The "Heroes vs. Villains: Marvel" RPG Season III

Jeez.

I don't even remember where I am.

My eyes open, and the first thing I see is a S.H.I.E.L.D. logo. Nick Fury?

No, not Fury, unless Nick Fury looks like Sam Jackson all of a sudden.

"Hello, Mr. Hollis. I'm glad to see you're awake."

"Umm.. hey." I sit up in the bed that i had been laying in. "Where am I? Who are you? What's going on here?"

"I'm Special Agent Arnold, and you're in the infirmary of a Top Secret military site."

"Area 51?"

"No, that's somewhere else. This place has been nicknamed the 'Vault 2.0' as we've transferred many of the supervillain prison's more dangerous tenants in an attempt to keep them even more secure."

"That's a lot of info you gave me, what happened to 'Top Secret'?"

"I'm allowing you to know this, because we've decided to take advantage of your 'dropping in' and enlist you for an important assignment."

"What if I refuse?"

"We'll just keep killing you over and over. The boys do need some target practice."

And I thought dying was bad.

5:00 PM. The office of Dan Diddio, editor and chbeif of DC comics. Dan sits at his desk, looking at me.

"Listen. You're a talanted artist. I'll give you that. In fact, I'm pretty damn impressed with the work you did at Marvel."

"Thankyou. Sir."

"But... Listen. We've hired a few supers before. It usually ended with a supervillain or two atacking a convention. We don't need those types of problems."

"Then I'll draw under a pen name. It's just, I really need to start drawing again. I mean, Captain America is a big part of my life. But art is what I love."

"Fine. But, I've gotta ask. Why not go back to Marvel? I mean, I'm happy to have the talant. But you worked there for a few years. Why not go back there?"

"Well, alot of their books are about real heroes. And personally, I don't want to have to relive my life any more than I have to."

"Fine. Would you be interested in drawing The Flash? We need a new artist, and you have a good eye for high paced action."

"Thank you, sir. That would be great. Well, I'll just get going now."

"Bye. Oh, and Steve? Call me Dan."

"Okay, Dan."

I walk out of his office. I head downstairs and take a cab back to my place. There, I change into my costume, and hit the rooftops. Haven't gotten any missions from S.H.E.I.L.D. as of late, so I guess I should do ma little vigilante work to stay sharp.

I start joging along the roofs, jumping across the spaces in between them. I find four thugs of thugs harrasing a family. They have guns. I throuw my sheild at one of then, knocking him out. I jump down, catch my sheild as it bounces back to me mid air, and use it to block their gunfire. I land on one of them, and deliver a roundhouse kick to the other two, knocking them out. I turn to the family.

"Th..thatnkyou. You svaed our lives."

"Just doing what I can."

I kneel down to the kid.

"What's your name?"

"Jarred."

"Hi Jarred. My name's Steve."

"Do you know Spiderman? He's cool!"

"Yeah, I do."

"He's my favorite!"

"Mine too. Well, sorry to chat and run, but..."

I run twords the fire escape, climb up as fast as I acn, and hit the rooftops again. Heh. And Pete says he doesn't have any fans.

The Hobgoblin was joyously blowing up anything that caught his eye when he suddenly began to approach his final destination:

NY%20-%20Rockefeller%20Center%20-%20Tree%20&%20Angels.JPG

He looked at this giant symbol of peace and goodwill, and cackled as an incidniary pumpkin bomb lit it on fire.

Just as this began, suddenly all the power in the city cut out. He had no idea what caused it, but now the only light was that of the giant burning Christmas tree, as the Hobgoblin flew in joyous circles, pumpkin bombs destroying at random the now terrified children on Christmas.

The power goes out for several blocks in the city. The only light for blocks is the Christmas tree in rockafeller center.

It's on fire.

I run as fast as a can twords to the flames. Then I see the cause.

Hobgoblin.

I throw my sheild at his. It hits his head, bounces of a nearby wall, and comes back to me.

"Get the hell away from these people. NOW!"

"Ahhhh- The calvalry arrives"

The Hobgoblin cracks his neck to recover from a rather painful shield strike. This was gonna be fun.

