The "Heroes vs. Villains: Marvel" RPG Season VII Sign-Up Thread

BnKRPG

Dark Lord of the RPG's
Reaction score
hvsani20aa.gif

This is the "Heroes vs. Villains: Marvel RPG” Season VII
similar to The "World of Heroes" DC RPG Season VI in the DC Comic Based RPG's.

GAMEMASTERS AND DEPUTIES
RULES
  • You can choose to be any superhero or super villain in the Marvel Universe, as long as they:
Are NOT deities, gods, or people such as Death. People like Thanos and Silver Surfer and Captain Marvel and Galactus are okay, though...

Are true to the personality and abilities of the character, such as no Cyclops moving planets with his optic blasts, Dazzler defeating Galactus, or Aunt May as Galatus's new Herald...
  • This is a working environment, so you can travel to different places using your powers or vehicles. Don't miraculously pop up unless you're a teleporter or such...
  • You can reside in any place in the Marvel Universe. You can also travel off-planet, to such places as the Skrull homeworld...
  • Don't do anything RANDOM like chopping off board user's heads or what not, unless your a villain chopping off inanimate victims heads, then whatever, go with it, as long as it's not technically RANDOM...
  • Don't be killing people without reason. You know your weaknesses and strengths, what you can do or can't. Dazzler will lose against Thanos one on one, but may be able to use her allies to help her out or she can run away...
  • If you want to take part in this, just PM BNKRPG or any of the mods or list your name and character here and I'll put your name and character on the first post here. First come, first serve...
  • New RP'ers must start playing on Earth unless said so by any of the mods.
  • You can form supervillain gangs, superhero teams, alliances, the works...
  • You should have a hideout of some sort, at least in the beginning when your not traveling...
  • If you get killed, re-spawn somewhere else like in a hospital or morgue or whatever. Keep playing...
  • There can be a number of stories going on at once, using different people...
  • Act like your characters, ASSUME their traits and personalities...
  • There are endless places to go and endless things to do: ENDLESS possibilities so get creative...
  • There are limits to time travel, do NOT time travel unless you have talked to one of the Gamemasters…
  • There should be MINIMAL cussing and swearing in posts.
    There will be NO By-passing the censors. This is a Hype rule, and NO exceptions will be made for the RPG.
  • No obscene topics!
  • People who disobey these rules, some more major than the others, will get BOOTED a la DEW K. MOSI. As she said about the last thread...
  • If a player decides to kill off their character, new players must have permission from the previous player (if he is still in the RPG) to resurrect that character
For more of the ‘rules’ see- RPG Etiquette

Now here are the players and their characters (alphabetized in each group):

HAVE FUN PEOPLE!!! This is as good as I can do.....

ROSTER

marvelhroster23wx0.gif

avengersroster14af3.gif

xmenroster17vb3.gif

ffroster9vr4.gif

marvelvroster20yd3.gif

REST IN PIECE
The Dead List
Because YOU demanded it!

Electro
Electro UK
*Killed in a bomb explosion*

Siryn
NPC
*Killed in the Ultron attack at her and Deadpool's wedding*

Mr. Immortal
Superferret
*too many times to count*

Loki Laufeyson
NPC
*Killed by Thor in battle*

Bullseye
Keyser Soze
*Unknown circumstances*

War Machine
Electro_UK
*Committed suicide*

Harold "Happy" Hogan
NPC
*Died during Thanos’ attack on New York*

Virginia "Pepper" Potts
NPC

Joe "Robbie" Robertson
NPC
*Murdered by the Shocker*

Edwin Jarvis
NPC
*Killed during a raid on Avengers Mansion*

** means that the character is pending. In other words, the rule is that if you don't post in two weeks without prior notice, you are scrubbed from the roster...

* Means that this is a TWO character player. The player has asked special permission to RP two characters...

