The Hip Hop/Rap Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys see the cover for GOOD Music's (Kanye, Common, Big Sean, Pusha T, JOhn Legend. Q-Tip) album: Cruel Summer?
287dma9.jpg

I mean ehhh. I like Kanye's music but he's so self indulgent/pretentious now with some of his beats and now this cover imo. But the album will be good. I already like the 3 tracks that came out
I don't know Mr Beautiful, Dark, twisted fantasy and Watch the Throne were pretty decent and I'm not going to lie I always do some lame dance moves to Mercy and I kind of enjoy listening to most of G.O.O.D. Music members so I'm probally going to buy and enjoy this albulm

Oh I'm not doubting that the album will be good. I even say in the post that I think it'll be good. I just think Kanye does try to be too "artsy" some times.q

Kanye's recent stuff has been a bit hit and miss for me

ugh... i used to love hiphop... now i consider it the worst genre outthere... particularly al the mainstream hiphop.. i love guys like Immortal Technique and some of 2pac's music but most sucks so bad...

i mean really... its such torture to my ears... its not even entertaining to listen to... Lil Wayne? he literally sounds like nails to a chalkboard... wow...

i kinda hate how shallow most rap songs are.

someone said jokingly one time that rappers never need to itemize their taxes cuz they've already done it in their song, and i think of that every time i hear an artist brag about what they have.

so much shallow ish on the radio nowadays

Most Rap on the radio is awful.

I don't know why people like Rick Ross. His a sweaty fat guy who shouts generic gangster rap.

I'm surprised no one's talked about Snoop Dogg changing his name to Snoop Lion, claiming to be Bob Marley reincarnated.

Yeah I heard of that
1) I dont think SNoop knows how the concept of reincarnation works
2) It's the dumbest idea
3) The idea would be better if his reggae songs were actually good

Snoop should of just copied Nas and made a reggae/rap album with one of Marleys kids.

Yeah I heard of that
1) I dont think SNoop knows how the concept of reincarnation works
2) It's the dumbest idea
3) The idea would be better if his reggae songs were actually good

Lmao, agreed on all three points. Seems like he's just doing this for publicity, but you can never be sure. He has a reggae album coming out... This reminds me of Wayne's rock album. :csad:

Snoop should of just copied Nas and made a reggae/rap album with one of Marleys kids.

Snoop should've just stayed Snoop Dogg. Snoop Lion sounds terrible and forced.

This

Lmao, agreed on all three points. Seems like he's just doing this for publicity, but you can never be sure. He has a reggae album coming out... This reminds me of Wayne's rock album. :csad:

Nah I dont think it's publicity. I think it's just part of his persona. Snoop= the cool guy who always smokes weed and is laid back like a stereotypical Rastafarian.

Its just an experiment along the lines of Wayne's rock album (like you said), Kanye's 808s and HEartbreak, Cudi's rock album or Drake's R&B album :o

I've been listening to Curren$y's new album myself. One can never go wrong with good ol Curren$y.

yOtPo.jpg

This

Nah I dont think it's publicity. I think it's just part of his persona. Snoop= the cool guy who always smokes weed and is laid back like a stereotypical Rastafarian.

Its just an experiment along the lines of Wayne's rock album (like you said), Kanye's 808s and HEartbreak, Cudi's rock album or Drake's R&B album :o

Yeah you're probably right. This doesn't really feel like a genuine transformation, it's like he did it just to keep up his persona. Can't believe those albums slipped my mind, and the Drake comment made me lol. I hope it really is an experiment, because the others made it clear that those albums were experimental while Snoop's making it seem like a permanent thing.

The Snoop Lion thing is kinda hilarious imo,but I have to admit I kinda like the song Diplo produced for him.

EDIT:Actually on second listen it doesn't work at all.Snoop sounds ridiculous.

I think Snoop is just going through one of his little phases. Dude is going through like a really hilarious mid life crisis or something.

Next he'll be reborn as Snoop Kitten after spending a couple of months of being locked in an Amsterdam coffee shop full of cats.

I think Snoop is just going through one of his little phases. Dude is going through like a really hilarious mid life crisis or something.

Next he'll be reborn as Snoop Kitten after spending a couple of months of being locked in an Amsterdam coffee shop full of cats.

And if that happens I'll finally give up and be like, "Come on... Are you kitten me?". :csad:

Snoop Lion will flop and he'll go back to his old ways

The Snoop Lion thing is kinda hilarious imo,but I have to admit I kinda like the song Diplo produced for him.

EDIT:Actually on second listen it doesn't work at all.Snoop sounds ridiculous.

LMAO you did a complete 180 on that song.

Hopefully, I bet he'll go back when he sees the record sales.

And if that happens I'll finally give up and be like, "Come on... Are you kitten me?". :csad:
:funny:

This person on Youtube said it best:

"You guys should watch the vice documentary on Snoop Lion. The heartwarming story of a stoner becoming an even bigger stoner. I cried a little"

:lmao:

I still respect rappers willing to go outside their comfort zone and try something new because alot of rappers are happy to just put out album after album of the same old stuff.

Definitely. I wish Snoop the best honestly but you have to admit the entire thing is a bit funny.

I mean have you seen the press conference and the trailer for his "reincarnation"? The guy is unintentionally a comical genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"