His hands dissapear behind his back and palm 3 high explosive Pumpkin Bombs. He sets them to impact and drops them back. He cues the blades to extend on his glider, and he hits the afterburners...

"LETS PLAY!"

He charges at me. I jump over him, and strike his back with my sheild. I then notice that his bombs have caused damage to the surrounding buildings. I land on the ground and start pushing people out of the way.

OOC: For reference, it's Christmas in Rockefeller Plaza, so there's a LOT of civvies around, and I'm guessing those bombs killed quite a few. Let's make that the dynamic of the fight.

"That the best you can do flag-man?"

That shield certainly does sting. Better keep playing with his mind...The Hobgoblin pulls 6 of his new razorbats out of the bag, 3 in each hand he sends them flying into the crowd. He hits vertical thrusters and gets some air as the bats explode into shrapnel in the crowd below.

He dives at the Cap'n waiting for a response.

I dive into the croud, giving cover to as many as I can. The shrapnel kills several people, though, and I;m hit in the leg. I pull out the metal shard and throw it at Hobgoblin, hitting him in the arm. Aloways do waht they least expect from you.

"You're pathetic, Hobgoblin. Your a thug who got hoped up on steroids, ripped off another criminal, and pretends to be all macjo and tough when using other people to do his dirty work and atacking defensless people. You may be stronger than me, and you may have better toys, but your still a street thug with dreams that are too big for him."

I rip the shard out of my arm. It's fairly deep, but nothing that won't heal. He talks trash but he's cearly disheartened. I pull that special Neutron Pumpkin out just for his entertainment. I send it as far as I can into a large bottleneck full of innocents. It's flash causes every living thing in a ten foot radius to turn to ash. I probably got 50 people with it. I'm down to stock munitions, now it's just him and me. I lower the glider to his level. A good ten feet of taunting space between us.

"I am an EXCEPTIONAL thug. And when last I checked, the KINGPIN of CRIME. Just a FYI, the tape I compiled of our little meeting in DC would prove more than enough evidence to disband the Avengers. My dreams gave me all that. My dreams make me more powerful than most of the types in our line of work, and MY dreams conquered the Earth. Only the actions of my subordinates soured it..."

"So why don't we just fight?"

This time I hit full throttle, and land a solid punch right into that absurd "A" stitched onto his forehead.

He hits me across the top of my head. I survive by rolling with the punch, The bastard's strong, but he's just a brawler. I crash into a wall a few feet away. I throw my sheild at him hitting him in the stomach. It richoches back to me, and I catch it.

"Hmm. You've got yourself a rather well oiled plan there. But let me tell you something about the U.S. military. I have patriot level status. That means I can recruit any civilian as deputized special ops agents. As long as I have that status, which takes more paperwork than amending the constitution, The Avengers will still stand. And even if we didn't have government funding, we wouldn't just keel over and play dead."

I throw my sheild at his glyder, damaging the engine.

"The Avengers don't quit like that."

"You seem to miss my point, Cappie. You 'arrived' on the White House lawn and started smashing up Government property with no probable cause. Your action led to the deaths of THOUSANDS and property damage in the billions. All to kick a popular elected official out of office. Government funding is irrelevant. IF the public EVER saw the proof in question the people of this country would never support you again. No matter how much funding you had you'd always just be feared and hated. The LAPD run nationally. It's not a warning, it's a prophecy: Your days are numbered if I ever WILL it."

The Glider is damaged but functional, I set down and jump off. It automatically leaves the battlefield and now it's just him and me. This is vacation time as far as I'm concerned, but he's certainly shook up.

The Hobgoblin moves in quick, with the speed of his recent Goblin Formula mainline. A quick leg sweep keeps the Captain rolling.

His kick knocks me over. I stop my fall with my hand and push myself back up.

"You have a point there."

I strike at his throat and punch him in the stomach.

"We made a mistake. A huge one. But we'll learn from it and grow stronger. If the public hates us, so be it. This job isn't about the fame or the glory."

I dodge some of his blows and hit the pressure points on his neck.

"It's about catching people when they fall."

