winter Soldier. Without making a sound Bucky had come up behind Jack, and using his cybernetic arm as a bludgeon, delivered three brutal blows to his neck and the back of his head. Any normal man would have gone down instantly but the Captain turned on his attacker andlashed out angrily with his Shield.

Bucky barely avoided what would have been a disembowling blow just as Steve kicked him and brought him down to his knees. Wasting little time, he quickly locked Jack into a choke hold while Bucky grabbed their oponnents wrists and held on for dear life.

For nearly a minute the three remained locked in a macabre tug of war until finally the Captain began to weaken before passing out on the oval office floor.

"hunh...hunh..now...hunh...what?" Bucky asked as he stood bathed in sweat and out of breeath from the extended struggle

"Now we stop the Skull Bucky" Steve said solemnly as he removed the Captain America mask from on Jack's head and looked at his old friend "Jack will keep in one of the panic rooms underneath the building until we can find a way to undo whatever was done to him."

"Heck of a day huh?" Bucky asked with a thin smile as he straightened up and reloaded his guns.

"Just like old times." Steve replied without humor as he and Bucky both leaped onto the White House lawn and rejoined the fray.

Fighting his way to Gambit's side Steve called out to the Cajun

"Any word on the Skull?"

"Hate to break up this little reunion." I say as White Tiger, Shang-Chi and I come in on Matt, Danny, and Echo.

"I think we should jet. Elektra's out of the picture, but these damn ninjas are crawling all over."

One leaps out of the shadows, I move quickly and punch him in the face.

"See what I mean? Let's get out while the gettings good."

MKCAE4.jpg

"Right."

I kiss Maya on the forehead, and then get up. I block a strike with a bo, twisting the weapon about as I kick the ninja away, and take his weapon. Then, I grab all the attention in the small room, striking opponents left and right with the long bo.

"You guys get out of here. I'll draw them off! I'll meet you outside with Ox and Montana. GO!"

Maya starts to run towards me, attacking a few Hand ninjas, but I shout back to hear. No use; she's deaf. If her head is turned away from me, she cannot read my lips. Luckily for Luke and Danny, they both grab hold of her and start to hightail out of the room with White Tiger.

I say to myself that Shangi-Chi can help himself escape, as we ended up parting ways. After all, he made his way into the Hand's lair by infiltration, no doubt he can make it out. With that in mind, everyone is just about far enough to make their mistake.

Time to make mine.

I rally up the remaining ninjas, and have them chase me to the top of the building. Not so easy mind you, when I have to dodge projectiles as well as fists and kicks. I'm just damn lucky those mystics were taken down or I'd probably be fried by now.

We make it to the roof. To some, it would be as though my plan backfired because there is a fleet of Hand ninjas waiting for me, leaving me cornered; not quite so. I start to sprint with the long bo tightly gripped into my hand. I point one of the bo downward, using it like a povault, and launch myself towards the edge of the building roof, letting go of the long bo.

DDHand1.jpg

I take a few ninjas down with me for the fall. The difference? I've got my billy clubs. They shoot out, and I grab hold of a pole across the street and pull with all my strength and make my landing on that building.

I can hear the others running towards the harbor where our ticket out of this place awaits. I use the city as my playground, using the high grounds and leaping from building to building to allow me to pick up the pace and catch up. Nothing new, just like any other night in the NYC.

Making my landing from the roof of an offshore bar, I roll as I land and spring back to my feet. Just as the plane's engines start up, I make my way to the door.

From here on out? Home. We're going home.

calogo21fz4.png

Captain America crashed through one of the oval office windows just as Sue finished speaking. Without stopping, he rolled to his feet and tackled the Captain.

"Sue!" Steve called to the Invisible Woman as he and the Captain traded blows "Get President Hope out of here, I've got a team outside, Deadpool can get him to safety. MOVE!"

He was glad to see Sue, had not seen her since the end of the Civil War, and would have liked not to be so short with her, but war left little time for niceties, and things were not going well outside. The Skulls forces were everywhere and the Mastermen, now having much more room to operate than they did inside the confines of the Hellicarrier, were taking full advantage of their combination of strength and flight. They were not making things easy.

Sue's powers and experience will go a long way towards evening the odds a bit, but right now I've got to focus on Jack Steve throught as he felt himself being driven backwards

He's stronger than he was on the Hellicarrier. Stronger than he's ever been, and worse, he doesn't seem to be feeling any of my punches. More of the Skull's handiwo--uhh Steve grunted as he took blow to the midsection.

