The Hurt Locker won another 7th Oscar? WTH?

lime

Movie critic
Reaction score
I was just in IMDB and I saw that now The Hurt Locker has 7 Oscars, and it has added third oscar for sound. What the Hell? It's not an error. When I go to the Oscars profile there is one more Sound category with Only Locker as nominee and winner. What the hell is that?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0887912/awards

Who the hell cares? Oscars don't mean ****. Marlon Brando used his as door-stoppers.

I was just pissed that THL got both sound oscars and not Avatar (with clearly the better sound). And now they give the movie third additional sound oscar? What the hell!

I'm sure they did it just to piss you off, either that or to piss james cameron off.

Im glad Avatar didnt win ****.
Me too.

Its in line with the pretty consistent trend of the better and more deserving movies losing out to the inferior and less deserving ones, proven again last year with TSN vs Kings Speech.

Me too.

Its in line with the pretty consistent trend of the better and more deserving movies losing out to the inferior and less deserving ones, proven again last year with TSN vs Kings Speech.

I would totally agree...if it was opposite day.

You just don't understand whan I'm asking!!! Where this additional sound oscar come from? THL is the only film to get it? Why?

Somebody at IMDB messed up, that's all. There's only 2 sound categories - "Sound" and "Sound editing," no "sound mixing." (I think mixing is under the general category of sound.) No need to get all freaked out about it. :funny:

I was just pissed that THL got both sound oscars and not Avatar (with clearly the better sound). And now they give the movie third additional sound oscar? What the hell!

A large amount of Avatar's sound was recycled from Jurassic Park. Seriously, they didn't even try to change it at all.

I mean in the 3rd one, the sounds the raptors make when they call to eachother is actually a pretty significant plot point and then they went and used the exact same sound effect for the horses or whatever in Avatar.

While the overall mix was good, I'm glad it didn't win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"