I roll with his punches. I would be on the ground in pain if I were but a simple thug. I however am more than powerful enough to shatter Spider-Man's spine. This fight is a mere distraction.

"Give your sappy bull**** to the newspaper people. I'm a murderer and you're a facist. Personally I'm all for it. Chaos and profit is my thing, and you've only enabled me to enjoy both. Just remember: You're a sentinel of Freedom under the US Constitution and you decided you didn't like the President for his past sins and could therefore usurp him. I thought the Red Skull was the Nazi."

I take the oppurtunity to jump at him, with a hard punch right into his gut. I keep hitting him but he beams me in the head with that damned shield and I back off.

I charge at him and put the edge of my sheild to his throat.

"Don't. You. EVER. Call. Me. That!"

I thrust thye sheild up. Not hard enough to take his head off, but hard enough to send him flying a few feet.

I land hard. I'm starting to feel this fight. He's a damn good fighter, but that doesn't change simple facts. Assessment of the situation is simple: He has better skills than me, and the shield is a powerful weapon. He however will NOT kill me under any circumstances. So I need to watch for a knockout from the shield. Otherwise I'm safe. He's quite angry, and his mind is clouded. In short this fight is in the bag if I want it. However, I'm not worried.

"Hahahahaha, afraid of your own reflection you pathetically confused facist?! I can accept what I am. YOU are governed by delusions of importance. Morals don't exist, symbols are useless. Spend your entire pointless useless life enjoying yourself or you're just a waste of carbon."

I run at him and sensing that he knows my style I give him a few feints. He clearly doesn't expect them as I land a hard right hook right on his temple. Now he's angry and lunges angrily at me.

I hit him across the face with my sheild. I pounce on him, and hold the sheild to his throat. Part of me wants to kill him. It would be easy. I just have to push down. I've done it before. More than most people realize. Hundreds of time, in the war. But no. It's not necesairy. He's not worth it. I strike him across the face with my sheild.

Now that shield is starting to hurt. He's REALLY steamed, and that's what makes my holiday enjoyable. I wait until he's coming down on my face with the shield and with my inhuman speed dodge the dropping shield. I grab his arm and give him a full jolt from my shock gloves. And grab him by the neck.

"Just give up...it's over."

He has only one option, and it seems he's willing to take it...

He gives me his best kick straight in the groin. A dirty move and a low blow. I was expecting it. The pain only makes me laugh that he's breaking he's getting so close to crossing the line. I stumble back and let him get his shield. I've done enough mental damage for the evening. And killed a couple hundred people. I'll give him a hollow victory and kill a few more, his White Christmas now considerably bloodier.

He'll get the next hit for free.

I hit him square in the face with my sheild, knocking him out. By now, the police have arived. I take away hi weapons and hand him over to them.

I head to the rooftops to do some thinking.

Hobgoblin was, in his own way, right. Things went very bad at the White House. I've been thinking about this for a while now. I'll have to have a talk with the rest of the team in a bit. But first, It's christmas. I've got a stop to make. I jump off the roof and head into the city.

This was a good evening...The Hobgoblin thought. As he stood over the flaming wreck of the couple of squad cars. The eviscerated bodies of those cops here to restrain me. Over my wrist computer I confirm there are now 3 more widows and 8 children without fathers. On Christmas. My cackle would chill any sane man's blood.

I was hoping Captain America would try to kill me. I am easily fast enough to block a lethal strike from that shield of his. But he went for the blunt side, so I took the hit, played possum, and let them drag me into a car. My Glider remote is in my mask, which, learning from recent events now will not come off without a couple of concealed switches being hit. With a vocal command I ordered it to shatter the squad car's rear windows, and in seconds I escaped and murdered my captors.

The damage however was likely done. I flew back home victoriously. "It's a Wonderful Life" was on in a half hour.