"You're going down imposter!" Jack declared as his lep whipped out and barely missed Steve's head.

The Sentinel of Liberty ducked low and put everything into a powerful uppercut that connected cleanly on Jack's chin. Blood exploded from nomad's suddenly ruined mouth and Steve felt his jaw crack beneath his fist but the Captain seemed totally oblivious to the pain and did not even flinch.

Instead he hammered Cap in the chest with his shield then quickly followed up with a punch to the temple. Steve tried to roll with the blows but he was pinned against the wall and both shots connected cleanly. Diziness and nausea hit him like a wall and the room began to spin but Steve braced himself against the wall behind him and raised his shield to defend against further attacks.

I'm in trouble here, that last shot was supposed to finish this fight but Jack seems totally numb. If I lay into him and put him down I could kill him. I won't do that, no way, but Jack doesn't seem to have a problem with killing me.

"Jack listen to me!" Steve shouted over the sounds of battle and the cacophany off shield on shield blows

"No more lies imposter!" Jack responded angrily "I know you're here to assasintate the President and I am not about to let that happen!"

Steve was going to keep trying to reason with his old friend but the next instant saw the sudden and deadly arrival of the Winter Soldier. Without making a sound Bucky had come up behind Jack, and using his cybernetic arm as a bludgeon, delivered three brutal blows to his neck and the back of his head. Any normal man would have gone down instantly but the Captain turned on his attacker andlashed out angrily with his Shield.

Bucky barely avoided what would have been a disembowling blow just as Steve kicked him and brought him down to his knees. Wasting little time, he quickly locked Jack into a choke hold while Bucky grabbed their oponnents wrists and held on for dear life.

For nearly a minute the three remained locked in a macabre tug of war until finally the Captain began to weaken before passing out on the oval office floor.

"hunh...hunh..now...hunh...what?" Bucky asked as he stood bathed in sweat and out of breeath from the extended struggle

"Now we stop the Skull Bucky" Steve said solemnly as he removed the Captain America mask from on Jack's head and looked at his old friend "Jack will keep in one of the panic rooms underneath the building until we can find a way to undo whatever was done to him."

"Heck of a day huh?" Bucky asked with a thin smile as he straightened up and reloaded his guns.

"Just like old times." Steve replied without humor as he and Bucky both leaped onto the White House lawn and rejoined the fray.

Fighting his way to Gambit's side Steve called out to the Cajun

"Any word on the Skull?"
Gambit pulls away his radio.

"At d'e Pentagon. Rogue's got a group of cops which she's headin' d'ere wit'."

Captain America takes the radio.

"Rogue, tell me about the situation."

"They've already gotten in and taken over. We've got the army here now surrounding the area."

"Why haven't they moved in?"

"General Ross told us to wait."

"For what?"

"The Avengers"

namenn8.gif
KASPER MEETS WORLD: PART LI

We’re going home.

The White Tiger sighs as he takes his seat and leans back. After one of the most harrowing weeks of his life, the young police officer come vigilante is finally going to be able to see his family again. His mom, his girlfriend and his son. Especially his son.

His special suit is drenched in sweat and puke. His bones are tired and bruised. Some might very well be broken. This quest has brought him to the limits of his abilities time and time again. It has been one big battle from beginning to end; with the Kingpin, with the Hand and even with himself.

But that doesn’t matter anymore now.

I’m going home.

logovc1.gif

"So this is what it feels like to be Mr. Fantastic? Coolio."

“So Big Brain finally gets it. Good. Now, do you want to go kick some ass and spend your night here on this rooftop with the Jolly Muslim here?” Junta remarked as he started to levitate off the rooftop.

namenn8.gif

KASPER MEETS WORLD: PART LI

We’re going home.

The White Tiger sighs as he takes his seat and leans back. After one of the most harrowing weeks of his life, the young police officer come vigilante is finally going to be able to see his family again. His mom, his girlfriend and his son. Especially his son.

His special suit is drenched in sweat and puke. His bones are tired and bruised. Some might very well be broken. This quest has brought him to the limits of his abilities time and time again. It has been one big battle from beginning to end; with the Kingpin, with the Hand and even with himself.

But that doesn’t matter anymore now.

I’m going home.

"Hey, kid." I say as I sit down beside White Tiger.

The jet's just got off the ground. We're in the clouds, leaving Japan behind us.