* Means that this is an attached NPC...

marvel20jl.jpg

Need some examples of RPing? Why not look at

THE MARVEL RPG'S GREATEST HITS

Season The First:

The Death of Mary Jane

Deadpool finds the X-jet

Bullseye Watches Mary Jane's Funeral

Season The Second:

Jamie Madrox Breaks Down then Up Again

Electro turns on Bullseye

Classic Johnny and Ben

Season The Third:

Deadpool joins the Avengers (joint post between Spider-man9X17 and Electro UK)

Mr. Immortal Interviews Carnage

Daredevil comes close to Death

Deadpool and Deadpool Jr. Go Christmas Shopping

Captain America alone with his Memories

Season The Fourth:

Electro's Last Stand

Bullseye Cheats Justice

Deadpool thanks the Avengers for taking him in

Season The Fifth:

Hawkeye Battles an Ultron Wave

Deadpool One Year Later

Tony Stark is Blackmailed

Deadpool's Wedding
MARVEL RPG SEASON VII Application

Screen Name:

Character you would like to play:

Powers:

Three reasons why you have chosen that character:

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG:

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:

Please provide a sample post in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least 1 line of dialogue):

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards:

New to RPGing?

Last edited:
Bulliten board

- HAVE A FUN SEASON EVERYONE! Work together, make managable posts, don't be a loner and go off searching your inner soul! Fight! Scheme! The more fighting! Let's not have another Civil War...

- This season hasn't started yet. It will do so soon.

MARVEL RPG SEASON VII

Screen Name: Asteroid-Man

Character you would like to play on Earth: Remy LeBeau / The Gambit

Powers:
-Ability to charge inanimate objects with explosive kinetic energy
-Skilled hand-to-hand combatant and strategist
-Master thief

1. He's french, I'm French

2. He's a fun character

3. I used him last season and I had lots of fun and I also set up an arc for this season in Season VI's last Gambit post

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG:
I think I can use my bilingualism to bring a more realistic adaptation of Gambit to this RPG. After training RPG on message boards for the past year, I've learned better ways to do this and I think I can bring a certain touch to this game that no one else can.

As many as needed.

gambitarcadeof6.jpg

MARVEL RPG SEASON VI

Screen Name: Asteroid-man

Character you would like to play on Earth: Arcade

Powers:
-Maniac
-Genius
-Robot and Machine Making
-Trapster
-Expert assassin
-Master of Murderworld

1. He’s a maniac

2. I want to do a solo-arc with Gambit using Arcade

3. I want to play someone who has history with Gambit (both in the Comics and this RPG with the arc I setup last season)

I think I can bring a fun and exciting side story and keep it as a solo-arc so no one else is dragged into it. I think Arcade is a fun character and I think I could portray his “killer” personality in a way that this RPG has never seen before!

As many as needed.

gambitarcadeof6.jpg

It's tradition... but it's not like you'll lose the character if you don't get it up right away.

Screen Name: Blacklight

Character you would like to play:Black Panther

Powers and a brief description of the character in proper English:
T'Challa's senses and physical attributes have been enhanced to superhuman levels by the heart-shaped herb. T'Challa is a brilliant tactician, strategist, scientist, tracker and a master of all forms of unarmed combat whose unique hybrid fighting style incorporates acrobatics and aspects of animal mimicry. T'Challa being a royal descendent of a warrior race is also a master of armed combat, able to use a variety of weapons but prefers unarmed combat. He is a master planner who always thinks several steps ahead and will go to extreme measures to achieve his goals and protect the kingdom of Wakanda. T'Challa's Vibranium-weave uniform absorbs the kinetic force of impacts, rendering him bulletproof. His costume's gloves can generate energy daggers and house anti-metal claws that dissolve other metals on contact. His Kimoyo Card enables global communication, picks up satellite signals, and can block most radio transmissions. His boot soles are thick Vibranium alloy pads which can vibrate at various frequencies, allowing him to run up the sides of buildings, land soundlessly and without injury from a height of 50 feet, walk on water, or slice through metal. His costume is fitted with cloaking technology, allowing it to pass as normal street clothes. He also has access to the many specialized weapons and vehicles of Wakanda. The extent of technology T'Challa has access to is believed to be limitless.