OOC: I am gonna go ahead and skip ahead on the X-Men story a bit sense Jean hasn't posted yet and sense everyone else is doin X-mas, the X-men should too. Haha, you get it, "X-mas" and "X-Men"......whatever. We can do the Jean story after X-Mas (season 4). If anyone has a problem with me doing this, then we will just forget about this post. If this is ok, then this may be my last post for the season, if it is good enough. ;)

Bobby Drake sat on the couch in front of the huge Christmas tree. In the room with him were several of teh X-Men. Some went home to be with their families, while some were talking to their families on the phone, and to some, the X-Men were all the family they had. Bobby felt bad that he hadn't had time to see his parents for the holidays, especially his dad. He would have to make it there for the new year and maybe bring Lorna and Warren with him.

Bobby looks at the beautiful, green haired woman sitting next to him, cuddled in his arms. He looks across the room to see Warren standing, talking to Betsy."Hey Warren, go ahead and open up my gift I got you. Its the box wrapped in green with your name on it."Bobby says pointing at the gift.

"Thanks Bobby, you shouldn't have. What is it?"

"Just open it and find out."

Warren opens the package, and a confused look spreads across his face.

"Warren luv, what is it?"Betsy asks.

"Bobby, what did you get him?"Lorna asks worried at the possibilities.

Warren pulls out a tub of some sort of creme."What is this?"

"That stuff removes those dark, blue/blackish spots under your eyes you get from being tired. Well, I figured sense you whole body was that color, maybe we can get ya back to pinkish or pasty white, depending on whatever Besty likes." Bobby says giving Betsy a playfull wink.

Warren has a short laugh at his friend's constant sense of humor.

"Nah, your real present is underneith the tub of goo."

Warren pulls out a picture. He smiles as he sees that it is a picture from when he and Bobby went on one of their many vacations. He and Bobby were relaxing on a beach each with a cool beverage in their hand, cool shades on their faces and smiling.

"Figured you could use one of those sense most of your pics got ruined in one of the many mansion explosions. Plus, who doesn't need a picture of me in thier room?"

"Thanks Bobby."

"No prob, anything for you buddy." Bobby looks down at Lorna cuddled in his arms."I didn't forget about you, you know."

"Oh, really. Then show me what ya got." Lorna says playfully.

Bobby hands her a small box. Lorna opens it and gasps. She pulls out a mistletoe and attached to it is a diamond ring.

"Lorna,"Bobby says, looking into her eyes,"we have been through a lot together as our time as X-Men. I want to spend even more time with you good or bad. Lorna Dane, will you marry me?"

Warren chokes on the gulp of his cider he was drinking as his wings tear out of his sweater when he hears Bobby ask that question.

"Yes, Bobby, of course I will."Lorna says as Bobby places the ring on her finger and holds the mistletoe above her head as they kiss.

Many fellow X-Men cheer and clap for the new engaged couple as Warren cleans the cider off of himself. Nonody seemed to notice Alex Summers slowly walk away after the engagement.

"I promise you, Lorna, by the time we are married, I will have found a way to revert back into flesh and blood. I won't be permanent ice forever."

"Even so, being ice doesn't matter to me. I love you."

The couple kisses once more.

Darkness. The city was bathed in it, as was Johnny Storm's soul.

"All I wanted was a normal life."

Johnny stepped into the ever familiar blue jumpsuit.

"A new start with the woman I love."

He pulled up the zipper.

"A chance to actually get to know my children."

He pulled on the black leather boots, zipping them up and buckling the top strap.

"But they keep pulling me back in."

He slipped on his gloves.

"They want me? They got me."

A single burst of light shot into the night sky from the roof of the world famous Baxter Building. A streak of flame that began twisting and turning itself into a familiar shape, a familiar beacon. But this time, it wasn't a call fo help, a call to assemble, or a playful celebration. This time, it was a warning. The Human Torch was back.

FFSignalFlare2.jpg

OOC: Johnny REALLY likes doing that.

The Hobgoblin's pleasure cruise in Rockefeller Plaza was both entertaining and lucrative. Christmas Day with an already stretched police detail attempting to quell a madman only made it so much easier for a coordinated robbery by small time lackeys all throughout the city. Heroes seemed less than interested in solving the problems, with the notable exception of the vastly entertaining Captain America.

The sudden blackouts only made it easier. And the grand take was in the millions.