"I just wanted to say, hell of a good job back there. I kinda wondered about you when we first met, a part of me didn't think you had it in ya. But you sure as hell proved me wrong. Here, I want you to have this."

I hand him a scrap of paper with numbers on it.

"It's my cell number. If you need my help with anything, or whatever, don't hesitate to call."

I stand up and walk back to my seat next to Danny.

"Aww, that's so sweet. Why not give him your class ring while you're at it."

"Don't make me ram your Iron Fist up your ass." I say as I lean back in my seat and close my eyes.

It's been a long couple of days, to say the least. From fighting a giant sumo man, to actually helping the Enforces, to smacking around Daredevil's ex, it's been long and strange. We set out with a mission and we did it. this is our reward, I finally get to relax. I get to go home, be with my wife and play with my baby girl.

Gambit pulls away his radio.

"At d'e Pentagon. Rogue's got a group of cops which she's headin' d'ere wit'."

Captain America takes the radio.

"Rogue, tell me about the situation."

"They've already gotten in and taken over. We've got the army here now surrounding the area."

"Why haven't they moved in?"

"General Ross told us to wait."

"For what?"

"The Avengers"

calogo21fz4.png

"We won't keep them waiting Rogue. In the meantime I need you to do whatever you can to keep the pressure on the Skull's forces." Steve says firmly before closing the channel and flipping the radio back to Gambit.

The Captain is all business as he turns first to Bucky Barnes, who nods and heads for the street, and then to the Invisible Woman

"Sue?"

"You don't have to ask Steve" she replies with the sincerity of an old friend offering to help laced with the steely resolve of a soldier ready for battle.

"Good" he says with a nod just as the Winter Soldier pulls up to the team in a comandeered civillian Hummer

"Let's go."

thorlogosb6.gif

"Run?" Thor whispered, his voice about to break from rage

"RUN??!!" He roared as he turned his steed and hurled Mighty Mjolnir at his foe.

The mytic mallet struck Ultron in the chest plate and caroomed off his adamantium shell but rather than returning to Thor it first veered sharply and destroyed first one, then the other of Ultron's drones.

What remained of the second hunter was only just hitting the ground when Thor leaped from his horse and landed upon Ultron. The Lord of Asgard drove his forearm into Ultron's throat and forced the invader to his knees in the same instant that Mjolnir returned to his free and upturned hand. Not wasting any momentum, Thor brought the hammer crashing down upon Ultron's brow.

"I cannot kill you Ultron, somehow you have evolved beyond physical death." Thor roared as he brought Mjolnir crashing down time and again

"But I can break you! I can show you that the Gods do not fear you!" Thor practically screamed as bits and pieces of Ultron's shell began to break off and his head was pounded into an unrecognizable pulp.

"I can show you WHY the Lord of Asgard need never fear any foe, why those who attack Asgard meet only humiliation and defeat!" Thor continued but by now Ultron, though still struggling, could no longer hear him.

It was now that Thor's eyes lit up with power and took a firm grip on Lord Ultron's battered head between his powerful hands.

"It is called the Odinforce monster! And against such a force, even you....CAN....NOT....STAND!!!!"

As these last words were spoken Ultron began to vibrate violently before seemingly imploding into a wisp of smoke.

"Think on that before you face me again Ultron...think on that." Thor said to the wisp of smoke as it dissipated into nothingness.

For a moment the woods were silent but the booming, echoing thuds of the Destroyer's fists in the distance shattered the moment and it was gone.

Every few moments the fists could be heard again and again, and even from this distance it sounded as if the stars themselves were colliding.

"Thor?" Balder asked as he rode closer to his master with both Thor and Tyr's horses in tow.

"Aye Balder, we cannot tarry here, but only I will ride with Tyr into the old strongholds." Thor said matter of factly, fighting hard to pull his attention away from the distant sounds of battle.

"I would send you on a different mission brother."

"As you wish Thor. I shall not fail you." Balder stiffened and replied instantly.

"Be not in such a hurry my friend for while the task I require of you is vital I fear it will sting your warrior spirit more than any blade can cut your flesh."

"What do you mean?" The Golden One asked

"I would bid you go to Earth loyal Balder and seek out one of my old allies, the mortal known as Henry Pym."

"What?" Balder blurted in shock "But Asgard has been invaded Thor. My place is hear Thor, fighting alongside my fellow gods."

