The Hype! Dream Journal

The Original Bamfer

Big, Bald and Beautiful
Reaction score
The title says it all! Here's a place where we can catalogue our dreams and have others analyze them!

Let's try to keep it neat and tidy, as it is for all of us. Aside from being within Hype! rule, I only ask that, if you're posting a dream, begin the post with Entry and if you analyze a dream, quote the entry and start your response with - you guessed it! - Analysis.

Your entries can consist of dreams you had last night, recently or in the past. You're welcome to post daydreams!

Tips: Tell us as much about your dream as you can - is it reoccurring? Have you already analyzed it? If it's an old dream, how old were you when you had it? And so on!

If you're really into the psychology of dreams, like me, I recommend starting an actual dream journal. Record as many details as you can remember and then post them here!

And if you have any legitimate information on dream analysis (such as links,) feel free to post it and I can edit this post to include said information.

Click here to read past Hype! dreams!

Dream Analysis Sites:

Dream Moods

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I know threads have existed on the topic of dreams, but all have appeared to die down into the bottomless pit of the Hype!'s back pages. Plus this one's multi-purpose!

Last edited:
Entry

Occurrence: A few nights ago

The dream begins with me, my parents, a family friend, her daughter and a few other undeterminable faces, walking out of a small log cabin directly into a thickly-wooded area with many tall, slender trees packed tightly together. In the near distance, to my left, was a modern road, though I think we were all dressed in, oh, clothing like what you'd see in 'Little House on the Prairie.' We all walk through the trees till the family friend's daughter - we'll call her Rachel - stumbled upon a nearly-decayed corpse. We were all terrified and somehow knew the victim's predator was neither human nor animal. Suddenly, this strange, awful monster appeared. It was hard to see, but what I did see was something that looked like a large bat, but had long legs, and it was entirely skeletal. It flew very fast and instantly killed one if the nameless people. Then, my mother's friend said that it'll attack anyone who touches either a birch or beech tree - I'm not sure which. So we all latched on to other trees. A big wind blew and someone said, "when this happens, you have to do the opposite; touch the bad tree or else it will kill you." I think it came back and attacked another person. The tone of this dream, while sounding like a bad SyFy channel movie, was awful. It felt like death and darkness, despite it taking place in a very sunny setting. And the dream heavily focused on Rachel and her mother. I woke up right after the last attack and it was late morning.

Other Information: I have crazy dreams all the time and believe that many of them are, as psychology theorizes, my unconscious speaking out. Most of the dreams I've had I don't remember quite so vividly. But the one's I can recall, I do try to analyze. This one, though, has yet to be attacked my dream dictionary. :o

Last edited:
I dreamed I found Voltron. It wasn't real though, life isn't worth living.

Entry

I had a dream.

I was in school, community college at that, and the teacher or assistant sat in front of me during class to interview us on stuff. And she sat right in front, her legs/knees touching my stuff. :) oh yea. :( but nothing fun happened. She asked me weird questions and I think what's my beliefs or something and I said "Well, being Pagan, I don't think Rick Santorum would improve." Santorum being a Republican GOP Nominee for President who is a big time Christian.

Analysis
I take the dream as...

1. I'm horny, but nothing happens.
2. I'm Pagan and afraid to come out as Pagan.
3. Rick Santorum won't be President, sorry Ricky.

Last edited:
Entry

I'm driving my mother to the doctor's office. As I stop near a traffic light I feel angry. My mother asks, "why are you mad?" I reply, "Where's the item box!" I then get hit by a turtle shell. Then a race begins with other cars behind me.

Analysis

I need to stop playing Mario Kart before I go to bed.

Entry

I'm driving my mother to the doctor's office. As I stop near a traffic light I feel angry. My mother asks, "why are you mad?" I reply, "Where's the item box!" I then get hit by a turtle shell. Then a race begins with other cars behind me.

Analysis

I need to stop playing Mario Kart before I go to bed.