His legitamite enterprises were doing just as well. He'd given Wilson Fisk most of his legitamite holdings back free and clear, keeping only the criminal empire he had more than earned. That said, he was a corporate raider at heart, and some insider trading resulting in a daily gross well over 100 million before the market closed for the holidays. This all based on revenue from Kinsley Inc.'s power companies. Which had a sudden surge in value following the natural disaster in the Hudson River.

All in all, things were happy and prosperous for the Hobgoblin. He had more money than he could ever spend and was thus perfectly satisfied with his life short of his one remaining vice: Murder.

The job is done and the seat of power secured. He sits on a throne of blood and now he will rule. Sitting back and relaxing seems the only logical course of action. He can now turn his outings as the Goblin into little more than recreational trips. That said, he can challenge himself without regard for costs/benefit analysis. Truly, his fun was just beginning...

Midnight Ice said:
OOC: I am gonna go ahead and skip ahead on the X-Men story a bit sense Jean hasn't posted yet and sense everyone else is doin X-mas, the X-men should too. Haha, you get it, "X-mas" and "X-Men"......whatever. We can do the Jean story after X-Mas (season 4). If anyone has a problem with me doing this, then we will just forget about this post. If this is ok, then this may be my last post for the season, if it is good enough. ;)

Bobby Drake sat on the couch in front of the huge Christmas tree. In the room with him were several of teh X-Men. Some went home to be with their families, while some were talking to their families on the phone, and to some, the X-Men were all the family they had. Bobby felt bad that he hadn't had time to see his parents for the holidays, especially his dad. He would have to make it there for the new year and maybe bring Lorna and Warren with him.

Bobby looks at the beautiful, green haired woman sitting next to him, cuddled in his arms. He looks across the room to see Warren standing, talking to Betsy."Hey Warren, go ahead and open up my gift I got you. Its the box wrapped in green with your name on it."Bobby says pointing at the gift.

"Thanks Bobby, you shouldn't have. What is it?"

"Just open it and find out."

Warren opens the package, and a confused look spreads across his face.

"Warren luv, what is it?"Betsy asks.

"Bobby, what did you get him?"Lorna asks worried at the possibilities.

Warren pulls out a tub of some sort of creme."What is this?"

"That stuff removes those dark, blue/blackish spots under your eyes you get from being tired. Well, I figured sense you whole body was that color, maybe we can get ya back to pinkish or pasty white, depending on whatever Besty likes." Bobby says giving Betsy a playfull wink.

Warren has a short laugh at his friend's constant sense of humor.

"Nah, your real present is underneith the tub of goo."

Warren pulls out a picture. He smiles as he sees that it is a picture from when he and Bobby went on one of their many vacations. He and Bobby were relaxing on a beach each with a cool beverage in their hand, cool shades on their faces and smiling.

"Figured you could use one of those sense most of your pics got ruined in one of the many mansion explosions. Plus, who doesn't need a picture of me in thier room?"

"Thanks Bobby."

"No prob, anything for you buddy." Bobby looks down at Lorna cuddled in his arms."I didn't forget about you, you know."

"Oh, really. Then show me what ya got." Lorna says playfully.

Bobby hands her a small box. Lorna opens it and gasps. She pulls out a mistletoe and attached to it is a diamond ring.

"Lorna,"Bobby says, looking into her eyes,"we have been through a lot together as our time as X-Men. I want to spend even more time with you good or bad. Lorna Dane, will you marry me?"

Warren chokes on the gulp of his cider he was drinking as his wings tear out of his sweater when he hears Bobby ask that question.

"Yes, Bobby, of course I will."Lorna says as Bobby places the ring on her finger and holds the mistletoe above her head as they kiss.

Many fellow X-Men cheer and clap for the new engaged couple as Warren cleans the cider off of himself. Nonody seemed to notice Alex Summers slowly walk away after the engagement.

"I promise you, Lorna, by the time we are married, I will have found a way to revert back into flesh and blood. I won't be permanent ice forever."

"Even so, being ice doesn't matter to me. I love you."

The couple kisses once more.