"I know your heart rails against this decision Balder." Thor said sympathetically as he walked over to Balder "But you must go and return with haste. Though I can crush Ultron to dust between my hands still will he rise again and again. Force of arms will not win this day, minds will. I have a plan thhough, soon all the magicks at our disposal will be called forth, assembled to create a spell against which Ultron will have no defence."

"Then why?" Balder interrupted

"Because we know nothing of Ultron's workings and we cannot afford to be taken by surprise again. Look at us Balder, already we have been driven from our homes by this invader. Yes we made him pay dearly for his advances but it is a cost he is willing to pay. I am not so willing. Once I would have thrown myslf into battle and le the fates determine the outcome. But that was when I was a prince. Now I am a king and the weight of that responsibility tempers my charge into battle with patience and strategy. That is why you must find Pym. He created Ultron, with his knowledge we cannot fail."

"I...Very Well Thor. I will go." Balder finally acquiesed after finding that he had no response for Thor's brutal honesty.

"Good." Thor nodded before immediately setting to work on the vortex that would send Balder to the human realm and Henry Pym.

The Golden One dismounted and took one look at the slumped and immobile Tyr

"Would that I could trade places with you Mighty Tyr." he whispered before turning to Thor

"I am ready Lord" he said even as the portal took shape before him.

"Then go old friend, let none stand in your way, and return with all haste." The Thunderer replied.

With a nod Balder strode through the portal and was gone. An instant later it closed behind him and once again all was silent save for the pounding of the Destroyer's fists in the distance.

Turning his attention to the Sky above Thor identified the specks that would soon breach the magical atmosphere and hit the ground as more of Ultron's drones.

Lifting his hammer upwards, the Thunderer whispered an incantation and bolts of lighting seared the sky, incenerating the pods like so many candles being snuffed out.

"This is my realm Ultron and I am the master here." Thor whispered to his unseen foe "These skies are mine and naught that comes from them will harm my people."

Vaulting onto his horse he added "You will have to find some other way passed the Destroyer."

With that he rode on to the old Strongholds with Tyr's horsed body in tow while in the distance, beyond the sounds of the Detroyer's fists, a robotic scream of frustration could be heard echoing on the winds.

thorlogosb6.gif

Midgard
The Mortal City of New York

The war going on around him and the bullets and artillery rounds whizzing past him are of no concern.

He walks briskly, confidently, fearing nothing except delay. Under normal circumstances he would stop to aid the city's defenders, give them respite from their attackers, but these are normal circumstances. So instead he bows his head under his borrowed mortal cloak and walks a little faster.

He is Balder the Brave and he has been tasked by the King of the Gods to find the mortal called Henry Pym before it is too late.

****​
The Asgardian Wilds
The Ancient Stronghold of Odin

Here, many leagues South of fallen Asgard where the Destroyer still goes about his bloody business the roads are clear, the grass is green, and the old mountain path teems with all manner of life.

But even here, so far from where so much was fought for and lost, all is not well. The angry clouds and thunder tell part of the tale as they hold back the enemy's airborn attempts at attack, while in the East, through the clouds, the Sun still hangs, unmoving, frozen in place as the gods who's eternal duty it is to mind it worry over other matters.

What little light there is gleams off of the ancient parapets of the fortress and the spear points of its warrior occupants. And far within the mighty walls, beyond the immortal army of defenders and the fortifications they hope will hold is the God of Thunder.

Having only recently arrived with the comatose Tyr in tow the Thunderer is covered in dust and clearly shows the signs of his recent trials, but he can give no thought to rest or relief, not while an invader walks his domain.

Walking quickly after entrusting Tyr to the Warriors Three, the Thunderer arrives in chambers hastily prepared for him and draws an old shroud covering from a wall mounted mirror. The mirror is framed with the finest jewel encrusted gold and bears not a speck of dust. Without a word the Lord of Asgard touches the ancient piece and as he does so it comes to life and reveals two distinct images within. In one image Thor can see Beta Ray Bill and a collection of Warriors, while in the other he sees Queen Sif flanked by the Prince of Power, Hercules. Bill and his fellows hold the Stronghold of the Vili to the West while Sif and hers hold the Stronghold of Ve to the East.

Releived to find each other safe, seperated by necessity and forced to their fortresses of last resort, Thor and his Pantheon now stop running and set out to undo the wrong that has been done upon them.

