Snow White and the Huntsman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, while we're on this tangent my two favorite JNH scores for Shyamalan movies:

^That track in particular is one of my favorite pieces of music from any movie ever. The build-up and catharsis is incredible, imo. It's what first made me take notice of JNH's work.

Last edited:
That monster thing looks like a Mirazayki creation!

Loved the new trailer, Theron looks so hot in this and it definately looks a good movie.

Is it just me or does anyone else just grin when they hear Charlize's laugh at the end of the trailer (it's at the end of that featurette too). There's just something about *that* laugh that I love *lol*

cant wait for this movie but i dont understand why people say kristen is not pretty some even say ugly it kind of baffles my mind how is this not a pretty girl
8vole0.jpg

Who ever said she wasn't pretty? She is very pretty especially now that she has that long black hair. She just doesn't hold a candle to Charlize Theron is all that I've heard.

It's more of a visceral dislike for her due to Twilight, more or less.

It's more of a visceral dislike for her due to Twilight, more or less.
i 100% agree i guarantee most of the hate towards her would'nt exist if she never did twilgiht and stuck to her indie movies like :

Speak
Into The Wild
Welcome To The Rileys
Fierce People
etc.

the people dont even hate her they hate twilight but they put it on her

She was great in Into the Wild, and was strangely sexy in Jumper. Though she has those "I want you' eyes in the film with Hayden Christiansen even though they're [BLACKOUT]unknowingly related.[/BLACKOUT]

That's the one reason why Twilight has failed: they all fail to use Kristen's best quality: her eyes.

Project86 are you on a mission to change people's opinion? i dont think anyone said that Kirsten is ugly. everyone wrotte that tehy dont like how she acted in twilight and that Charlize is more hot. :)

^oh you havent been on the boards i have i have seen many people straight up ignorantly say

"why they choose her she is ugly"

cant wait for this movie but i dont understand why people say kristen is not pretty some even say ugly it kind of baffles my mind how is this not a pretty girl
8vole0.jpg

No-ones said she's not pretty man.

She's an average sort of pretty. And that's kind of the issue.

well snow white was'nt some gorgeous model lol

snow white was always quite ordinary looking
Snoww.gif

she is no princess jasmine,Ariel,Belle,Cinderalla or anything

she was always the most normal beauty disney princess
800px-PrincessLineup.jpg

I'll ignore the fact that she's been depicted since the early 1800's as more than average in her looks, and point out that the Disney Snow White was supposed to be beautiful too, in 1937 terms. Hence the 30's/40's screen starlet look, hairdo and makeup. The art may not quite have caught up to some of the subtleties of beauty that are rendered now, but that was the intention.

She's an average sort of pretty.

Snow White wasn't just fair.

She was the fairest.

I get it, they're going for inner beauty. Hopefully they will present it that way so there's no confusion.

And hopefully she won't give a performance that makes it appear as if she is stoned, but rather one full of empathy and warmth.

i can see your point

anyways i hope we get a new poster soon

and hope to see more of the prince and more of the dark forrest which looked beautiful in trailers

I like to use the term 'plain pretty'.

She looks best when she has her hair covering her ears.

I never understood why someone with really big ears insists on always having their hair pulled behind them

Hero Complex Interviews Director Rupert Sanders

NC: We see such a bleak world in the new trailer for “Snow White and the Huntsman.” Can you tell us about creating this particular brand of dark magic?