"CONGRATULATIONS YOU TWO!" Warren said upon hearing the news. After all the stuff that has gone on recently in the world, and the whole horsemen of Apocalypse thing a wedding was exactly what the X-men needed to keep the morale up. Warren was definatley not the marrying type, he liked to keep his options open, but he was extremely happy for his best friend because he knew Bobby really loved Polaris.

"You guys will make such an amazing couple" Betsy said walking over to them both and giving them each a hug.

"I would like to make a toast to the happy couple" Archangel said grabbing his glass and lifting it into the air "I am so happy for you Bobby and Lorna...you guys have been my friends longer then I can remember, and have always stood by me no matter what. I know things have been a little crazy this past while but whatever happens in the future we can deal with it together. I'm glad to have you both in my life, and even gladder that you guys decided to share yours forever. To the best friends a guy could ever ask for! CHEERS!"

"CHEERS!!!" Everyone replied raising their glasses into the air and breaking into applause.

"We will find a way to turn you back to normal Bobby" Warren said to Iceman amidst the clapping and cheering "I promise you that"

"Thank you Warren" Bobby replied. He seemed collected but Warren knew he was worried about what was happening to him

"And Bobby..." Warren said "I'm sorry about this whole mess...it's all my fault. I should have never gotten you involved with Apocalypse"

"It's not your fault Warren" Bobby replied "Apocalypse is evil...whatever he has done to me...to us, we can overcome"

"I really hope so Bobby..." Warren replied

"Don't be like that Warren" Lorna replied "I'm sure we could talk to Hank...he would be able to help. And if that doesn't work we can always confide in Reed Richards"

"Yeah..." Bobby replied "...anyway, what did you get me Warren??"

"I dunno if I wanna show you now, your present was so much more thoughtful" Warren said

"Damnit Warren, give it up!" Bobby said with a smirk.

"...Alright, follow me" Warren said

"Follow you....?" Bobby said confused "Where is it?!"

"You'll see" Warren said walking towards the front door of the mansion "Lorna and Betsy, I got some stuff for you guys too" He said encouraging them to follow. They walked outside to the front of the mansion. Warren let Lorna in on the present earlier so she covered Bobby's eyes as they walked out.

"Merry Christmas Bobby!" Warren said signalling Lorna to remove her hands. Bobby opened his eyes and saw a brand new Aston Martin V12 Vanquish sitting on the road leading up to the mansion.

vanquish2.jpg

"Wha-wh-......." Bobby was so flustered he couldn't even get a single word out. "I..uh......um.................THANKS!!" He shouted as he ran over to the car

"And for you my lovely Lorna" Warren said pulling something out of his pocket. It was a rectangular box. She opened it up and saw a diamond encrusted bracelet inside

"Oh my god Warren! You shouldn't have" She said giving him a hug.

"You guys deserve it for putting up with me" Warren said with a smirk. He helped her put it on and then she ran over to show Bobby who was still trying to pick his jaw up off the ground.

"Betsy..." Warren said walking towards her "I saved the best for last" Betsy smiled as Warren pulled a box out of his pocket. "and It's -NOT- a wedding ring so wipe that smile off your face" Warren said jokingly. He put the box infront of her and pulled the top up revealing a gold necklace with purple rubies encrust all along it, and in the middle was a purple ruby heart "These are some of the rarest rubies in all the world" Warren said "I wanted to find something as unique and beautiful as you are"

"Oh Warren! My favorite color! It's gorgeous...I dont know what to say" Betsy said

"Don't say anything..." Warren said taking the necklace out from the box. He walked behind Betsy and lifted her hair up as he put the necklace around her neck "Just kiss me" She turned around, threw her arms around his shoulders and kissed him passionatley "Thank you for coming back into my life" Warren said staring into her eyes. She pulled him close and kissed him again.

Suddenly the power windows rolled down in the car and Bobby stuck his head out "Get a room you two" he laughed. Lorna was in the seat next to him

Warren and Betsy just laughed "thats definatley a good idea" Psylocke said to Archangel mentally "see you tonight..." She smiled and Warren gave her a wink in return.

Lorna saw the exchange and understood what was going on... She turned to Bobby "Someones getting lucky tonight..."