Last edited:
MKCAE4.jpg

Maya was pretty quiet at first during the beginning of the flight. But you can only be so quiet for such a long flight. I expected it though, really. She went through a tough ordeal both physically and mentally; that's why I didn't try to make her feel compelled to talk if I asked any questions. I wait for her, and when she is ready she finally starts to talk about it.

"It was...like being a puppet...having that ancient spirit within me. I could vaugely make out what I was doing when it was happening, but just as I could not stop myself, I could not see clearly what I was doing."

She's so strong. She fights back the tears, even though she doesn't have to. I'm here for her. I can be her shoulder to cry on. Doesn't she know this?

"Before they performed the ritual, I tried to fight it: what they wanted me to do. But when I refused to watch the fights, they bound me to a chair, and strapped me in."

My fist starts to clench when Maya tells me this. Held against her will, tied down, and forced to partake being in the audience for the bloodbaths. Those kind of fights are not the type where the victor is declared by a point system for where they strike their opponent...in those kind of fights the victor is the one still standing. Their opponent could be knocked out, burned out of energy, or downright dead.

Regardless, it is not a pretty sight. And Maya had to sit through several of these, and then participate in one herself. My fists clench so hard it almost hurts. That is, until she takes my hand.

"I was so scared. I thought there was no hope. Elektra defeated me in combat in New York, so I knew that to try to take her down single-handedly would be futile; especially with an army of ninjas at her beck and call. So I planned to strike back after I played her game of watching the different fighting styles. But then they took me and performed the ritual."

"There's no need to be scared anymore, Maya. I'm here now. That's what matters."

There was an odd vibe between us at the start. Having not seen each other in so long, and remembering that our previous encounter was not on the best of terms...it makes me really happy that vibe goes away. I guess when crisis comes way, you forget all the little things, and look at what really matters.

Right now, Maya is what matters to me. I can barely control myself each time I inhale her scent as I continue to breathe.

I inform her of the past few days of our lives. She doesn't respond as I expected when I mention Fisk, which could mean that perhaps she really has finally forgiven him. Although, I leave out one dirty thing: I don't tell her about him having White Tiger's family in the palm of his hand.

I have a score to settle with Fisk, and by me not telling Maya that nasty little detail, I have something to use against Fisk. He wants Maya to think he has changed? Well he hasn't. How Maya views him, is important to him; he sees her like a daughter. So I am going to get the answers to questions I've had that have yet to have been solved before this night is truly through.

"Matt..."

"Yes?"

"I want to get away from it all."

"...what do you mean?"

"Fighting. I'm tired of fighting. No...it's more than just that. It's New York City itself. When I came back to New York, I wanted to start over with a clean slate. But still, that wasn't possible...go away with me."

"What?"

"I cannot go back to New York City. I will not find peace in such a city such as that one. All the crime, all the danger, all the...it's just too much."

And that is when things get quiet again, and that old vibe returns. Leave New York City? More importantly...leave Hell's Kitchen?

...Can I?

logovc1.gif

“So Big Brain finally gets it. Good. Now, do you want to go kick some ass and spend your night here on this rooftop with the Jolly Muslim here?” Junta remarked as he started to levitate off the rooftop.

IC: Justice.

Josiah, not entirely believing what was happening in front of him, turned to Spider-Man.

"Webhead, don't move. Seeing as he did frame you, you should have been able to guess by now that you don't do what Junta says until he gives you a straight answer."

He then shot a look at his other..."companion".

"What is doing on, Danny? No ********."

logovc1.gif
INDEPENDENCE DAY: PART XV

"What is doing on, Danny? No ********."

“Damn, Josiah, I just gave you the 411 and for once I gave to you straight. You want to stay here and whine or do you want to go and bust some mooks?” Junta replied agitated. “Let’s go pay a visit to flattop, webhead.”

logoxu1.gif
DEADLY HANDS OF: CONCLUSION

Glass shattered all around him.

Cut him and his robes.

He was falling now.

Falling to the streets below.

Just a ways off, Daredevil did the same, battling a group of Hand ninjas as he did so. Silently, Shang-Chi saluted his ally, whom he knew was more than capable of handling his adversaries.

<THUD>

The Master of Kung Fu&#8217;s feet pounded on the pavement. The landing had been far from graceful.

Shang-Chi stumbled into the shadows of the city&#8217;s streets.

He had failed in his mission and had failed himself.

The rescue of the woman known as Echo served as no comfort to him.

Nor did avenging Kenzo&#8217;s death.

The darkness greeted him.

He welcomed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"