Mark Ruffalo May Be Marvel’s New Hulk

Paroxysm

Superhero
Reaction score
Deadline reports is that Mark Ruffalo is in ‘late stage talks’ to be the new Bruce Banner and Incredible Hulk in The Avengers. That’s all the info we’ve got right now, but I love the idea. I’ve enjoyed Ruffalo’s work for a long time, and while his basic mode is pretty much the polar opposite of The Avengers, I think he could be great fun. Think of his performance in The Brothers Bloom modulated by his serious but pulpy work in Shutter Island. Yeah, this may do nicely. More details as they come in.
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/07/14/mark-ruffalo-may-be-marvels-new-hulk/

Awesome!

doesnt matter well have a new actor for avengers 2 or hulk 3, I hear there already eyeing ben affleck.

This is full of win, and anybody who disagrees is wrong.

Hope to God they get him. Ruffalo is first rate.

As much as I like the previous actor...I think this is the right way to go. I like the act Marvel wants someone who knows the material and enjoys it. It seems to be one of the things they try to find in their actors...people who are at least familiar with the source material.

Ruffalo would be leaps and bounds better than Norton, at least in my book.

I guess he'll be okay, but who's playing Bruce Banner?

oh, the other story I read just said he would be the Hulk - looks a little big to be Banner, but I guess they know what they are doing...

Last edited by a moderator:
Better than Joaquin Phoenix..

In addition to his own talent, Ruffalo has great chemistry with RDJ (see Zodiac).

ZOMG! WTF! BBQ! Ruffalo isn't big enough or green enough to be the Hulk.

Seriously though he'd make a pretty good Bruce Banner. He fits the part moreso in the mould of the Bixby Banner from TV than the comic book version

This just in, Marvel fires RDJ because he is making too much money and they instead hire Patrick Dempsey.

It seems to be one of the things they try to find in their actors...people who are at least familiar with the source material.

To bad they can't find writers fimiliar with the source material.

mark_ruffalo.jpg

Nothing like good ol' fashion guy love.

Come on, he's not going to be the hulk. It's Bruce Banner. The Hulk will still be cgi...duh. :)

PRetty damn good choice, I guess. Defenitely better than other choices I was worried aobut.

However, I still think Norton should NOT have been replaced. He is Bruce banner, IMO.

I loved norton as banner but ive gotta say i think Ruffalo is a fantastic choice to replace him. Hes a quality character actor and deserves the opportunity.

the problem with Hulk movies has always been the realisation of the hulk and what anger does to someone if truly unleashed. The cgi for hulk has always to me seemed to be its downfall so heres hoping in avengers they leave it til the last to unleash the hulk and instead focus on the torment banner goes through in trying to control the rage within rather than all out big mean and green.

This just in, Marvel fires RDJ because he is making too much money and they instead hire Patrick Dempsey.

Or Jeffrey Dean Morgan. 98% of people can't tell the difference!

I like Ruffalo but not sure he is Banner. But there are worse choices. Much much worse.

This is like watching any 70s sitcom and seeing them switch actresses for the blonde bimbo halfway through the season.

No complaints here.

This is like watching any 70s sitcom and seeing them switch actresses for the blonde bimbo halfway through the season.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
Come and knock on our door,
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] We've been waiting for you.
Where the kisses are hers and hers and his
Three movies oh Hulk.

Come and dance on our floor,
Take a step that is new.
We've a loveable space that needs your face
Three movies of Hulk.
[/FONT]

hmm, this does not please me. Nothing against Mark, I just think they can do better.

Also, he's bland and he was in Catwoman. You can hate me if you wish but this is my opinion (and the second part is fact)

I like Ruffalo as an actor, a lot in fact, but I just done see him as Bruce Banner personally.

I'm sorry people, but I just can't buy Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner. This has got to be the most wonky casting decision in the Marvel Movieverse so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"