"REALLY?!! oh wait...how are we supposed to......you know....." Iceman replied confused

"I was talking about Warren you goof" Polaris said bursting into laughter

"Are you going to take us for a ride or what??" Betsy shouted to Bobby

"For sure! Get in you guys" Bobby said as Warren and Betsy piled in the back.

"You guys think Magneto is bad? Wait until you see Bobby's driving" Warren said as Bobby turned the car on.

"Don't worry, its Christmas...i'll try and bring the car back in one piece...and all of us" Bobby said as he floored the car, and peeled out onto the road, almost doing a complete 360 on the ice. "This'll be fun"

"Oh God...here we go....." Archangel said grabbing onto a handle for support

***THATS IT FOR ME FOR SEASON III DUDES! I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED IT AS MUCH AS I DID!!!***

OOC: If ya'll are doing it...

IC:

Rogue leaned over the banister and stared down at the student’s milling around in the hallway.
A group of girls laughed and giggled pointing to Kitty and Peter, both who looked up only to find themselves under the mistletoe Bobby had placed in the hall.
Rogue watched as they smiled and Peter leaned over to kiss Kitty’s lips on her up tilted face.
Sighing she turned and looked at the hallway wall across from her. Pictures of black and white hung on it, arranged by Jean, the aesthetic one of the bunch. They were old pictures going back to when Rogue first joined the X-Men and a little before that too.

She turning again she walked down the stair’s through the students, careful to keep what little exposed skin she had away from others. The laughing and talking seemed to fill the mansion like a soft cheerful din. The student’s who stayed for the holiday’s calling out greetings.
“Merry Christmas ROGUE!”

“Happy Christmas!”
“Happy Hanukkah!” She raised her eyebrow as she kept walking towards the back door.
She had been a little shocked when she had heard the number of students whom’ were either not welcomed at home, or had no home to return too. Still a large amount of them had returned to their homes.
So why then did the hallway look like the entire student body was still here.
She looked around and chalked it up to the packages that everyone was laden down with.

Reaching the door, she opened it and welcomed the fresh cold air that gently rolled over her. Stepping through the doorway she closed the door softly behind her, shutting out the humming from the mansion.
Hugging herself she shivered, wearing only jeans, a pair of opera gloves and a sweater it was a little nippy out.
She allowed her new powers to come on, ‘flaming up.’

“Can’t really call it that…Human Torch’s ‘thing’ an’ all.”

She stared at the skeletal trees, the snow lay on the delicate branch’s making them like white veins against the clear blue sky.
“Maybe ‘lighting up?’” She pondered trying to mix the right adjectives and verbs.

She lifted into the sky to keep from melting the snowy drifts and to leave no footsteps in the pristinely smooth snow.
The silence of the outside grounds were breathtaking as she flew over them, taking in the small rabbit running and hiding under a bush, the bright red cardinal fluttering to land on a tree branch causing snow to fly into the air before coming back to the mansion.
She flew around it and peeked into the windows. Kitty and Peter had settled down on a couch in the Living room, most of the students had moved into there as well.

Warren, Betsy, Bobby and Lorne were clustered together, and Rachel sat on the floor with one of the younger students on her lap.
A few of the student’s had cell phone’s out and were chatting away. While other students were still unwrapping their gifts.
Rogue hovered near the window, looking in but not participating. Slowly cutting her powers she landed in the snow, and wrapped her arms around her.
Remy was in there standing next to one of his students and talking to the Professor, his hand’s busy with his ever present deck of cards.

“Not the best way to spend Christmas.” Rogue didn’t even turn at Beast’s voice.

“But it’s a way.” She answered as he came and stood next to her.

Silence filled the cool air, as laughing and yelling filtered through the glass to them.

“You don’t have to punish yourself.”

“Ah’m not.”

A deep chuckle came from Hank.
“I beg to differ. What is this other than you allegorically making your ‘problems’ real?”

“Hank, if Ah had any idea what you just said, Ah’d try ta have a whitty comment to answer it with.” She said turning to him, her breath turning to frost in the air.

Hank smiled.
“I don’t mean to tell you how you feel, but here’s how I see it.
Your whole grown-up life you’ve felt like there has been a wall of glass between you and the one’s you love. Christmas is one of those times when people tend to focus and notice more of the touching that goes on in life. Snuggling next to the fire, kissing under the mistletoe..”