RS: I wanted to make a big, epic medieval film with lots of knights in shining armor. I used to love history books as a kid, and so I was really kind of creating those massive films, and then within that, I wanted to create a sense of believable magic, so this is a world where people believed that the dark forest was inhabited by creatures. It’s not a fantasy movie, it’s definitely a fairy tale movie, but kind of that was the time when people felt these things existed.
NC: You make a distinction between fairy tale and fantasy. How would you say they’re different?
RS: Fantasy, to me, I think is anything goes. The world is fantastic; it’s not a real world. Whereas ours is a real world where magical things happen and people believe in them. It’s much more historic, I think. Our world, for all intents and purposes, could have happened in 1480 when they believed that these things existed. And that was where most of these stories came from — in that period in the Middle Ages. Whereas fantasy, to me, it never existed; it’s a parallel world. This is our world, as it was in that time.
NC: Charlize Theron seems a terrifying as the evil Queen Ravenna. How did you develop this villain?
RS: I think what we really tried to do is make her a realistic character. It’s a hard character to play because everyone has their perception of what the evil queen is and what the villain should do, but I think what was great about what Charlize wanted to do, is she wanted to find a very believable, very realistic, very wounded character. People who are wounded are much more dangerous. You look at nature, people who are protecting their young, or an animal that is wounded is far more vicious and violent than something that is just strong. And I think that she found this incredible pain within herself that made the brutality of what she was doing far more resonant.

NC: And Kristen Stewart is your Snow White.

RS: She’s quite stunning. She’s really good. First thing I saw her in was probably “Panic Room,” and then I saw her in “The Runaways” and “Into the Wild.” She’s an incredibly talented actor. I think a lot of people think that she’s Bella Swan because she played that part so well, and she really epitomized that character from the books. She was really strict with herself that she’d wear brown contacts, which is hard to act with those things in, because so much is coming from the eyes, but that’s what Bella Swan had. She’s very serious about what she does, and she’s incredibly gifted, and she’s incredibly intuitive, and she’ll just try different things. It was great to work with her. She’s a very one-of-a-kind actor.
NC: We’re familiar with Chris Hemsworth from his performance in “Thor” and the upcoming “Avengers” movie. You’ve said that he delivers a very emotional performance in “Snow White.”
RS: When I saw “Thor,” I thought, you know, he’s got the charm, he’s got the presence, he’s got the physicality. But when I met him, he’s got this kind of great broodingness to him. He’s got this amazing deep voice. He sounds like Morgan Freeman or something. He’s just so versatile, and he loves this kind of film. This is the kind of film he grew up on. He’s endlessly talking about “Legend” and “The Dark Crystal” and “Labyrinth” and all the fantasy films he loves. There are a couple of scenes where he has to really go there, and he’s totally willing to bare his soul, which is rare to find all those things — I call it the beauty of the Australian actor, because they have the British training and the American diet. He’s massive and muscle-y, but he’s as good of an actor as some of those British actors. He’s kind of got it all, Chris. He’s a lucky man, and he’s very busy because of it.
NC: I understand the eight dwarfs in your film are different than previous incarnations of the classic characters. Can you tell us a little about your dwarf mythology?
RS: They’re not called Happy, Grumpy, Sneezy and Dopey. In our film, they used to noble gold miners because they could see light in the darkness, and they see that light in Snow White. But while they were down in the caves, the Queen took over, and when they came up, the land was blackened, and all of their tribe was lost. So they’ve lost everything, and they’ve become highwaymen, basically. So they meet our characters by trying to rob them. They basically beat the … out of both of them, and lynch them, and then try to take all their money. And then she kind of bonds them together, and they all go off together and continue the journey.
NC: And your dwarfs are portrayed by an incredible lineup of British actors, including Nick Frost.
RS: We’ve got Bob Hoskins, Ian McShane, Ray Winstone, Toby Jones, Eddie Marsan, Johnny Harris and Brian Gleeson — really amazing. Another actor I think is stunning in the film, who really plays more of the villain, ironically, than the Queen, is her younger brother. He’s called Sam Spruell, who plays Finn, who’s the one with white hair. He’s incredible. I saw him in a small British gangster movie called “London to Brighton,” and I was like, I gotta get that guy. He’s stunning in it.

You're defensiveness about this movie is getting over the top.

Stewart is just plain looking, especially with that dark hair. She's no where near ugly and she's no where near stunning. That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"