Analysis

Your mother and her concern is significant. Maybe you know or think she's concerned about the amount of Mario Kart you're playing. :o

I'm not sure if this was actually a dream of yours or not, but you mentioned driving, so I'll go on a bit about that. Driving's interesting. If you're the one driving, it's said to signify having control over your life. If it's on a road, the road may represent your path in life, and whatever obstacles you face on that road may reflect the obstacles you're facing or will be facing in your life.

Well I guess you can call it a dream. I was asleep but at the same time aware I was sleeping.

Well, yeah, that's still a dream. I just wasn't sure if it actually occurred or if it was a mock post (a la knowsbleed's.) And I'm also pretty jealous because I don't get to dream of awesome things like Mario Kart. :csad:

^ You'll get there my young Padawan, you'll get there. :)

This one's a doozy.

Entry

I'm a teenage girl in cancer ward at an unknown hospital. I awake to some doctor's hovering over head. Apparently, I have agreed to some kind of experimental treatment using some sort of radiation. Could alien or something. Skip to few months, I'm feeling better, but I notice something is off. I feel something's is wrong with my body. I walk into the bathroom and notice blood in my eyes. My body is detiriating slowly. I walk out and I'm not in the hospitable just home. I then walk over to a desk and pull out a hammer and smash my arm with it. It breaks like glass but re-materializes. I then realize I'm floating...

So I need help with this one. :confused:

I wouldn't call it flying, but I have jumped and then just floated up unable to get back down (or taking a really long time.) Also, whenever I drive in my dreams the car always seems slow and unresponsive.

^ You'll get there my young Padawan, you'll get there. :)

This one's a doozy.

Entry

I'm a teenage girl in cancer ward at an unknown hospital. I awake to some doctor's hovering over head. Apparently, I have agreed to some kind of experimental treatment using some sort of radiation. Could alien or something. Skip to few months, I'm feeling better, but I notice something is off. I feel something's is wrong with my body. I walk into the bathroom and notice blood in my eyes. My body is detiriating slowly. I walk out and I'm not in the hospitable just home. I then walk over to a desk and pull out a hammer and smash my arm with it. It breaks like glass but re-materializes. I then realize I'm floating...

So I need help with this one. :confused:

Analysis

The cancer part might represent a fear of acquiring a fatal illness, or any illness. The whole dream seems to represent fear. But it also could suggest that you're harming yourself in ways unknown or known, and all of these "symptoms" could represent how you, physically or mentally, are deteriorating from it. You might feel weak at this point in your life.

If none of this meshes with you, then I easily could have analyzed it incorrectly - different symbols mean different things to people - or it could be a dream that was inspired by something you witnessed recently or heard while sleeping, such as something on television. In that case, it might mean nothing.

I go to this site every morning.

http://dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

Have you guys ever flown in a dream? I've done it twice and it's exhilarating.

Its a pretty neat site. I'll add it to the main post. :up:

And I've flown in dreams that happened earlier in life that I recall vividly. Lately I've been dreaming of floating away, like gravity was was turned upside down. It creates a feeling as real as flying does, but it's far from pleasant; it's horrifying. I'm thinking it symbolizes a loss if control, which would make sense in my life right now.

Entry

Occurrence: I had this dream a few months ago.

It was a very, very bright day outside. The sun was shining, the grass was green and the sky was blue. But the colors were ridiculous; they were almost blinding. I felt uncomfortable in the dream. There was a long, straight road going through this house-less field, over steep, small hills. I'm driving a car - it's blue - and the three other seats are occupied by family or people I know; it wasn't very clear who they were but I knew them. I drove up and down the hills with a terrible, dark feeling going throughout my body. The others weren't comfortable, either. It felt chaotic. We go up another hill and as we begin to go down it, the road becomes smooth - no more hills. But that chaotic feeling grows, and as we reach the bottom of the hill, these floating, black, hooded beings start to fly at us. We were all freaking out in the car. The road then turns into an incredibly windy path. I go around these curves and these awful phantoms continue to come at us. The dream just stops with no conclusion. I think I woke up then.