He's the king of Wakanda

2. He's one of my favorite Marvel characters

3. I've played him for about a season now, making him my longest running character next to Blacklight himself.

What can you bring to this game?
Pie and booze.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: once or twice

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards: yes
Black_Panther_001.jpg

MARVEL RPG SEASON VII

Screen Name: Red X

Character you would like to play on Earth: [FONT=&quot]Iron Man/[/FONT]Tony Stark

Powers: Genius-level intelligence, brilliant inventor and engineer, skilled hand-to-hand combatant, cyberpathic link with powered armor which grants: superhuman strength, flight and energy blasts.

1. The last two seasons have seen Iron Man’s rise and fall, this season will focus on his redemption. Can he atone for his sins and will the superhero community forgive him?

2. Character wise Tony’s at an interesting point; in the aftermath of the Civil War he’s fighting the good fight and trying to atone for his actions but at the same time the stress of it all is getting to him and he’s barely holding it together. That’s certainly an interested canvas to develop a character.

3. I’m aiming for a more straight forward superhero story this season, switching the tone from a conspiracy style thriller of the last two seasons back to more classic heroics.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG: Hopefully a classic superhero adventure with strong character development. I will also bring my strong sense of characterization and continuity.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as I can manage.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards: Of course.

IM21-4.jpg

MARVEL RPG SEASON VII

Screen Name: Red X

Character you would like to play on Earth:
[FONT=&quot] Doctor Doom[/FONT]

Powers: Genius-level intelligence, diplomatic immunity, brilliant strategist, vast mystic abilities, ability to exchange consciousness with another humanoid, nuclear powered armor which grants: superhuman strength, physical resistance and endurance, infrared scanners, forcefields generators, flight and energy projection.

1. My goal with Doom to create on a smaller arc that builds upon ideas previous players have brought to the character, with the potential for a bigger arc if people are interested.

2. Because of his goals, Doom can fit the mold as a villain to almost any hero in the Marvel Universe.

3. Doom is in many ways the Marvel Universe’s premiere and definitive villain.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG: A threat to the Marvel universe that will assemble the worlds mightiest. I hope to provide good interaction and characterization as well as a fun story.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as the story requires.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards: Of course

FF_67.jpg

can we get Loki Laufeyson *Killed by Thor in battle* on the dead list please?

Could we please also have added....

War Machine
Electro_UK
*Committed suicide*​

Harold "Happy" Hogan
NPC

Virginia "Pepper" Potts
NPC

MARVEL RPG SEASON VI

Screen Name: Eddie Brock Jr.

Character you would like to play on Earth: Kitty Pryde

Powers: Skilled martial artist; intangibility; flight; trained in computer hacking

1. Being part of a big team (The X-Men) will/has help[ed] me transition better into this RPG - via interaction.

2. Kitty is probably my favorite X-Girl.

3. I don't want to leave Byrd hanging. We've finally resolved some plotlines that have hung in the air for a while - why stop now?

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG: Hopefully, I will continue to write Kitty effectively and in-character. Her life is finally resembling normal again - which makes her a fun character to write now.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as necessary.

image.jpg

For what it's worth, I won't be re-applying for Johnny Storm. I want to leave him open so if/when 9X17 wishes to return, he is basically free.

So, my Bizarro GM counterpart, what's the gap between Season VI and VII?

Well, I'm guessing people have holds on characters judging by the roster; odd that there even is a roster that large when only few have re-applied.

So I wasn't sure exactly what was the deal.

About 2 months Bryd. :up:

Trusty, taken or untaken, who are you interested in playing?

Come on Charlie, it's tradition.

Plus, it's not like it's that hard. Just copy and paste your last app. Takes what? Just a few minutes of your time.

Trusty, taken or untaken, who are you interested in playing?

I'm still thinking about that, but it hinders the possibilities having a copied and pasted roster from the previous Season for new players to this RPG such as myself. Cause I cannot tell if they will keep the character, or take up another, etc. This is also part of the reason I don't like the idea of having this OOC thread up when Season VI hasn't ended. What happened to putting a short amount of time inbetween Seasons before the OOC thread is up?

Chillax trusty, have a think about who you're interested in and ask if they're available :cwink:

Infact Trusty, would you be interested in applying for Magneto of Xavier?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"