“You got a point to this?” She asked sharply, instantly regretting it as the words left her mouth.

Beast nodded his large fur covered head, his eyes gazing into the living room as Warren and Betsy, Bobby and Lorne all leaned over and kissed their respective partners.

“You’ve distanced yourself behind a real glass wall. Only to be left out in the cold.”

Rogue studied his face as a peak of laughter danced into their ears.
She was silent for awhile before turning her gaze back to the room and asking.

“So, where does that leave you?” She could feel his gaze shifting from the room to her, and she could picture him lifting his eyebrow.
“Why are you out in the cold?” She turned and looked him in the eye.

A smile slowly grew across his feral face.
“Maybe for the same reason you are. Sometimes what you pin on someone sticks on you.”

They watched as two of the student’s linked arms around each other and started to sing. Soon the whole room was flooded with the youthful sound of students singing;

“Hark how the bells,
sweet silver bells,
all seem to say,
throw cares away

Christmas is here,
bringing good cheer,
to young and old,
meek and the bold”​

“Christmas only comes once a year. Shall we break the glass wall? ” Hank asked.

Rogue raised her eyebrow.
“Ah ain’t payin’ the damages.” She teased

“Do you take me for a brute?” He parried, lifting his arm to his side.

“Nevah.” She linked her arm through his and allowed him to lead her around to the door. The sounds of the students voices mixing in the carol followed them.

“Ding dong ding
that is their song
with joyful ring
all caroling

One seems to hear
words of good cheer
from everywhere
filling the air..”

Hank opened the front door and they stepped into the warmth of the Mansion.
The students singing no longer muffled by the stone walls of the mansion.

“Oh how they pound,
raising the sound,
o'er hill and dale,
telling their tale…”​

Rogue stopped, causing Hank to look at her confused.
“Cold feet?” he teased
“No, mistletoe.” She pointed towards the ceiling.
Placing her gloved hand on his cheek she kissed it.
“Thank you Hank.”
“Gaily they ring
while people sing
songs of good cheer,
Christmas is here"

“Cheri?” Rogue looked up to see Remy standing in the doorway of the living room. His perplexed look changed into smile as she beamed at him. She pushed all her fears and anxieties away. Her green eyes reflecting love and happiness.

“Christmas only comes once a year. Mah that sound’s corny.”
Releasing Hank’s arm she walked towards Remy, turning in the hallway She called over the cheerful singing.
“Merry Christmas Hank!”
“Merry, merry, merry, merry Christmas,
On on they send ,
on without end,
their joyful tone to every home
Dong Ding dong ding, dong Bong”​

The cemetary of St. Mary's baptist chucrh in Brooklyne. In my arms is a bag. I go into the cemetary, and walk up to three men standing by a grave. The men are Nick Fury, Gabriel Jones, and Timothy Dugan. The last surviving Howling Comandoes. I stand next to them, and look at the grave.

Here lies James Buchanan Barnes​

Hero​

I take of my mask. I turn to Nick.​

"Thanks for coming. I really apreciate it."

"He was a soldier. More importantly, he was a friend. We couldn't not come."

Gabe speaks.

"And hey, any excuse for us old timers to get out of the house is a good one."

"Yeah. We may be old, but we still stand by our friends."

"Still. Thanks."

I walk up closer to the grave, and take out the bag's contents. Inside is a very old bottle of cheap beer. Bucky's favorite.

"Funny. Everyone always called him my kid sidekick even though he was only two years my junior. Everyone always teased him for it. But even though he hated it, he just took it with a smile and threw another insult back in our faces."

"Those were the days."

I take the beer, open it, and pour it on the grave.

"Drink up kid. You were a good man. You're still missed."

After a few minutes, the others start to walk off. I stay. I stay for a good twenty minutes. Finally, I hear sirens, and the good samaratin in me takes over.

"Sorry to chat and run, but duty calls. Bye, kid."

I run off in the direction of the sirens. Crime doesn't take a break. Even on christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"