Analysis

What I think this dream represents is my path in life, as there was a road being taken. Me being the driver suggests I do have control. The others in my car represents my responsibility for others in my life. The painful brightness of everything, the hills, road curves and the dark ghosts are obstacles that I'm facing in my life. The overall chaotic atmosphere represents my state of life. I think the most interesting part was how it looked like a perfect, cloudless day, but it was all too bright, the colors, wild, and the atmosphere, dark. I think that may have been a metaphor for how my life might appear nice and easy to some, but for me, it's actually harsh and painful.

Entry

I don't remember how it started but in the dream I had insomnia for two days and decided to got the mall with my brother. At one point he decides to go home and leave me there. So I wind up at a department store I've seen in numerous other dreams. I start going down different aisles looking for a portal to a better dream scenario. It's odd but that's another recurring theme. So I pass by an ex girlfriend and decide not to follow her to a portal and walk out the front door. I start heading to my car but pass by a cute girl . She starts small talk and after a short convo we start walking towards the store together. I tell her about insomnia and and she talks about her recent nightmares. She then shows me her phone with "dreams about hell" googled. I look at it and tell her I have a recurring dream about a witch trying to pull me into hell. Which was a lie but I wanted to keep it going. Then I hear a witch laughing in the background very loudly. I then tell I have to go (knowing the witch will mess things up). Then I woke up.

Analysis

I think this has to do with me wanting to be in a relationship but my life is getting in the way of it. The witch is the issues I have to deal with. The night before this I had a dream about a different ex so this lead to me wanting to talk about dreams I think.
Some of it made sense to me while I started typing but this is still a strange dream that is a lot different and tame compare to what I'm used to. Also there's a bit of a Drag Me to Hell reference in there but that's somewhat coincidental.

Last edited:
Entry

Had this dream a few weeks ago.

My cousin that I haven't seen in years is getting married (in real life, he's already married. not in the dream.) so I go back home for his wedding. Sometime before his wedding (a day or so? My dreams are never the least bit specific) we're sitting there, about to meet his fiance and when she walks into the room, it's a girl I was seeing about a year ago. And she's pregnant. I hang out with her a little bit but I have no idea what was said in the conversation I just remember feeling really confused. Then the dream ended.

I have no idea what it means but that particular girl was actually a really sweet and cool girl and I always felt bad about flaking and kind of getting rid of her after I slept with her. Maybe that had something to do with it. The dream actually got me thinking about her and prompted me to send her a FB message the next day (I don't have her phone # anymore) and apologize for the way things went down.

Last night I dreamt I had Spider-Man's powers. Just a web-slinging all around. :awesome::spidey::awesome:

Analysis-It was pretty damn cool.

I dreamed a giant bird was eating my toes. I had it analyzed and it was determined that I was just horny. Go finger.

Entry

Last night I had a dream I was talking to Alan Moore. He said something about cooking or making a banana on his head.

Entry

Had this dream a few weeks ago.

My cousin that I haven't seen in years is getting married (in real life, he's already married. not in the dream.) so I go back home for his wedding. Sometime before his wedding (a day or so? My dreams are never the least bit specific) we're sitting there, about to meet his fiance and when she walks into the room, it's a girl I was seeing about a year ago. And she's pregnant. I hang out with her a little bit but I have no idea what was said in the conversation I just remember feeling really confused. Then the dream ended.

I have no idea what it means but that particular girl was actually a really sweet and cool girl and I always felt bad about flaking and kind of getting rid of her after I slept with her. Maybe that had something to do with it. The dream actually got me thinking about her and prompted me to send her a FB message the next day (I don't have her phone # anymore) and apologize for the way things went down.

Analysis

Yeah, it sounds like a dream that represents regret and missed opportunities. Some analysts say that a man dreaming of a pregnant female is the unconscious's way of telling the dreamer that he should reevaluate his sex life and the prospect of "no strings attached" sexual occurences. It seems like, buried way down deep inside of you, your dream may a longing to settle down with a girl you love. Haha, who would have thought!

Analyze this... I don't dream anymore. Whaddup with that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"