The Avengers The "I Believe In Mark Ruffalo!" Support Thread

The Hulk rarely was given good artists. I suffered through Herb Trimp and Sal B a poor version of his great brother John B. When J. Byrne came along i was thrilled but that was short lived and McFarline was ruined by Al Milgroms inking. Iorder for me to see good Hulk art i had to colloct his apperences in other comics

I guess you either LOVE Sal Buscema's work or you hate it. I LOVED his work and hated it when he left the title. I am not a fan of Al Milgrom's work at all, his style is more reminiscent of a poor man's John Buscema's compared to his brother's Sal.

Now back on to the topic at hand Ruffalo just got more cool points from me, not that he needed them -

[YT]CzbelWstxIY&feature=related[/YT]

Mark Ruffalo has RUN-DMC’s King of Rock as his ringtone…..:applaud:applaud:applaud
[YT]estlCLvOD4w&feature=related[/YT]

Talk’s about humor in the Avenger’s movie

[YT]to5P4vcM3cM&feature=related[/YT]

Last edited:
This is what Thanos thinks about your claim that Hulk is unbeatable...

thanos.jpg

Last edited:
LOL... I know the Hulk can be beat, but it takes an Infinity Gauntlet Thanos and Sky-Fathers to do what happened in the picture. Zeus just beat Hulk's a$$ like he stole sumthin'. :woot:

On a good day Thor, Gladiator and Juggernaut could as well.

Yep. IM, Black Bolt and Silver Surfer have also beaten Hulk.

LOL... I know the Hulk can be beat, but it takes an Infinity Gauntlet Thanos and Sky-Fathers to do what happened in the picture. Zeus just beat Hulk's a$$ like he stole sumthin'. :woot:

That's Thanos without the IG. He's just a pimp like that. :D

That's a John McEnroe backhand stroke in the picture. Just like Thanos' pimp slap ...one should respect the person it's coming from.

That's Thanos without the IG. He's just a pimp like that. :D

Are you sure; that looks alot like the Infinty Gauntlet series.

In any case, the Hulk can be beaten and has been but he has also beaten many. He is up there in power levels in the Avengers' team.

I agree with everyone except Juggernaut. I've never seen him get the better of Hulk. He does well sometimes, but always loses from what I remember.

Gladiator is a BMF though.

I agree with everyone except Juggernaut. I've never seen him get the better of Hulk. He does well sometimes, but always loses from what I remember.

Gladiator is a BMF though.

Juggernaut beat the Merged Hulk once when he was out of uniform. Hulk did not know who he was fighting so Juggy took advantage and lumped him up.

Did you catch the Hulk Gladiator Battle in the Hulk annual? Real good stuff.

Juggernaut beat the Merged Hulk once when he was out of uniform. Hulk did not know who he was fighting so Juggy took advantage and lumped him up.

Did you catch the Hulk Gladiator Battle in the Hulk annual? Real good stuff.
whoa. Hulk vs Gladiator?! gotta check that out! yeah Gladiators grown on me big time here lately. man just imagine them battling it out on the big screen. Marvel! make it happen! lol

Gladiator is Superman on ego-trip mode. It was Incredible Hulk Annual 1997.

Gladiator's power is based in his confidence and the madder Hulk gets the stronger he gets, and there's no end to his anger. So it's a good match-up.

I wonder if Fox has the rights to the Shiar, which is the team Gladiator's a part of?

should there be more hulk movies with mark ruffalo? if avengers is a hit and people like mark in the role, should he do a sequel as the hulk.

i mean they could really take the hulk really far. there so much more to the hulk than "hulk smash" rage. there is the grey hulk. there is the smart hulk. there is the leader and then abomination is still a threat.

and if this happened should they recast the characters from the first film?

should there be more hulk movies with mark ruffalo? if avengers is a hit and people like mark in the role, should he do a sequel as the hulk.

i mean they could really take the hulk really far. there so much more to the hulk than "hulk smash" rage. there is the grey hulk. there is the smart hulk. there is the leader and then abomination is still a threat.

At this point, until I see the movie in order to see how Hulk is portrayed, I'll reserve my comment as to wanting to see another Hulk film. I think Ruffalo will do an exceptional job personally, but most of the problems I have with the Hulk films is with the Hulk. If the Hulk is given and I STRESS proper characterization, something I don't hold my breath for with Whedon, a guy who once professed that the Hulk didn't resonate with him, I don't expect too much justice to be done with him...but I hope I'm wrong. Whedon at least has TAEMHs to reference.

At this point, I'm more thrilled about the Guillermo Del Toro and David Eick television show in the works. They are sticking closer to the comic book portrayal of the Hulk incarnation, instead of driving this mindless monster mess in our heads.

