The Huntsman: Winter's War

Double standard I guess.

I guess it's kind of like of The Snow Queen with a twist? Like what if the evil queen from Snow White and the Snow Queen were sisters.

Does Snow White even have a snow queen in any version of its mythos? That's kind of weak. It's less "new twist on an old fairy tale" and more "the last movie we made with the new twist on the old fairy tale lets just spin it off and leave the star out of it because the actress cheated on her boyfriend with the director, we got Thor right...? Lets make Thor the lead!"

The funny thing is even the studio now realizes that nobody gives a crap about Hemsworth outside of a Marvel movie so now they are pretending that the film is a live action version of Frozen.

Her affair was nobody's business but the people directly involved.

Does Snow White even have a snow queen in any version of its mythos? That's kind of weak. It's less "new twist on an old fairy tale" and more "the last movie we made with the new twist on the old fairy tale lets just spin it off and leave the star out of it because the actress cheated on her boyfriend with the director, we got Thor right...? Lets make Thor the lead!"
No, but there is a Snow Queen fable, which later inspired Disney's Frozen.

Saw this yesterday because my office had free movie tickets to dispense of.

Another generic, bland fantasy film for the record books. Bleh.

Well, those are three good things to come out of this.

I guess it's kind of like of The Snow Queen with a twist? Like what if the evil queen from Snow White and the Snow Queen were sisters.

I mean does it really matter and warrant her being written out? She had one indiscretion with a married man. She'd hardly be the first woman in Hollywood to do so.

Steven Spielberg spent all of Temple of Doom flirting with his future wife Kate Kapshaw. Was he not married to another woman at the time?

Spielberg was in the middle of a divorce at the time, so was George Lucas.

I've seen it last Sunday and the cast and the VFX carried the film. It just sucks that the story was very poor, I feel very off about the prequel/sequel thing, like it would be just confusing to the people who didn't see the first one and the structure of the film was not just very good. The humour of the film didn't work on me, like I heard some laughs but I didn't laugh at all. I also slept during the forest scenes (which didn't really feature the evil sisters). Visually, it looked really good and I was just like wondering if they got more sisters with the visual appealing powers. The actors were good, though Chris/Jessica were okay in their roles, I didn't find their characters interesting unlike the Evil Sisters (who weren't even developed that much) and I think their pairing was off. And they should have called this "Ice Queen and the Huntsman", it sounds more similar to the title of the first one.

Last edited:
Charlize Theron was the lead for Aeon Flux and I was forced by someone to watch the Gulliver's Travel movie starring Jack Black and Emily Blunt was the love interest. So not surprising.

I was trying to refrain from the obvious.

Here is my whole biggest problem:

In the first movie, Finn taunts Eric with knowledge of being the one who killed his wife. And yet, in this movie, Eric is there when his wife "dies." It was all a fake trick. But the one who he thinks did the deed wasn't even Finn. In fact Finn is nowhere to be found in the flashback first act.

I assume they wanted us all to forget about this and just think, "OK Eric had a wife he thinks is dead, but whoop she isn't. I on the other hand will not let this go and it's a big problem for me.

Also I think what happened to Snow White in this story was pretty bogus. Maybe Stewart didn't want to work on a sequel, but did they even ask?

Here is my whole biggest problem:

In the first movie, Finn taunts Eric with knowledge of being the one who killed his wife. And yet, in this movie, Eric is there when his wife "dies." It was all a fake trick. But the one who he thinks did the deed wasn't even Finn. In fact Finn is nowhere to be found in the flashback first act.

I assume they wanted us all to forget about this and just think, "OK Eric had a wife he thinks is dead, but whoop she isn't. I on the other hand will not let this go and it's a big problem for me.

Also I think what happened to Snow White in this story was pretty bogus. Maybe Stewart didn't want to work on a sequel, but did they even ask?

Considering the trouble Stewart created during and after production of the first film, I doubt they asked her if she wanted to return.

Last edited:
Stewart created? Hey now it takes two to tango. :p I'd blame the original director too...

Well VileOne wasnt asking about the director.

Considering the trouble Stewart created during and after production of the first film, I doubt they asked her if she wanted to return.
IMHO, not a valid reason to not bring her back.

What problem did she cause exactly? The only issue I see are sexist double standards.

If Theron, Blunt and Chastain can't make this work then bringing back Stewart is hardly going to elevate the film.

What does it matter now anyway? Neither party was involved in this garbage.

Yeah it looks like Stewart dodged a disaster so ultimately her not being involved is a win. Charlize won because she got paid a crap load of money.

i am hearing Emily Blunt is terrible and is the worst part of this movie

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"