• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Huntsman: Winter's War

I think this movies budget was lesser than the first one even though the extra cost's went to other areas like getting in Blunt and Chastain as well as paying Theron up to $15m for this.

I don't think that the budget is bigger that's for sure.

Personally without good reviews I think it will do moderate at best numbers. People didn't like the first one and this one looks worse.

Last edited:
http://variety.com/2016/film/review...w-chris-hemsworth-charlize-theron-1201742727/

Review's out. Looks like I was right. It IS a prequel/sequel combo like 300: Rise of an Empire was! Then why is Universal going out of their way to make it sound like just a prequel? Also, it seems as though the movie goes well out of its way to try and keep Snow White out of the story. Which is honestly fine, because Kristen Stewart was probably the weakest part about that last movie. She can't act!
IMHO the marketing campaign has been all over the place. The trailers even say this is the story before Snow White, and yet reviews indicate over half the movie is set AFTER the first film. WTF?!

They don't want to explain why Snow isn't in the film if it's mostly a sequel.

The simple solution would have just been to recast the damn Snow White role. But I guess that would have interfered with the disgusting idea of stealing one of the few female led wannabe franchises and giving it to a man.

From the reviews that have come out it really seems like the biggest problem the movie had was working around the absence of Snow White. She is needed in the story (and there is supposedly a shot of her from the back) but not really present. And then it gets messier as the story's focus switches around so much between characters.

Also seems the love story between Eric and Sara doesn't work because Hemsworth and Chestain have zero chemistry.

Only positive thing mentioned by all reviewers so far is the quartet of dwarfes. And a lot like Blunt's Ice Queen and the costumes and some nice visuals.

Oh well I'll see for myself in 2 days as I didn't make the pre-screening we had in my town yesterday.

From the reviews that have come out it really seems like the biggest problem the movie had was working around the absence of Snow White. She is needed in the story (and there is supposedly a shot of her from the back) but not really present. And then it gets messier as the story's focus switches around so much between characters.

Then why the heck didn't they just recast the role?

I can think of a few reasons why.

But they wanted to give Huntsman his own franchise, so there you go.

Also seems like this film directly ignores certain plot twists of the first film as well.

As the trailers indicated, this is not a true prequel.

I knew this would be a mess right from the start, when this movie was announced. Especially without Snow White and the only reason I gave a damn about it was because of the ladies involved namely Chstain, Theron and Blunt. oh well it's not as though I'm looking at this through how I would an Oscar bait movie anyway.

I feel like this movie would be better if the Huntsman wasn't even in it. He's like an afterthought.

Possibly the other problem is that Theron was only in the movie for like 15-20 min. Chestain's and Hemsworth's scottish accent sucked and they have no chemistry. And even though Blunt's Ice Queen got a good amount of screen time, her character was still under developed.

Basically under deveolped characters in general and a storyline that twists itself into knots working around the absence of Snow White even though she is 'there'. Movie can't figure out who to focus on and Theron wasn't in it nearly enough.

They really should have gone with Frank Deboran't script and recast Snow White if they couldn't figure out how to exclude her for real.

[YT]5eMkw0UkjhU[/YT]

OMG these two. Someone get them together in something better asap.

Lets make a sequel to Snow White and the Huntsman and not include the Snow White character. That is such a brilliant idea... :o

Oh, are people still stuck on that complaint? :o

EDIT: Oh, we're talking reviews now. Nevermind.

Oh, are people still stuck on that complaint? :o

EDIT: Oh, we're talking reviews now. Nevermind.
If people can still ***** about the Ghost Busters being women then I can still ***** about one of the few female lead franchises being handed to a male actor.

If people can still ***** about the Ghost Busters being women then I can still ***** about one of the few female lead franchises being handed to a male actor.

Does this count as being handed to Hemsworth when he's blatantly being overshadowed by Theron and Emily Blunt? :o

I mean, from the looks of things, I'm honestly surprised his name is even in the title...

Does this count as being handed to Hemsworth when he's blatantly being overshadowed by Theron and Emily Blunt? :o

I mean, from the looks of things, I'm honestly surprised his name is even in the title...
Lol, hmm, I can't deny that you have a point.

Recast Snow White. It is amazing that Stewart is still getting plenty of work, but needs to be recast here. :funny:

Well at least in my country Hemsworth has to share the movie title with the Ice Queen. I guess they thought that would go better since Snow White was in the last movie's title. Maybe Universal in my country remembered what the original purpose was should this become a 'franchise' and that's for the Huntsman to wander into different fairytales...and you might want to mention which fairytale in the title of the movie.

Yes. The movie is titled Huntsman. Not Queen Ravenna Strikes Back.

Snow White was the hero of the first movie and she was the one who defeated Ravenna and became queen. She's been written out and left to the side. No matter how you feel about Kristen Stewart, the story was built around her and her overcoming her foe.

Now maybe if they wanted to explore more of a forbidden romance between Snow White and the Huntsman, I think that would've been cool. I think that's a bit of a fresh twist on the story. Sort of give her a love triangle between her, a huntsman peasant and a more regal like prince. So it's sort of a classic theme of duty over love.

I think we can make an argument here that they started this as a franchise and then just turned it over to the male hero character.

They're marketing it more heavily towards the women because Frozen and evil queens are popular. Gotta pimp out that Ice Queen imagery as much as you can to sell those tickets. Hemsworth hasn't been a box office draw hence why he's not front and center of this marketing.

We all know why she was written out. We all do.

I don't see the hook for this movie. The first one was "Snow White with a twist" but what fairy tale is this movie twisting? We have two characters from the Snow White story but without Snow White, and she is replaced by Emily Blunt dressed as the girl from Frozen and Jessica Chastain as a warrior type character that you'd see in a Dragon Age story or something. What is this franchise even about anymore?

I guess it's kind of like of The Snow Queen with a twist? Like what if the evil queen from Snow White and the Snow Queen were sisters.

We all know why she was written out. We all do.

I mean does it really matter and warrant her being written out? She had one indiscretion with a married man. She'd hardly be the first woman in Hollywood to do so.

Steven Spielberg spent all of Temple of Doom flirting with his future wife Kate Kapshaw. Was he not married to another woman at the time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"