If the movie goes with a version close to Gravage/Green Scar I think it would be best. Have him speak as any normal person does, but as he gets angrier, have him start speaking in third person, I thnk that would be cool, it works for EMHs. Then I'd love to see him in more big screen movies. If not wait 8 years, then reboot him...the right way...with Rick Jones of course.

and if this happened should they recast the characters from the first film?
I liked the cast of TIH. I think William Hurt gets a bad rap by some because most of his finer moments were cut out the film, but he was a great General Ross. I still want to see Norton's and Letterrier's cut of the film, I love story. My only problem with Liv Tyler is I think she is taller than Ruffalo, and that would bother me, but I liked her as Betty and thought she bought sympathy to the character, but as well a lot of her good moments ended up edited out of the film. Tim Blake Nelson was awesome as Samuel Sterns.

Last edited:
At this point, until I see the movie in order to see how Hulk is portrayed, I'll reserve my comment as to wanting to see another Hulk film. I think Ruffalo will do an exceptional job personally, but most of the problems I have with the Hulk films is with the Hulk. If the Hulk is given and I STRESS proper characterization, something I don't hold my breath for with Whedon, a guy who once professed that the Hulk didn't resonate with him, I don't expect too much justice to be done with him...but I hope I'm wrong. Whedon at least has TAEMHs to reference.

At this point, I'm more thrilled about the Guillermo Del Toro and David Eick television show in the works. They are sticking closer to the comic book portrayal of the Hulk incarnation, instead of driving this mindless monster mess in our heads.

If the movie goes with a version close to Gravage/Green Scar I think it would be best. Have him speak as any normal person does, but as he gets angrier, have him start speaking in third person, I thnk that would be cool, it works for EMHs. Then I'd love to see him in more big screen movies. If not wait 8 years, then reboot him...the right way...with Rick Jones of course.

I liked the cast of TIH. I think William Hurt gets a bad rap by some because most of his finer moments were cut out the film, but he was a great General Ross. I still want to see Norton's and Letterrier's cut of the film, I love story. My only problem with Liv Tyler is I think she is taller than Ruffalo, and that would bother me, but I liked her as Betty and thought she bought sympathy to the character, but as well a lot of her good moments ended up edited out of the film. Tim Blake Nelson was awesome as Samuel Sterns.

good points. the first 2003 hulk had a better story IMO. the newer 2008 hulk was an action movie. but i like both. both films have strengths and weaknesses. but as a hulk fan they both have something missing.

i agree that if they do hulk again but with mark they will be able to learn from mistakes made with 2003 and 2008 films.

my hope is that hulk will be animated better. even though 2008 hulk looked better than 2003, he still looks alittle fake in certain spots.

http://screenrant.com/fan-created-cgi-incredible-hulk-best-of-the-bunch-vic-1587/

hulk-comparison.jpg

Last edited:
The perfect Hulk movie lies somewhere in the middle of the two we've gotten.

The fact that Ruffalo's Hulk resembles Kirby's Hulk brings a huge smile to my face. Don't get me wrong, I loved how Hulk looked in TIH, but it's just good to know that Ruffalo's Hulk resemble's Jack Kirby's.

good points. the first 2003 hulk had a better story IMO. the newer 2008 hulk was an action movie. but i like both. both films have strengths and weaknesses. but as a hulk fan they both have something missing.

i agree that if they do hulk again but with mark they will be able to learn from mistakes made with 2003 and 2008 films.

my hope is that hulk will be animated better. even though 2008 hulk looked better than 2003, he still looks alittle fake in certain spots.

http://screenrant.com/fan-created-cgi-incredible-hulk-best-of-the-bunch-vic-1587/

hulk-comparison.jpg

Yeah, if the 2003 and 2008 Hulk movies could merge properly, we'd have the PERFECT movie.

I expect the animation for the Avengers Hulk to be on par with Avatar's Navi.

The perfect Hulk movie lies somewhere in the middle of the two we've gotten.

This is true. I think the 2003 movie was too serious (I liked it) and Marvel didn't market it as such. They wanted people to believe they were getting Spider-Man, but unexpectedly through the audience for a loop..

Yeah, if the 2003 and 2008 Hulk movies could merge properly, we'd have the PERFECT movie.

I expect the animation for the Avengers Hulk to be on par with Avatar's Navi.

This is true. I think the 2003 movie was too serious (I liked it) and Marvel didn't market it as such. They wanted people to believe they were getting Spider-Man, but unexpectedly through the audience for a loop..

yeah. good points. i just feel that they have covered the hulk orgin twice now. i think that with an all new all star supporting cast they could do a ruffalo hulk movie, but just animate him better and develop his character better and please hulk fans.

i would love to see talking hulk, or grey hulk. there is so much more to the character.

wHATS THAT BOTTOM hULK PICTURE?

An "amateur" rendering that was highlighted around the time of TIH. It's okay, but I don't think it is any better than what we have been given before. I definitely don't prefer the facial/hair features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"